Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan considering toll roads

+6
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
10 posters

Go down

Michigan considering toll roads Empty Michigan considering toll roads

Post by tGreenWay November 26th 2019, 2:43 pm

Considering whether to open an 18-month long feasibility study. Actual toll roads would be a long way off, if it’s even possible.

*I’m putting this here and not tBin because many Rs and Ds in Lansing want to explore the issue. Mods can move it if the thread gets too political.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/proposed-study-would-look-at-whether-toll-roads-make-sense-in-michigan.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Michigan considering toll roads Empty Re: Michigan considering toll roads

Post by Travis of the Cosmos November 26th 2019, 2:57 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Considering whether to open an 18-month long feasibility study. Actual toll roads would be a long way off, if it’s even possible.

*I’m putting this here and not tBin because many Rs and Ds in Lansing want to explore the issue. Mods can move it if the thread gets too political.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/proposed-study-would-look-at-whether-toll-roads-make-sense-in-michigan.html

Im so glad you gave your permission greenway. If you didn’t mods would be like “oh man I know I should move it but greenway didn’t tell me it’s okay. I always do whatever greenway thinks is best. Greenway should just be in charge of the fucking universe he’s so goddamn perfect.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson November 26th 2019, 3:04 pm

I really don't think it will work. Michigan is not a drive-through state like OH/PA/NJ where turnpikes/tolls get money from out of state suckas.

The only one's who will be paying tolls in MI live in MI. Minus well just raise the gas tax. A lot easier to administer.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 26th 2019, 3:05 pm

Thank you for the post greenway. How much is the feasibility study gonna cost? Seems like you could just send a group or get feedback from states that make it work. But on the surface I’m all for it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags November 26th 2019, 3:06 pm

Sure as long as we have competent people like this in charge. I’ll gladly hand my cash over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay November 26th 2019, 3:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Considering whether to open an 18-month long feasibility study. Actual toll roads would be a long way off, if it’s even possible.

Im so glad you gave your permission greenway. If you didn’t mods would be like “oh man I know I should move it but greenway didn’t tell me it’s okay. I always do whatever greenway thinks is best. Greenway should just be in charge of the fucking universe he’s so goddamn perfect.”

It’s appropriate for you to know your place here. And mine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano November 26th 2019, 3:32 pm

I'm down with it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry November 26th 2019, 4:27 pm

DWags wrote:Sure as long as we have competent people like this in charge. I’ll gladly hand my cash over.
Excellent that he caught it before the road reopens.

A question: What the fuck was the MDOT inspector doing when the concrete was originally poured?

Another question: Is the contractor eating the bill to remove and replace?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry November 26th 2019, 4:34 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I really don't think it will work. Michigan is not a drive-through state like OH/PA/NJ where turnpikes/tolls get money from out of state suckas.

The only one's who will be paying tolls in MI live in MI. Minus well just raise the gas tax. A lot easier to administer.
...plus avoids the cost of building all the toll booths, gas stations, and choke-n-pukes. Michigan changing to toll roads now would be idiotic.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser November 26th 2019, 5:03 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I really don't think it will work. Michigan is not a drive-through state like OH/PA/NJ where turnpikes/tolls get money from out of state suckas.

...plus avoids the cost of building all the toll booths, gas stations, and choke-n-pukes. Michigan changing to toll roads now would be idiotic.

Don't need toll booths anymore. They make it really convenient to take your money these days.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake November 26th 2019, 5:17 pm

Could you establish some sort of tax based on the number of miles you drive in a year? Like every time you re new your tabs? And how about charging a real rate on road usage for semis....ah fuck it. To much money and bribes in the pockets of politicians to make anything work that isn’t a direct tax on the average joe.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano November 26th 2019, 5:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Could you establish some sort of tax based on the number of miles you drive in a year? Like every time you re new your tabs? And how about charging a real rate on road usage for semis....ah fuck it. To much money and bribes in the pockets of politicians to make anything work that isn’t a direct tax on the average joe.
raise taxes, toll roads. I don't care.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry November 26th 2019, 5:33 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:...plus avoids the cost of building all the toll booths, gas stations, and choke-n-pukes. Michigan changing to toll roads now would be idiotic.

Don't need toll booths anymore. They make it really convenient to take your money these days.
Transponders are cool but they'd still have to build infrastructure to accommodate those with and without.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry November 26th 2019, 5:41 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Could you establish some sort of tax based on the number of miles you drive in a year? Like every time you re new your tabs? And how about charging a real rate on road usage for semis....ah fuck it. To much money and bribes in the pockets of politicians to make anything work that isn’t a direct tax on the average joe.
raise taxes, toll roads. I don't care.
We can tell you don't care, Bob. You're not normal.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic November 26th 2019, 6:52 pm

You mean like a gas tax? Michigan considering toll roads 3003718628
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck November 26th 2019, 6:59 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Haha. GreenWay is just exercising some of that boomer privilege, Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down