Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming?

+2
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
6 posters

Go down

Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming? Empty Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-16, 22:07

You've got to be fucking kidding me. They've had it here as part of the Sports tier as long as Comcast has had it anywhere. I watched the Spring game on there, so this is very recent.

I'm hoping that they also dropped it everywhere in Florida, or at least South Florida, because then I'm sure all the B10 alumni will pressure them. If it's just Miami, I dont know if it will be enough pressure.

I can still watch it through the BTN app, and through the Xfinity app, but I'm thinking that will just be a matter of time before those get cut off.

So what's the best option? I'm not cutting the cord, so I want a streaming option for BTN that isn't too much, and don't need a bunch of other networks. It doesn't look like you can get BTN2go without it being part of your cable/streaming package. The cheapest streaming package I've seen is YouTube TV, for $35/mo, which includes BTN. Seems like a lot of waste for one channel.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming? Empty Re: Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-16, 22:11

DirecTV probably
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming? Empty Re: Comcast down here dropped the BTN...what are my options for streaming?

Post by SawGreen 2018-04-16, 22:26

Yeah. From what I'm reading, Comcast really fucked people. Seems like a switch might be worth it...or wait for some kind of reaction from BTN.

I've got Dish and they have "regional" packages, which I interpret to mean the content is oriented to a regional interest (not based on where I live).

I dumped the package with BSPN, and picked up a regional with BTN. I ended up saving around$30 a month.

But, my Internet comes from an entirely separate ISP.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-16, 22:28

The DirecTV streaming service is like 50/mo, I think. So YouTube TV would be better.

I'm not switching to regular DirecTV...ever. My HOA pays for basic cable and two HD boxes, regular DirecTV would be $40-$50 more than what I'm paying now anyway.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-16, 22:33

SawGreen wrote:Yeah. From what I'm reading, Comcast really fucked people. Seems like a switch might be worth it...or wait for some kind of reaction from BTN.

I've got Dish and they have "regional" packages, which I interpret to mean the content is oriented to a regional interest (not based on where I live).

I dumped the package with BSPN, and picked up a regional with BTN. I ended up saving around$30 a month.

But, my Internet comes from an entirely separate ISP.
So Comcast has done this elsewhere outside the BTN footprint (or even within it)? Maybe their contract is up for renewal. So they do this now and have 6 months to negotiate before people really start to raise hell about it.

If they keep the streaming access I could live with it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-04-16, 22:41

From what I understand, Comcast dropped BTN from the entire country sans the Midwest. I would have to think they're still negotiating, and it will eventually work itself out before football season. I bet there are a lot of B1G alumni around the country who are pissed and threatening to switch.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-16, 23:12

I watch it on Roku. If you have cable you’ll probably be able to stream it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-04-17, 00:06

It's a negotiating ploy. They're playing hardball like they did the first season of tBTN. They want a better price per sub outside the footprint. You're talking like what 4 state games max in the fall. If they don't come to a deal hit the bar or find a stream.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-17, 06:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:It's a negotiating ploy. They're playing hardball like they did the first season of tBTN. They want a better price per sub outside the footprint. You're talking like what 4 state games max in the fall. If they don't come to a deal hit the bar or find a stream.
I go to the bar for most games anyway, but sometimes I can't, or am not even able to watch live at all. Plus I like watching some of their shows now and then. Hopefully it gets worked out. Glad to hear that this is widespread outside the B10 footprint, and not just me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-17, 06:22

steveschneider wrote:I watch it on Roku. If you have cable you’ll probably be able to stream it.
Only if you have it as part of your cable package.

Though, as mentioned, it still allows me streaming access even though it has been removed from my cable package, but I doubt that will last.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-17, 07:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I watch it on Roku. If you have cable you’ll probably be able to stream it.
Only if you have it as part of your cable package.

Though, as mentioned, it still allows me streaming access even though it has been removed from my cable package, but I doubt that will last.

Do you have someone back in Michigan with cable that will let you share their account? I got lucky, a friend let me use a cable log in to stream the games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down