Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People"

4 posters

Go down

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" Empty DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People"

Post by Guest Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 20:52

...Even his wife turned on him.

Activists demand DNC member’s resignation after ‘colored people’ remark

At that point, Parker’s wife, King, publicly called on him to quit.

“Though it is painful and awkward to air this conflict publicly, I have told John from the beginning that the most appropriate course of action for him was to resign,” King told First Coast News in a written statement.

In the statement, King said she didn’t know how to handle a complaint filed against Parker because the local party “bylaws do not have a grievance process, our Central Committee will be meeting this Thursday to create one.”

In other news, the NAACP has their annual convention in July.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" Empty Re: DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People"

Post by DWags Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 21:06

LooseGoose wrote:...Even his wife turned on him.

“Though it is painful and awkward to air this conflict publicly, I have told John from the beginning that the most appropriate course of action for him was to resign,” King told First Coast News in a written statement.

In the statement, King said she didn’t know how to handle a complaint filed against Parker because the local party “bylaws do not have a grievance process, our Central Committee will be meeting this Thursday to create one.”

Ok, that last line made me laugh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" Empty Re: DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People"

Post by Rocinante Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 21:25

I am positive that you saw that story on the Washington Examiner site and then tried to pretend like you saw it on politico and didn’t even read the politico story.

“The problem, local activists say, is that Parker’s remark was not simply an errant remark. Diallo-Sekou Seabrooks, an African-American who said he heard the remarks at the Burrito Gallery restaurant after a Democratic meeting, told First Coast News that Parker “freely used” the phrase, “colored people,” at the event and that he was concerned that Jacksonville would become like Atlanta, a city with a majority-black government.”

For a guy who screams fake news about everything, you sure share it a lot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 21:26

He’ll be much happier in the Republican Party.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 21:55

Rocinante wrote:I am positive that you saw that story on the Washington Examiner site and then tried to pretend like you saw it on politico and didn’t even read the politico story.

“The problem, local activists say, is that Parker’s remark was not simply an errant remark. Diallo-Sekou Seabrooks, an African-American who said he heard the remarks at the Burrito Gallery restaurant after a Democratic meeting, told First Coast News that Parker “freely used” the phrase, “colored people,” at the event and that he was concerned that Jacksonville would become like Atlanta, a city with a majority-black government.”

So politico is now fake news?   You can spin it any way you want the story clearly states that the colored people remark led to the demand he resign.

MIAMI — A Florida Democratic National Committee member is resisting a chorus of resignation calls from African-American activists and party officials — including his own wife — after he referred to blacks as “colored people.”

DNC member John Parker, a Democratic state committee member from Duval County, told POLITICO he simply mangled the phrase “people of color” and that he didn’t mean to say “colored people” at a Jan. 22 party meeting at a Jacksonville restaurant.

And sorry man, good try but I didn't see it at the Examiner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 22:02

Rocinante wrote:He’ll be much happier in the Republican Party.

Nah he'll want to stay in the party of diversity that meets at the Burrito Gallery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 0:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I am positive that you saw that story on the Washington Examiner site and then tried to pretend like you saw it on politico and didn’t even read the politico story.

So politico is now fake news?   You can spin it any way you want the story clearly states that the colored people remark led to the demand he resign.

MIAMI — A Florida Democratic National Committee member is resisting a chorus of resignation calls from African-American activists and party officials — including his own wife — after he referred to blacks as “colored people.”

DNC member John Parker, a Democratic state committee member from Duval County, told POLITICO he simply mangled the phrase “people of color” and that he didn’t mean to say “colored people” at a Jan. 22 party meeting at a Jacksonville restaurant.

And sorry man, good try but I didn't see it at the Examiner.

I don’t believe you clap clap clapclapclap
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 3:40

Lol. So once again I'm a liar. Thank you for that.

Good work on refuting the facts presented.

For the record the story was a headline at Legal Insurrection earlier tonight, I saw the blurb on it there then clicked through to Politico.
What a terrible way to get the news, reading the source article. Sometimes you allow your partisanship to blind you. But as I said I was never at the Examiner site. Sorry you were wrong as usual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 7:34

good for the DNC..

he's now qualified to run for president as a republican.

oh - and thanks for the mainstream media link..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:18

LooseGoose wrote:Lol. So once again I'm a liar. Thank you for that.

For the record the story was a headline at Legal Insurrection earlier tonight, I saw the blurb on it there then clicked through to Politico.
What a terrible way to get the news, reading the source article. Sometimes you allow your partisanship to blind you. But as I said I was never at the Examiner site. Sorry you were wrong as usual.

AH HA!! I knew it!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:24

Rocinante wrote:

AH HA!! I knew it!!

You knew you were dead wrong? Congrats man!

So tell me what the problem in your mind is with seeing a blurb about an article then clicking through and reading the originial article? Somehow I'm missing the great flaw that that you seem to be dancing a jig over?

And BTW - again you've skipped pointing out where I was factually wrong, not that being right has any importance to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

good for the DNC..

lol, as usual all exposed Democrat racists become Republicans in your mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: good for the DNC..

lol, as usual all exposed Democrat racists become Republicans in your mind.
I'm sorry that your party is full of racists.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 11:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

AH HA!! I knew it!!

You knew you were dead wrong? Congrats man!

So tell me what the problem in your mind is with seeing a blurb about an article then clicking through and reading the originial article? Somehow I'm missing the great flaw that that you seem to be dancing a jig over?

And BTW - again you've skipped pointing out where I was factually wrong, not that being right has any importance to you.

You mean the quote in the actual article you linked that it wasn't just about him saying "colored" once? That there was some kind of systematic problem with the guy expressing dismay at too many black people in the government of Jacksonville? I thought I pointed that out. Did you read the politico article?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 11:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

good for the DNC..

Guarantee he switches parties.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 11:59

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: good for the DNC..

Guarantee he switches parties.
it's actually pretty funny - a random dude refers to folks as "colored people" and the DNC gets rid of him.

an openly racist bigot runs for president and the christian GOP welcomes him with open arms. DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 22:14

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" 1966794946 Oh, the irony. Pot, meet kettle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 8:02

tGreenWay wrote:

DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" 1966794946 Oh, the irony. Pot, meet kettle.

Of course that would apply to 98% of the people here, yourself included.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 8:05

waiting on the racist, bigoted sexual predator to refer to this guy and his ilk as "some very fine people"..

but I guess he only reserves that designation for white supremacists? DNC Member forced to resign after using term "Colored People" 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down