Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 08:43

LooseGoose wrote:OTPT doing some major virtue signalling.

It's not impossible to care about the victims AND the implications for MSU.

To scold someone for doing both is inane.

That was kind of my point, too. The human brain is amazing. It can multi-task and feel complex emotions and hold more than one thought at a time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:44

True colors show when you consistently bring up athletic performance in regards to football and basketball in a thread about sexual abuse by a gymnastics doctor. But again, an opinion.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 08:46

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Death penalty for what? Did SMU get the death penalty for basketball and all their other sports when the football team got the death penalty? I honestly don't remember, and 30+ years later it's still the only case to go by.

To be sure, I absolutely know the death penalty will not happen.  I'm beyond sure that football or basketball won't be touched by the NCAA.   That is not my point.  When a ball starts rolling down a hill, nad it gains this kind of momentum, it will have an effect.  

ESPN will not get Dantonio's name wrong anymore.  They will not superimpose "Michigan" over Michigan state on graphics anymore.  They have zeroed in on clicks and the hysteria.  If you've ever followed recruiting before, it will be used in living rooms all over the place.  That's all I'm saying.  If we get to the final four, lets do an over under how many times it's mentioned.   

Dantonio and Izzo are good people.  I wish our own would have circled the wagons a bit more and been patient with asking for heads.  Yesterday, Hollis sent a letter to every athlete we've had here at MSU, letting them know about the survivor fund.  I know of some kids getting them personally.  the letter was addressed, "Dear Spartan".    People in the media got a hold of lindsey lemke's.   They are "outraged" that her letter along with other MSU athletes who were victims of Nassar wasn't personally addressed, instead of "Dear Spartan".  They are stoking the flames for him to step down.   There are threads on boards saying "Where has Hollis been?!!!" because he didn't speak, and they wonder why.  "Dear Spartan" and they're all over him
Sorry guys, I'm usually positive about all things MSU, but this hysteria will sock us right in the chin.  it's my belief it's going to have an effect on everything.   

All that said, every ounce of all of our energy should be on the victims anyway.  We all have degrees and jobs and lets face it, our life won't change because of any of this.  Hopefully, somehow the victims lives will.

I completely get your point, and the ones you've made in earlier posts.

ps. Talk about manufacturing outrage. Would a personalized letter be better? Sure. But this this isn't a thing to go off spinning out of control over.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:True colors show when you consistently bring up athletic performance in regards to football and basketball in a thread about sexual abuse by a gymnastics doctor. But again, an opinion.

And wags, i don’t really necessarily blame you as you’re a product of this culture that sports has built into this country. I’d think you’re smarter than to fall for it, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-26, 08:49; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:True colors show when you consistently bring up athletic performance in regards to football and basketball in a thread about sexual abuse by a gymnastics doctor. But again, an opinion.

True colors show when you consistently skip over the parts about "everything" including teaching talent and research money.  

Thanks for proving my point.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 08:52

Yeah your two words about that mean more than talking about msu athletics in regards to a new president caring, negative recruiting with football and basketball, and the overall program implications. Good point.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

And wags, i don’t really necessarily blame you as you’re a product of this culture that sports has built into this country. I’d think you’re smarter than to fall for it, but it is what it is.

Yeah, the wife and I always stressed athletics in my house, they're top priority.   Just ask both my kids.  POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 502811600 

Good lord.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 08:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah your two words about that mean more than talking about msu athletics in regards to a new president caring, negative recruiting with football and basketball, and the overall program implications. Good point.

Again, you can't read, or refuse to.  I actually published a story about Missouri how applications have gone down there by 35%.  I looked at that and was concerned about that way before athletics. Just scroll back.  You won't, but it doesn't matter to me.  I know who you are.   No big deal.  Now, you need to say I'm not concerned about the victims.  Just go ahead and do that.  In the mean time, if we discuss how this tragedy will effect MSU in regards to enrollment, applications, teaching talent research money and yes, athletics, it doesn't mean anyone is not putting the victims first.  You can try to lay that on me, but I know who I am, and I know the kind of person you are by now.  Have at it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 09:03

Guys, despite what some in the media are saying, and still trying to drum up, in my personal opinion, from a PR standpoint, the worst is over. I do not foresee constant calls on social media for additional resignations, firings, death penalties. There are going to be stories here and there but we reached peak outrage last week and this week with the victims directly in the spotlight of every outlet in America.

My barometer is Twitter. For two weeks I couldn't get 2 tweets down my timeline without a Nassar/MSU tweet. Now it's all back to Trump and I see one mention for every 100 Tweets. Could be an inaccurate barometer, but as Twitter goes, so goes the mob.

It is somewhat unfortunate, actually. The spotlight can help bring about real change, but it also has bi products where the mob gets their penance. Also I feel that the mob should have gone after Klages, Trainor-Hauk, Strampel, Lemmen, ICPO, Meridian Twp PD, etc. Those were the people that we know (until told otherwise) had direct knowledge of the accusations and did nothing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 09:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys, despite what some in the media are saying, and still trying to drum up, in my personal opinion, from a PR standpoint, the worst is over. I do not foresee constant calls on social media for additional resignations, firings, death penalties. There are going to be stories here and there but we reached peak outrage last week and this week with the victims directly in the spotlight of every outlet in America.

My barometer is Twitter. For two weeks I couldn't get 2 tweets down my timeline without a Nassar/MSU tweet. Now it's all back to Trump and I see one mention for every 100 Tweets. Could be an inaccurate barometer, but as Twitter goes, so goes the mob.

It is somewhat unfortunate, actually. The spotlight can help bring about real change, but it also has bi products where the mob gets their penance. Also I feel that the mob should have gone after Klages, Trainor-Hauk, Strampel, Lemmen, ICPO, Meridian Twp PD, etc. Those were the people that we know (until told otherwise) had direct knowledge of the accusations and did nothing.

So far MSU has taken some of the outrage that should have been directed at USA Gymnastics and the Karolyi Ranch. I suspect their turn is coming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 09:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys, despite what some in the media are saying, and still trying to drum up, in my personal opinion, from a PR standpoint, the worst is over. I do not foresee constant calls on social media for additional resignations, firings, death penalties. There are going to be stories here and there but we reached peak outrage last week and this week with the victims directly in the spotlight of every outlet in America.

I'm interested in seeing the number of applicants to MSU next year.  This year we'll still see an increase.  In 2016 MSU had 37,475 applicants, that was about an increase of 4% over the year before.  I think we've gone to common app and the Coalition for Access & affordability and success.  It should have risen to a record number this fall.  It's been steadily increasing each year for the past 5 or so.  Why does that matter? Because many colleges are ranked on "acceptance rate".  The more apps we get, the more kids are rejected.  The more kids rejected, the higher the ranking.  Foolish?  sure, but it's one measure.  Anyway, lets see the numbers next year.  

I know I'm weird, but the wife and I still donate to our colleges, and we follow shit like this.  (although some on here think all I do is pine for football and basketball results).  I hope all of you guys are right and this isn't a big deal.   I also hope your tracking system is right and the worst is over and we can quietly and thoroughly help the victims as much as humanly possible without fanfare or waving our flag and saying "look what we're doing".  That would be a bad look too.  This sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-01-26, 09:37

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah your two words about that mean more than talking about msu athletics in regards to a new president caring, negative recruiting with football and basketball, and the overall program implications. Good point.

Again, you can't read, or refuse to.  I actually published a story about Missouri how applications have gone down there by 35%.  I looked at that and was concerned about that way before athletics. Just scroll back.  You won't, but it doesn't matter to me.  I know who you are.   No big deal.  Now, you need to say I'm not concerned about the victims.  Just go ahead and do that.  In the mean time, if we discuss how this tragedy will effect MSU in regards to enrollment, applications, teaching talent research money and yes, athletics, it doesn't mean anyone is not putting the victims first.  You can try to lay that on me, but I know who I am, and I know the kind of person you are by now.  Have at it.

And this is why LAKS needed to go. She failed in leadership in the time of crises and we all look like bafoons because of it. We need to hire a new president that will say and do the right things for the victims and the University.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 09:45

Secchia is the latest to step in it. Stupid interview on TV last night. Freep is retweeting the shit out of his comments. Let's see what kind of outrage it draws.

EVERYONE AT MSU - SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you're going to say something, follow in Mosallam's footsteps please. He is the only one saying the right things.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 09:50

I was looking for a non Freep link.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/grand-rapids-central/msu-donor-comments-about-nassar-were-ignored-because-he-was-a-rock-star/511651712
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 10:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I was looking for a non Freep link.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/grand-rapids-central/msu-donor-comments-about-nassar-were-ignored-because-he-was-a-rock-star/511651712

I was just coming back here to link the Freep story on it....what he says is mostly truthful but tone deaf in light of the mob.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/01/26/secchia-nassar-simon-complaints-rock-star/1068598001/

He also wonders why others are not being blamed.

"We all wonder why the National Gymnastics people aren't being dragged in, the Olympics aren't being dragged in, why some of the parents remained quiet. Were they driven to have a gold medal or driven to have a child who is a star? Were they holding back on the information they had because they didn't want to embarrass their daughter? There are so many different currents in this river of distraught...it's not a pleasant time...but it can only get better," says Secchia.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 10:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I was looking for a non Freep link.

You would think that responsible journalists would put the USOC/USAG logos on their green screen instead of MSU's for the entire full minute they covered that angle of the story. Switch angles, switch backdrops, that's all I'm saying in my own nitpicking way.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 10:06

I know it's not going to fly in the current environment but it would be damned interesting to know how many of these victims that are roasting MSU were actually "treated" at MSU.

My guess off the top of my head is 50% or less.

That doesn't change a damned thing except that USAG and others should be sharing the firestorm right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 10:14

USAG has been in the forefront of the firestorm for months. They are already in the midst of their reckoning and bodies are dropping. They were the focus of all of the ESPN pieces, 60 minute pieces, etc up until last week. Nassar was a MSU employee, USAG didn't pay him. I don't see the current blame game as unfair at all. That Geddert dude is going to have more coming to him for sure but I don't really see anyone else left standing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 10:15

I guess the guns are turning on them now too...

US Olympic Committee To USA Gymnastics Board: Resign — Or Else

And still, it might not matter at all, because the US Olympic Committee might not be in a position to make that call for long. The athletes on whom Nassar preyed have turned their guns on both organizations, demanding accountability at all levels:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-01-26, 10:31

A couple of points.

Nassar was sentenced (and the sentencing hearing was) for crimes he committed in Ingham County. MSU was, for the most part correctly, in the cross hairs.

He will be sentenced again in Eaton County on January 31.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 10:51

Freep reporting Mark Hollis is resigning today.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 10:57

Seems to me Hollis was way closer to this stuff than LAKS.   By the nature of the job, he had to be.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 10:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Freep reporting Mark Hollis is resigning today.

Good riddance
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 10:58

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

And this is why LAKS needed to go. She failed in leadership in the time of crises and we all look like bafoons because of it. We need to hire a new president that will say and do the right things for the victims and the University.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 1486952199 POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 1486952199 POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 1486952199
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-26, 10:59

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 3 Giphy
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 11:07

I think Hollis is unfair but not unexpected. Still waiting to see the casualties from the Medical school, to me they were closer to this than Hollis but Hollis is obviously the much more public figure.

If Izzo/Dantonio are shoved out then I'm done.

Interesting to see the Lynn Henning strain of self loathing Spartan cropping up again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 11:13

LooseGoose wrote:

I think Hollis is unfair but not unexpected.   Still waiting to see the casualties from the Medical school, to me they were closer to this than Hollis but Hollis is obviously the much more public figure.

Interesting to see the Lynn Henning strain of self loathing Spartan cropping up again.

At the risk of upsetting a certain snowflake here, and discussing Izzo/Dantonio, it's not that much of a reach to see some big back lash against anyone who is a big name at MSU.   Add Suzy Merchant to the list for her support of LAKs.    (hope it's alright to discuss MSU athletics on an MSU athletics board)

As far as th next President.  Already scared from the names they've thrown out.  Choose one of the ex govenors, you take the chance at more division among alumnus and students.   I don't know the other names but this afternoon will look at them.  I really hope they stay away from anyone political.   But don't have much confidence they will.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-01-26, 11:16

What does the gymnastics program have to do with izzo or coach d that seems like a stretch??
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 11:18

aualum06 wrote:What does the gymnastics program have to do with izzo or coach d that seems like a stretch??

Izzo tried to make an off the cuff statement, slightly misspoke and is now branded as an uncaring asshole.
Sounds like his roommate when he started at MSU just got sacrificed to the mob.
He really doesn't need the $$ or the shit, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he announces he's done after this season.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 11:21

Graham Couch Verified account @Graham_Couch
More
Hollis: "I know it's the right time to let people heal. I know this is the right time for me, for (wife) Nancy. I have three children, they're incredible kids. I don't like to see them in pain, either."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 11:23

Graham CouchVerified account@Graham_Couch
6m6 minutes ago
More
Hollis getting choked up: "It's been an absolute honor to guide the athletic department. Today, I'm announcing my retirement. ... I'm not running away from anything. I'm running toward something. Comfort and compassion for the survivors. ... Togetherness for my family."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-26, 11:25

Great to see Hollis go. Steps in the right direction.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 11:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Great to see Hollis go. Steps in the right direction.

Enlighten me.

Tell me how you see Hollis being culpable here? Be specific if you can.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 11:29

LooseGoose wrote:

I think Hollis is unfair but not unexpected. Still waiting to see the casualties from the Medical school, to me they were closer to this than Hollis but Hollis is obviously the much more public figure.

The medical school angle is a big one for me. Where was the damn peer review or why wasn't it more open and thorough?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 11:33

Man comment sections on the freep and twitter are both disgusting and full of complete trash. In theory it seems like a good place for meaningful discourse but it’s really on par with the graffiti on a bathroom wall at a truckstop shitter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-26, 11:34

steveschneider wrote:Man comment sections on the freep and twitter are both disgusting and full of complete trash. In theory it seems like a good place for meaningful discourse but it’s really on par with the graffiti on a bathroom wall at a truckstop shitter.

Comment sections anywhere on the internet are a gathering place for the worst of humanity.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-01-26, 11:36

aualum06 wrote:What does the gymnastics program have to do with izzo or coach d that seems like a stretch??

My facebook feed already has one Walverine calling for coach D to step down.
Fucking terrible.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-01-26, 11:39

That was pretty good Hollis. Well done.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-26, 11:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Man comment sections on the freep and twitter are both disgusting and full of complete trash. In theory it seems like a good place for meaningful discourse but it’s really on par with the graffiti on a bathroom wall at a truckstop shitter.

Comment sections anywhere on the internet are a gathering place for the worst of humanity.

On a lot of my twitter feed I usually see really good or witty comments and you can easily weed through the crap. The freep and lsj ones on this really stand out as a new level of low. I'm sure there's plenty out there that are just as bad or worse but I guess I try to limit my exposure to that type of stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 11:43

Clarett's Folly wrote:

My facebook feed already has one Walverine calling for coach D to step down.
Fucking terrible.

Get ready.  This is the tip of the iceberg.  I have no desire to look it up or remember where I saw it, but some pundit was pontificating on how the NCAA governing body can watch out for athletes safety.   They can determine that MSU as an organization did not do so, as a result, they have to power to remove us from any competitions they sponsor.  What does that mean?  NCAA tournaments I guess.  football playoffs?  Who knows.  Anyway this guy writes he thinks chances are minimal, but that the NCAA could do that.  

CF, you've been close to recruiting.  You know what negative recruiting is.  How likely will the possibility of this, hurt both Izzo, and Dantonio?    I'm guessing minimally but it might have an effect a bit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next