Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

+22
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Cameron
steveschneider
AnomanderRake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
GRR Spartan
26 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 Empty Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 am

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 Empty Re: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news?

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:42 am

CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated the last time a House member was on a presidential ticket. No Democratic ticket has included one since 1984.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 am

Turtleneck wrote:
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated the last time a House member was on a presidential ticket. No Democratic ticket has included one since 1984.

That can't be right. They're trying to eliminate the GOP ticket from '12 and now they own up to a mistake? What kind of liberal propaganda machine are they?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:22 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That can't be right. They're trying to eliminate the GOP ticket from '12 and now they own up to a mistake? What kind of liberal propaganda machine are they?

I hate when people apologize for mistakes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:44 am

I will not be rest until the author is fired and jailed for a minimum of 5 years. Look, should he be jailed? No. It's not illegal. But you're obviously not thinking about the prisons profit margins and we need bodies. Can you think of a better type of person to lock up than a journalist? I can't. #crossthreadreference
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:03 pm

#triggered.

My point was that many of the people writing those articles don't have much historical knowledge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:#triggered.

My point was that many of the people writing those articles don't have much historical knowledge.

Or make typos and fix them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Dan McLaughlin‏Verified account @baseballcrank 47m47 minutes ago
More
Dan McLaughlin Retweeted Bloomberg Politics
No matter how many legitimate bases there are to criticize Trump, people keep making up totally false ones.

Bloomberg Politics‏Verified account @bpolitics
More
“Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling apologizes for saying Trump refused to shake a disabled boy's hand https://bloom.bg/2tWCdos

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DGKedKwUwAAbFm5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:10 pm

what's the latest on the Seth Rich guy that mainstream media tells us that DNC had murdered?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Dan McLaughlin‏Verified account @baseballcrank 47m47 minutes ago
More
Dan McLaughlin Retweeted Bloomberg Politics
No matter how many legitimate bases there are to criticize Trump, people keep making up totally false ones.

Bloomberg Politics‏Verified account @bpolitics
More
“Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling apologizes for saying Trump refused to shake a disabled boy's hand https://bloom.bg/2tWCdos

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DGKedKwUwAAbFm5
can you imagine having to shake the hand of a sexual predator/pedophile?

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what's the latest on the Seth Rich guy that mainstream media tells us that DNC had murdered?

I believe Fox retracted that story. Did our resident media watchdog happen to mention that in this thread, or did that retraction magically get overlooked?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what's the latest on the Seth Rich guy that mainstream media tells us that DNC had murdered?

I believe Fox retracted that story. Did our resident media watchdog happen to mention that in this thread, or did that retraction magically get overlooked?

Technically I think I'm the Fox News watchdog. I believe I brought up that story once, perhaps twice but I'm not sure. In any event it got as much or less coverage as the bombshell about the Harry Potter lady so we're good
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I don't know.

but it's back in the "news".. if you believe the mainstream media.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Even after Fox retracted the story, it remained on their website. I haven't checked lately to see if it's still up, nor should I have to; that's the responsibility of our in-house Fox "News" beat reporter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Even after Fox retracted the story, it remained on their website. I haven't checked lately to see if it's still up, nor should I have to; that's the responsibility of our in-house Fox "News" beat reporter.

I paid him a lot of money to publish the Travis Report. Thus far I am underwhelmed.

I think Hannity stated publically that while FN was retracting the story, he was not obligated to do so on his show and would continue to pursue the story.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Regardless of what you paid, you are not getting your money's worth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I paid him a lot of money to publish the Travis Report. Thus far I am underwhelmed.

I think Hannity stated publically that while FN was retracting the story, he was not obligated to do so on his show and would continue to pursue the story.

I thought the Travis report was going pretty okay :( it's not like I'm gonna start actually reading Fox News or something you have to understand that. I don't want to go completely bonkers batshit. It's a tough job.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:52 pm

The Travis Report is officially for sale. Bad investment on my part. Live and learn.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:The Travis Report is officially for sale. Bad investment on my part. Live and learn.

You're mean
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Hopefully launching a social media presence turns it around. But right now, tTR is hemorrhaging money.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:28 am

Time completely distorts this quote.....generating fake news.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DGjP9xrUIAAK42k
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 am

Always love the irony of this thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:27 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Time completely distorts this quote.....generating fake news.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DGjP9xrUIAAK42k

Click-bait headline. Wow. Never seen a click-bait headline before. Brand new stuff!

If you do not like click-bait headlines, then maybe you should argue we somehow scale back for-profit media, because it is not going away in our hyper-competitive media market.

Beginning of the article reads:

Conservative billionaire Charles Koch is predicting average American incomes of $100,000 annually in roughly a decade if government is scaled back and regulations are scrapped.

One way to get there? Building and using more bombs, he jokingly told about 450 donors to the political network he backs.

“I think we can have growth rates in excess of 4%. When I’m talking about growth rates, I’m not talking about that GDP, which counts poison gas the same as it counts penicillin,” the 79-year-old industrialist said, veering off his prepared remarks. “What a monstrous measure this is. If we make more bombs, the GDP goes up — particularly if we explode them.”

His audience laughed, clearly getting the joke.

“Maybe we make more bombs,” he said, trailing off. “I’m just kidding. I won’t go there.”

Koch was making the broader point that economic growth compounds from year to year. A modest gain early pays greater dividends later. To that end, Koch is trying to make 4% a target for growth.

#tookme30secondstofind
#tryharder

http://time.com/3981574/charles-koch-bomb-economy/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:47 pm

GQ will

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DNpn2BoUQAAldEJ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 pm

LooseGoose wrote:My guess? Zero, they'll just keep feeding the lemmings.

Comey Wasn’t Investigating Trump — But Look Who Said He Was

There are a number of important takeaways from today’s Comey hearings, but one of the big ones elaborated on a point I hit yesterday in discussing Comey’s prepared statement: Trump was never under FBI investigation during the time that Comey headed the FBI, Comey personally told Trump that three times, and Trump grew increasingly frustrated that Comey wouldn’t clear the “cloud” over his head by publicly saying so. Indeed, Trump’s explanation to Lester Holt of why he fired Comey is entirely consistent with this.

But with Comey’s repeated and emphatic testimony that Trump was not under investigation, we have some new revisionist history: wildly backtracking liberals and Democrats claiming that nobody ever said Trump was under FBI investigation. And this is simply untrue. Here’s a sampling of what Democrats, liberals, and the media were saying back when Comey was privately reassuring Trump that he wasn’t under investigation:

Lol nice bump goose pappodop’s first interview with the fbi was in January 2017 solid dig at, um, GQ though. Points!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Has the gospel tribune issued their apology to Bernie sanders yet or no? Probably not. They're super comfortable lying through their teeth then acting holier than thou under the cover of religion but really they're just frauds.

Also still looking for the gospel tribunes apology for their blatant lie. I guess they’ll just settle their debts with Jesus
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Another day, another fake story.

T. Becket Adams‏Verified account @BecketAdams 2h2 hours ago
More
Original tweet critical of President Trump has 1.3k+ retweets. Eventual correction has only 14 retweets. Every single time. Please fact-check before publishing, fellas.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DOM0RtrW4AA1kjT

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DOM0S5KW0AEAjbP
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:00 pm

How many loose sheep will go back and apologize for their posting of fake news?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Another day, another fake story.

More
Original tweet critical of President Trump has 1.3k+ retweets. Eventual correction has only 14 retweets. Every single time. Please fact-check before publishing, fellas.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DOM0RtrW4AA1kjT

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 DOM0S5KW0AEAjbP
bump as Goose uses the mainstream media and social media to tell us that the mainstream media and social media are "fake".

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Lol at grown men being concerned with retweets. Shit. Is. Rich. This country is so dumb.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm

For the record that reporter did delete the original tweet, sent two more explaining his faux pas (that have a combined 300+ RTs, not 14.) so in answer to the question at the title of the thread- I guess that guy owns up to his mistakes huh?

On the other hand we have loose goose who refuses to apologize for posting obvious bullshit lies in the shooting thread who refuses to even acknowledge his error and hides from it instead. That’s a solid perch to be self righteous from.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Lol at grown men being concerned with retweets. Shit. Is. Rich. This country is so dumb.
hey now.. posting fake news to illustrate that fake news is nothing but fake news is anything but fake news.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 pm

More

The biggest fake news poster trying to be a fake news watchdog. How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

More

The biggest fake news poster trying to be a fake news watchdog. How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 502811600
How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 502811600

it's like when people on Fox News whine about the "mainstream media"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:36 pm

I wish Loose held his preferred sources to the same standard.

I also do not think he knows what "fake news" is, and since he does not know the difference between an op-ed and news, this is of no surprise.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I wish Loose held his preferred sources to the same standard.

I also do not think he knows what "fake news" is, and since he does not know the difference between an op-ed and news, this is of no surprise.
I'm content with just bumping this thread.

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 502811600

Or when they write stories about 'liberal' sexual assault...and Goose retweets them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: How many media outlets will go back and apologize for their fake news? - Page 5 502811600

Or when they write stories about 'liberal' sexual assault...and Goose retweets them.
did you see that the 'christian' republican senate candidate from the great state of Alabama apparently digs underage girls.. just like the sexual predator?

unless, of course, it's fake news.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:56 pm

If it’s bad news about pols who want to ban abortion it’s always Fake News
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:40 am

Discussing meals that hadn't been eaten and discussions that hadn't occurred....sounds about right for MSNBC.

MSNBC Caught Faking "Live" Thanksgiving-Morning After Show

MSNBC has been caught faking the silliest piece of news. The network attempted to trick viewers that the hosts of “Morning Joe” were hard at work on Friday, airing a “live” morning after Thanksgiving show. In reality, the show was pre-recorded.

As reported by the Washington Post, Mika Brzezinski, cohost along side Joe Scarborough, opened the show with playful banter.

“Day after Thanksgiving! Hoo! I’m stuffed. I always cook the turkey with the guts in it !” said Brzezinski.
“Joe didn’t notice. He ate the bag,” joked co-host Willie Geist
“It was good! Well, you know, the game made up for it …How was your Thanksgiving?” Scarborough asked to guest Rick Tyler.
“Very successful,” said Tyler. “Although the conversations were interesting.”
“I bet!” responded Brzezinski.
The segment appeared to be copacetic, but something was off. In addition to the absence of the “Live” graphic that is typically at the bottom of the screen, the hosts were not covering the biggest story of the day; the terrorist attack on the Egyptian mosque.

So, how did the Post determine the charade? Well, a longtime viewer tipped them off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next