Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My god. NCAA kick off changes.

+8
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
DWags
12 posters

Go down

My god. NCAA kick off changes.  Empty My god. NCAA kick off changes.

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:23

If you catch it between the 25 and goal line you can call for a fair catch and it’s considered a touchback.

Let’s just put flags on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My god. NCAA kick off changes.  Empty Re: My god. NCAA kick off changes.

Post by SawGreen Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:25

Well, that will certainly help MSU's kick-off.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:28

SawGreen wrote:Well, that will certainly help MSU's kick-off.

Because we cant kick it out sometimes Dantonio pops it up high and between the 15 & 5. No more. They’d just call a fair catch and get it at the 25.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 17:30

Why is that bad? Dog, whatever. Kickoffs are dangerous as shit as is. It’s fine. This is the mildest of adjustments that could be made.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why is that bad? Dog, whatever. Kickoffs are dangerous as shit as is. It’s fine. This is the mildest of adjustments that could be made.

weak
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:28

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why is that bad? Dog, whatever. Kickoffs are dangerous as shit as is. It’s fine. This is the mildest of adjustments that could be made.

weak
Well people die at 50 from this shit so.

Whatever. 95% of the time kickoffs have the same result anyway. Who cares. I’d be okay with just staring at the 25 regardless and not having kickoffs at all. The only argument against is onside kicks but fine, whatever. Don’t be losing in the game and it won’t matter.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

weak

Whatever. 95% of the time kickoffs have the same result anyway. Who cares. I’d be okay with just staring at the 25 regardless and not having kickoffs at all. The only argument against is onside kicks but fine, whatever. Don’t be losing in the game and it won’t matter.

That's not a bad idea, put it at the 25 unless you opt for an onside kick, if you boot it too far the ball is placed at the spot of the kick.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 19:56

people die at 50 from lots of things

very violent at the LOS...should just get rid of lineman
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:00

Jake from State Farm wrote:

That's not a bad idea, put it at the 25 unless you opt for an onside kick, if you boot it too far the ball is placed at the spot of the kick.
Yeah I mean how often do “surprise” onside kicks happen anyway? Maybe once a year? You could definitely just say “hey we’re gonna do that onside thing now” and everyone would be like yeah there’s 20 seconds left and you’re down by 4 so that makes sense. 

If it saves a few people that I’ve never even heard of because they’re special teams players from getting massive brain injuries then fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:people die at 50 from lots of things

Or just get rid of football altogether which is the alternative that you probably don’t want so maybe make some concessions about the silly ass kickoff
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 21:46

CORNER BLITZ wrote:people die at 50 from lots of things

Or just get rid of football altogether which is the alternative that you probably don’t want so maybe make some concessions about the silly ass kickoff

This is the sneaky plan that Travis has been working on for a few months now. He wants to boot football and install soccer all over the country. Conspirator!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 21:57

Need to stop heading the ball in soccer.   Seriously.  Lots of brain injuries.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:10

DWags wrote:Need to stop heading the ball in soccer.   Seriously.  Lots of brain injuries.
Some say it should be banned. Many youth leagues ban heading.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:18

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Need to stop heading the ball in soccer.   Seriously.  Lots of brain injuries.
Some say it should be banned.  Many youth leagues ban heading.
Yeah I mean they make reasonable changes and nuts don’t freak out but changing kickoffs is totes diff
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:

needs to be banned.  There isn't a debate needed.  Its insane to allow it to continue.  

Routine heading of a soccer ball can cause damage to brain structure and function, according to a new study from the United Kingdom that is the first to detect direct neurological changes by impacts too minor to cause a concussion.
The research, published this week in EBioMedicine, studied brain changes among amateur players, ages 19 to 25, who headed machine-projected soccer balls at speeds modeling a typical practice. Though the results seen were temporary, they trigger questions about possible cumulative damage done over time.
Something needs to be done. It's just not safe for people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:24

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

needs to be banned.  There isn't a debate needed.  Its insane to allow it to continue.  

Routine heading of a soccer ball can cause damage to brain structure and function, according to a new study from the United Kingdom that is the first to detect direct neurological changes by impacts too minor to cause a concussion.
The research, published this week in EBioMedicine, studied brain changes among amateur players, ages 19 to 25, who headed machine-projected soccer balls at speeds modeling a typical practice. Though the results seen were temporary, they trigger questions about possible cumulative damage done over time.
So you’re fine with kickoff changes then? Or no

You realize that you go over to the bin and point out the insane propo that people love then you talk about football and people’s brain injuries and sound exactly the same as goose right
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:48

DWags wrote:

You realize that you go over to the bin and point out the insane propo that people love then you talk about football and people’s brain injuries and sound exactly the same as goose right

No, kick offs shouldn’t be touched and won’t cut down on injuries while drastically changing the game. Getting rid of heading in soccer will drastically change current and future injuries. Life quality too. Completely different things.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:55

DWags wrote:

No, kick offs shouldn’t be touched and won’t cut down on injuries while drastically changing the game.  Getting rid of heading in soccer will drastically change current and future injuries. Life quality too.  Completely different things.
Not really. See, here’s the thing goosey, the real problem isn’t kickoffs, the real problem is people slamming into each other at 100 mph. I’ve accepted that. So have you. Kickoffs might make some small difference but not really because again, it just is what it is. You can’t fix it without putting flags on people as you do eloquently put it. Same problem with soccer. Sure you can ban headers for kids but it’ll never change in the pros. Let’s be real. And that’s fine. I’ve accepted it. You haven’t though. You try to pretend that it’s some leg up in your nuts propo campaign. Just like our fave right wing propo slurper.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:00

Lol. Politics consumes you. Unfortunately self awareness isn't your strength when you're throwing "slurper" around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:03

LooseGoose wrote:Lol.  Politics consumes you.   Unfortunately self awareness isn't your strength when you're throwing "slurper" around.  
Dog if you had any idea how much propaganda you spread... but it doesn’t matter. No one listens to you on that shit anyway. I’m talking to dwags here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:03

LooseGoose wrote:Lol. Politics consumes you. Unfortunately self awareness isn't your strength when you're throwing "slurper" around.

He is upset with science and data.

Might be surprised which game causes most injuries
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:05

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Lol.  Politics consumes you.   Unfortunately self awareness isn't your strength when you're throwing "slurper" around.  

He is upset with science and data.

Might be surprised which game causes most injuries
Again, you’re just trying to blame something else using whatever article you can.

Really your position should be to just say “injuries are gonna happen in sports regardless so if you’re gonna do it then do it” but you’re being a coward about it and trying to distract.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:16

Travis, if heading was eliminated would it change the game? That’s all I’m doing here and if you weren’t so easily triggered you’d have caught it. Changing kickoffs will change the game. And that’s fine. Maybe there’s others, like yourself that really don’t GAF. I started this because 1 I love football and 2 I believe it will drastically change things. So, when you idiotically suggested only kick off if you want to in side it I wanted to give you an example of a sport you live that should make a change due to
injuries that would change the game. And like you with the kickoff I could not give two shits if they eliminate the header and make them use a stiff penis. I’d watch the same amount of soccer.

But that aside, going Dow the worm hole if artickes the injury stuff is pretty interesting

Football did cause the highest number of injuries per year (average of 47,199), but football also had the highest number of athletes participating.
While football had the highest injury rate during competition of any sport, men’s wrestling actually had the highest overall injury rate.
In women’s sports, soccer accounted for the highest number of injuries per year (average of 15,113).
Like football, soccer had the highest competition injury rate of all women’s sports, but gymnastics had the highest overall injury rate in NCAA women’s sports.
Swimming and diving had the lowest overall injury rates for both men’s and women’s sports.
Among more serious injuries in college sports, football led the way. Football accounted for the largest proportion of injuries that needed emergency transport of the athlete, required surgery, and caused the athlete to miss at least seven days from the sport.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:17

Sarcastaball incoming
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:19

DWags wrote:Travis, if heading was eliminated would it change the game?  That’s all I’m doing here and if you weren’t so easily triggered you’d have caught it. Changing kickoffs will change the game. And that’s fine. Maybe there’s others, like yourself that really don’t GAF.  I started this because 1 I love football and 2 I believe it will drastically change things.  So, when you idiotically suggested only kick off if you want to in side it I wanted to give you an example of a sport you live that should make a change due to
injuries that would change the game. And like you with the kickoff I could not give two shits if they eliminate the header and make them use a stiff penis. I’d watch the same amount of soccer.

But that aside, going Dow the worm hole if artickes the injury stuff is pretty interesting

Football did cause the highest number of injuries per year (average of 47,199), but football also had the highest number of athletes participating.
While football had the highest injury rate during competition of any sport, men’s wrestling actually had the highest overall injury rate.
In women’s sports, soccer accounted for the highest number of injuries per year (average of 15,113).
Like football, soccer had the highest competition injury rate of all women’s sports, but gymnastics had the highest overall injury rate in NCAA women’s sports.
Swimming and diving had the lowest overall injury rates for both men’s and women’s sports.
Among more serious injuries in college sports, football led the way. Football accounted for the largest proportion of injuries that needed emergency transport of the athlete, required surgery, and caused the athlete to miss at least seven days from the sport.
See here’s the thing. Changing kickoffs really doesn’t change the game very much. Adding shitty shitty replay was way worse and more impactful. Get over it is just what I’d say to you.

Thanks for acknowledging that your idiotic stance never had anything to do with other sports though. I appreciate it boo  My god. NCAA kick off changes.  1f618
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:22

DWags wrote:Travis, if heading was eliminated would it change the game?  That’s all I’m doing here and if you weren’t so easily triggered you’d have caught it. Changing kickoffs will change the game. And that’s fine. Maybe there’s others, like yourself that really don’t GAF.  I started this because 1 I love football and 2 I believe it will drastically change things.  So, when you idiotically suggested only kick off if you want to in side it I wanted to give you an example of a sport you live that should make a change due to

See here’s the thing. Changing kickoffs really doesn’t change the game very much. Adding shitty shitty replay was way worse and more impactful. Get over it is just what I’d say to you.

Thanks for acknowledging that your idiotic stance never had anything to do with other sports though. I appreciate it boo  My god. NCAA kick off changes.  1f618
Good talk. And you’re published idiocy on football speaks volumes. You really need to watch a game with my wife. You’d love it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:28

What.

Calm down about kickoffs dude it isn’t that big of a deal you’ll get over it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What.

I hope we never score next year so we never have to kick more than once.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:32

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What.

I hope we never score next year 
^^^^ Blue ^^^^^
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:35

Special teams are an integral part of the game. Injuries schminjuries. I think Kicking Game rules should stay as is and in fact- we need to bring back some things that have been eliminated for "safety" reasons, even though they brought great excitement to the game.

First off all, bring back mass formations where players lock arms and vault runners in a "crack the whip" action. Incredible violence and collisions! Awesome!
I think Teddy Roosevelt eliminated that in 1905 and the game, in my opinion, has suffered as a result. its never been the same.

Also- I think you should be able to do anything to the QB up to 2 seconds after he hands the ball off or throws a pass. You can spear him in the earhole, horse-collar him, hit him in the knees, pick him up and throw him down on his head or a flipper in the throat- as long as contact is made within the first 2 seconds after his release. After that it would be a 5 yard penalty on the defense. It would be a 15 yard penalty and loss of down if the QB goes into a protective fetal position within the 2 second.

Last- we need to eliminate not just the halo- but the fair catch for punt returners. To enforce this rule- the punt returner must field every punt deemed "catchable" or possession is immediately forfeited. And like the QB's- if the punt returner goes into a protective position prior to contact- its a 15 yard penalty and loss of down.

Without brutal collisions- they might as well be playing patty-cake. Bring back real football that is suitable for real men to play and watch while drinking heavily. I think adopting these new rules would accomplish that.

Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:37

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Special teams are an integral part of the game. Injuries schminjuries. I think Kicking Game rules should stay as is and in fact- we need to bring back some things that have been eliminated for "safety" reasons, even though they brought great excitement to the game.

First off all, bring back mass formations where players lock arms and vault runners in a "crack the whip" action. Incredible violence and collisions! Awesome!
I think Teddy Roosevelt eliminated that in 1905 and the game, in my opinion, has suffered as a result. its never been the same.

Also- I think you should be able to do anything to the QB up to 2 seconds after he hands the ball off or throws a pass. You can spear him in the earhole, horse-collar him, hit him in the knees, pick him up and throw him down on his head or a flipper in the throat- as long as contact is made within the first 2 seconds after his release. After that it would be a 5 yard penalty on the defense. It would be a 15 yard penalty and loss of down if the QB goes into a protective fetal position within the 2 second.

Last- we need to eliminate not just the halo- but the fair catch for punt returners. To enforce this rule- the punt returner must field every punt deemed "catchable" or possession is immediately forfeited. And like the QB's- if the punt returner goes into a protective position prior to contact- its a 15 yard penalty and loss of down.

Without brutal collisions- they might as well be playing patty-cake. Bring back real football that is suitable for real men to play and watch while drinking heavily. I think adopting these new rules would accomplish that.

My god. NCAA kick off changes.  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:40

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Special teams are an integral part of the game. Injuries schminjuries. I think Kicking Game rules should stay as is and in fact- we need to bring back some things that have been eliminated for "safety" reasons, even though they brought great excitement to the game.

Damn!! We could have real man football again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 0:20

Yeah. Fucks given... 1.5 out of 5. If it helps stop brain damage. Do it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 0:43

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Yeah I mean how often do “surprise” onside kicks happen anyway? Maybe once a year? You could definitely just say “hey we’re gonna do that onside thing now” and everyone would be like yeah there’s 20 seconds left and you’re down by 4 so that makes sense. 

If it saves a few people that I’ve never even heard of because they’re special teams players from getting massive brain injuries then fine.

Replace the onside kick with 4th & 25 from your own 35.

Jethro, ST is a huge part of the game. If we were talking about messing with punts, then fucks given raises to 4.5. The impact on the game would be huge.

Changing kick offs... not so much. So reduce the risk.

And for the love of God if anyone says 'punts are more dangerous than kickoffs'... I'm not going to argue with you and you are completely missing the point.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 3:03

Football will die a slow death
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 7:04

Field goals are next? Those are pretty intense plays usually.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 7:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Football will die a slow death

I think this is the future. They can still run fantasy leagues by mixing years and drafting like we did with StratoMatic as kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 8:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Football will die a slow death

I think this is the future. They can still run fantasy leagues by mixing years and drafting like we did with StratoMatic as kids.

Pretty much. It is pretty barbaric. My 21 year old likes it but really doesn’t watch it. My 17 year old pretty much thinks my wife and I are nuts to watch it on tv. She’d rather stick a needle in her eye. 10 years I give it. It will still exist but not like we know it. I hear they just signed an 18 year old gamer for 150k a year. They signed him as a 17 year old but he played his first game this week. Saw this on hbo real sports or some such.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 8:19

Korean gamers makes a lot of money Dwags. They also have an educator making over 1 million.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down