Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive

+8
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Heat Miser
Spartan Pride
Ass Dan
Rodeo Burger
Rocinante
Giant Moose
12 posters

Go down

Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive Empty Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-16, 10:50

Audio here: https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

Please note: this conversation starts about 10 minutes in -- by this point my wife and I are both completely flustered by the oppressiveness of the rep.

So! Last week my wife called to disconnect our service with Comcast after we switched to another provider (Astound). We were transferred to cancellations (aka "customer retention").

The representative (name redacted) continued aggressively repeating his questions, despite the answers given, to the point where my wife became so visibly upset she handed me the phone. Overhearing the conversation, I knew this would not be very fun.

What I did not know is how oppressive this conversation would be. Within just a few minutes the representative had gotten so condescending and unhelpful I felt compelled to record the speakerphone conversation on my other phone.

This recording picks up roughly 10 minutes into the call, whereby she and I have already played along and given a myriad of reasons and explanations as to why we are canceling (which is why I simply stopped answering the rep's repeated question -- it was clear the only sufficient answer was "Okay, please don't disconnect our service after all.").

Please forgive the echoing and ratcheting sound, I was screwing together some speaker wires in an empty living room!

F Comcast
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive Empty Re: Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-16, 10:57

So.... cliff notes... why doesn't he just say "I don't appreciate your tone, please let me speak to your supervisor"?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive Empty Re: Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-07-16, 11:03

The funny thing is, the customer is a department head at AOL, which apparently is notorious for the same type of behavior. (Which I can understand, because I didn't even realize AOL was still in business).
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-16, 11:10

I've dealt with spirit airlines customer service. This guy doesn't know shit
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-07-16, 11:19

This is pretty much just an exaggerated version of every conversation IVe ever had with comcast
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-16, 11:24

I thought it was universally agreed that they would always & forever be referred to as 'ComCrap'?

-50 meaningless points to all who have erred ITT.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-16, 11:36

What is scarier is reading a lot of comments from people who have cancelled their services, return all the equipment and then have comcrap send collection agencies after them. I haven't dealt with this issue with them, but I had a hospital bill me $50, saying my insurance wasn't going to cover it, after getting a EOB from my insurance company saying that there was no copay. 

These companies can get away with it, because who is going to come after them? The American business model has gotten rid of all ethics, and has studied how the mob does business instead. 

The rep will probably get moved into a management position and this tape will be used to train other retention rep's on how to not go overboard.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-07-16, 12:02

F uck Comcast. They are the devil.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-07-16, 12:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:F uck Comcast. They are the devil.

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook 2014-07-16, 15:29

InTenSity wrote:What is scarier is reading a lot of comments from people who have cancelled their services, return all the equipment and then have comcrap send collection agencies after them. I haven't dealt with this issue with them, but I had a hospital bill me $50, saying my insurance wasn't going to cover it, after getting a EOB from my insurance company saying that there was no copay. 

These companies can get away with it, because who is going to come after them? The American business model has gotten rid of all ethics, and has studied how the mob does business instead. 

The rep will probably get moved into a management position and this tape will be used to train other retention rep's on how to not go overboard.

This exact thing happened to me. Dropped comcrap, oh 2004ish and went to Dish. Returned of the stuff hand delivery to comcrap in E.L. 5-6 years later I got a collection letter for not returning a remote for $200.  Evil or Very Mad  Comcrap told me to provide a copy of the return receipt, which of course I no longer had. I blew up on the phone and ended up written a demand letter to the collection agency to provide the required documentation that I owed a debt. When they couldn't (which they almost never can) they dropped it.
Rook
Rook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 15:59

Comcrap monitors twitter for any mention of their company. What's even creepier--they'll contact the person who originated the tweet. I can't wait to read all of the comments about this event. Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-07-16, 17:51

I had a really bad experience with Comcast a few years ago when they couldn't get my newly installed high speed internet working, similar kind of call. I got pissed and fired off a few nasty tweets about them.

Comcast tweeted back at me almost immediately, and the guy on twitter ran a bunch of tests... blah blah blah... couldn't figure it out and the next morning (it was like 9pm at this point) I got a call from a very nice person in "Comcast Executive Customer Care" who gave me their direct number, followed up by direct email with that person. They couldn't solve the problem and eventually cancelled my service.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-07-16, 18:22

Hat's off to this comcrap guy. It's a load of horseshit, but his job is retention and goddamnit if he's not doing it! Here's to you aggressive customer service guy  Guy calls Comcast to stop service, Comcast rep gets aggressive 1486952199
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down