Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Progressive State knows best.

+2
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
6 posters

Go down

The Progressive State knows best. Empty The Progressive State knows best.

Post by Guest 2017-07-21, 08:58

Another case of our betters knowing what's best for all.   I'm sure all of you "progressives" support this.   It's what you're putting in place every time you vote.

The Progressive State knows best. -70b466b5ad96b356

IQ costs Oregon parents their kids, but is that fair? (Column)

The nursery in Amy Fabbrini and Eric Ziegler's home is filled with unread children's books and unworn baby clothes. A Winnie the Pooh blanket lies untouched inside a crib where a child has never slept.

For nearly four years, the Redmond couple has been fighting to prove to the state of Oregon that they are intellectually capable of raising their children. The Department of Human Services has removed both of their boys, saying the parents are too mentally limited to be good parents.

Fabbrini, 31, and Ziegler, 38, lost custody of their older son, Christopher, shortly after he was born. Five months ago, the state took their second child, newborn Hunter, directly from the hospital. Both are now in foster care.

"I love kids, I was raised around kids, my mom was a preschool teacher for 20-plus years, and so I've always been around kids," Fabbrini said. "That's my passion. I love to do things with kids, and that's what I want to do in the future, something that has to do with kids."

No abuse or neglect has been found, but each parent has a degree of limited cognitive abilities. Rather than build a network of support around them, the state child welfare agency has moved to terminate the couple's parental rights and make the boys available for adoption.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Progressive State knows best. Empty Re: The Progressive State knows best.

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-21, 09:04

Looks like someone missed the no trolling idea and wants to spew without reading the link  provided.

Part of the issue is the mother's  father who appeared to have zero motivation to help with a family based support solution.  Conservatives are always telling everyone compassion starts at home.  The father's family lives out of state and looks like they can't/won't move to Oregon to be part of a solution.

Ironically this tough story is posted and we read where the couple's living on the husband's Social Security that he qualified for because of his special needs status based on his intelectual challenges.  

Now this requires second stage thought.  If any state would propose a program to assist special needs people with intelectual disabilities,  like the two people featured, is that keeping government out of people's lives?  Its a conservative principle.  Does the government monitor the home when their children, who may have intelect that exceeds their parent's, may have the ability to manipulate everything from school attendance to what food is in the home to convincing the parents to sign credit applications?

Tough situation and every solution I can think of involves more rather than less government intrusion into the family dynamic as the children get older.

Any self labeled "conservatives" have any cogent thoughts rather than wailing about the state knowing best without any solutions?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-21, 10:48

LooseGoose wrote:Another case of our betters knowing what's best for all.   I'm sure all of you "progressives" support this.   It's what you're putting in place every time you vote.

The Progressive State knows best. -70b466b5ad96b356

IQ costs Oregon parents their kids, but is that fair? (Column)

The nursery in Amy Fabbrini and Eric Ziegler's home is filled with unread children's books and unworn baby clothes. A Winnie the Pooh blanket lies untouched inside a crib where a child has never slept.

For nearly four years, the Redmond couple has been fighting to prove to the state of Oregon that they are intellectually capable of raising their children. The Department of Human Services has removed both of their boys, saying the parents are too mentally limited to be good parents.

Fabbrini, 31, and Ziegler, 38, lost custody of their older son, Christopher, shortly after he was born. Five months ago, the state took their second child, newborn Hunter, directly from the hospital. Both are now in foster care.

"I love kids, I was raised around kids, my mom was a preschool teacher for 20-plus years, and so I've always been around kids," Fabbrini said. "That's my passion. I love to do things with kids, and that's what I want to do in the future, something that has to do with kids."

No abuse or neglect has been found, but each parent has a degree of limited cognitive abilities. Rather than build a network of support around them, the state child welfare agency has moved to terminate the couple's parental rights and make the boys available for adoption.

Have a doctor friend who happens to be a lesbian. Married and in love. Great house, well educated. They weren't allowed to adopt because of marital status and being gay. Kids are left in orphanage.

The world is fucked up.

Help me out goose. Are you wanting more government help for these people or less? If the child becomes neglected or harmed without government help, who gets the blame?

Stuff like this is hard and stories like that don't have a black and white answer. I wish you weren't as phony as you are here. It's an interesting subject to talk about. But who knows where you are on this stuff.

I know you chuckle when you write 90% of your stuff. I get it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-21, 11:08

now if we could only have an IQ test to determine if people are smart enough to vote.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-21, 12:24

Looks like no conservatives including the OP has any input other than the initial name calling outrage.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-07-21, 12:37

I haven't read the article yet, maybe I'll get around to it later.

I said in another thread that it's basically a law of nature that stupid people get fucked. Not necessarily right or fair, but such is life.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-23, 21:25

Any small government decisions from any convienient conservatives yet or was this more faux outrage?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-24, 09:21

Still waiting for the OP to do more than a Hannity impression on this subject
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-25, 12:59

Bump for the OP
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-26, 10:29

The daily bump
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-07-26, 10:46

Going to book a vacation out to California soon.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-26, 10:50

steveschneider wrote:Going to book a vacation out to California soon.

Have you ever been to Kentucky?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-26, 11:45

OP still MIA

Maybe he's hoping Martians have some answers
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-27, 08:11

Maybe the OP is waiting for Kid Rock's well thought out solution.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-29, 11:23

Did looking for all those links to deflect from Trump interfere with a conservative solution for this special needs couple?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-29, 11:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Did looking for all those links to deflect from Trump interfere with a conservative solution for this special needs couple?

Here's a solution.

Leave them the fuck alone. They were doing just fine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-29, 12:24

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Did looking for all those links to deflect from Trump interfere with a conservative solution for this special needs couple?

Here's a solution.

Took a week to come with another deflection?

They weren't doing "just fine". They are already getting government assistance plus their main income as from the husband's social security disability check and his disability was qualifing due to his low intelect. They qualified for a number of government programs.

All counter to your "conservative" claims.

Keep ducking.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-29, 14:36

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Here's a solution.

They weren't doing "just fine". They are already getting government assistance plus their main income as from the husband's social security disability check and his disability was qualifing due to his low intelect. They qualified for a number of government programs.

Keep ducking.

So anyone getting a government check can have their kids taken away? that seems to be your logic here.

They were doing fine. Leave them alone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-29, 15:16

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Keep ducking.

So anyone getting a government check can have their kids taken away? that seems to be your logic here.

They were doing fine. Leave them alone.

If something bad happens to the kid, who gets the blame?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-29, 15:26

The convientient conservative keeps twisting what was in his article or he's oblivious to what Oregon Social Services duties are.

My money is on willful ignorance because he's been called out without any solution other than let them be. That and he's breaking a leg on jumping to conclusions on the government check business.

No sense arguing with a zealot. After ignoring requests for a conservative solution the convienient conservative has none.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down