Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

+20
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
Senior Dickfist
MSU addict
InTenSity
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Travis of the Cosmos
MattyFresh
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed Empty Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-07, 17:27

Maybe we should go back to stone tablets.

Equifax Says Cyberattack May Have Affected 143 Million Customers
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/business/equifax-cyberattack.html

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2017-11-21, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-07, 17:34

Three years in a row at Equifax if I'm not mistaken, though the scale of this one is much larger. They might want to check in with Yahoo for some Pro Tips.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed Empty Re: Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-07, 17:34

This means, in the past two years, my info has been accessed from MSU, my doctor's office, and now equifax. Yay!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-07, 17:35

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed DJJlP9SXUAQkX1Y
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-07, 17:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:Three years in a row at Equifax if I'm not mistaken, though the scale of this one is much larger. They might want to check in with Yahoo for some Pro Tips.

It only seems like a cheap shot because it's the truth but I love Marissa Mayer so leave her alone Floyd.

(Btw, I tried writing my response the way Travis would. I think I got the true flavor of his style.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-07, 17:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed DJJlP9SXUAQkX1Y

All the bad guys know a place like equifax is where the juicy information is, so they might get attacked more often. Reminds me of the Willie Sutton quote about robbing banks: Because that's where the money is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-07, 17:46

Yep that's a perfect quote for this situation. Still, you'd like to think bureau's would try a little harder given how many lives can get fucked up in a breach like this.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-07, 21:03

In other news, everyone who has a record with Equifax will see their credit score drop by 250 points due to the numerous credit inquiries made in their names.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-07, 21:08

At least they can't get my bitcoin!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-07, 21:12

Equifax underspending on security Shocked Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed 1550444538
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-07, 21:13

Nordic wrote:At least they can't get my bitcoin!

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed 969504605
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-07, 21:44

Greenway no one wants anything to do with your 537 credit score.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-08, 09:39

Stock down 15% so far this morning. How low will it go?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-08, 09:52

First class-action suit filed by plaintiffs in Oregon, seeking damages of $68.6 billion.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-08, 09:58

Equifax is done. The lawsuits will destroy them.

My SS# was compromised, but they are making me wait until 9/11 to sign up for the free credit monitoring. What the heck?!?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-08, 10:01

TheReal_LWS wrote:Equifax is done. The lawsuits will destroy them.

My SS# was compromised, but they are making me wait until 9/11 to sign up for the free credit monitoring. What the heck?!?
Same here, I can't sign up until next Wednesday. Bullshit.

If a class-action lawsuit pops up in Michigan, I'm definitely jumping aboard.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-08, 10:03

That had six weeks at least to set up the infrastructure to handle in the influx of traffic and failed miserably. The staggered credit monitoring enrollment was an attempt to deal with capacity and it's a failure. They needed to demonstrate remorse by building up capacity to handle in requests in real time, no matter the cost. On top that, they've registered brand new domains to facilitate all this, which does nothing but breed confusion. They should have registered and built subdomains like wefuckedupbad.equifax.com.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-08, 10:14

Death Roe wrote:

Yep me too. Though we won't have to do anything, we'll automatically be part of it unless we opt out.

The sad part is, as with all class action lawsuits, the only ones that will see significant cash is the lawyers. But at least Equifax will be punished for their lack of security.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-08, 11:05

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Yep me too. Though we won't have to do anything, we'll automatically be part of it unless we opt out.

The sad part is, as with all class action lawsuits, the only ones that will see significant cash is the lawyers. But at least Equifax will be punished for their lack of security.

Not if you sign up for their program...

Kyle‏ @kyshoc 9h9 hours ago
More
Equifax TrustedID protection (provided to victims) ToS require you to agree to private arbitration; waive ability 4 class action suit

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed DJLce3CUIAEtwYA

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-09-08, 11:28

gHost Spartan wrote:Some of the executives sold their stock after the breach but before the breach was news. Scumbags.

Yeah, they are going to jail.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-08, 18:20

TheReal_LWS wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Some of the executives sold their stock after the breach but before the breach was news. Scumbags.

Yeah, they are going to jail.

Jail is only for the little people.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-08, 18:56

LooseGoose wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

More
Equifax TrustedID protection (provided to victims) ToS require you to agree to private arbitration; waive ability 4 class action suit

There's no way they will be able to enforce that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-08, 18:58

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed DJPHYFVXYAAvHph
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-08, 19:29

Equifax Lobbied To Kill Rule Protecting Victims Of Data Breaches

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed 502811600 let's just lobby to absolve ourselves of any infosec and identity theft responsibility
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-08, 19:54

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More

There's no way they will be able to enforce that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJJAJAJAJAHAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHOGOGOGOGOGOGOGHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOJEJEJEJEJEJJEJJAAAAA
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-08, 20:53

Equifax is claiming the execs knew nothing about the breach until a couple of days ago. If anyone believes that, they deserve all the credit theft that is going to come their way.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-09-08, 21:12

So to see if I'm affected I need to give Equifax (part) of my SS#?

https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-08, 21:17

Welp, my wife said they told her today that "I'm most likely affected" but she isn't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-09-09, 15:38

As long as they don't get my swill password, I'm cool.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-09, 17:23

Fuck em. I hope this company folds.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-20, 18:00

The hits just keep on a comin'.

Equifax sends breach victims to fake support site

Security breach at Equifax means you're screwed 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 09:14

CEO stepping down.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-26, 09:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:CEO stepping down.
Wonder how much he's walking away with.

Edit - Just saw that he's going to walk away with 18 million.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-26, 18:57

InTenSity wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:CEO stepping down.
Wonder how much he's walking away with.

Edit - Just saw that he's going to walk away with 18 million.

Well now there's a surprise. Good thing their stock value has only dropped $5billion, I'd hate to think how much he'd walk away with if it went lower than that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-12, 12:24

Rebecca Jarvis‏Verified account @RebeccaJarvis 39s40 seconds ago
BREAKING: Equifax says IT and Security teams looking into another possible hack. The company has temporarily taken a webpage offline

This might never end.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-12, 12:47

Still haven't gotten the email for free identity security.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-12, 12:49

Death Roe wrote:Still haven't gotten the email for free identity security.
I'm using the one that MSU set us up with. I haven't signed up or given Equifax any of my shit yet. Maybe a Fight Club scenario will play out soon. Everyone starts over.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-12, 13:00

Like the famous comedian said, you can keep my identity, no way you can spend more money than my wife does.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-12, 13:27

DWags wrote:Like the famous comedian said, you can keep my identity, no way you can spend more money than my wife does.

Give me your info and I'll promise to spend less than Mrs. DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-26, 12:20

Equifax Was Warned

Last year, a security researcher alerted Equifax that anyone could have stolen the personal data of all Americans. The company failed to heed the warning.

I'm sure they analyzed the risk/reward of investing in more security or immediately tightening their controls and figured it was more profitable to stay the course and run the risk.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next