Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is transgender a disease?

+6
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
xsanguine
DWags
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Is transgender a disease?

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 17:31

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Your reason for it was that you thought the numbers were flipped and you misread the statistics. You argued the point as if the numbers said the opposite.

The point in bringing it up is that you've demonstrated that no amount of evidence, facts, and data will change your opinion because it's rooted in what you feel is right, not what actually is.

Similar to Dwags and Pylon with the Moldylocks hairy vag chick.

Cool, well if you've got me all figured out, I wish you would just ignore me. Clearly I'm a sociopath who accuses other people of being what he is.

I give everyone a chance to present their argument. All I've figured out about you is when you encounter any skepticism you are quick to say "fine, I'm done with you".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 17:34

The mental gymnastics it takes to admit your bias in one sentence and then accuse me of bias for pointing yours out in the next is... truly... something Cam.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 17:37

Rocinante wrote:
I don't know what to make of gender fluidity. I'm not willing to accept on virtually no information that someone feeling alternately like a man or a woman or both or neither depending on their mood is normal and there is nothing clinically wrong with such a person. I think that sort of behavior is indicative of mental illness, and I think indulging mental illness is generally agreed to be harmful.

Here's your actual quote. As if not fitting in to the binary gender categorization is a choice. Yeah, people really WANT to be different and get harassed. It's their MOOD.

Come on dude. Both of you be intellectually honest, have some guts and say what's true: You have preconceived notions and you just want to solidify them by finding someone whose arguments you can break down as uninformed. Unfortunately you picked the wrong person, because I know what I'm talking about. I would have more respect for you if you'd just said from the beginning "transgendered people are sick fucks" and then we could argue from an honest place instead of you asking questions like you're legitimately interested in the answers and then coming up with bullshit arguments like a "third chromosome" or "trans-species".

Get over yourselves.

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 502811600

Geez, Roc. You claim we're not intellectually honest and then go to...."Just admit that you think trans people are sick fucks".

You won't even portray the argument presented to you in an honest way. You have to create a strawman to argue against. It's quite revealing how you see the opinions of others when they don't agree with you.

Why can't anyone on here just have a conversation anymore?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 17:43

Rocinante wrote:The mental gymnastics it takes to admit your bias in one sentence and then accuse me of bias for pointing yours out in the next is... truly... something Cam.

I admitted no bias. I conceded that I had a preconceived notion before this thread was started, and that is true. This is not the first time I have encountered the concept of "transgender," I have developed some notions over time. So have you. That is not the same as bias.

I do think that you have some beliefs about what's in my head and in my heart that are wildly inaccurate. That is the point I was trying to get across with the preconceived notion inception part of my post. You asked me to admit that I think trans people are sick fucks. I don't think that, but it seems clear that YOU think that I think that.

Would it surprise you to learn that I don't give a fuck who uses which bathroom?

Maybe we need a soft reset on this conversation. You clearly have some past issues with x, and me being at all in agreement with him seems to have transferred some of that animosity to me. Or maybe this is how you always talk about this issue. At this point, I don't have enough information to say...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-05, 18:44

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The mental gymnastics it takes to admit your bias in one sentence and then accuse me of bias for pointing yours out in the next is... truly... something Cam.

I admitted no bias. I conceded that I had a preconceived notion before this thread was started, and that is true. This is not the first time I have encountered the concept of "transgender," I have developed some notions over time. So have you. That is not the same as bias.

The word ‘bias’ as a noun is derived from the French word, biais meaning oblique as opposed to straight. The English term ‘bias’ has reference to the game of bowls wherein it means the weight on one side of a bowl, which gives it a tendency to diverge from straight line when running [6] . Hence the word has come to mean prejudice, show of favor or disfavor; antagonism, spite, hostility, prepossession that sways the mind. In the widest term, any interest, motive or influence which, in the opinion of the court....

Anyway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 19:21

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The word ‘bias’ as a noun is derived from the French word, biais meaning oblique as opposed to straight. The English term ‘bias’ has reference to the game of bowls wherein it means the weight on one side of a bowl, which gives it a tendency to diverge from straight line when running [6] . Hence the word has come to mean prejudice, show of favor or disfavor; antagonism, spite, hostility, prepossession that sways the mind. In the widest term, any interest, motive or influence which, in the opinion of the court....

Anyway.

So... kinda like...

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 Ghhhkzhqg9sy
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 19:25

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Anyway.

Thanks for that, dwags. So you're saying that I AM biased? That preconceived notions = bias?

Maybe I am biased on this issue. But if I am, so is literally everyone else who has posted in this thread.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 19:30

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Anyway.

Thanks for that, dwags. So you're saying that I AM biased? That preconceived notions = bias?

Maybe I am biased on this issue. But if I am, so is literally everyone else who has posted in this thread.

Or any thread/topic, for that matter.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-05, 19:58

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Anyway.

I was just pointing out that you don't have to admit bias if you say you have a preconceived notion. By nature that is exactly it. In my life I have met three people who I hang around that are about as close to nonjudgmental or bias free as you can get. It is hard. Those that are addicted to right or left wing pod casts or publications don't understand just how biased and boorish they actually are. I guess we all are to a certain extent.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 20:14

Like CNN...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 20:17

I'm not. I was then I got fucking educated. Wish you bitches would do the same.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 20:31

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 502811600

Gotdayum right!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 20:33

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I was just pointing out that you don't have to admit bias if you say you have a preconceived notion. By nature that is exactly it. In my life I have met three people who I hang around that are about as close to nonjudgmental or bias free as you can get.  It is hard. Those that are addicted to right or left wing pod casts or publications don't understand just how biased and boorish they actually are. I guess we all are to a certain extent.

I can see this leading down the path of a semantic argument about preconceived notions vs. bias and I don't see us coming to an agreement there, so I won't bother. You want to consider me biased, fine. But I am just as capable of discussing this topic fairly as is Roc or anyone else in the thread (and that is false modesty, because I'm MORE capable of that), bias or no, so I don't see what there is to gain by pointing it out.

I'll also take this opportunity to point out that the post Roc was referring to when he said I admitted bias contained several other points, and he has responded to precisely zero of them. And since I know that everyone is desperately seeking my approval in all matters at all hours of the day, I'd like to say for the record that Roc's work in this thread has not impressed me in the least.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 20:35

Rocinante wrote:I'm not. I was then I got fucking educated. Wish you bitches would do the same.

You're not what? Biased? Use the quote function.

Also, go fuck yourself. You have presented no factual information and made no argument beyond "I say it's this way so it is." You can't even be bothered to share links or mention resources for us to educate ourselves as you claim to have done. Nor have you given anyone even the slightest indication that you have any fucking clue what you're talking about.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 20:39

Oh shit... shit just got real.

I thought we gave up on discussing anything and everyone just started tossing out some Natty lights to change the subject with.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 21:00

Whiskey here bruh. And Cam, lick my asshole bro. Really taking the time to engage and understand and grow to love people who are memebers of marginalized communities is how I got educated. Sit in your little closed world and cast your judgement out, you cock goblin.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 21:19

Rocinante wrote:Whiskey here bruh. And Cam, lick my asshole bro. Really taking the time to engage and understand and grow to love people who are memebers of marginalized communities is how I got educated. Sit in your little closed world and cast your judgement out, you cock goblin.

Go fuck yourself some more. You don't know what I think or how I feel, you're just projecting views onto me based on your preconceived notions about people who aren't in lockstep with you on this issue. You are a shithead and I have lost a great deal of respect for you in this thread. I'm sure you don't care at all, and that's fine. I'd say I'm not terribly bothered by the low opinion I'm sure you have of me, but that would be a lie and this post would be the proof. I care if people think I'm a hateful bigot.

I don't think transgender people are sexual predators or deviants, I'm not afraid of them being creepy in bathrooms, and I don't wish to deny them any rights of any kind. But I am unconvinced that they are not suffering from a mental illness. Talking to a bunch of transgender people would not give me a satisfactory answer to that question. It is extremely telling that your "education" made no mention of facts or reading or scientific literature.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 21:39

What's up bros? I'm kinda drunk. Seems kinda heated in this thread. Let's take a step back, keep an open mind, and try not yelling at each other. Or not, whatever. This is a complicated issue with a lot of ins and outs and whathaveyous. It's ok to not agree on everything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 21:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What's up bros? I'm kinda drunk. Seems kinda heated in this thread. Let's take a step back, keep an open mind, and try not yelling at each other. Or not, whatever. This is a complicated issue with a lot of ins and outs and whathaveyous. It's ok to not agree on everything.

I believe the word used was 'oppression'. So yeah, I'd say it's not okay to disagree here.

I miss Turtleneck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 22:05

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What's up bros? I'm kinda drunk. Seems kinda heated in this thread. Let's take a step back, keep an open mind, and try not yelling at each other. Or not, whatever. This is a complicated issue with a lot of ins and outs and whathaveyous. It's ok to not agree on everything.

I believe the word used was 'oppression'. So yeah, I'd say it's not okay to disagree here.

I miss Turtleneck.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This whole board is about disagreements, so try to keep that in mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 22:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I miss Turtleneck.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This whole board is about disagreements, so try to keep that in mind.

It's in this thread Mr. "Too cool for you".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 22:20

Don't ban me bro!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 22:38

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You seem angry. Wanna talk?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 22:40

Rocinante wrote:Don't ban me bro!

You're on the coveted side of the ideological line here, so it's virtually impossible for you to be banned.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 22:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I've tried that before.

What do you want to talk about?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 22:49

I'll talk to you X. Just not about LGBTQ issues or race. Other than that I think we're okay.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 22:57

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Don't ban me bro!

You're on the coveted side of the ideological line here, so it's virtually impossible for you to be banned.

Spoiler alert: I've never banned anyone.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 22:59

Rocinante wrote:I'll talk to you X. Just not about LGBTQ issues or race. Other than that I think we're okay.

We don't have to talk about any of that. I love you, Roc. Like more than a friend. I love everyone else, too.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 22:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I know, I know. You just wear the same uniform.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 23:00

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I've tried that before.

Whatever you want. Seems like you're upset about bannings. Want to discuss that? The only one who posted on this board who is currently banned is Blanch. And if you think he added anything constructive, i don't know what to tell you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 23:01

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

And what uniform is that? Let's not be a pussy and speak what's really on your mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 23:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I've tried that before.

Whatever you want. Seems like you're upset about bannings. Want to discuss that? The only one who posted on this board who is currently banned is Blanch. And if you think he added anything constructive, i don't know what to tell you.

Jesus Christ, Pylon. I'm trying to be all jokey jokey, flicking your balls with rubberbands and snapping you with a wet towel in the locker room showers and all you wanna do is stay in "serious mode".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 23:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

And what uniform is that? Let's not be a pussy and speak what's really on your mind.

The moderator uniform. Shocked
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-05, 23:14

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Jesus Christ, Pylon. I'm trying to be all jokey jokey, flicking your balls with rubberbands and snapping you with a wet towel in the locker room showers and all you wanna do is stay in "serious mode".

Oh dude. I'm full on drunk now. And you know hard it is to read emotions on a message board. My bad. Going back to Defcon 5.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 23:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Oh dude. I'm full on drunk now. And you know hard it is to read emotions on a message board. My bad. Going back to Defcon 5.

You can't read my emotions, Pylon. You can only experience them.

Want a cream pie?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 23:21

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 Sunny-pie-21
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-05, 23:22

Cam just FYI I love you too even though we don't agree
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 23:23

Is transgender a disease?   - Page 3 Web-Article-Ziploc-Whipped-Cream-Pie.gif?auto=format%2Ccompress&ixjsv=2.2
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 23:24

Rocinante wrote:Cam just FYI I love you too even though we don't agree

I'm still a little salty, but I'll get over it. I'm about to go smoke a bowl, that should help.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-05, 23:31

cheers
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next