Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..

+2
Rocinante
goodbar
6 posters

Go down

tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  Empty tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 08:31

seems like a good idea for a thread.. tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  2599972566

anyway, Sunday morning I ran into Mateen Cleaves at the Lake Lansing Meijer.. tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  Empty Re: tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-16, 08:32

I used to see Mike Peplowski at Revere's all the time.

I sat next to Jace Sayler for the Nebraska game the year that Maxwell was the starter. He let me try on his Super Bowl ring from the Patriots.

Sat in the same row as Lorenzo White for the Wisconsin hail mary game. Didn't see him till everyone was leaving. Gave him a high five as we walked past us.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  Empty Re: tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 09:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I used to see Mike Peplowski at Revere's all the time.

I sat next to Jace Sayler for the Nebraska game the year that Maxwell was the starter. He let me try on his Super Bowl ring from the Patriots.

Sat in the same row as Lorenzo White for the Wisconsin hail mary game. Didn't see him till everyone was leaving. Gave him a high five as we walked past us.
I miss Paul Revere's and their big, cheap beers more than I thought I would. I also enjoyed talked with Karen, as well. Good lady.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-16, 10:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I miss Paul Revere's and their big, cheap beers more than I thought I would. I also enjoyed talked with Karen, as well. Good lady.

Kind of surprised nothing has gone in there. The place was sold, I think, and there was talk of an auto store of some kind going in there—not that another one is needed in that area, since there are already 2 or 3.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-05-16, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

i hope they found the cap to my flask when they moved that jukebox out..
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 10:08

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I miss Paul Revere's and their big, cheap beers more than I thought I would. I also enjoyed talked with Karen, as well. Good lady.

Kind of surprised nothing has gone in there. The place was sold, I think, and there was talk of an auto store of some kind going in there—not that another one is needed in that area, since there are already 2 or 3.
when they first sold it, Jim and Karen told me it was gonna be an O'Reilly's Auto Parts (I think that's what it's called) - clearly that fell through, as it was about 3-4 years ago.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-16, 10:57

Disappointed. I thought this was about me at El Az. I guess I’m only a great American.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-16, 11:05

Sounds like we need a "How awesome was Paul Revere's" thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-16, 11:08

DWags wrote:Disappointed. I thought this was about me at El Az. I guess I’m only a great American.

You’re also a great guy to have a beer with. tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  969504605
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-16, 11:16

I fueled and cleaned out Magic's plane multiple times when I worked at the airport. Got a hundred dollar tip from him once around Christmas. This was nearly 20 years ago, mind you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 11:19

DWags wrote:Disappointed. I thought this was about me at El Az. I guess I’m only a great American.
tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  502811600

you were rockin' some nice shorts, as I recall - I think your kids were with you. I remember you guys were carrying a bunch of takeout/leftovers.

I was the guy leaning against the wall with my trademark smirk. Definitely NOT a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-05-16, 11:20

Rocinante wrote:I fueled and cleaned out Magic's plane multiple times

thought maybe this was a metaphor at first..
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 11:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sounds like we need a "How awesome was Paul Revere's" thread.
we're gettin' off track.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-05-16, 11:20

goodbar wrote:

All he'd have to do is ask.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 11:20

Rocinante wrote:I fueled and cleaned out Magic's plane multiple times when I worked at the airport. Got a hundred dollar tip from him once around Christmas. This was nearly 20 years ago, mind you.
that's a pretty fly story.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-16, 11:22

hanging around East Lansing, I run into a bunch of current players.. funny story: I saw Drew Stanton in the fruits/vegetable section a Meijer years ago.. was pretty funny. He had a bottle of wine and looked like he was picking up ingredients for a salad.. clearly he was having a chick over.

he 'sup'd me. I 'sup'd him back. It was kinda one of those "ya have a date, huh?" sorts of acknowledgments.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-16, 11:26

goodbar wrote:

Hmmm... Roc might have some luggage that he can't get rid of now. Too soon?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-05-16, 12:24

goodbar wrote:

tOfficial "I Happened to Run Into a Spartan Great" Thread..  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-16, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I fueled and cleaned out Magic's plane multiple times when I worked at the airport. Got a hundred dollar tip from him once around Christmas. This was nearly 20 years ago, mind you.

that's a pretty fly story.

Pretty fly for a white guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 15:42

Just saw Marcus Taylor at a doctor's office. He wasn't a patient - seemed to be doing pharmaceutical sales/rep stuff.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-23, 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just saw Marcus Taylor at a doctor's office. He wasn't a patient - seemed to be doing pharmaceutical sales/rep stuff.

If he's any good as a sales rep he can make some bank peddling pharmaceutical stuff.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down