Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about dog whistles.

4 posters

Go down

Let's talk about dog whistles.  Empty Let's talk about dog whistles.

Post by Rocinante 2017-04-26, 13:27

Remember Willie Horton?  Of course you do, you old fucks.

Welcome to 2017 where the right wing megaphone Fox spends significant portions of every day highlighting non-white immigrant crime.  Not comparing the statistics of immigrant crime to non-immigrant crime, mind you, just running stories about (mostly) illegal Mexicans that are criminals.  With no context.  If Fox was where you got your information, you could certainly not be blamed for thinking that illegal immigrant crime was a huge problem in the U.S. when all the data says that immigrant criminality is lower than native criminality.  Why would they do this?  Well, Fox has been sucking on the President's cock since he got elected so as to benefit from the ratings it brings.  This, I would have to think, is indisputable, even in this forum.  As such, they are trumpeting his agenda, which is to build that fucking wall, and to create "others" to stand up as enemies, as extremists like our president are wont to do.  What better way to do that than to manufacture a crisis that only a big beautiful wall and strongman policies can fix?

I eagerly await your responses.  

DATA

IS

HERE
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about dog whistles.  Empty Re: Let's talk about dog whistles.

Post by DWags 2017-04-26, 14:38

Facts on a political message board? Now you'll tell me science is real and stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-26, 14:50

Republicans..? race baiting?? Playing into the fear, hatred and paranoia of their base?

I never noticed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-26, 17:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Republicans..? race baiting?? Playing into the fear, hatred and paranoia of their base?

I never noticed.

Yeah the left would never do that.

A Chilling Threat of Political Violence in Portland

Activists threatened to drag local Republicans off a parade route if they weren’t excluded from a local celebration. Organizers cancelled the entire event in response.

If you missed that, one reason the protesters cite as justification for dragging Republicans off a parade route is that they will otherwise “normalize support” for a sitting president.

Organizers caved. “Following threats of violence during the Parade by multiple groups planning to demonstrate at the event, we can no longer guarantee the safety of our community and have made the difficult decision to cancel the Parade,” they stated.

So long as threats of violence succeed in causing events to get shut down by their risk-averse organizers, more threats will be made. One wonders who this faction on the left will next label a Nazi or a fascist in order to justify their own use of fascistic tactics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-26, 19:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Republicans..? race baiting?? Playing into the fear, hatred and paranoia of their base?

I never noticed.

Yeah the left would never do that.

A Chilling Threat of Political Violence in Portland

Activists threatened to drag local Republicans off a parade route if they weren’t excluded from a local celebration. Organizers cancelled the entire event in response.

If you missed that, one reason the protesters cite as justification for dragging Republicans off a parade route is that they will otherwise “normalize support” for a sitting president.

Organizers caved. “Following threats of violence during the Parade by multiple groups planning to demonstrate at the event, we can no longer guarantee the safety of our community and have made the difficult decision to cancel the Parade,” they stated.

So long as threats of violence succeed in causing events to get shut down by their risk-averse organizers, more threats will be made. One wonders who this faction on the left will next label a Nazi or a fascist in order to justify their own use of fascistic tactics.

So we can confirm Goose has opened the thread, but has no response to the OP. We can confirm the same for me after this post. I haven't read the links. I'm guessing Goose hasn't either.

#scorekeeping
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down