Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck

+19
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
Senior Dickfist
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
Dendrobates
aualum06
Stoops21
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Rocinante
DWags
Death Roe
InTenSity
Turtleneck
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 Empty Re: More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:52

tGreenWay wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Listen, Mr. tGreenWay, I do not take kindly to your abuse!  You have become a bully and it will not be tolerated any longer.  In light of this, I challenge you to a duel.  Pistols at dawn.  Please meet me on Munn Field.  And just for the record, I'm not a millenial and have a mighty fine handshake.

Thank you and have a beautiful day.   Dickfist out!

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 502811600 I reeled one in, guys. (Sorry, Dickfist, but it seemed like the perfect time to drop in that trick.)

Come on now, I know what was going on. Besides, who the hell challenges someone to a duel these days!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 Empty Re: More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:53

Regardless, you still have neither accepted nor denied my challenge.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:08

Senior Dickfist wrote:Regardless, you still have neither accepted nor denied my challenge.

Be careful, GreenWay is easily #triggered.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:11

#duel
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:17

Senior Dickfist wrote:#duel

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:19

Turtleneck wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Regardless, you still have neither accepted nor denied my challenge.

Be careful, GreenWay is easily #triggered.

Oh, no. I'm not falling for that trick, not like that rube Dickfist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:#duel

Dickfist --> More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 1987505431 <--tGw
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:23

Dickfist --> scratch More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 1550444538 More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 2275418548 <-- tGW
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:25

OK, I call a truce...for now.  
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:27

Senior Dickfist wrote:OK, I call a truce...for now.  

Agreed. An uneasy truce.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:28

Like a truce between Spur Theorists and Downriggers?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 14:51

Senior Dickfist wrote:Like a truce between Spur Theorists and Downriggers?

BOOM! GreenWay #eviscerated.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 16:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Like a truce between Spur Theorists and Downriggers?

He's too scared to come back...and too busy talking about tattoos.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 17:01

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I see you're engaging Turtleneck to do your heavy lifting. I'm not saying you're chicken, but I did see a bunch of little old lady Asian women eyeing your feet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 17:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

I see you're engaging Turtleneck to do your heavy lifting. I'm not saying you're chicken, but I did see a bunch of little old lady Asian women eyeing your feet.

Listen, I'm not a cock, I'm a dick.  Tn is good people and I enjoy his company.  That's why I invited him over for cocktails.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 17:30

Senior Dickfist wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Listen, I'm not a cock, I'm a dick.  Tn is good people and I enjoy his company.  That's why I invited him over for cocktails.

I see you're also the talent scout for Travis and his pit.

Oh, wait. You said Turtleneck? Never mind. Take him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Fri 4 Aug 2017 - 19:22

Dunno where this thread has gone and this doesn't target Millennials directly, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 10:20

Now they cannot serve in the People's Liberation Army because they are too out of shape from video games and masturbation. 

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/want-to-be-in-the-chinese-army-then-stop-masturbating?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=%2ASituation%20Report
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 11:27

I think there's a lot of truth in this article.

The Fragile Generation - - Bad policy and paranoid parenting are making kids too safe to succeed.

One day last year, a citizen on a prairie path in the Chicago suburb of Elmhurst came upon a teen boy chopping wood. Not a body. Just some already-fallen branches. Nonetheless, the onlooker called the cops.

Officers interrogated the boy, who said he was trying to build a fort for himself and his friends. A local news site reports the police then "took the tools for safekeeping to be returned to the boy's parents."

Elsewhere in America, preschoolers at the Learning Collaborative in Charlotte, North Carolina, were thrilled to receive a set of gently used playground equipment. But the kids soon found out they would not be allowed to use it, because it was resting on grass, not wood chips. "It's a safety issue," explained a day care spokeswoman. Playing on grass is against local regulations.

And then there was the query that ran in Parents magazine a few years back: "Your child's old enough to stay home briefly, and often does. But is it okay to leave her and her playmate home while you dash to the dry cleaner?" Absolutely not, the magazine averred: "Take the kids with you, or save your errand for another time." After all, "you want to make sure that no one's feelings get too hurt if there's a squabble."

The principle here is simple: This generation of kids must be protected like none other. They can't use tools, they can't play on grass, and they certainly can't be expected to work through a spat with a friend.

And this, it could be argued, is why we have "safe spaces" on college campuses and millennials missing adult milestones today. We told a generation of kids that they can never be too safe—and they believed us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 11:42

Millennials aren't missing "adult milestones" because of safe spaces or any other excuse clickbait writers are spewing. All the safe space, awards for every kid bullshit has been for the insecure parents, not the kids.

It's very simple. Millennials are missing "adult milestones" because the economy/wages, housing markets, cost of education, and general cost of living are completely fucked thanks to the reckless and stupid actions of past generations.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:I think there's a lot of truth in this article.

The Fragile Generation - - Bad policy and paranoid parenting are making kids too safe to succeed.

One day last year, a citizen on a prairie path in the Chicago suburb of Elmhurst came upon a teen boy chopping wood. Not a body. Just some already-fallen branches. Nonetheless, the onlooker called the cops.

Officers interrogated the boy, who said he was trying to build a fort for himself and his friends. A local news site reports the police then "took the tools for safekeeping to be returned to the boy's parents."

Elsewhere in America, preschoolers at the Learning Collaborative in Charlotte, North Carolina, were thrilled to receive a set of gently used playground equipment. But the kids soon found out they would not be allowed to use it, because it was resting on grass, not wood chips. "It's a safety issue," explained a day care spokeswoman. Playing on grass is against local regulations.

And then there was the query that ran in Parents magazine a few years back: "Your child's old enough to stay home briefly, and often does. But is it okay to leave her and her playmate home while you dash to the dry cleaner?" Absolutely not, the magazine averred: "Take the kids with you, or save your errand for another time." After all, "you want to make sure that no one's feelings get too hurt if there's a squabble."

The principle here is simple: This generation of kids must be protected like none other. They can't use tools, they can't play on grass, and they certainly can't be expected to work through a spat with a friend.

And this, it could be argued, is why we have "safe spaces" on college campuses and millennials missing adult milestones today. We told a generation of kids that they can never be too safe—and they believed us.

Not every parent raises p*****s  (see what I did there OTPT).   But yeah, we've gone pretty soft.   Oh well.  

FTR, at Jefferson grade school, our monkey bars were anchored into a cement surface. Of course that was in the 60's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 12:18

Not diving too much into the clickbait, but helicopter parents are the worst. My parents were the complete opposite and look how I turned out!

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 12:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not diving too much into the clickbait, but helicopter parents are the worst. My parents were the complete opposite and look how I turned out!

OTPT? Reason magazine isn't clickbait man.....it's the voice for Libertarians.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 12:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not diving too much into the clickbait, but helicopter parents are the worst. My parents were the complete opposite and look how I turned out!

OTPT? Reason magazine isn't clickbait man.....it's the voice for Libertarians.

You’ve got to take the shit rake mentioned in. Just blaming it on how parents treat their kids and how millennials act is very short sighted and ignorant. There are deeper issues - at the same time, most boomers just don’t know how to do anything without fucking it up. So you get a lot of phone obsessed oblivious Morans living with their parents until they are 28.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 12:58

Stolen from a recent Reddit discussion on the topic.

Minimum wage reached its peak in 1968 at $10.88, and has been trending downwards since then, and now it's $7.25/hr. That doesn't sound like a huge difference, until you consider the difference in college costs as well. In 1968 the average tuition, fees, room, and board for an entire year was $1,117, assuming in-state tuition at a public college. In the 2015-2016 school year, a similar college would cost $19,548 on average.
So in 1968 you could pay for a year of college with 103 hours at minimum wage, which you didn't even need to do to do well in life. And 103 hours isn't all that much, you could easily get that in over a summer.
In 2016 to pay for college you had to work 2,697 hours at minimum wage. That's 52 hours of work each week, every single week of the year, with absolutely no weeks off. That's on top of classes, and that's just to pay for college, not anything else. You need gas money? Too bad.
So in the span of about 50 years, we went from college being cheap and unnecessary, to prohibitively expensive and almost a necessity to not live your life working two jobs and having at least 3 roommates.

Tuition data

More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 Vt2siJI
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:25

AnomanderRake wrote:Millennials aren't missing "adult milestones" because of safe spaces or any other excuse clickbait writers are spewing. All the safe space, awards for every kid bullshit has been for the insecure parents, not the kids.

It's very simple. Millennials are missing "adult milestones" because the economy/wages, housing markets, cost of education, and general cost of living are completely fucked thanks to the reckless and stupid actions of past generations.

If you're passionate about change, I'd change.  Change your world.  Nothing wrong with blaming others, but with that blame comes a responsibility that each generation has to grab a hold of and do something with.  If you say my boomer generation fucked up, I'd say probably so.  Did some good things, but as a large voting block, we did some shitty things too.  

Now, it's your turn.  Good luck and God speed.  I'm honestly hoping you guys figure it out.  

Millennials match Baby Boomers as largest generation in U.S. electorate, but will they vote?

Millennials, who already have surpassed Baby Boomers as the United States’ largest living generation, now have caught up to the Boomers when it comes to their share of the American electorate.  As of April 2016, an estimated 69.2 million Millennials (adults ages 18-35 in 2016) were voting-age U.S. citizens – a number almost equal to the 69.7 million Baby Boomers (ages 52-70) in the nation’s electorate, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. Both generations comprise roughly 31% of the voting-eligible population.

The Baby Boomer voting-eligible population peaked in size at 72.9 million around 2004.  Since the Boomer electorate is declining in size, it is only a matter of time before Millennials are the largest generation in the electorate. 
While the growth in the number of Millennials who are eligible to vote underscores the potential electoral clout of today’s young adults, Millennials remain far from the largest generational bloc of actual voters. It is one thing to be eligible to vote and another entirely to cast a ballot.
More devasting news for Millenials: their handshakes suck - Page 2 Ft_16_10

Will Millennials stop bitching and start voting?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:41

^ I vote but only to slow our regression and eventual demise. I believe that our current system of government is completely broken and that voting is not a feasible solution to the problem. A broken system must be recreated from ground up.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:44

AnomanderRake wrote:^ I vote but only to slow our regression and eventual demise. I believe that our current system of government is completely broken and that voting is not a feasible solution to the problem. A broken system must be recreated from ground up.

I look forward to the millenial-lution

will I need a gun?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:52

Dwags I understand that you’re sundowning at this point so perhaps you don’t remember but do you ever get sick of going round and round on the same topic?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:56

Am I in the wrong for not giving a fuck about generational stereotypes? There were lazy entitled fucks 50 years ago. There are lazy entitled fucks today. IDGAF.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags I understand that you’re sundowning at this point so perhaps you don’t remember but do you ever get sick of going round and round on the same topic?

Hey, I remember you saying this over and over. Does that count?

Give me a couple chapters on it you message board trend setter.

TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:19

The snark is palpable in this thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:23

DWags wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:^ I vote but only to slow our regression and eventual demise. I believe that our current system of government is completely broken and that voting is not a feasible solution to the problem. A broken system must be recreated from ground up.

will I need a gun?
you always need a gun.

and a bible.

Those two mystical entities are what allows me to sleep at night.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:28

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags I understand that you’re sundowning at this point so perhaps you don’t remember but do you ever get sick of going round and round on the same topic?

Hey, I remember you saying this over and over. Does that count?

TIA

That doesn’t make any sense dwags. I realize that struggling to find words is also an early sign of Alzheimer’s. Look, I’m not and expert on this stuff but maybe just casually mention it to your doctor or whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

will I need a gun?
you always need a gun.

and a bible.

Bob, I have many guns, but no bible. I've never been a great sleeper. Would you suggest a bible?

Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:49

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you always need a gun.

and a bible.

Bob, I have many guns, but no bible.  I've never been a great sleeper.  Would you suggest a bible?

Yes.

I suspect that the root cause of your interrupted sleep pattern is associated with anxiety. What causes the anxiety is likely multi-faceted. The peace you experience by owning guns can only be supplemented by the peace you will feel by owning a bible.

Give your life over to him and experience the warm glow of peace and contentment. While clutching feverishly to your guns... waiting.

You're welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 14:54

Thank you, Sir!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 15:01

Since I obviously can only clutch one gun while clutching my bible, can you suggest which gun I should clutch?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 15:05

Lol at wags thinking voting does shit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 15:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hey, I remember you saying this over and over.  Does that count?

TIA

That doesn’t make any sense dwags. I realize that struggling to find words is also an early sign of Alzheimer’s. Look, I’m not and expert on this stuff but maybe just casually mention it to your doctor or whatever.

I did.  She just told me to stop talking to feminine assholes on the internet, they'll never change and just get more exasperating.  I'm a stubborn type of guy as you can see.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next