Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA

5 posters

Go down

House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA Empty House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-07, 13:52

I'll save you guys the trouble of reading through the 123 page bill, it's a giant pile of shit.

Republicans had 6 years to come up with a viable replacement (*cough* Universal Health Care *cough*) and despite all of the ACA's flaws, Republicans couldn't come up with something better. Sad.

How long until Americans come around to the fact that Universal Health Care is the solution, and not some communist boogey-man?
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA Empty Re: House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-07, 13:56

Step 1- reveal piece of crap bill
Step 2- put up token fight for piece of crap bill
Step 3- wait until the democrats fight/filibuster/don't let it get through
Step 4- scream about obstructive asshole democrats that won't let (piece of crap) bill through
Step 5- continue blaming all the problems in healthcare on democrats. Never work on actual solution to problem.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA Empty Re: House Republicans reveal Republicare plan to replace the ACA

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-07, 14:00

Chaos
Trump tweets about being wiretapped dominate weekend news

GOP House unveils an ACA replacement
Wanting a wham bam thank you ma'am
vote before 15 April

Wikileaks releases CIA codes and documents

It's by the book of you are Bannon.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-07, 14:02

See, here is the fork in the road for the democrats. Do you let this go, let it get passed, vote pretty much party line and let it go. Then when the public figures out that the guys from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and WV who worked in coal mines get kicked off the roll for missing a payment and the Farmers in Wisconsin has it happen to them, and they're really fucked, they'll say, em, "I don't think this is what I wanted".

Or do you keep fighting for the very people who told you to get fucked in November?

Hell of a decision to make.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-07, 14:06

DWags wrote:See, here is the fork in the road for the democrats. Do you let this go, let it get passed, vote pretty much party line and let it go. Then when the public figures out that the guys from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and WV who worked in coal mines get kicked off the roll for missing a payment and the Farmers in Wisconsin has it happen to them, and they're really fucked, they'll say, em, "I don't think this is what I wanted".

Or do you keep fighting for the very people who told you to get fucked in November?

Hell of a decision to make.

You fight for the people that told you to get fucked because it's the right thing to do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-07, 14:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Step 1- reveal piece of crap bill
Step 2- put up token fight for piece of crap bill
Step 3- wait until the democrats fight/filibuster/don't let it get through
Step 4- scream about obstructive asshole democrats that won't let (piece of crap) bill through
Step 5- continue blaming all the problems in healthcare on democrats. Never work on actual solution to problem.

Politics. Rinse wash repeat.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-07, 14:45

I'm with you travis. Sucks, but you're right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-07, 15:51

Wags I would hope that Democrats will never let this bill pass in its current form. Yeah a lot poor people will lose their insurance or be under-insured worse than they already are, which seems humorous in a spiteful revenge sort of way, but the way the bill is written will also put middle class, insured people at risk of being 1 medical emergency away from bankruptcy.

Additionally, the lack of a mandate, and actually encouraging young healthy people not to participate in the system will drive up premiums for everyone else, so those of us with good insurance have a vested interest in this as well. If this bill passed it wouldn't make any sense for someone like me to have health insurance, period. I haven't needed a doctor or insurance for anything since I had my wisdom teeth removed several years ago. I, and many other healthy young people could go without insurance and just pay a 30% penalty for a year should we ever need to get insurance for a medical issue in the future. Moral hazard anyone? I guess this would be a huge tax cut for me since I probably won't need insurance any time soon. Even if I did need insurance the penalty is laughable in the face of the max deductibles allowed in this legislation. You'd be looking at bankruptcy, insured or not.

It's just a very poorly thought out, half-assed attempt at "replacing" the ACA. There will be a lot of resistance to it, even within the Republican party, because of how much of an utter piece of garbage this legislation is. It does little to nothing to address the challenges of our health care system, makes it worse in a lot of ways, and has some hilariously lopsided provisions that equate to massive tax cuts for the wealthy.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down