Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday 2017

+17
Nordic
Dendrobates
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
DWags
MSU addict
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Death Roe
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Black Friday 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Friday 2017

Post by Guest 2017-11-07, 11:42

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

What about if it's Maxwell House?
That depends - cream or sugar?

You probably get a pass if you just put some grounds in the bottom of a pot and pour off the top.

Occasional cream, never sugar.

Black Friday 2017 - Page 2 6002082839_eaab4fb4c3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-07, 13:58

LooseGoose wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
That depends - cream or sugar?

You probably get a pass if you just put some grounds in the bottom of a pot and pour off the top.

Mmmmm, camp fire coffee, the best.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-07, 13:58

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No Bait.
No Gun.
No Bow.
No Tree.
A knife. Ready to join me?

The deer in my back yard are so tame you could probably kill them with a knife. If you put an apple in your hands they'll walk right up to you.

But not an Android?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-07, 13:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Agreed. But it is what I am used to hearing.

From who?

Anti-hunters.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-07, 15:30

I'm not anti hunting, but I somewhat agree with ghost. I went out hunting with a friend once just to observe. I thought we were going to walk really quietly through the woods like Elmer Fudd did on the bugs bunny cartoons only to sneak up on an animal and shoot it. Nope. We got to a heated blind full of snacks, playboys and a clear lane to a sugar beat pile that had about 10 deer eating from it. Also, ghost isn't mentioning the high powered rifle scopes that allow you to put the cross hairs right on the heart for a clean shot. Personally I think this is better though because it makes the kill clean and quick. I've heard from people in my town that have deer show up missing legs or jaws from bad shots, and they have to call the sherrif to put them down. At any rate thank you hunters for thinning the herd and my .02 aim well and make those shots clean.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-07, 15:37

TheReal_LWS wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Mmmmm, campfire coffee, the best.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-07, 15:37

steveschneider wrote:I'm not anti hunting, but I somewhat agree with ghost. I went out hunting with a friend once just to observe. I thought we were going to walk really quietly through the woods like Elmer Fudd did on the bugs bunny cartoons only to sneak up on an animal and shoot it. Nope. We got to a heated blind full of snacks, playboys and a clear lane to a sugar beat pile that had about 10 deer eating from it. Also, ghost isn't mentioning the high powered rifle scopes that allow you to put the cross hairs right on the heart for a clean shot. Personally I think this is better though because it makes the kill clean and quick. I've heard from people in my town that have deer show up missing legs or jaws from bad shots, and they have to call the sherrif to put them down. At any rate thank you hunters for thinning the herd and my .02 aim well and make those shots clean.

Admittedly, gun hunting is a little less sporting. However, I bow hunt Oct 1st-Nov 14, and Dec 1-Jan 1. Much more challenging. Even being in a tree, if you aren't on top of your game, you won't get a shot. Move too fast, make noise, not take scent control seriously, and you will never get a deer in range to shoot, I don't care how much bait you have out.

However, gun hunting is important to the thinning and health of the herd. And leaves less deer to run out in front of you on the highway.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-07, 15:43

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I'm not anti hunting, but I somewhat agree with ghost. I went out hunting with a friend once just to observe. I thought we were going to walk really quietly through the woods like Elmer Fudd did on the bugs bunny cartoons only to sneak up on an animal and shoot it. Nope. We got to a heated blind full of snacks, playboys and a clear lane to a sugar beat pile that had about 10 deer eating from it. Also, ghost isn't mentioning the high powered rifle scopes that allow you to put the cross hairs right on the heart for a clean shot. Personally I think this is better though because it makes the kill clean and quick. I've heard from people in my town that have deer show up missing legs or jaws from bad shots, and they have to call the sherrif to put them down. At any rate thank you hunters for thinning the herd and my .02 aim well and make those shots clean.

Admittedly, gun hunting is a little less sporting. However, I bow hunt Oct 1st-Nov 14, and Dec 1-Jan 1. Much more challenging. Even being in a tree, if you aren't on top of your game, you won't get a shot. Move too fast, make noise, not take scent control seriously, and you will never get a deer in range to shoot, I don't care how much bait you have out.

However, gun hunting is important to the thinning and health of the herd. And leaves less deer to run out in front of you on the highway.

Plus the 1000s of pounds of meat donated to feed the poor. And all of the excise taxes that make our outdoors what they are for the hikers, bikers and others. Most people don't realize the impact that Pittman-Robertson have had on our outdoors.

Over $14 Billion raised in 80 years, most of it from hunters but benefiting all.

Celebrating 80 Years of the Pittman-Robertson Act This landmark legislation provides crucial funding for wildlife conservation across the United States
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-07, 16:33

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Bow hunting definitely seems like it has the degree of challenge that Ghost is after. I don't have the interest to hunt, but if I did I'd probably just do rifle. If I'm going to kill an animal I would want the shot to be clean and quick out of respect to the deer. If we are all looking for a sport lets go to the bowling alley, golf course or join the company softball team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-07, 16:35

Does the hunter with the smallest penis win a gift card of some sort?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-07, 16:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Does the hunter with the smallest penis win a gift card of some sort?

Too predictable. The liberal penis size fixation.

Are you judging by his gun or truck?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-07, 18:33

This talk of hunting makes me miss Michigan. I never hunted, but loved having friends that would hunt, as I'd get hook ups on some great venison.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-07, 19:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Does the hunter with the smallest penis win a gift card of some sort?

Too predictable. The liberal penis size fixation.

Are you judging by his gun or truck?

I'll get back to you when I'm finished cuddling with my gun.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-08, 07:49

https://blackfriday.com/best-buy-black-friday

Pretty solid deals. My buddy's father-in-law will probably try to get the Samsung 65" TV on the front page.

I'll go for the Google Home Mini ($29 w/ $10 GC) and the Google Wi-Fi system.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-08, 09:46

Death Roe wrote:https://blackfriday.com/best-buy-black-friday

Pretty solid deals. My buddy's father-in-law will probably try to get the Samsung 65" TV on the front page.

Are Sharp TVs any good now? $179 for a 50" seems cheap.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-08, 09:56

If you're not picky, they'll work. I'd go for a TCL or something for around $400 for that size.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-08, 10:14

Death Roe wrote:If you're not picky, they'll work. I'd go for a TCL or something for around $400 for that size.

Not picky in this case, I'm looking for something for one of my guest bedrooms. So it might get used 50-60 nights a year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-08, 10:15

Go for it then
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-08, 12:28

Death Roe wrote:https://blackfriday.com/best-buy-black-friday

I assume that they don't price match if you buy something in advance from them?

There are a couple of things that I need, but not enough to go all in and wait out for it.. We don't eat Thanksgiving dinner until around 7 or later, so I could theoretically go around 5:30 or 6 and see if anything decent is left. Anyone know typically how long after it opens the line stays out the door before you can just walk in?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-08, 12:32

I bet they will not price match on those two days, correct. Which sucks.

Best Buy will have a line forming Wednesday afternoon or night. It'll be packed.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-08, 13:18

Meijer with a 48" Vizio for $199

https://www.meijer.com/weeklyad/?storeref=48
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-08, 14:43

Death Roe wrote:I bet they will not price match on those two days, correct. Which sucks.

Best Buy will have a line forming Wednesday afternoon or night. It'll be packed.
I'm sure Best Buy will have a line forming the weekend prior, with one or two attention whores camping out.

But my question was more if Best Buy opens at 5pm, and I get there at 6pm, will there still be a line (like do they limit how many people can go in the store at a time)? I'd miss the biggest door buster deals, but there are some secondary items that might still be available. I just don't want to wait in line for an hour or more just to get into the store only to find that everything, even second or third choice items, are already gone.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-08, 15:24

You will be waiting in a line at least 45 minutes, if not more.

I was there last Black Friday around 1PM, and we waited 1 hour to check out.

The line was all the way back to my store's car stereo section. Crazy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-08, 15:59

gHost Spartan wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Dude I have no issues with hunting at all but let's face it there's nothing very sporting about shooting a large animal with a rifle. Yeah, bow hunting may be "harder" but to most experienced bow hunters it's still pretty easy. My brother hunted for 20+ years and he doesn't even bother anymore because he said it's too easy. He started with guns, then bows, shotguns for birds, and when he shot his last elk he used a handgun. Said it's way too easy. And he never used any of the tree stand bullshit either. He's hunting in Utah and Wyoming on foot.

Why is fishing called a sport? All you have to do is wake up early and sit in a boat.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-09, 08:00

Wally is doing their Black Friday online and in store....

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2017/11/09/walmart-holiday-hours/107491982/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-09, 08:01

Don't buy the "SPECIAL BUY" TVs. They are made for just this season and it'll be hard to get a replacement for them if something breaks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-09, 08:02

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Dude I have no issues with hunting at all but let's face it there's nothing very sporting about shooting a large animal with a rifle. Yeah, bow hunting may be "harder" but to most experienced bow hunters it's still pretty easy. My brother hunted for 20+ years and he doesn't even bother anymore because he said it's too easy. He started with guns, then bows, shotguns for birds, and when he shot his last elk he used a handgun. Said it's way too easy. And he never used any of the tree stand bullshit either. He's hunting in Utah and Wyoming on foot.

Why is fishing called a sport? All you have to do is wake up early and sit in a boat.

that is a pretty athletic maneuver for most Americans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-09, 14:14

LooseGoose wrote:Wally is doing their Black Friday online and in store....

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2017/11/09/walmart-holiday-hours/107491982/
Seems that is a new trend. I noticed the Staples and Office Depot 2017 ads say the same thing, that a lot of items are available online beginning Thursday at 12:01am.

A lot of the Best Buy items are available at the Black Friday pricing online now (or at least were yesterday). And with Best Buy's Holiday policy that for almost anything bought in November and December (except something that requires activation like phones), you have until January 14 to return it (as opposed to the usual 15 days), it's really tempting to buy a bunch of shit online now, leave them boxed/sealed, and then decide in a few weeks if I want to keep them or not.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2017-11-10, 16:02

Where's the Cyber Monday thread?  The apathy is strong over here.  I can barely be bothered to navigate over to a Woot-Off to try and get a BoC.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-24, 10:26

My wife and daughter went out this morning. Some guy tried to cut in a line behind them and when he was called out, he seriously tried to claim that my daughter was his daughter, like he was with her. Didnt even realize my wife was with her. Even before my wife could get a word out, my daughter yelled, "No, he's not!" The dude still refused to move until the cops came and made him move.

Da fuq is wrong with people?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-24, 10:58

This day seems to make people crazy.....all the normal pictures/videos of lines and chaos this morning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-11-24, 16:41

Got a bluetooth speaker, wireless charger, microSD card, and movie from best buy

not sure if I feel like driving by to pick it up tonight or get it over the weekend
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-24, 21:23

I got a Google Home Mini for the bedroom and a new router. Old one was crapping out.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-11-24, 21:55

Did pick up the speaker. Best Buy wasn't too bad and I was 2nd in line for online pickup. In and out in 10 min.

JBL Xtreme is badass - highly recommend if you want a bluetooth speaker and half off for the next few hours still
https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/XTREME.html
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-25, 22:01

Black Friday 2017 - Page 2 DPe0PxhVQAASFVQ
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-26, 00:35

LooseGoose wrote:Black Friday 2017 - Page 2 DPe0PxhVQAASFVQ

Are they sure it was a costume?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-27, 07:51

here's what I got on Black Friday:

17 shotguns
3 pistols
12 assault rifles
3 HD televisons
4 lbs of beef jerky
11 bibles
3 pairs of sweatpants
4 pairs of compression socks
1 deep fryer
12 cartons of cigarettes

it was a great way to spend the morning.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-27, 08:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here's what I got on Black Friday:

17 shotguns
3 pistols
12 assault rifles
3 HD televisons
4 lbs of beef jerky
11 bibles
3 pairs of sweatpants
1 deep fryer
12 cartons of cigarettes

lol!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-11-27, 12:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here's what I got on Black Friday:

17 shotguns
3 pistols
12 assault rifles
3 HD televisons
4 lbs of beef jerky
11 bibles
3 pairs of sweatpants
1 deep fryer
12 cartons of cigarettes

You forgot the ammunition, Bob.

Who the hell needs 17 shotguns? I can understand the assault rifles, I mean it is just too easy to burn the barrel out of those, but 17 shotguns - you don't need more than three.

I am really beginning to think you just don't understand home defense.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-27, 12:41

LooseGoose wrote:Black Friday 2017 - Page 2 DPe0PxhVQAASFVQ

No one shot him?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down