Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days..

+6
The_Dude
Cameron
DWags
CheesySpartan
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days.. Empty For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 11:43

temporary court injunction, thankfully - but the christian Republican "pro-life" governor plans to proceed accordingly.

8 Inmates To Be Executed in 11 Days

but.. remember.. let's focus on a Syrian government that kills its own citizens and pretend to be outraged by that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days.. Empty Re: For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days..

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 13:42

I'm so torn on this issue.

My instinct is to say...."yeah, this is fucked up"... then I go to the link and read about how they got here.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days.. Empty Re: For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 13:43

xsanguine wrote:I'm so torn on this issue.

My instinct is to say...."yeah, this is fucked up"... then I go to the link and read about how they got here.
meh - life is life.

I certainly don't want government to decide whose life has value and whose doesn't it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

meh - life is life.

I certainly don't want government to decide whose life has value and whose doesn't it.

That's a good point. You're anarchist as fuck, Bob. Respek.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 14:04

Comparing a convicted murderer's life to that of an unborn child is silly in my opinion.

After reading what each of these men did to get on death row I say good riddance. They obviously can't be released back into society so keeping them in prison till they die naturally is its own form of a death sentence anyway.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 14:07

CheesySpartan wrote:Comparing a convicted murderer's life to that of an unborn child is silly in my opinion.

After reading what each of these men did to get on death row I say good riddance. They obviously can't be released back into society so keeping them in prison till they die naturally is its own form of a death sentence anyway.

I'll ask you the same question. What percentage of "convicted " killers is actually guilty?

95%. That's pretty good. If you aren't the five percent.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 14:11

I'm pro-choice but also think comparing the two is just revealing a subconscious hatred towards babies. Like the Christian concept of 'original sin'. It's the only way I can see comparing someone who consciously took another life in a grisly manner and a baby that inconvenienced the social/night life of the mother.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 14:25

DWags wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Comparing a convicted murderer's life to that of an unborn child is silly in my opinion.

After reading what each of these men did to get on death row I say good riddance.  They obviously can't be released back into society so keeping them in prison till they die naturally is its own form of a death sentence anyway.  

I'll ask you the same question. What percentage of "convicted " killers is actually guilty?

Of course the system's not perfect Wags.  There are probably more guilty people who get off on a technicality or good lawyering then are innocent on death row.  So it could be said it goes both ways.  

I read what this evil POS did and I have no sympathy for how his life ends.  

KENNETH WILLIAMS

Williams, 38, initially was sentenced to life in prison for the 1998 killing of University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff cheerleader Dominique Hurd. After jurors spared his life, he turned to the girl's family and taunted them, saying "You thought I was going to die, didn't you?"

Three weeks after his conviction, he escaped by hiding in a container of hog slop being ferried from a prison kitchen to a prison hog farm outside the main gates. Once out, he killed Cecil Boren, who lived near the prison, and stole a truck. During a chase in southern Missouri the next day, Williams crashed into a water-delivery truck, killing the driver, before police captured him.

While in prison, Williams said he had killed another person in 1998.

Arkansas death row inmate Kenneth Williams apologized in a clemency hearing Friday morning to the families of four people he killed, asking authorities to judge him by his actions since he found religion in prison more than a decade ago.

I'd say that's exactly what they are doing by putting you to death dumbass!

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-04-17, 14:31; edited 2 times in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 14:27

You gotta be kinda smart to break out of prison. So he's got that going for him...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 14:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

meh - life is life.

Technically its a jury of your peers that decides your fate in these cases. The government just carries it out.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 15:08

CheesySpartan wrote:
Of course the system's not perfect Wags.  There are probably more guilty people who get off on a technicality or good lawyering then are innocent on death row.  So it could be said it goes both ways.  

Disagree, never "Both ways" if we as a society put to death an innocent man.

[i]There are probably more guilty people who get off on a technicality or good lawyering then are innocent on death row[/i]. wrote:

I'll leave it to Ben Franklin: "it's better that 100 guilty men go free tha one innocent man go to jail"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 15:23

Definitely do not agree with old Ben there.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:29

Ben Franklin also said...

"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious."

Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

24. Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

The bigoted fuck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:32

you're welcome to your opinion.

I view a life as a life. Which is why I consider myself "pro-life".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:33

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
meh - life is life.

Technically its a jury of your peers that decides your fate in these cases. The government just carries it out.
okay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 15:34

xsanguine wrote:Ben Franklin also said...

"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious."

Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

24. Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

The bigoted fuck.

Well, I agree with his saying, "Better that 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail".

I get it, you don't. O.K., cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 15:34

CheesySpartan wrote:Definitely do not agree with old Ben there.

Why do I think if you were that one innocent man, you just might.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:36

I agree with it, too, Dwags.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:36

if blood-thirsty types (who probably call themselves "christians") want these people subjected to premeditated murder at the hands of the government, that's certainly their right within the sick parameters of the United States government.

however, it's also my right to know that they don't really care about the life of the unborn child..  or the citizens of Syria who are also murdered by their government... it's all situational. I just wish they had the courage to admit it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:42

We all agree that death penalty by self defense is preferable to any other outcome, though, right?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:44

xsanguine wrote:We all agree that death penalty by self defense is preferable to any other outcome, though, right?
depends on whether or not the person is a) black, b) armed with Skittles and c) has their hands up.

if any of these criterion are true, it's okay with god if you murder them... and you can still call yourself "pro life".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:We all agree that death penalty by self defense is preferable to any other outcome, though, right?
depends on whether or not the person is a) black, b) armed with Skittles and c) has their hands up.

if any of these criterion are true, it's okay with god if you murder them... and you can still call yourself "pro life".

I think it's just simpler to say 'anyone initiating violence'.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 15:47

xsanguine wrote:I agree with it, too, Dwags.

Oh, so you think that was the worst thing frankln was? A bigot? Holy shit, he did way worse. Including scamming people in France by "mesmerizing" them with another scammer to get the bad Juju out of them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:48

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think it's just simpler to say 'anyone initiating violence'.
the US government founded on christian values is very good at initiating violence.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:49

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I agree with it, too, Dwags.

Oh, so you think that was the worst thing frankln was? A bigot? Holy shit, he did way worse. Including scamming people in France by "mesmerizing" them with another scammer to get the bad Juju out of them.

No, I don't think it was the worst thing Franklin did/was.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 15:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if blood-thirsty types (who probably call themselves "christians") want these people subjected to premeditated murder at the hands of the government, that's certainly their right within the sick parameters of the United States government.

Just to be clear then Bob, you would rather have these convicted murderers institutionalized for 30, 40 or 50 years. That's really the only alternative option.

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-17, 15:53

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if blood-thirsty types (who probably call themselves "christians") want these people subjected to premeditated murder at the hands of the government, that's certainly their right within the sick parameters of the United States government.

Just to be clear then Bob, you would rather have these convicted murderers institutionalized for 30, 40 or 50 years. That's really the only alternative option.

yep.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-17, 15:56

CheesySpartan wrote:

If we end the drug war that's a drop in the bucket.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-17, 16:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Just to be clear then Bob, you would rather have these convicted murderers institutionalized for 30, 40 or 50 years.  That's really the only alternative option.

yep.

I'm fine with that. It just seems like a waste of tax payer money and resources on a life we've basically said is useless.

What's the point of life-terms without the possibility of parole anyway?  We're basically saying their too dangerous to put back into society so they can just rot away in prison.  That's arguably worse.

My life in a supermax prison
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-17, 17:21

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yep.

I'm fine with that. It just seems like a waste of tax payer money and resources on a life we've basically said is useless.

What's the point of life-terms without the possibility of parole anyway?  We're basically saying their too dangerous to put back into society so they can just rot away in prison.  That's arguably worse.

Tell you what, let's give everyone on death row the choice: either execution, or life without parole. What percentage do you think choose execution?

Moreover, if that's worse, shouldn't you WANT THAT AS THE PENALTY FOR THE WORST CRIMES?

Your argument is falling apart.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-18, 07:13

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yep.

Congratulations.

That is the first time I've ever heard of someone referring to state-sponsored execution as an act of compassion.

I would imagine the discussion around your dinner table at Easter was nothing short of spiritual awe.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-18, 11:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I'm fine with that.  It just seems like a waste of tax payer money and resources on a life we've basically said is useless.  

Congratulations.

That is the first time I've ever heard of someone referring to state-sponsored execution as an act of compassion.

I would imagine the discussion around your dinner table at Easter was nothing short of spiritual awe.

So instead of answering my questions you insult my and my families beliefs because they differ from yours.  Man it's great to have the guy who thinks he's the smartest person on the board back to set things straight!  Rolling Eyes
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-18, 11:31

DWags wrote:

When you clean house you break a little china.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-18, 11:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you're welcome to your opinion.

Yet you support a political party that zealously supports the butchering of a million babies a year.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-18, 11:41

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Congratulations.

So instead of answering my questions you insult my and my families beliefs because they differ from yours.  Man it's great to have the guy who thinks he's the smartest person on the board back to set things straight!  Rolling Eyes
I'm sorry that my consistent pro-life stance seems to bother you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-18, 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you're welcome to your opinion.

Yet you support a political party that zealously supports the butchering of a million babies a year.

while no candidate will ever consistently line up with my moral values, I do align myself more with the political party that isn't rooted in bigotry, racism, and misogyny... and the party that believes that access to affordable healthcare is a basic human right.

what's the use of being "pro life" when, once the child is born, you tirelessly advocate that they are lesser citizens based on their race, the gender.. their sexual orientation.. while defunding education, refusing them a right to affordable healthcare and having a president who relentlessly mocks them.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-04-18, 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-18, 11:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I'm sorry that my consistent pro-life stance seems to bother you.

Except if you're a baby For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days.. 4113017228
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-18, 11:51

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sorry that my consistent pro-life stance seems to bother you.

Except if you're a baby For My Fellow Pro-Life Posters, Arkansas Plans to Murder 8 Inmates in 11 Days.. 4113017228
I'm pro life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-18, 11:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I'm pro life.

So you oppose abortion? I didn't know that.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-18, 11:54

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm pro life.

So you oppose abortion?  I didn't know that.
oh heck yeah.

and not in some weird religious kookery way. Just that all life has value.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next