Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

+30
Motown Spartan
Heat Miser
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
AnomanderRake
Senior Dickfist
y2kMgrad
Nordic
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
pulling69
steveschneider
aualum06
NigelUno
kingstonlake
DWags
TheReal_LWS
Rocinante
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
34 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  Empty tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 21:12

Reluctantly, I repost the following. In the Martin Spartan thread, I said something about telling Goose to stop following those idiots on Twitter. Martin asked me to clarify and this is what I said.

WBH wrote:So Goose has a daily routine. He wakes up in the morning, he probably makes his coffee and his oatmeal and then he starts scouring the internet. First he checks out his MSU sites, then he checks out the Detroit paper sites, then he checks out his daily propaganda sites, then he goes to his Twitter feed and he sees all of the idiots that he follows spewing propaganda and he reads all of their shit. Then he comes back here armed with propaganda and ready for a fight citing BS statistics propagated by BS websites. Then he accuses everyone here of being hypocrites because we all do the same thing except nobody does that.

So Martin indeed relayed this message to Goose (which is fine), and Goose texted me with a rebuttal and asked me to post it. It is highly political and whatevs, that's fine, hopefully it doesn't sway too much down that road. I won't move the thread but it's probably gonna go that route so if someone else wants to at a certain point, please use your best judgement.

Offered without further comment:

Guest wrote:Greetings my Swill friends.

lol, this is close in a couple ways but wildly askew in others.   I get up and check my email, answer any important ones.   Cook breakfast which always includes eggs unless the grandkids are here - then they usually request pancakes or waffles.   Coffee sets my AFib off so I drink one cup a week, I've missed my morning pot badly for 10 years now.  Then I read my 3 newspaper sites (News, Freep, MLive), various message boards and couple of news aggregators.  After that there's some daily variation depending on season and plans.  
The not even close parts:  I've logged into Twitter once since April - to say thanks to Lynn Henning.   He and I shared many lively debates over the years as old farm kids, baseball and outdoors nuts and across a liberal/conservative divide.  Somehow we never called each other names and remain friends.  
The BS part is BS on your part.   You and 90%+ of the Swill are raging liberals that consider yourselves purveyors of facts as you swallow the Covington, Smollett and other bullshit news whole as you blithely call any site you disagree with "propaganda" - how's the collusion propaganda going?  Because you have a huge majority on the Swill you mistake that as being a reflection of America as a whole.   You ignore the fact that Trump won, and is favored to win again by the people that are most accurate - the books.  You are NOT reflective of America, most are more conservative than you and more liberal than me.   I'm aware of that, most of you aren't.
If you think I'm blinded take a few, step back and think about the political leanings of those that have been driven from or simply chose to leave the board.    There's a pattern in how people with opposing viewpoints are treated here.
Also I did NOT come post political content on the Swill - if I was posting political content it was in the Bin.  That's the double standard that irked me most.  The board doesn't need to be that way if people choose to respect boundaries.  One of my other message boards started as a Tigers board but now has every sport covered and a massively active political section - the crossover is virtually zero.  Why?   Because people keep things separate and in the rare times it's needed the mods actually enforce it.  And honestly that place is just as wildly liberal as the Swill - I guess most conservatives have better things to do than message boarding.   At the Swill none of the mods could/would see it because it all agreed with their worldview.    So I left, life goes on, yours and mine.  
I'm not pissed at anyone, I'm just unwilling to be randomly abused because my political views are different than most of you.  I've had those same views since before many of you were born, Trump has nothing to do with it and I don't spend 85% of my life obsessing over the orange man as many of you seem to.   And by that I mean getting fucking offended by a headline because it comes from a source you don't approve of.  
The Swill is eventually doomed anyway, the 2 people with the keys to the place are rarely there and essentially don't give a flying fuck except to say it's "their" board.   Maybe there's some hope that tRCMB will implode someday and he can cash in, hell if I know.
Since Martin mentioned he liked the Mio thread, Ellie's 12 Tables is in this story - I've been flogging this diner for a while on the Swill.   They won the voting for the best diner in northern Michigan.   The question is how will they fare in the final standings.   (Owned and operated by 2 members of our local LGBT community as are 2 other local eateries, amazing for those of you that think everywhere outside your little bubble is bigoted especially in a county that voted 70% Trump)
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/d5dc9fae5d512/see-all-of-our-michigans-best-diner-finalists.html
For my friend Bobby Sak: A new sport he needs to consider - combining his love of biking and snow.
https://www.mlive.com/expo/life-and-culture/g66l-2019/02/734f712b2a9446/winter-fat-tire-biking-is-taking-off-in-michigan-17-trails-to-try.html
For my friend Wakie: Happy Birthday and the CitiDouble Cash is a great card, it's my go to.
In closing I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss the place but in the end the shit there just wasn't worth it to me.   I can get my Spartan fix at tRCMB and my Tigers fix at Motown Sports so I'm good.   Have fun and enjoy yourself,

Goose aka "Guest" ;-)

PS - how's that for book length?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-20, 21:14

Talk to me, Guest!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  Empty Re: tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 21:19

Blah blah blah. He was a troll when talking politics and an awesome guy any other time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-20, 21:23

Rocinante wrote:Blah blah blah. He was a troll when talking politics and an awesome guy any other time.

Pot, meet kettle.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-20, 21:24

I miss Goose. I'd trade 17.3 WBHs for one Goose.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 21:26

TheReal_LWS wrote:I miss Goose. I'd trade 17.3 WBHs for one Goose.

Good news. I know where you can find him and not a single trace of WBH.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-20, 21:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Is that a threat?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 21:33

TheReal_LWS wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Is that a threat?

You're not very smart are you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-20, 21:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Is that a threat?

You're not very smart are you.

Not even a little bit. But I am smarter than you.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-20, 21:41

Goose is like me and many old guys. We’re blinded by our passion to the point where it’s hard to convince us otherwise. He’s not here anymore because he didn’t like this board. There is no other reason. As a subset of that, he can absolutely give his reasons as too liberal or he can believe he was this noble person who shunned politics on the main board only to be trashed by the left wing liberals and those reasons are good enough for me.

He didn’t like this board.

He left.

Good for him.

I like the board

Sometimes I get pissed at some of you.

I’m not leaving.

Bad for you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-20, 21:41

Thank you for the correspondence Goose. Stay well. Stay warm!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-20, 21:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It seems like we can find Goose here if you publish his texts.

Thanks though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 21:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Bazinga!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-20, 21:57

Sometimes you all take this stuff a little bit to serious
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 21:59

aualum06 wrote:Sometimes you all take this stuff a little bit to serious

Yes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-20, 22:02

TLDR
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-20, 22:05

steveschneider wrote:TLDR

lol. Yes. He sent this to me last night. I skimmed it and went to bed. I love Goose as a person. Not really interested in this political mod whatever circle jerk. But he wanted me to post it, he was very clear about that. Hope he finds whatever he's searching for.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-20, 22:10

You should go have brunch with Goose. Tell him we said hi.

You could meet him at that diner in Mio.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-20, 22:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:TLDR

lol. Yes. He sent this to me last night. I skimmed it and went to bed. I love Goose as a person. Not really interested in this political mod whatever circle jerk. But he wanted me to post it, he was very clear about that. Hope he finds whatever he's searching for.

Dude is a solid poster. Who wouldn’t like him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:19

Rocinante wrote:Blah blah blah. He was a troll when talking politics and an awesome guy any other time.

Troll? Because he has a different viewpoint as you?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:24

pulling69 wrote:

No. Troll because all he would do is pop in with some talking point and then never reply to challenges to the assertions that were made in that thread. That’s the definition of a troll.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-20, 22:24

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Dude is a solid poster.  Who wouldn’t like him.
Pylon
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:25

He knows it too. What drove him off was that the reaction to his trolling over on the bin followed him here. I tried not to engage in that, even though his trolling was shitty over there. But that’s what happens when you troll. If you don’t engage in debate but just drop shitty nuggets of dogma, you get followed. I mean that’s why they call it trolling.

Last edited by Rocinante on 2019-02-20, 22:28; edited 2 times in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:26

Rocinante wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

No. Troll because all he would do is pop in with some talking point and then never reply to challenges to the assertions that were made in that thread. That’s the definition of a troll.

On the main forum or on your politics forum?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-20, 22:26

Rocinante wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

bullshit
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:28

pulling69 wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

The bin. See my further explanation above.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:29

Rocinante wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

The political forums have always been rife with trolling, that is why they are there. If you want "real" debate I suggest you step out from behind a keyboard and talk to someone. Or do you only engage in political trolling/debate as a keyboard warrior?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:30

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

bullshit

Ok? It’s demonstrable. Go over there and find all the right wing talking point threads started by him. Notice that he is the initial poster, then others come in with thought out responses (excluding Bob of course) and he never responds. What do you call that?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:31

pulling69 wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

The political forums have always been rife with trolling, that is why they are there. If you want "real" debate I suggest you step out from behind a keyboard and talk to someone. Or do you only engage in political trolling/debate as a keyboard warrior?

What are you even talking about?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-20, 22:33

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

bullshit

No bullshit dude. Do some research before spouting off.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:34

you seem to be very upset that someone (Goose) started numerous threads from a different view as your own. You call that trolling.

PS So now if someone starts a thread on tSwill, according to you, if they do not reply again they are simply trolling.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-20, 22:34

pulling69 wrote:you seem to be very upset that someone (Goose) started numerous threads from a different view as your own. You call that trolling.

PS So now if someone starts a thread on tSwill, according to you, if they do not reply again they are simply trolling.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
bullshit

breaking news bro, nobody gives a rat's ass about the politics board.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
pulling69 wrote:you seem to be very upset that someone (Goose) started numerous threads from a different view as your own. You call that trolling.

You seem bent out of shape, you a snowflake or something?

PS That is trolling
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-20, 22:36

pulling69 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Ok, champ. tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-20, 22:37

pulling69 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You seem bent out of shape, you a snowflake or something?

PS That is trolling

Again, you are clueless. tOfficial Bob misses Goose thread aka Come Back Goose thread  502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:37

Just having fun, pal.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-20, 22:37

pulling69 wrote:Just having fun, pal.

Me too guy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-20, 22:38

pulling69 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Somebody cared enough to quit the board over it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2019-02-20, 22:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Just having fun, pal.

Me too guy.

I'm not your guy, friend!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next