Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Cameron 2018-01-25, 19:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Have you actually been reading his posts in this thread? He's been one of the most reserved of all of us.

Cameron you’re smarter than this, right?

No, I'm not.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 19:30

DWags wrote:Question about the cops to our resident attorney: how are they and the fbi off the hook here? If these crimes were reported to them, and they did nothing, what’s the end game of that?

Nothing.

Just like the Ingham County Prosecutor. How can the cops be at fault? They asked for charges, the Prosecutor declined.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 19:32

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Question about the cops to our resident attorney: how are they and the fbi off the hook here? If these crimes were reported to them, and they did nothing, what’s the end game of that?

Nothing.

Just like the Ingham County Prosecutor. How can the cops be at fault? They asked for charges, the Prosecutor declined.

The fbi?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 20:03

East Lansing Mayor Pro Tem has called on the BoT to resign, as well as "celebrity coaches" Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio and Suzy Merchant

Honestly maybe the school should just shut its doors and the students should all move back home
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-25, 20:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:East Lansing Mayor Pro Tem has called on the BoT to resign, as well as "celebrity coaches" Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio and Suzy Merchant

Honestly maybe the school should just shut its doors and the students should all move back home
The East Lansing Mayor Pro tem carries about as much weight as a cashier at Kroger.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 20:07

So does the Mayor pretty much right? Isn't it the City Manager that runs things?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2018-01-25, 20:10

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Question about the cops to our resident attorney:  how are they and the fbi off the hook here?  If these crimes were reported to them, and they did nothing, what’s the end game of that?

Nothing.

Just like the Ingham County Prosecutor.   How can the cops be at fault?  They asked for charges, the Prosecutor declined.

Speaking of that prosecutor:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/04/15/sheriff-stuart-dunnings-prostitution-rumors-10-years-old/83071504/

“Everybody’s surprised,” Lansing real estate developer Joel Ferguson, a longtime Dunnings friend, said late last month when asked about the case.
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 20:12

You really think Ferguson had Dunnings covering shit up for MSU? I thought most always assumed Dunnings had it out for MSU?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-25, 20:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:East Lansing Mayor Pro Tem has called on the BoT to resign, as well as "celebrity coaches" Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio and Suzy Merchant

This is so meaningless yet the LSJ is twittering it out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-25, 20:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So does the Mayor pretty much right? Isn't it the City Manager that runs things?
FWIW, I looked at the LSJ, it was the Mayor, not the Mayor Pro Tem.

Yes, East Lansing has a city manager form of government. The Mayor is a largely ceremonial position, the Mayor Pro Tem would just fill in for the Mayor when he/she is unavailable.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 20:20

When Spartan nation started calling hysterically for LAKS to resign, did anyone think the blood lust would stop there?

Now, for a plethora of reasons, our major programs will be targeted. With a vengeance. From what people think as moral reasons, to reasons of anger to many wo just don’t like Izzo and Dantonio winning.

It’s coming guys. Maybe we’re like PSU and will bounce back. It’s going to get way worse.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-25, 20:23

Izzo and dantonio POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 502811600 people are dumb and entertaining
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2018-01-25, 20:25

WBH:  I sure as hell would never of even dreamed it even 24 hours ago....but just when my faith in humanity can't get much lower, my cynical crabby old self can't help but notice that 2 very high profile cases in the last decade in which the MSU police wanted to press charges, the county prosecutor declined.

So to answer your question I would say no, I don't think that actually happened ....but obviously the thought has crossed my mind and will surely cross the mind of others looking into this nightmare.
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 20:27

What was the 2nd? Are you talking about Payne/Appling? That didn't reach the ICPO did it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2018-01-25, 20:34

I don't recall Dunning's name himself coming up, but as I recall (and paraphrase) there was another prosecutor who counseled the victim/complainant but how difficult her life could be if she went forward.

I am sure there are others here more familiar with the specifics.
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 20:39

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2010/09/report_two_michigan_state_bask.html

It did reach ICPO but doesn't sound like SDIII made the determination.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 20:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo and dantonio POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 502811600 people are dumb and entertaining

You understand they don’t actually have to resign for their programs to be harmed by the hysteria.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 20:44

Blaine Fabin wrote:WBH:  I sure as hell would never of even dreamed it even 24 hours ago....but just when my faith in humanity can't get much lower, my cynical crabby old self can't help but notice that 2 very high profile cases in the last decade in which the MSU police wanted to press charges, the county prosecutor declined.

So to answer your question I would say no, I don't think that actually happened ....but obviously the thought has crossed my mind and will surely cross the mind of others looking into this nightmare.

You pretty much implied it however.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2018-01-25, 20:53

DWAGS...for starters I am not looking to pick a fight, I don't post much but read this board nearly eveyrday and while I don't always agree with you do like you as a poster or as BOB would *say*: I assume you would be a pretty cool guy to have a beer with.  Razz

Having said that do you honestly think that no one else (particularly the media or our friends down the road)  has thought of this?

I would say I am fearing this, rather than implying....
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 21:01

I’m just pointing out you were willing to take bets on it. I’d assume Dunnings know about plea deals, I could only imagine the bargaining chip he’d have if he had been able to deliver Ferguson as part of that. I’m not ready to take that leap. We’d have to also have a pretty healthy imagination to connect that now.

That said, nothing would ever surprise me about this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 21:38

Wetzel was on Rome today. No new info but pretty powerful stuff, you could hear how upsetting this was just in his voice. He was very fair.

http://jimrome.com/2018/01/25/dan-wetzel-2/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 22:46

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20180125/news/651106/murray-engler-blanchard-wilbur-among-names-floated-to-lead-msu-in

MSU Trustee Brian Mosallam, a financial advisor from Dearborn, confirmed late Thursday that Murray, Wilbur, Engler and Blanchard are all on a list of potential candidates a board search committee will consider.

The list is still being compiled and there's no timetable for hiring an interim president, Mosallam said.

"It’s a fluid situation," Mosallam told Crain's. "I want a person that is committed to principles such as transparency, empowering sexual abuse victims and to restoring the trust, respect and pride of the public once had in our university."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-25, 23:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo and dantonio POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 502811600 people are dumb and entertaining

Bunch of morons.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 23:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20180125/news/651106/murray-engler-blanchard-wilbur-among-names-floated-to-lead-msu-in

MSU Trustee Brian Mosallam, a financial advisor from Dearborn, confirmed late Thursday that Murray, Wilbur, Engler and Blanchard are all on a list of potential candidates a board search committee will consider.

The list is still being compiled and there's no timetable for hiring an interim president, Mosallam said.

"It’s a fluid situation," Mosallam told Crain's. "I want a person that is committed to principles such as transparency, empowering sexual abuse victims and to restoring the trust, respect and pride of the public once had in our university."

Any of them sound like a good choice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-25, 23:42

The Meyer guy sounds promising. I fear that a former Governor will be polarizing in this day and age. I hope that the lynch mob allows LAKS to stay on and help with this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 06:34

steveschneider wrote:

Bunch of morons.

ESPN has started calling for the death penalty. Molly Quein. It won’t happen. But let’s all keep pretending this won’t have an effect on our school. Not only in sports, but in research dollars applications teaching talent. You won’t see it athletically next year, but recruiters for other schools are salabating over calls for Izzo and Dantonio to resign and ESPN death penalty requests. They can’t wait to get into living rooms. This will slow us down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 07:44

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Bunch of morons.

ESPN has started calling for the death penalty. Molly Quein. It won’t happen. But let’s all keep pretending this won’t have an effect on our school. Not only in sports, but in research dollars applications teaching talent. You won’t see it athletically next year, but recruiters for other schools are salabating over calls for Izzo and Dantonio to resign and ESPN death penalty requests. They can’t wait to get into living rooms. This will slow us down.

What parts of ESPN are saying this? I haven’t watched the “news” style shows in a long time on ESPN but last Christmas the father in law had it on and I thought it was pure garbage. It was just a bunch of op-ed style programming where some jackass “destroys” some one in a debate or you have a point counter-point discussion over some coaches decision or a reffing controversy. It’s all set up for epic rants and epic take downs.

The best coverage I’ve seen of all this is on the LSJ of all places. I think Couch and Mencarini have done good stuff. The mainstream media is trying to make this Penn state ptII but I thought the LSJ made a good case about the distinctions between the two. Penn state there was efforts to cover up the crimes, for MSU (so far) it was negligence and incompetence. Two awful cases and very shameful, and it’s depress beyond belief but there’s different issues at the core of these scandals and to fix it I think we need accurate discussions about what the problems are.

Also, I guess to circle back to ESPN I watched an interview with Sue Carter and she got me worked up. I think she’s on the same page with me on Simon on how awful her approach has been the last week or so. But what really did it was she mentioned that right at MSU they have a great school of communications with world class experts on crisis management and she said none of them were contacted to coordinate the messaging on this situation. What a blunder and I think it just proves further that there needs to be more change at the top and Simon really dropped the ball during that trial and right up to her exit.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 07:49

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Bunch of morons.

Death penalty for what? Did SMU get the death penalty for basketball and all their other sports when the football team got the death penalty? I honestly don't remember, and 30+ years later it's still the only case to go by.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:02

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

ESPN has started calling for the death penalty.   Molly Quein.  It won’t happen. But let’s all keep pretending this won’t have an effect on our school. Not only in sports, but in research dollars applications teaching talent. You won’t see it athletically next year, but recruiters for other schools are salabating over calls for Izzo and Dantonio to resign and ESPN death penalty requests.  They can’t wait to get into living rooms.   This will slow us down.

What parts of ESPN are saying this? I haven’t watched the “news” style shows in a long time on ESPN but last Christmas the father in law had it on and I thought it was pure garbage. It was just a bunch of op-ed style programming where some jackass “destroys” some one in a debate or you have a point counter-point discussion over some coaches decision or a reffing controversy. It’s all set up for epic rants and epic take downs.

The best coverage I’ve seen of all this is on the LSJ of all places. I think Couch and Mencarini have done good stuff.  The mainstream media is trying to make this Penn state ptII but I thought the LSJ made a good case about the distinctions between the two. Penn state there was efforts to cover up the crimes, for MSU (so far) it was negligence and incompetence. Two awful cases and very shameful, and it’s depress beyond belief but there’s different issues at the core of these scandals and to fix it I think we need accurate discussions about what the problems are.

Also,   I guess to circle back to ESPN I watched an interview with Sue Carter and she got me worked up. I think she’s on the same page with me on Simon on how awful her approach has been the last week or so. But what really did it was she mentioned that right at MSU they have a great school of communications with world class experts on crisis management and she said none of them were contacted to coordinate the messaging on this situation. What a blunder and I think it just proves further that there needs to be more change at the top and Simon really dropped the ball during that trial and right up to her exit.

Death Penalty is at the end if you can't stomach it.  

Here it comes, buckle up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:11

A link to a first take video POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 502811600 isn’t this the show that losers with nothing better to do watch at 10am on a weekday listen to Stephen a smith yell about sports?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-26, 08:13

Nah, I've never watched those dummies before, not gonna start now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:14

Wags is just panicking about the athletic implications of this, which is still disgusting as it was the first time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 08:15

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The best coverage I’ve seen of all this is on the LSJ of all places. I think Couch and Mencarini have done good stuff.  The mainstream media is trying to make this Penn state ptII but I thought the LSJ made a good case about the distinctions between the two. Penn state there was efforts to cover up the crimes, for MSU (so far) it was negligence and incompetence. Two awful cases and very shameful, and it’s depress beyond belief but there’s different issues at the core of these scandals and to fix it I think we need accurate discussions about what the problems are.

Also,   I guess to circle back to ESPN I watched an interview with Sue Carter and she got me worked up. I think she’s on the same page with me on Simon on how awful her approach has been the last week or so. But what really did it was she mentioned that right at MSU they have a great school of communications with world class experts on crisis management and she said none of them were contacted to coordinate the messaging on this situation. What a blunder and I think it just proves further that there needs to be more change at the top and Simon really dropped the ball during that trial and right up to her exit.

Death Penalty is at the end if you can't stomach it.  

Here it comes, buckle up.

Sounds like one of the ‘rant’ shows I was talking about above and I couldn’t make it through it. It’s pure garbage. I value good op-ed’s for perspective but there’s a sharp difference between and journalism and op-ed commentary and unfortunately our cable news channels are full of god awful op-ed style shows.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 08:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:A link to a first take video POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 2 502811600 isn’t this the show that losers with nothing better to do watch at 10am on a weekday listen to Stephen a smith yell about sports?

Glad I’m not the only one that noticed. I barely watch. It but that channel is all about ‘rants’ and pwn’ing people in debates these days in their non sports shows. I think ESPN day time content is contributing to our idiocracy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:27

DWags wrote:

You understand they don’t actually have to resign for their programs to be harmed by the hysteria.

I do, and i don’t really give a fuck about the programs relative to this right now wags. Again, every time you bring this up you come across as Penn State douchebag. Sorry, just my opinion. Fuck sports right now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 08:30

DWags wrote:

I do, and i don’t really give a fuck about the programs relative to this right now wags. Again, every time you bring this up you come across as Penn State douchebag. Sorry, just my opinion. Fuck sports right now.

I think it's just your opinion. Some will obviously feel the same way as you. On the other hand, I think it's fair that people can consider all of the implications and potential fallout.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

ESPN has started calling for the death penalty.   Molly Quein.  It won’t happen. But let’s all keep pretending this won’t have an effect on our school. Not only in sports, but in research dollars applications teaching talent. You won’t see it athletically next year, but recruiters for other schools are salabating over calls for Izzo and Dantonio to resign and ESPN death penalty requests.  They can’t wait to get into living rooms.   This will slow us down.

Death penalty for what? Did SMU get the death penalty for basketball and all their other sports when the football team got the death penalty? I honestly don't remember, and 30+ years later it's still the only case to go by.

To be sure, I absolutely know the death penalty will not happen.  I'm beyond sure that football or basketball won't be touched by the NCAA.   That is not my point.  When a ball starts rolling down a hill, nad it gains this kind of momentum, it will have an effect.  

ESPN will not get Dantonio's name wrong anymore.  They will not superimpose "Michigan" over Michigan state on graphics anymore.  They have zeroed in on clicks and the hysteria.  If you've ever followed recruiting before, it will be used in living rooms all over the place.  That's all I'm saying.  If we get to the final four, lets do an over under how many times it's mentioned.   

Dantonio and Izzo are good people.  I wish our own would have circled the wagons a bit more and been patient with asking for heads.  Yesterday, Hollis sent a letter to every athlete we've had here at MSU, letting them know about the survivor fund.  I know of some kids getting them personally.  the letter was addressed, "Dear Spartan".    People in the media got a hold of lindsey lemke's.   They are "outraged" that her letter along with other MSU athletes who were victims of Nassar wasn't personally addressed, instead of "Dear Spartan".  They are stoking the flames for him to step down.   There are threads on boards saying "Where has Hollis been?!!!" because he didn't speak, and they wonder why.  "Dear Spartan" and they're all over him.  

Sorry guys, I'm usually positive about all things MSU, but this hysteria will sock us right in the chin.  it's my belief it's going to have an effect on everything.   

All that said, every ounce of all of our energy should be on the victims anyway.  We all have degrees and jobs and lets face it, our life won't change because of any of this.  Hopefully, somehow the victims lives will.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 08:33

OTPT doing some major virtue signalling.

It's not impossible to care about the victims AND the implications for MSU.

To scold someone for doing both is inane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:35

DWags wrote:

Nah, I don't care either OTPT.  Sports have never been that important.  I'm just discussing what I see is going to happen to our whole university because of this.  And I've never said any of that is as important as the victims.  That you over read that isn't a surprise, no offense, but you're often like that.   No big deal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:38

LooseGoose wrote:OTPT doing some major virtue signalling.

It's not impossible to care about the victims AND the implications for MSU.

To scold someone for doing both is inane.

It's who he is.  The most virtuous among us.  All thing OTPT.   I'm really not offended by him saying that. I expect that sort of thing from him.   And if he takes offense by this, I dont' give a shit either, I mean none by it.  He reads me one way, I read him one way.  So be it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next