Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports

+8
duffy munn
DWags
Clarett's Folly
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
12 posters

Go down

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports Empty Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-07, 14:09

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaches-on-the-hot-seat-who-has-work-to-do-to-save-their-jobs/
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports Empty Re: Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports

Post by Guest 2018-02-07, 14:20

Thanks for the link. Picture attached to save clicks on his shit.

My response to him:

Izzo on the hotseat over that report is a joke. Have you actually fact checked it? It's mostly unsupported rumor. Also, as a national writer it's embarrassing that you used "cue" when you meant "queue".

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports AL0q7TN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports Empty Re: Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-07, 14:30

What is unanswered around Walton? Can someone explain?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-07, 14:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What is unanswered around Walton? Can someone explain?

The only question I can think of for Izzo is whether he knew Walton had this case when he was allowed to travel with the team. To be honest I'm not sure it's even been established that he DID travel with the team.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 14:56

If Izzo goes I will burn this city to the ground. Sherman will rise from the grave to take notes on my prowess.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 14:56

Not really I just felt like writing that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-07, 14:56

LooseGoose wrote: Also, as a national writer it's embarrassing that you used "cue" when you meant "queue".
Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600 All you need to know about this guy's credibility
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-07, 15:00

tGreenWay wrote:Not really I just felt like writing that.

Thanks for responding to my thread, Greenway. Can we put the past behind us and be friends now?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 15:01

Da Mayor wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Not really I just felt like writing that.

Thanks for responding to my thread, Greenway. Can we put the past behind us and be friends now?

No.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-07, 15:07

tGreenWay wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

No.

Good, because I still think you're the most inane poster on this board Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-07, 15:09

tGreenWay wrote:If Izzo goes I will burn Bristol, CT to the ground. Sherman will rise from the grave to take notes on my prowess.

Hope you don't mind a friendly correction.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-07, 15:14

So the issue is Walton was accused of something, and hadn’t been charged yet, still got to travel with the team while this was happening? In that case, Dantonio should be gone for letting Winston play at Penn State after curb stomping a hockey player.

(I’m sure a ton of coaches would be “gone” too if this was the standard)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 15:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If Izzo goes I will burn Bristol, CT to the ground. Sherman will rise from the grave to take notes on my prowess.

Hope you don't mind a friendly correction.

It’s welcomed. Come with me.
Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 3669899363 bom bom
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-07, 15:25

tGreenWay wrote:If Izzo goes I will burn this city to the ground. Sherman will rise from the grave to take notes on my prowess.

Garrick?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-07, 15:35

LooseGoose wrote:Thanks for the link.  Picture attached to save clicks on his shit.

My response to him:

Izzo on the hotseat over that report is a joke.   Have you actually fact checked it? It's mostly unsupported rumor.   Also, as a national writer it's embarrassing that you used "cue" when you meant "queue".

It's changed.    Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-07, 15:40

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Thanks for the link.  Picture attached to save clicks on his shit.

My response to him:

Izzo on the hotseat over that report is a joke.   Have you actually fact checked it? It's mostly unsupported rumor.   Also, as a national writer it's embarrassing that you used "cue" when you meant "queue".

It's one of my many pet peeves...people using the wrong word in old sayings.

Shoe in for shoo in.
Tow the line for toe the line.
Tough road to hoe for row to hoe.
etc, etc, etc.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-07, 15:41

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's one of my many pet peeves...people using the wrong word in old sayings.

Shoe in for shoo in.
Tow the line for toe the line.
Tough road to hoe for row to hoe.
etc, etc, etc.....

TBF, hoeing a road would be pretty tough.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 15:50

DWags wrote:

My response to him:

He should also correct his opening sentence, which is incorrect. Izzo was very much on the hot seat after only a year into his reign. I remember hearing a daily chorus of callers into Staudt’s radio show who wanted him gone well into year two.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-07, 15:56

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

He should also correct his opening sentence, which is incorrect. Izzo was very much on the hot seat after only a year into his reign. I remember hearing a daily chorus of callers into Staudt’s radio show who wanted him gone well into year two.

Tom Fizzo
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 15:57

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Tom Fizzo

That was you who called in? Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-02-07, 16:01

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Tom Fizzo

It was probably Moose
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-02-07, 16:02

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It was probably Moose

Or Tanny.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-07, 16:20

Clarett's Folly wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If Izzo goes I will burn this city to the ground. Sherman will rise from the grave to take notes on my prowess.

Garrick?

Pussy is undefeated?
tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Bring back Heathcote!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 17:28

gHost Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600

Funny story... back in like '97 I think I called into one of the national sports radio shows and they were talking about the Knicks and Bulls, can't remember. I was nervous but I started making my points in the call and performed remarkably well. Then the host asked me to predict the winner of the series and I said the Knicks in like 6 games or something but that was actually impossible because of how many games had already been played and I ended up getting humiliated by the host, he was like "get off the air you bum you don't even know how many games been played" it was so fucking hilarious but I honestly felt like the entire world was laughing at me. Took me about an hour to get over it.

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600 I dont know, seems like getting called a bum on national radio would be kind of cool.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 17:29

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It was probably Moose

He’s a bitter, bitter man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-07, 17:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Garrick?

Pussy is undefeated?
tGreenWay wrote:

Bring back Heathcote!

Izzo on coaching hot seat per CBS Sports 502811600 Heard that one, too. I wonder if there was any real consideration from the prez (Melville P.?) or tbe AD to actually make a move. Setting aside how TI’s career has turned out, generally speaking, it would’ve been ridiculous to make a change 1.5 or 2 years into a new coach. Any possible successor would know they wouldn’t get the necessary time to turn the program around.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-07, 17:48

LooseGoose wrote:Thanks for the link. Picture attached to save clicks on his shit.

My response to him:

Izzo on the hotseat over that report is a joke. Have you actually fact checked it? It's mostly unsupported rumor. Also, as a national writer it's embarrassing that you used "cue" when you meant "queue".

First off, much appreciated for you copying it so that I had no need to click.

Second of all, this is how stupid this is. It says Izzo will not be fired or step down unless truly incriminating evidence comes to light. Umm, so he's not on the hot seat then? Or that he's only potentially on the hot seat, if something unknown and unexpected comes out. In other words, every coach in the country could be said to be on the hot seat.

Realistically, this dude only included Izzo on the list to get a few extra clicks by capitalizing on the sensationalist bullshit that even that writer says is not going to get Izzo fired.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-07, 20:20

I can't tell you who I heard this from so maybe keep it on the down low....but the word on the street that I'm hearing, as someone with his ear to the ground.....is that Coach K very well could be on the hot seat, as well if he is accused of killing 5 hookers and there is substantial evidence to support the accusation. Do not be surprised if that happens, and if it does, remember that you heard it hear first if he is indeed accused of killing 5 hookers and there is substantial evidence to support that accusation
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-07, 20:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I can't tell you who I heard this from so maybe keep it on the down low....but the word on the street that I'm hearing, as someone with his ear to the ground.....is that Coach K very well could be on the hot seat, as well if he is accused of killing 5 hookers and there is substantial evidence to support the accusation. Do not be surprised if that happens, and if it does, remember that you heard it hear first if he is indeed accused of killing 5 hookers and there is substantial evidence to support that accusation

I've heard only that Coach K is a responsible person in the death of Alan Ruck,
who drowned in a 55-gallon barrel of personal lubricant
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-07, 20:30

If the internet had been as big of a thing back in the day when Izzo started coaching as it is now, he would have been fired. I have no doubt about that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down