Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

+56
SPARTASOTAN
GRR Spartan
Green Note
tTito
Jools Holland
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Turf
Raygunz
Johnny Alpamayo
Albert_Potato
Gob Bluth
TravelinMan
WBill
LakeMilakokia
Rocinante
xsanguine
Rook
Jake from State Farm
Giant Moose
Rodeo Burger
Bill Cain
MSULordyoda
TrueGreenSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanStu
CrazySparty
AvgMSUJoe
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dolph Ziggler
LoneWolfSparty
SeeRockCity
maizegoblue
The Lonely Stoner
MSU Mathguy
Nordic
SawGreen
Punisher98
Blanch32
DWags
WCS
Big Ten Referee
tTy
The Pantry
Mentalstate
tanfan!
Cym Jim
Stoops21
WhiteBoyHatcher
StylesGShmooth
InTenSity
steveschneider
60 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 Empty Re: There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:18

Rocinante wrote:

The way to address the mental health problem is to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally deficient. Does that address your problem? I'm all for requiring mental health professionals to check a box when they see a patient that says this person may or should not own a firearm at this time.

Yeah, that will never be abused. Just like the IRS would never target conservative groups......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 Empty Re: There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:20

LooseGoose wrote:

You've certainly fell in love with that strawman.   Keep knocking it down, you're really impressing people with your insight and intellect compared to the knuckle draggers.
again.. thanks for proving my point.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:21

I'd like everyone to know that I went to lunch and made it back without needing to shoot anyone..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:28

tTito wrote:

I disagree with this speculation. The poorest inner-city schools are the ones that do have metal detectors and security already. It's the schools like my kids', Sandy Hook, Columbine - the wealthier ones - that don't have any type of security in place. It's because no believes it will happen here. And, in reallity it very rarely does.

It would be very easy to search every kid's back pack and run the wand over them when they come into the building. All it would take is two or three $12.00 per hour type security guards.

12.00*3*8*(lets say 10 schools in a district)*180school days = $518,400 that doesn't even figure in ancillary costs or benefits. Ask your school district to pony up 518,400 bucks. Or you could raise millage? BUT OH GOD I'M TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:29

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Yeah, that will never be abused. Just like the IRS would never target conservative groups......

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you. Better keep your AR close...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:31

Rocinante wrote:

12.00*3*8*(lets say 10 schools in a district)*180school days = $518,400 that doesn't even figure in ancillary costs or benefits.  Ask your school district to pony up 518,400 bucks.  Or you could raise millage? BUT OH GOD I'M TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!
imagine the knuckle-draggin', freedom-lovin' right when someone proposed a tax increase directed at keeping children from being murdered..

"first you tried to take away my gun.. and now you're gonna raise taxes to make sure I don't shoot someone with the gun you tried to take away"??  There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 502811600 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:33

Rocinante wrote:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.  Better keep your AR close...
one thing is for sure, the NRA certainly knew the group to target with their fear mongering.. it's unfathomable to me that they have people afraid to leave their home without a gun -  There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 502811600  - but, as I always say, it's America and intellectually vulnerable people are allowed to be manipulated if they so choose..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:42

WCS wrote:

The only extremists in this thread are the leftists. I invite all of them to join me in the middle of the issue and focus on the issue at hand.

They are the ones heaving shit. Us realists are responding with logic and objectivity.
Without knowing your position, but knowing your posting style, I doubt you are 'realist'. I'm probably left leaning, but more in the center. I think there should be a serious talk about guns, and I don't see why every gun is made available. I also don't think all guns should be outlawed. I also get confused at how outraged people are over their guns, but don't give a shit about protecting themselves from illegal search and seizure. Other amendments are being eroded away, yet all the focus is on #2. By the time they 'come for your guns', there aren't going to be any other amendments available to protect you and they'll get the guns anyway. No one is going to be allowed to create a militia that is going to get large enough to challenge the government, and the NRA is never going to ask people to go and actually 'fight' for their rights.

I also keep hoping to see a mod move this thread over to the Swill bin.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 12:59

InTenSity wrote:
Without knowing your position, but knowing your posting style, I doubt you are 'realist'. I'm probably left leaning, but more in the center. I think there should be a serious talk about guns, and I don't see why every gun is made available. I also don't think all guns should be outlawed. I also get confused at how outraged people are over their guns, but don't give a shit about protecting themselves from illegal search and seizure. Other amendments are being eroded away, yet all the focus is on #2. By the time they 'come for your guns', there aren't going to be any other amendments available to protect you and they'll get the guns anyway. No one is going to be allowed to create a militia that is going to get large enough to challenge the government, and the NRA is never going to ask people to go and actually 'fight' for their rights.

I also keep hoping to see a mod move this thread over to the Swill bin.

The 4th and 5th are pretty much gone, the 2nd is being worked on and it wouldn't surprise me to see the 1st altered before too long.

Move it over to tBob. Maybe then someday he will get his wish.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:00

Rocinante wrote:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you. Better keep your AR close...

Always! There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 55953254
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:02

Rocinante wrote:

12.00*3*8*(lets say 10 schools in a district)*180school days = $518,400 that doesn't even figure in ancillary costs or benefits.  Ask your school district to pony up 518,400 bucks.  Or you could raise millage? BUT OH GOD I'M TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

So $500,000 is too much to spend to save the lives of 30 kindergartners? Gotcha. I guess you liberals believe that murdering children is acceptable.

Also, I would hate to think that those tax-funded, over-fed, union-backed teachers would have to make any sacrifices.

Last edited by tTito on Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:06; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:04

tTito wrote:

So $500,000 is too much to spend to save the lives of 30 kindergartners? Gotcha.
go to the processed meat eatin', knuckle-draggin', Town Hall screechin' republicans and tell them you want to raise taxes and see what happens..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
go to the processed meat eatin', knuckle-draggin', Town Hall screechin' republicans and tell them you want to raise taxes and see what happens..

How about we put a millage increase on the ballot and let the voters decide? The reason it won't happen is because the odds of an school shooting incident in any given district is extremely remote.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:11

tTito wrote:Also, I would hate to think that those tax-funded, over-fed, union-backed teachers would have to make any sacrifices.

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 17 502811600 

Well those patriotic texas teachers did! Those great Americans are not only educators, but also badass muthafuckin gun totin defenders of the children!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:12

tTito wrote:

How about we put a millage increase on the ballot and let the voters decide?
by school district?

I'd be down with that.. I'm sure the educated residents of East Lansing would consider their children's safety the highest priority..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So more deflection from guns. Still not admitting school shootings are a tragedy. Got it.

I offered up my rifle, how is that deflecting the discussion from guns? You simply ignored my offer because you're not willing to do your part to prevent murders. And even after that you join BobS in his ignorant ass strawman argument. Obviously you want everyone else to disarm themselves before you even consider doing so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:28

LooseGoose wrote:

I offered up my rifle, how is that deflecting the discussion from guns?   You simply ignored my offer because you're not willing to do your part to prevent murders.   And even after that you join BobS in his ignorant ass strawman argument.  Obviously you want everyone else to disarm themselves before you even consider doing so.
bump..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
by school district?

I'd be down with that.. I'm sure the educated residents of East Lansing would consider their children's safety the highest priority..  

So they already have armed guards in place?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:31

LooseGoose wrote:

So they already have armed guards in place?
they have security (though I don't believe they're armed) and I do know that the ELPD does intermittently staff schools in light of people who don't think that school shootings are that big of a deal..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 13:33

How about we disarm everyone and then we can also put up an impassable fence all the way across the Mexican boarder? Deal?
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17