Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs

+6
tGreenWay
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
10 posters

Go down

Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs Empty Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 21:14

I'll just leave this here.

Some peanut butters may be harmful for dogs

Veterinarians have a warning for pet owners about an ingredient in some foods — including peanut butter — that can be toxic to your pet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs Empty Re: Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs

Post by Death Roe Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 21:34

Shit.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs Empty Re: Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs

Post by Cameron Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:29

Apparently grapes can be poisonous to dogs. Who would have guessed?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:30

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:31

Cameron wrote:Apparently grapes can be poisonous to dogs. Who would have guessed?

my dog loves grapes

when I learned that grapes could be poisonous I started peeling the skin off the grape...how I came to that solution as being ok I have no idea but she still hasn't died
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:41

AMwood is probably frantic right now
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:51

The Pantry wrote:AMwood is probably frantic right now

Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:55

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Cameron wrote:Apparently grapes can be poisonous to dogs. Who would have guessed?

my dog loves grapes

when I learned that grapes could be poisonous I started peeling the skin off the grape...how I came to that solution as being ok I have no idea but she still hasn't died

IIRC from what I read a few years ago, whatever it is in grapes/raisins, it slowly builds up before attacking the kidneys. One or two would be fine, but as treats over a few hours or days could be deadly. Of course, I may be misremembering.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 22:57

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

my dog loves grapes

IIRC from what I read a few years ago, whatever it is in grapes/raisins, it slowly builds up before attacking the kidneys. One or two would be fine, but as treats over a few hours or days could be deadly. Of course, I may be misremembering.

She'd had grapes for years by the time I found that out... and she's nearly 17 now so I'd say she's had a good run
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 23:09

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

She'd had grapes for years by the time I found that out... and she's nearly 17 now so I'd say she's had a good run

Jeez, 17 is a long life for a pup. That’s great.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 6:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

my dog loves grapes

It's the seeds, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 7:14

Finally, the joke we were all waiting for. Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 9:55

Peanut butter is the silent killer for dogs, but they can still munch away on cat turds.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 17:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Finally, the joke we were all waiting for. Some Peanut Butters May Be Bad For Dogs 55953254
You served that one up on a platter Wink

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 17:48

Walnuts aren't the best for them either.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 18:54

This is a good reminder for people. If my dog stays somewhere else I always ask them what peanut butter they have. It seems that most peanut butters in MI are ok.

JIf brands and Kroger brands are fine. That’s usually what I buy to give my dog.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 19:04

Dendrobates wrote:This is a good reminder for people. If my dog stays somewhere else I always ask them what peanut butter they have. It seems that most peanut butters in MI are ok.

JIf brands and Kroger brands are fine. That’s usually what I buy to give my dog.
Did you get the idea from AMwood or come up with it on your own?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 28 Feb 2018 - 19:57

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:This is a good reminder for people. If my dog stays somewhere else I always ask them what peanut butter they have. It seems that most peanut butters in MI are ok.

Did you get the idea from AMwood or come up with it on your own?

Almost 2 years ago or so I came across an article about certain peanut butters being very dangerous to dogs. But I’ve kind of forgotten about it, as most the peanut butters I know and others use is ok.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down