Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1

+5
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
DWags
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 Empty 6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 am

Grip’em and rip’em guys

Cause loud and proud.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 Empty Re: 6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:35 am

Little dick Polaris Razor drivers.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 Empty Re: 6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 am

lol....so those too? like guns and pick ups.

It's being celebrated up here, more riders - more tourists - more $$.

People don't realize how many forest roads have been shut down/closed since the 70s.
Good for nature but many like to come up and idle around the woods enjoying the views.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 am

LooseGoose wrote:lol....so those too? like guns and pick ups.

People don't realize how many forest roads have been shut down/closed since the 70s.
Good for nature but many like to come up and idle around the woods enjoying the views.

Rip that shit up I say.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 am

is it open for running, XC skiiing and mountain biking too??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:lol....so those too? like guns and pick ups.

Rip that shit up I say.

lol, whatever boss......the roads have been here for 70-100 years they can handle some ATVs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:is it open for running, XC skiiing and mountain biking too??

Yes, but none of those dorks make it out of the bars alive to use them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:is it open for running, XC skiiing and mountain biking too??

they haven't seen my arsenal of guns and ammo.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:50 am

The roads being opened....are not exactly wilderness....well maybe they are to the flatlanders here...;-)

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 ForestRoad_136721_7

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 ORV_576347_7

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 ORV

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 Stock-photo-a-forest-service-road-winds-through-the-hiawatha-national-forest-in-schoolcraft-county-michigan-461970448
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 am

I love it when Souteast Michigan transplants act like native northerners. It’s cute.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am

Turtleneck wrote:I love it when Souteast Michigan transplants act like native northerners. It’s cute.

Thanks sweetie. Cute like when you're acting like an ass? What makes you think I grew up in "Souteast" Michigan?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 am

Aw hells yeah!!

Git that $$!

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 205dw5c6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 30w5zxu
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 am

DWags wrote:Aw hells yeah!!

Git that $$!

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 205dw5c6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 30w5zxu
man, I bet there was a noticeable shortage in the Slim-Jim aisle at the local convenience store before/after this event.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Aw hells yeah!!

Git that $$!  

man, I bet there was a noticeable shortage in the Slim-Jim aisle at the local convenience store before/after this event.

Damn right!  It's called consumerism!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:22 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Do they get fed to the pigs?

That's probably not good for tourism.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 am

Awesome! Bout time.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:03 am

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Or capitalism. Amazing how people resent that system when it's not lining their pocket.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Or capitalism. Amazing how people resent that system when it's not lining their pocket.

Or harming property values.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

agree - I'm all for fine, red-blooded Americans eating processed meat stix.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'd be interested to know how allowing people to drive UTVs/ATVs down forest roads that have existed for 100+ years for cars/trucks and 4WD vehicles is going to harm property values. Generally the more people that enjoy being in an area increases property values.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd be interested to know how allowing people to drive UTVs/ATVs down forest roads that have existed for 100+ years for cars/trucks and 4WD vehicles is going to harm property values.  Generally the more people that enjoy being in an area increases property values.

Well then, I guess there is nothing to worry about.  I don't really have a problem with them opening up those roads.   I could care less if it effects wild life, if it's loud, if it leads to errosion, whatever.  Not my battle.  I know there are people up there who believe their property values will be lowered.  I haven't even looked at it.  I do know that a realestate agent up there once told me that similar properties have sold on average for 2.8% more, the further they were away from roads with traffic on them.   Don't ask me how far away, or where the study is from, it was him telling us over a beer.  We basically all lie to each other about our jobs and business once or twice a year when we get  together, so maybe he was just lying to us.   It seemed reasonable though, I don't know too many people who would want Saturday and Sunday being ripped up by a ton of noise from ATV's, so maybe he was on to something.  Again, I don't have a dog in this fight.   I'm good with my POS cottage on the west side.  Don't plan on buying any of that land up there ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

There nothing better than hearing and seeing these little dick ass wipes riping through the forest on their loud ass razors. For example, this idiot I work with. All he can talk about is his 23k Razor. Every freaking day. "I just put a sound bar on my Razor"...Wow, that's awesome. Can't wait to hear your loud music over the top of your loud machine. Mind you he drives a $4000 rusted ass pick up. The brain surgeon said the other day he sold his pistol, "now I got some money to put gas in my Razor". Oh, and he had "it sideways at 30mph" in the mud back in September. Asshole doesn't know the first thing about the woods, respect, hunters, or anything about the outdoors. Fuck him and people like him. I see them everywhere in the UP. To be fair their are respectful riders I see all the time as well. It only takes a few of these idiots to ruin it though. But hey, they buy gas and pickled eggs at Mel's one stop in Seney, so it's all good.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'd be interested to know how allowing people to drive UTVs/ATVs down forest roads that have existed for 100+ years for cars/trucks and 4WD vehicles is going to harm property values.  Generally the more people that enjoy being in an area increases property values.

Well then, I guess there is nothing to worry about.  I don't really have a problem with them opening up those roads.   I could care less if it effects wild life, if it's loud, if it leads to errosion, whatever.  Not my battle.  I know there are people up there who believe their property values will be lowered.  I haven't even looked at it.  I do know that a realestate agent up there once told me that similar properties have sold on average for 2.8% more, the further they were away from roads with traffic on them.   Don't ask me how far away, or where the study is from, it was him telling us over a beer.  We basically all lie to each other about our jobs and business once or twice a year when we get  together, so maybe he was just lying to us.   It seemed reasonable though, I don't know too many people who would want Saturday and Sunday being ripped up by a ton of noise from ATV's, so maybe he was on to something.  Again, I don't have a dog in this fight.   I'm good with my POS cottage on the west side.  Don't plan on buying any of that land up there ever.

The UP is a lot like Alaska. People move there to get away from something or someone, or someones. So this doesn't surprise me. "Get me as isolated and hard to find as possible!"
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

kingstonlake wrote:There nothing better than hearing and seeing these little dick ass wipes riping through the forest on their loud ass razors. For example, this idiot I work with. All he can talk about is his 23k Razor. Every freaking day. "I just put a sound bar on my Razor"...Wow, that's awesome. Can't wait to hear your loud music over the top of your loud machine. Mind you he drives a $4000 rusted ass pick up. The brain surgeon said the other day he sold his pistol, "now I got some money to put gas in my Razor". Oh, and he had "it sideways at 30mph" in the mud back in September. Asshole doesn't know the first thing about the woods, respect, hunters, or anything about the outdoors. Fuck him and people like him. I see them everywhere in the UP. To be fair their are respectful riders I see all the time as well. It only takes a few of these idiots to ruin it though. But hey, they buy gas and pickled eggs at Mel's one stop in Seney, so it's all good.
6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 am

LOL....I didn't know this was upsetting to people. It's one of those things that I don't think is going to even be very noticeable. Hell they can already drive on all the county roads.

One of the ways I know the weekend is here is seeing the young lads roaring around on their dirt bikes. I guess I'm a little different in that it all brings back good memories for me of my youth.

I must not be in the right area for loud UTVs like KL, I don't think I've ever heard a loud one. The only sound that gets me are the snowmobiles out all night. That's one area of difference, the snowmobile riders keep MUCH later hours than the summer guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 am

LooseGoose wrote:LOL....I didn't know this was upsetting to people. It's one of those things that I don't think is going to even be very noticeable. Hell they can already drive on all the county roads.

One of the ways I know the weekend is here is seeing the young lads roaring around on their dirt bikes. I guess I'm a little different in that it all brings back good memories for me of my youth.

I must not be in the right area for loud UTVs like KL, I don't think I've ever heard a loud one. The only sound that gets me are the snowmobiles out all night. That's one area of difference, the snowmobile riders keep MUCH later hours than the summer guys.

No place for logic in this emotional issue.........
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 am

If only we had Mitch Hedberg to weigh in on riders rejoicing at having 6300 forest roads for their off-road vehicles.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:13 am

LooseGoose wrote:LOL....I didn't know this was upsetting to people. It's one of those things that I don't think is going to even be very noticeable. Hell they can already drive on all the county roads.

I don't mind rednecks.. my family is full of rednecks. I'll probably even hang out with some of them next week.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:15 am

It seems boring to me, but to each their own.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am

steveschneider wrote:It seems boring to me, but to each their own.
yep - doesn't seem like my scene.

but, they probably wouldn't dig the things I'm into, either. 6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:18 am

I thought a Razr was a cell phone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 am

Keeping the forest roads in some areas closed - the DNR page on this:

Road Inventory Project
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 am

tGreenWay wrote:If only we had Mitch Hedberg to weigh in on riders rejoicing at having 6300 forest roads for their off-road vehicles.

"I used to ride on forest roads. I still do, but I used to, too."
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought a Razr was a cell phone.
I'm not the most hip guy in town, but I thought it was one of those little scooter things that the kids ride around on.

6300 Michigan Forrest roads will be open to off road vehicles starting January 1 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If only we had Mitch Hedberg to weigh in on riders rejoicing at having 6300 forest roads for their off-road vehicles.

"I bought an off-road vehicle but never use it. Too many roads."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:41 am

We have property in the UP. In Alger county the population was roughly 9700 people in 1980. In 2015 its 9400. The amount of people,vehicles, ATV's, Snowmobiles, etc we see is 10 fold from 1980, maybe more. It sucks dude, so bad. I hate it. A majority is the boom in ATV sales and their higher and higher rise in horsepower and capabilities. I've been nearly hit head on by these idiots numerous times in my truck or single seat 400cc quad. Kids without helmets, drunks, people lost in the woods trying to look at their cell phones for a map when theres no service. It sucks dude. I use to be able to go a whole week without touching pavement or seeing only a local or two. I hate high powered multi seat weekend warrior wannabe "got mud" dip wads.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:42 am

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

"I bought an off-road vehicle but never use it. Too many roads."

Not related but I always liked this one:

'I saw this commercial on late night TV, it was for this thing you attach to a garden hose, it was like "You can water your hard-to-reach plants with this product." Who would make their plants hard to reach? That seems so very mean. "I know you need water, but I'm gonna make you hard to reach! I will throw water at you. Hopefully they will invent a product before you shrivel and die! Think like a cactus!"'

Last edited by TheReal_LWS on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:44 am

Did LWS just use a curse word
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:

I must not be in the right area for loud UTVs like KL, I don't think I've ever heard a loud one.   The only sound that gets me are the snowmobiles out all night.   That's one area of difference, the snowmobile riders keep MUCH later hours than the summer guys.

Well, here's hoping you can hear the loud sound of capitalism at your doorstep now that the roads are opened to ATV's on 1/1/18!!!  We can only hope you hear that sweet sound of an ATV, zooming through the road adjacent to your place from 7 a.m. till 9:30 p.m in the Spring and Summer and from 10 a.m. till past midnight in the winter.  Where some would hear motors and shrill, true capitalists will only hear cash registers. 

Seriously, who knows what this will bring up there.  I'm sure studies have been done as far as corrosion, and noise, and what not.  I'm also pretty sure they've asked for feed back from city councils and chambers of commerce.  This wasn't done without thought.  It's one of those deals that probably isn't as bad as it might sound, and won't be as much of a boon for those who thought it would be great for business.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next