Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How’d you do on your taxes this year?

+17
Heat Miser
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
MSU addict
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Da Mayor
Rocinante
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How’d you do on your taxes this year? Empty How’d you do on your taxes this year?

Post by Rocinante Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 23:15

Owed 380.

Wah wah waaaaahhhh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How’d you do on your taxes this year? Empty Re: How’d you do on your taxes this year?

Post by Da Mayor Tue 17 Apr 2018 - 23:25

$4500+ back, bros How’d you do on your taxes this year? 2809484752
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How’d you do on your taxes this year? Empty Re: How’d you do on your taxes this year?

Post by DWags Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 5:48

Is it a good thing that the government has been holding a couple grand of yours for a while, or is it better you owe money cause you’ve been holding some of theirs for a while? Coming out near even us usually optimal for the dwags house.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 6:44

Da Mayor wrote:$4500+ back, bros How’d you do on your taxes this year? 2809484752

I think you're doing it wrong.

I paid about $400 after my $100 state refund.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:11

Both state and federal together gave me about $750 total back.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:27

I owed about 740. When is this tax reform supposed to benefit us?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:34

steveschneider wrote:I owed about 740. When is this tax reform supposed to benefit us?

Never, Steve. It was never about "us".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:44

DWags wrote:Is it a good thing that the government has been holding a couple grand of yours for a while, or is it better you owe money cause you’ve been holding some of theirs for a while?  Coming out near even us usually optimal for the dwags house.
Depends on if you have the ability to actually save money on your own dwags. If you can’t (and most Americans can’t) then maybe the forced savings account isn’t so bad. If you can save your own money without spending it on twinkies or whatever the fuck then yeah you’re better off getting your own money a year ago.

As for me, most of the money I get back will come from Detroit as I only work there once a week but they take the full 1.5% city tax anyway. Which is fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:$4500+ back, bros How’d you do on your taxes this year? 2809484752

I'm sorry you're too poor to have deductions.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:48

Da Mayor wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm sorry you like having the U.S. Treasury manage your money for 12 months.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Don’t be sorry Floyd it’s not a bad thing if he can’t save money. Let’s not act like snobs. Some people need someone else to do it for them, and that’s fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:51

I have no idea who it works, but my wife always makes sure we break even.. which we pretty much did this year (according to her).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:54

Wasting money bro.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 7:57

About broke even this year.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have no idea who it works, but my wife always makes sure we break even.. which we pretty much did this year (according to her).

Poor Bob....once she divorces him and absconds with the $$.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have no idea who it works, but my wife always makes sure we break even.. which we pretty much did this year (according to her).

Poor Bob....once she divorces him and absconds with the $$.....
How’d you do on your taxes this year? 502811600

I know, man.. I do my best to make myself fairly indispensable around the house, but ya never know.

Shocked How’d you do on your taxes this year? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:17

Da Mayor wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Down wit da EIC bro?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Is it a good thing that the government has been holding a couple grand of yours for a while, or is it better you owe money cause you’ve been holding some of theirs for a while?  Coming out near even us usually optimal for the dwags house.
Depends on if you have the ability to actually save money on your own dwags. If you can’t (and most Americans can’t) then maybe the forced savings account isn’t so bad. If you can save your own money without spending it on twinkies or whatever the fuck then yeah you’re better off getting your own money a year ago.

As for me, most of the money I get back will come from Detroit as I only work there once a week but they take the full 1.5% city tax anyway. Which is fine.

When my wife lobbied for natural gas her office was in the rencen, she’d be out traveling 3 days a week. She’d have to keep track of that. I always wondered about baseball players. Do they do that? Do visiting players have to pay that 1.5% per game?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:26

DWags wrote:

When my wife lobbied for natural gas her office was in the rencen, she’d be out traveling 3 days a week. She’d have to keep track of that. I always wondered about baseball players. Do they do that? Do visiting players have to pay that 1.5% per game?

Yes. And in many cities it's worse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:27

steveschneider wrote:I owed about 740. When is this tax reform supposed to benefit us?

Sorry Steve, something went awry for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 8:52

We're getting a little back, which is nice, because new furnace goes in on Friday.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Don’t be sorry Floyd it’s not a bad thing if he can’t save money. Let’s not act like snobs. Some people need someone else to do it for them, and that’s fine.

I'm sorry $4500 is a lot of money for you to have tied up, bros.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:12

Da Mayor wrote:

You dumb bro?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:18

Da Mayor wrote:

Backpeddling
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:20

Da Mayor wrote:

Backpeddling

2Jealous
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:21

Da Mayor wrote:

Backpeddling

How’d you do on your taxes this year? 3140099

;-) pedaling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Backpeddling

;-)  pedaling.
Whatever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Backpeddling

;-) pedaling.

Imma donate part of my $4500 to Travis's literacy fund.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 9:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Never, Steve. It was never about "us".

It was for some of us How’d you do on your taxes this year? 2809484752
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 12:39

Got back a lot, putting it toward a Disney trip. Fml.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 12:44

y2kMgrad wrote:Got back a lot, putting it toward a Disney trip. Fml.
that is my idea of a pure living, breathing hell.

Thoughts and prayers with you, brah.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 12:44

y2kMgrad wrote:Got back a lot, putting it toward a Disney trip. Fml.

Maybe you need to claim more deductions. Not getting that check is a great excuse for not going to Disney.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 12:59

$5,800 refund.  

Wife is self-employed so we always pay in 110% of our prior year liability - her income varies a lot.  We have owed as much as $30,000 with our federal return.  She is doing really well this year (she already made more than last year) even after the tax cuts we are going to owe a chunk when we file next year.

Edit:  FWIW, she has a $20,000 commission check coming next month.  She says we are taking our 4 year-old daughter to Disney (for the 4th time).

Last edited by MSU addict on Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:06; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:02

MSU addict wrote:$5,800 refund.  

Wife is self-employed so we always pay in 110% of our prior year liability - her income varies a lot.  We have owed as much as $30,000 with our federal return.  She is doing really well this year (she already made more than last year) even after the tax cuts we are going to owe a chunk when we file next year.

Edit: FWIW, she has a $20,000 check commission coming next month. She says we are taking our 4 year-old daughter to Disney (for the 4th time).
it's not too late to start divorce proceedings.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:$5,800 refund.  

Edit: FWIW, she has a $20,000 check commission coming next month. She says we are taking our 4 year-old daughter to Disney (for the 4th time).
it's not too late to start divorce proceedings.

Fortunately she usually goes without me. She goes with her sister and her sisters kids (married to an orthopedic surgeon). I have only been once in those four years.

I do not love Disney.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:13

How’d you do on your taxes this year? 77f9feef-6e04-4d42-a68f-43007da39209-banner

My wife and I are both on the fuck Disney train. Everything I have ever heard just sounds completely horrible. Our kid is going to vacation in the UP and like it dammit!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:My wife and I are both on the fuck Disney train. Everything I have ever heard just sounds completely horrible. Our kid is going to vacation in the UP and like it dammit!
I do not love the place, but honestly I think everyone should experience it at least once with their kids. Everything is very well done and other than the relative expense it is not a bad vacation. But it is not the be all end all vacation that some people think that it is.

My wife's family went a lot when they were kids and she enjoys it on another level.

I grew up poor, bro.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:23

We got back something around $6500 I think. We never know what my wife is going to make and since she's hourly and switches back and forth from part time to full time they take different amounts out of her check. I've found though that it helps to pay off the car, so we should have it paid off in 3.5 - 4 years.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How’d you do on your taxes this year? 77f9feef-6e04-4d42-a68f-43007da39209-banner

My wife and I are both on the fuck Disney train. Everything I have ever heard just sounds completely horrible. Our kid is going to vacation in the UP and like it dammit!
Your kid is going to grow up hating you and end up moving to FL.
I had to do the vacations you are doing with my parents.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 13:29

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's not too late to start divorce proceedings.

Fortunately she usually goes without me. She goes with her sister and her sisters kids (married to an orthopedic surgeon). I have only been once in those four years.

I do not love Disney.
that's good to hear.. yeah, I've never been to Disney.. but I imagine it being hot, crowded.. and a bunch of people walking around wearing sandals with cotton candy juice running down their face.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next