Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.

+2
kingstonlake
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.  Empty Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.

Post by DWags 2017-03-09, 09:48

Merica!

Hahahahaha.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.  Empty Re: Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.

Post by Guest 2017-03-09, 09:55

She nails it in the 1st paragraph....still amazed people buy that shit.

Let's start with the fact that bottled water is history's greatest scam.

For the most part, bottled water companies take a product any American can access at the tap for pennies -- at least 25% of bottled water comes from municipal drinking sources -- slap it into a plastic bottle, and charge dollars for the same quantity.

want to stop Nestle?   stop buying fucking bottled water.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.  Empty Re: Nestle gets billions of gallons of Michigan water for a 200 admin fee and they make a ton.

Post by DWags 2017-03-09, 10:00

LooseGoose wrote:She nails it in the 1st paragraph....still amazed people buy that shit.

For the most part, bottled water companies take a product any American can access at the tap for pennies -- at least 25% of bottled water comes from municipal drinking sources -- slap it into a plastic bottle, and charge dollars for the same quantity.

Who wants to stop Nestle? God bless them and jobs. A bit less water a few more Asian carp. All good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-09, 10:05

lol, ok. then tax the shit out of them for pumping our water.

I've never bought a bottle of water and never will.

I've always been amazed at people that don't blink at paying $1.00 or more for a 16oz bottle of water ($8.00 a gallon) while bitching about $3.00 a gallon for gas or milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-09, 10:23

Got a filter on my fridge. Replace it every year. Water is as good as any "premium" bottled water.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-09, 10:40

Michgan is open for business.

Did anyone with a clue expect anything less when Gov. Snyder in his DNR scramble after the Flint mess was exposed appointed Ms.Fixit whose qualifications include beng an oil industry lobbyist and PR for BP to handle the BP drillng rig disaster.

Pumping MI fresh water, paying our state a pittance and selling it in places like Indianapolis where the water is wretched or DesMoines where pregnant women are advised to stay away drinking city water.

Water is the new copper or timber. Natural resources sold that enriched a select group and when they were exhausted the select groups move to the next state or country.

Snyder and others in MI government are in bed with Nestle the same way Gov's Crapo, Crosswel and Alger were in league with the copper and lumber barons.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-09, 12:49

LooseGoose wrote:lol, ok. then tax the shit out of them for pumping our water.

I've always been amazed at people that don't blink at paying $1.00 or more for a 16oz bottle of water ($8.00 a gallon) while bitching about $3.00 a gallon for gas or milk.

Again, is there another way to possibly stop Nestle without counting on stupid people? I get that bottled water is dumb. But 2 billion gallons? 200 dollars? Seriously
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-09, 13:16

LooseGoose wrote:She nails it in the 1st paragraph....still amazed people buy that shit.

Sounds like you hate the free market. Sad!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-09, 13:18

Reminds me of this great video.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-09, 13:30

This. The only scam bigger than Nestle getting water for a couple hundred is people paying for the bottled stuff. Irony at its strongest, actually.
(Although, as I've admitted before, I always have a couple cases on hand in the event of a temporary water crisis. I'd prefer to avoid long lines for water if o can avoid it for a few days.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-09, 13:57

tGreenWay wrote:

This. The only scam bigger than Nestle getting water for a couple hundred is people paying for the bottled stuff. Irony at its strongest, actually.
(Although, as I've admitted before, I always have a couple cases on hand in the event of a temporary water crisis. I'd prefer to avoid long lines for water if o can avoid it for a few days.)

We all do. I have a lot in basement storage. With soup Tripled up since November 8.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-09, 14:04

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We all do. I have a lot in basement storage. With soup Tripled up since November 8.

Just remember to rotate stuff out. I used to store those big Absopure jugs which are, I think, 2.5 gallons. Fuckers would frequently collapse on themselves after several months to a year. Those jugs aren't well made. The other problem with them is they start to have a funny taste to them at/near their exp. dates. You know how streets smell dusty when it starts to rain after a dry spell? That's what the water tastes like. Now, I just stick with bottles. Besides, it's easier to run with a couple plastic bottles than with a huge jugs when you're being chased by zombies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-09, 14:20

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

We all do. I have a lot in basement storage.  With soup Tripled up since November 8.

Just remember to rotate stuff out. I used to store those big Absopure jugs which are, I think, 2.5 gallons. Fuckers would frequently collapse on themselves after several months to a year. Those jugs aren't well made. The other problem with them is they start to have a funny taste to them at/near their exp. dates. You know how streets smell dusty when it starts to rain after a dry spell? That's what the water tastes like. Now, I just stick with bottles. Besides, it's easier to run with a couple plastic bottles than with a huge jugs when you're being chased by ISIS.

Fixed. This is tBin right? Yeah, it's tBin.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-09, 14:29

I think you are losing sight of the 100 jobs the plant provides.

Nestle will keep pumping until the quality of water drops even if the neighbors wells go bad or dry up sooner.

I had an office where we had Absopure 5 gallon jugs delivered for 2 water coolers because there was so much sulphur and iron in the well water it was pretty much undrinkable. We weren't going to invest in a softener/iron filter system in a leased office and the building owner certainly wasn't.

MI blinked. They could have renegotiated the contract or at least increased the price for amounts over the original volume agreed on. They didn't.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-09, 18:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just remember to rotate stuff out. I used to store those big Absopure jugs which are, I think, 2.5 gallons. Fuckers would frequently collapse on themselves after several months to a year. Those jugs aren't well made. The other problem with them is they start to have a funny taste to them at/near their exp. dates. You know how streets smell dusty when it starts to rain after a dry spell? That's what the water tastes like. Now, I just stick with bottles. Besides, it's easier to run with a couple plastic bottles than with a huge jugs when you're being chased by ISIS.

Fixed. This is tBin right? Yeah, it's tBin.

Thanks. I forgot where I was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down