Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeBron vs. Jordan

+28
I.B. Fine
Venice
MJ
GhettoHeisman
JEK
StylesGShmooth
BtothejizA
Other Teams Pursuing That
Bizarro Fletch
duffy munn
Narwhal
Izzo Court
steveschneider
Punisher98
Stan Sitwell
Herbie Green
Spartan Punk
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Ass Dan
Rodeo Burger
TrueGreenSpartan
sprtnbrn
Giant Moose
MasonGuy
Donjuanmc
Turtleneck
NigelUno
32 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Is LeBron better than Michael Jordan?

LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_lcap12%LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 6 ]
LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_lcap18%LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 9 ]
LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_lcap70%LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 35 ]

Total Votes : 50

LeBron vs. Jordan - Page 6 Empty Re: LeBron vs. Jordan

Post by Guest 2016-06-11, 08:25

Turtleneck wrote:Bump.

Another timely poll that Nigel suffered persecution to post.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-15, 21:41

These sorts of anecdotes are why Lebron can never eclipse Jordan. He can have all of the physical gifts and advantages over MJ in the world (and he does), but the intangibles are in between the ears and what's in the ticker. And MJ was a fucking savage.

https://twitter.com/Howsito/status/874383237006499841
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-06-15, 21:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:These sorts of anecdotes are why Lebron can never eclipse Jordan. He can have all of the physical gifts and advantages over MJ in the world (and he does), but the intangibles are in between the ears and what's in the ticker. And MJ was a fucking savage.

https://twitter.com/Howsito/status/874383237006499841

Plus MJ would just laugh at Day Day not get in a war of words
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-15, 21:54

Disagree. He wouldn't laugh at him or get into a war of words with him. He would take it out on him on the court, embarrass the shit out of him, emasculate him, beat him on the scoreboard, and when the nail was in the coffin he would take a dump on the coffin and deliver a Steven Seagal-esque one liner. No one's competitive fire burned hotter. Kobe is the closest we have seen, but still not in the same stratosphere.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-15, 22:01

I've never been a huge fan of the comparison across generations game. For instance- "oh lebron is only 3-5 in the finals!" Well, I mean, if the east wasn't total dogshit what would lebrons record be then? He wouldn't have even made it to half of the finals he lost because of his supporting cast. Similar to how MJ might have lost several finals if the Pistons weren't there to stop his embarrassment. And if the west was nearly as good as they are now would MJ have won all 6? I don't know. Butbhis last one was against the Shawn Kemp led Sonics. So I have a feeling he wouldn't have won 6. That's why it's a stupid argument to even have.

Basically, I don't know who was better. They're both really fucking good though, and I think that's enough.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-06-15, 22:22

I agree those comparisons are dumb. You can't measure it like that.

The definitive answer to this question is that Lebron is the more talented, gifted player.

And Jordan had a lot of that talent and ability, but he would stick a knife in your chest and laugh as you bled to death. All the while talking shit to you and telling you never to cross him again. That's what makes him the greatest. LBJ has never had, and likely will never have that same mentality. I saw some flashes this postseason but I think he's too nice/good of a guy to be that GD cold hearted.

If you wanna be the GOAT you've gotta have that, in addition to the physical gifts.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-15, 22:45

I mean.... I guess. But again. Is sticking a knife in Shawn kemps heart really that impressive? Or is losing to the Pistons in the conference finals less detrimental than losing to the warriors in the finals?

I'd probably say that lebron is way way better but that's only because he, and the rest of the league, is on a hell of a lot more PEDs than MJ was on. But that's just science and undetectability.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-15, 22:47

(If you don't think that athletes are all over every single drug that can't be detected, outside of maaaaaybe baseball who actually enforces the rules, then you're kidding yourself. There's a reason that no other league ever really suspends people for steroids and it's not because they don't do them. This statement was too long for paranthesis.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6