Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

+12
P Rob
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
DWags
tGreenWay
Death Roe
steveschneider
aualum06
16 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-10, 13:41

I wish, I'm at work. Nice teddies behind home plate?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-10, 14:19

Why is Mikie Mahtook our best player? I like him.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-08-10, 14:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why is Mikie Mahtook our best player? I like him.

I always think of fishing for salmon when I hear/read his name scratch
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-10, 14:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You guys might want to turn the game on.

You can't undo what you already did. If I ever meet JV, imma say two things to him: WBH fucked you over on the no-no vs Pitt, and where's your fiancé?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-10, 14:33

Verhagen kind of sucks. Remind me of where this guy is in his development and in the farm system?

ugh
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-10, 14:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Verhagen kind of sucks. Remind me of where this guy is in his development and in the farm system?

ugh

Brad makes sure though instead of yanking him to try to keep the game close
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 14:34

MattyFresh wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why is Mikie Mahtook our best player? I like him.

I always think of fishing for salmon when I hear/read his name scratch

Or fishing for Mahi Mahi?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 16:13

tying run at the plate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-10, 21:21

FOX Sports Detroit‏Verified account @FOXSportsDet 9m9 minutes ago
More
Booth swap Friday night during the fourth inning. @toriihunter48 will join @mario_impemba & @RodAllen12 will join @dbremer_pxp on @fsnorth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 16:01

Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman 5m5 minutes ago
More
Hearing ian kinsler was claimed. Not sure by whom though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-11, 16:08

Per BYB fyi fwiw

This does not necessarily mean a trade is imminent, as several things stand in the way. The Tigers can pull Kinsler back, if they don’t like the trade offer, or Kinsler may have a no-trade agreement in place he would need to waive for a trade to go through, specifically with the Milwaukee Brewers who seem the most likely team to have claimed him based on previous interest.

We will update the story as more details become available.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-11, 16:09

TY WBH
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 16:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Per BYB fyi fwiw

This does not necessarily mean a trade is imminent, as several things stand in the way. The Tigers can pull Kinsler back, if they don’t like the trade offer, or Kinsler may have a no-trade agreement in place he would need to waive for a trade to go through, specifically with the Milwaukee Brewers who seem the most likely team to have claimed him based on previous interest.

We will update the story as more details become available.

Yep, they're revocable waivers. Just sucks in that the Tigers can only negotiate with that team now and I think for only 3 days if memory serves.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 16:49

Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 1m1 minute ago
More
If no problems, Fulmer would be on track to start for Tigers on Monday at Texas. Verlander would start Tuesday on extra day's rest.

Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 3m3 minutes ago
More
Rain shortened Michael Fulmer's bullpen session, but he said he still got in 20 pitches, a few short of his normal session.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-11, 17:11

Anybody else down at the stadium for MSU night? Gonna watch the kid do her thing. No hats this year. MSU buys shitty seats.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 17:34

Would love trading Kinsler
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-08-11, 17:34

DWags wrote:Anybody else down at the stadium for MSU night? Gonna watch the kid do her thing. No hats this year. MSU buys shitty seats.

I still appreciate my hat DWags.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-11, 17:39

Tim Wakefield wrote:
DWags wrote:Anybody else down at the stadium for MSU night? Gonna watch the kid do her thing. No hats this year. MSU buys shitty seats.

I still appreciate my hat DWags.

Ha. Thanks. None of my relatives did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 19:26

Mahtook bomb
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 20:16

Pretty nice catch by Buxton. Miggy robbed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 20:17

Um nice catch Buxton
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-11, 20:20

Wow
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 20:32

I think it might be time to pull the plug on Anibal
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 21:36

No swill sign when they showed the MSU section. Dwags fail.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-11, 21:44

aualum06 wrote:No swill sign when they showed the MSU section. Dwags fail.

Let's put him on double secret probation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 22:01

Please retire Victor. Love you
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 22:08

Nick what are you doing
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-11, 22:08

Nice baserunning Nick.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-11, 22:12

Nick should have been tagging as soon as hit, you score easy if it drops
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-12, 02:29

aualum06 wrote:Nick should have been tagging as soon as hit, you score easy if it drops

Nick learned his baserunning from Kinsler
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-12, 02:49

Alright, so I have been kicking around a theory in my head the past few days. I have not had the energy to post it but I do tonight because the wife and kids are back home and....well they breathe some life into me in more ways than one.

Anyway, I know some of you guys will pooh pooh it, because we all love Miggy, but I'm gonna air it.

The chemistry on this team is obviously stale. It's been stale for the past 3-4 years. We know there is talent up and down the lineup, these guys should F'ing HIT. But they don't. I know Victor is past his prime but there is simply no one a lineup with bats like Ian, Miggy, Nick, Upton, JDM, etc can not produce runs. They show up and are more likely to be 2 hit than they are to score 5 runs. It's absurd.

So my theory goes something like this. I think they all defer to Miggy. And I think Miggy, while a playful dude on the exterior, is maybe more of a 'chemistry bottleneck' internally than any of us can see. I have seen some anecdotal evidence of this over the years. There was an ESPN tMag article a few years ago that talked about Miggy's inner circle, talked about JV treading nervously around Miggy, even in the wake of his CY year. There have been spats with reporters. There have been vague references from on-air radio personalities that are in the clubhouse often about how Miggy pretends to not be able to speak Ingles just so he doesn't have to deal with reporters.

My postulation is that while Miggy may be one of the greatest RH hitters OAT, which he is, this year notwithstanding....I wonder if his presence is casting some kind of shadow over the clubhouse that is hard to overcome.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but it does to me. I think this team might benefit greatly from not having Cabrera's giant shadow in the everyday lineup.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-12, 07:32

It's 48 hours, not 72 hours.

Tigers’ Ian Kinsler claimed but likely staying

Castellanos' gaffe indefensible; Tigers lose to Twins
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-08-12, 07:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Alright, so I have been kicking around a theory in my head the past few days. I have not had the energy to post it but I do tonight because the wife and kids are back home and....well they breathe some life into me in more ways than one.

Anyway, I know some of you guys will pooh pooh it, because we all love Miggy, but I'm gonna air it.

The chemistry on this team is obviously stale. It's been stale for the past 3-4 years. We know there is talent up and down the lineup, these guys should F'ing HIT. But they don't. I know Victor is past his prime but there is simply no one a lineup with bats like Ian, Miggy, Nick, Upton, JDM, etc can not produce runs. They show up and are more likely to be 2 hit than they are to score 5 runs. It's absurd.

So my theory goes something like this. I think they all defer to Miggy. And I think Miggy, while a playful dude on the exterior, is maybe more of a 'chemistry bottleneck' internally than any of us can see. I have seen some anecdotal evidence of this over the years. There was an ESPN tMag article a few years ago that talked about Miggy's inner circle, talked about JV treading nervously around Miggy, even in the wake of his CY year. There have been spats with reporters. There have been vague references from on-air radio personalities that are in the clubhouse often about how Miggy pretends to not be able to speak Ingles just so he doesn't have to deal with reporters.

My postulation is that while Miggy may be one of the greatest RH hitters OAT, which he is, this year notwithstanding....I wonder if his presence is casting some kind of shadow over the clubhouse that is hard to overcome.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, but it does to me. I think this team might benefit greatly from not having Cabrera's giant shadow in the everyday lineup.

I agree in some respects. VMart and Miggy seem to be quiet presences rather than rah rah leaders.....I think you need someone there that's not afraid to stir things up and they would be fine with it. Just that they're not going to be that person. JUp and JD are in much the same mold. We need a shit stirrer or two in the club house - a Hunter Pence type.

VMart is basically washed up, Anibal is going, KRod is gone. So the chance is here to turn things over, I don't think Miggy will be a bad presence going forward. Give him a leader and he'll follow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-12, 08:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Alright, so I have been kicking around a theory in my head the past few days. I have not had the energy to post it but I do tonight because the wife and kids are back home and....well they breathe some life into me in more ways than one.

It's hard to say because baseball is such an individual sport to me,, however you basically live with everyone 9 months of the year so it matters. Miguel is a different beast, has a lot of different personal issues going on that are very tough. The bigger problem to me is line up depth. Right now Romine is a regular, Hicks and adduci are getting lots of play. Even with the bad offense this season looks a lot different if the bullpen shows.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 09:17

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:No swill sign when they showed the MSU section. Dwags fail.

Was not in the MSU section. Was behind first base dugout. I can't post TinyPic pictures from my phone anymore. But yeah, game sucked. Trade miggy this off season. Will that be possible with salary? Break this down. We have some young guys we can build with. WBH is right, they should hit better. Sanchez is a middle reliever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-12, 09:36

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Was not in the MSU section. Was behind first base dugout. I can't post TinyPic pictures from my phone anymore. But yeah, game sucked. Trade miggy this off season. Will that be possible with salary? Break this down. We have some young guys we can build with. WBH is right, they should hit better. Sanchez is a middle reliever.

Miggy is untradable, especially now that he looks done. Be better off having him in Lakeland all winter working out and getting healthy and deciding he's not a power hitter anymore
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-12, 11:10

LooseGoose wrote:

I agree in some respects. VMart and Miggy seem to be quiet presences rather than rah rah leaders.....I think you need someone there that's not afraid to stir things up and they would be fine with it. Just that they're not going to be that person. JUp and JD are in much the same mold. We need a shit stirrer or two in the club house - a Hunter Pence type.

VMart is basically washed up, Anibal is going, KRod is gone. So the chance is here to turn things over, I don't think Miggy will be a bad presence going forward. Give him a leader and he'll follow.

Agree with parts of this. I do think Victor is/was a more vocal leader and a guy that people looked up to. I don't think I did a very good job at stating my point. Let me try to be more succinct. I think it's going to be difficult for anyone to lead in any manner and stir up the chemistry in a positive way as long as Miggy is there. I think he's moody and surly behind closed doors and people are more or less scared of him. They're all professionals so they just do their jobs but it would help explain the absolute lack of chemistry over the past 3-5 years. I don't think Brad can lead with Miggy there (not sure if he could anyway). I don't think players can lead. I just wonder if it's a stale environment and Cabrera's presence in the clubhouse keeps that from changing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-12, 15:51

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Was not in the MSU section.  Was behind first base dugout. I can't post TinyPic pictures from my phone anymore. But yeah, game sucked. Trade miggy this off season.  Will that be possible with salary?  Break this down. We have some young guys we can build with.  WBH is right, they should hit better. Sanchez is a middle reliever.

I was completely representing all around me.  Drank like a champ too.  Some guys behind me, about my age, were all over the shit too.  Oh yeah, I was in 118 row 7, fucking "hot dog row" was 118 row 8 last night, they all got free hot dogs and on the big screen t.v.   Fuckers.  

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 4 Img_3414

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 4 Img_3415
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next