Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How’d you do on your taxes this year?

+17
Heat Miser
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
MSU addict
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Da Mayor
Rocinante
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: How’d you do on your taxes this year?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-18, 13:33

InTenSity wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 77f9feef-6e04-4d42-a68f-43007da39209-banner

My wife and I are both on the fuck Disney train. Everything I have ever heard just sounds completely horrible. Our kid is going to vacation in the UP and like it dammit!
Your kid is going to grow up hating you and end up moving to FL.
I had to do the vacations you are doing with my parents.

Not everyone hates Michigan. I did the same trip as a kid (Pictured Rocks, Tahquamenon Falls, crossing the bridge) and loved the UP.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: How’d you do on your taxes this year?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-18, 13:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Not everyone hates Michigan. I did the same trip as a kid (Pictured Rocks, Tahquamenon Falls, crossing the bridge) and loved the UP.
Yeah but you’re a trash human being all around so
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-04-18, 13:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I don't hate MI. I come back once a year, usually in August. Go up near Traverse. Then I'm good for another year. I just got bored being in nature.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-18, 13:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Fortunately she usually goes without me.  She goes with her sister and her sisters kids (married to an orthopedic surgeon).  I have only been once in those four years.

I do not love Disney.  
that's good to hear.. yeah, I've never been to Disney.. but I imagine it being hot, crowded.. and a bunch of people walking around wearing sandals with cotton candy juice running down their face.
The heat and the crowds really do differ depending on the time of year.

What gets to me is the number of foreigners.  I have lived in a foreign country, so I do have some empathy.  But people from different cultures have different norms about personal space, cutting in line, etc.  

When we were there last time my wife mentioned "why can't people walk on the right side of the road."  To which I replied, "for nearly half the people here - you are the one walking on the wrong side of the road."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-18, 13:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Want to know the reason why everyone hates you? It starts with this post right here. Why don't you do everyone a favor and quit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-18, 13:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Want to know the reason why everyone hates you? It starts with this post right here. Why don't you do everyone a favor and quit.
Lol that the best you got chicken? Come on chicken. Come at me.

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 OSvEow8
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-18, 14:01

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
that's good to hear.. yeah, I've never been to Disney.. but I imagine it being hot, crowded.. and a bunch of people walking around wearing sandals with cotton candy juice running down their face.

What gets to me is the number of foreigners.  I have lived in a foreign country, so I do have some empathy.  But people from different cultures have different norms about personal space, cutting in line, etc.  

When we were there last time my wife mentioned "why can't people walk on the right side of the road."  To which I replied, "for nearly half the people here - you are the one walking on the wrong side of the road."
How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 502811600

it's true - I work with an international population from time to time, as well - so it is very apparent that social norms, customs, etc can present themselves differently, depending on a particular situation.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-18, 14:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 Tumblr_m9es3xnGn31qaphur

Look at Travis the Message Board killer trying to act all tough. No one is buying your act dude. Get your life in order.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-18, 14:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Look at Travis the Message Board killer trying to act all tough. No one is buying your act dude. Get your life in order.
Wow. Harsh dude. Take it in a little bit okay? Calm down.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-18, 14:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Cut off your dick and shove it up your ass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-04-18, 14:22

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-18, 14:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-18, 14:49

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, there were a couple of high congestion spots where they had Disney employees out there with signs that read "Keep Right", and telling people to keep right if they didn't see the signs.

I don't mind Disney. I just go with the flow. In fact, I kind of like the diversity. People are people, even UM fans. Disney is kind of a great equalizer. I don't care how rich you are, or if you had to collect cans for 20 years to pay for the trip, you have to wait in the same lines. Granted, the mega ballers like most of you guys, can add $2800+ to your day ($400/hour, 7 hour minimum) for the VIP treatment, where you get a guide with you all day and can go to the Fast Pass lines automatically. But those of you who have been there know, Fast Pass lines can still sometimes be 15-20 minute waits, and you're still standing next to other regular folks, body odor and all. The only exceptions are famous celebrities. Walt built in a special system for them back when he opened Disneyland. This is to avoid the chaos and infringement on everyone else's day that would come with a star waiting in line, with everyone wanting to see them, get a picture, etc. So they have back doors to the rides that they can go through and go straight to the line. But if you're just an average mutli-billionaire that isn't going to draw swarms of fans, you still have to wait in the Fast Pass lines.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-04-18, 15:51

Speaking of Disney. I found out because of my son, we can sign up for fast pass at the rides. One at a time only and we have to wait the time, but we don't have to wait in line.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-04-18, 16:18

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Fortunately she usually goes without me.  She goes with her sister and her sisters kids (married to an orthopedic surgeon).  I have only been once in those four years.

I do not love Disney.  

I'm the opposite. The problem for me with Disney & the like is they're generally filled with obese, loud, obnoxious Americans & their undisciplined little monsters.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-09, 16:34

These tax cuts were a fucking joke. Paid $1500 more over the year, getting back $2000 less. My itemized deductions would have been higher this year than last year as well. Made a little more than last year, so maybe that's offsetting it. Either way I see no reason to donate to non-profits anymore. There is no tax break, I'm not going to donate $5000 to get one either. One of my neighbors said their return is much lower than previous years.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-02-09, 16:47

Looking forward to hearing from all the Swill peeps as you file your 1040EZ.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-09, 17:17

InTenSity wrote:These tax cuts were a fucking joke. Paid $1500 more over the year, getting back $2000 less. My itemized deductions would have been higher this year than last year as well. Made a little more than last year, so maybe that's offsetting it. Either way I see no reason to donate to non-profits anymore. There is no tax break, I'm not going to donate $5000 to get one either. One of my neighbors said their return is much lower than previous years.

I’m hearing a lot of stories like this so far. I’m expecting ours to be worse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-09, 19:54

Paid about $2000 less per month. So far just punching in the numbers, it looks like I'll get back a couple of hundred bucks. Which is perfect since I hate to give the government an interest free loan.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-09, 19:55

tTito wrote:Looking forward to hearing from all the Swill peeps as you file your 1040EZ.

lol!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-09, 19:56

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:These tax cuts were a fucking joke. Paid $1500 more over the year, getting back $2000 less. My itemized deductions would have been higher this year than last year as well. Made a little more than last year, so maybe that's offsetting it. Either way I see no reason to donate to non-profits anymore. There is no tax break, I'm not going to donate $5000 to get one either. One of my neighbors said their return is much lower than previous years.

I’m hearing a lot of stories like this so far. I’m expecting ours to be worse.

Yeah, from conservative friends and liberal friends. I’m thinking about 70% are getting hit. I’ll find out in a couple weeks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-02-09, 19:58

tTito wrote:Looking forward to hearing from all the Swill peeps as you file your 1040EZ.
You are a real tax pro - 1040EZ no longer exists.

We owe just over $18,000 to the IRS and about $3,200 to the State of Michigan.  The wife had a good year.

EDIT:  The amount we owe has nothing to do with the new tax law.  We saved over 3,000 due to the changes.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-02-09, 20:37

The long term effects on charitable contributions due to the tax scam will be devastating to that industry IMHO.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-09, 21:00

Heat Miser wrote:

The long term effects on charitable contributions due to the tax scam will be devastating to that industry IMHO.

Noted.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-02-09, 21:04

Came out slightly better than last year.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-09, 21:05

IRS reports average refund is down 8.4% this year, but there’s only one week of refunds to report on so far.
https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/02/08/average-tax-refund-down-1158440

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-09, 21:09

Make sure you guys are claiming Goose, Anti, tTy, and tDude. Are are eligible as charitable education credits.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-09, 21:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I miss this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-09, 21:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I miss this.

It’s your own fault. If Travis did what you said to do, he could have only done it once.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-10, 09:10

tGreenWay wrote:IRS reports average refund is down 8.4% this year, but there’s only one week of refunds to report on so far.

tBin ... Cause I want to comment properly.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-10, 09:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I miss this.

It’s your own fault. If Travis did what you said to do, he could have only done it once.

Pretty sure he didn't follow my reccomendation.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-10, 09:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:IRS reports average refund is down 8.4% this year, but there’s only one week of refunds to report on so far.

tBin ... Cause I want to comment properly.

I’ll go there, Republicans raise taxes too. Our property taxes went up $130 this year and the guy that’s responsible for the hike was a Republican. This myth that its one side that raises them needs to stop.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-10, 09:43

Also, this tax cut was for the wealthy and we are paying for it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-02-10, 17:34

MSU addict wrote:
You are a real tax pro - 1040EZ no longer exists.

There was one?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-10, 20:31

steveschneider wrote:Also, this tax cut was for the wealthy and we are paying for it.
And, really... Anyone who thought tax charts directed by trump would be accurate or beneficial to them in the long run... Is, well... Something.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-11, 23:41

If you are fortunate enough to have a good income and purchased a nice home its great.

But if you are unfortunate enough to live in a state that has high property taxes that $15,000-$20,000 deduction you took for 2017 is now limited to $10,000.  

My nephew in NoCal is taking it on the shorts.  Conversely my sibling also in NoCal whose family started a business are taking full advantage of the new tax laws for corporations.  

If at all possible the key is create a company.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-30, 15:34

Study Finds Trump Tax Cuts Failed to Do Anything But Give Rich People Money

The biggest effect of the Trump tax cuts is obvious: People who own businesses and other sources of concentrated wealth will have a lot more money, and the federal budget will have less. But the advocates of the tax cuts insisted it wasn’t about letting the makers keep their hard-earned money rather than handing it over to the takers. It was about incentivizing business to repatriate funds and ramp up its investments, thereby increasing growth and wages.

The Congressional Research Service, a kind of in-house think tank for Congress, has a new paper analyzing the effects of the Trump tax cuts. It finds that none of those secondary effects have materialized. Growth has not increased above the pre-tax-cut trend. Neither have wages. After a brief and much smaller than expected bump, repatriated corporate cash from abroad has leveled off.

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 Surprise%2Bgomer
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-30, 15:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:Study Finds Trump Tax Cuts Failed to Do Anything But Give Rich People Money

The biggest effect of the Trump tax cuts is obvious: People who own businesses and other sources of concentrated wealth will have a lot more money, and the federal budget will have less. But the advocates of the tax cuts insisted it wasn’t about letting the makers keep their hard-earned money rather than handing it over to the takers. It was about incentivizing business to repatriate funds and ramp up its investments, thereby increasing growth and wages.

The Congressional Research Service, a kind of in-house think tank for Congress, has a new paper analyzing the effects of the Trump tax cuts. It finds that none of those secondary effects have materialized. Growth has not increased above the pre-tax-cut trend. Neither have wages. After a brief and much smaller than expected bump, repatriated corporate cash from abroad has leveled off.

How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 Surprise%2Bgomer
shocking turn of events..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-18, 09:47

Big businesses did quite well. How’d you do on your taxes this year? - Page 2 502811600

Big businesses paying even less than expected under GOP tax law

The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

Analysts agree they can’t yet explain the decline in corporate tax payments.

They have a host of theories though, such as businesses making wider-than-expected use of the law’s expanded breaks for business investments. It may also be an unexpected side effect of President Donald Trump’s trade wars.

In other words, Trump's team doesn't have the best people if they don't know shit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2