Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insanity of Clintons economic plan

+6
Death Roe
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
10 posters

Go down

Insanity of Clintons economic plan Empty Insanity of Clintons economic plan

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-14, 23:38

Basically doubling down on the failed policies of one of the worst economic presidents in our history, Obama.

Tough to really argue this. I know no Clinton supporters will. Will likely namecall though.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/12/insanity-once-more-the-hillary-clinton-economic-plan.html

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Insanity of Clintons economic plan Empty Re: Insanity of Clintons economic plan

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-14, 23:46

Well there are a thousand ways to argue that.... But.... Since we're going to try to glorify this- I like how he decided to mention banks in the first paragraph of his article and then doesn't bring it up a single time thoughtout the rest of it. Interesting stylistic choice that, yeah?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-15, 07:46

On the Benghazi Scale of Outrage, I'm at:

Insanity of Clintons economic plan 1550444538 Insanity of Clintons economic plan 1550444538 Benghazis.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-15, 11:07

The markets, housing construction, auto sales and employment have suffered compared to the previous 8 years.

If we'd only listened to the Von Mies / austerity camps and the US economy could be humming along like the UK's.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-15, 12:23

The article was disappointing. Since I am not particularly fond of Clinton, I opened the link hoping to read a strong and detailed rebuke of Clinton's economic plan. While the article was long on criticism of Clinton's plan, it was short on truth about Trump's plan. The article lost credibility when it when it transitioned into a piece of Trump propaganda.

First there is the issue of deregulation. In Trump's economic plan, he more-or-less promises to wave a magic wand and make regulations disappear. He plans on asking agencies to make lists of regulations, rank them from most important to least important, and then his administration will repeal the least important regulations. Regulatory repeal is more complex than Trump understands, and this seems to contradict your criticisms of Obama as an unilateral executive. However, my favorite part of his plan for deregulation is where he promises to fire bureaucrats who kill jobs and hire new bureaucrats that will create jobs. So deregulation does not involve reducing the size of the bureaucracy, but instead replacing bureaucrats with more bureaucrats?

Second, Trump's tax plan exists side-by-side with massive spending programs. What the article fails to point out is that a Trump administration would likely have to borrow, borrow, and borrow some more. Is this not exactly what you want to move away from? The article criticizes Clinton for proposing too much infrastructure spending while neglecting to mention that Trump proposed we spend nearly double the Clinton plan's suggested $275B. After that, with these across the board tax cuts, how are we going to pay for his plans to increase military spending and the wall? Mexico is not paying for the wall.

Third, his ridiculous trade policies are more harmful than helpful. Yes, the global economy is rigged against the working class. Yet Trump has no idea how to make a real difference. He wants new deals, but we never hear details about what those deals would like. Instead we hear about protectionist policies that would price people out of the market and undermine America's export economy.

Anxiously awaiting a reply of Insanity of Clintons economic plan 502811600 or Insanity of Clintons economic plan 294152859 or scratch

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-08-15, 13:09; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-15, 12:38

Pure ownage by TN.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-08-15, 13:07

Turtleneck wrote:This article was rather disappointing. Since I am not particularly fond of Clinton, I opened the link hoping to read a strong and detailed rebuke of Clinton's economic plan. While the article was long on criticism of Clinton's plan, it was short on truth about Trump's plan. The article lost credibility when it when it transitioned into a piece of Trump propaganda.

First there is the issue of deregulation. In Trump's economic plan, he more-or-less promises to wave a magic wand and make regulations disappear. He plans on asking agencies to make lists of regulations, rank them from most important to least important, and then his administration will repeal the least important regulations. Regulatory repeal is more complex than Trump understands, and this seems to contradict your criticisms of Obama as an unilateral executive. However, my favorite part of his plan for deregulation is where he promises to fire bureaucrats who kill jobs and hire new bureaucrats that will create jobs. So deregulation does not involve reducing the size of the bureaucracy, but instead replacing bureaucrats with more bureaucrats?

Second, Trump's tax plan exists side-by-side with massive spending programs. What the article fails to point out is that a Trump administration would likely have to borrow, borrow, and borrow some more. Is this not exactly what you want to move away from? The article criticizes Clinton for proposing too much infrastructure spending while neglecting to mention that Trump proposed we spend nearly double the Clinton plan's suggested $275B. After that, with these across the board tax cuts, how are we going to pay for his plans to increase military spending and the wall? Mexico is not paying for the wall.

Third, his ridiculous trade policies are more harmful than helpful. Yes, the global economy is rigged against the working class. Yet Trump has no idea how to make a real difference. He wants new deals, but we never hear details about what those deals would like. Instead we hear about protectionist policies that would price people out of the market and undermine America's export economy.

Anxiously awaiting a reply of Insanity of Clintons economic plan 502811600 or Insanity of Clintons economic plan 294152859 or scratch

Razz
you'll get this and like it
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-24, 13:20

The Dude sounded like he wanted to have a conversation but he never replied. Insanity of Clintons economic plan 4177874726
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-24, 14:07

Turtleneck wrote:The Dude sounded like he wanted to have a conversation but he never replied. Insanity of Clintons economic plan 4177874726

Meh, as I look around this thread all I see are boring partisan democratic hacks.  No convo to be had with people that believe in propaganda and outright lies.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-24, 14:13

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:The Dude sounded like he wanted to have a conversation but he never replied. Insanity of Clintons economic plan 4177874726

Meh, as I look around this thread all I see are boring partisan democratic hacks.  No convo to be had with people that believe in propaganda and outright lies.

No ability to offer a substantive response. Got it. No big deal. Substance is not your thing.

Any reading of my posts would tell you I am not a "partisan Democrat," but I know that remark is the first line of defense against any criticism of Trump.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-25, 03:01

When we had folks paying more in taxes and a better distribution of wealth across the 5 quintiles we built interstate highways, sent people to the moon and invested in the future with educating scientists and engineers in US universities.

Now we are importing a lot including scientists and engineers from foreign countries that are willing to invest in undergrad and post grad education while we see the fruits of "fiscal responsibility" cutting support to colleges, shifting the cost of college to students, their families while whining that taxes are too high although they are much lower than they were in the '50's and 60's, even lower than they were in the 90's.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-25, 20:02

Oops! Something went wrong!

Trump's plan would reduce taxes by between $4.4 trillion and $5.9 trillion over 10 years, before taking into account broader effects on the economy, according to an independent analysis. Trump has said he would cut federal spending to make up for the loss of revenue, but most analysts assume the government would have to borrow more money to make up for the taxes not collected.

When governments borrow more, their trade deficits -- the difference between imports and exports -- tend to increase. In a brief analysis recently, Len Burman, director of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, estimated that Trump's tax plan could double the trade deficit.

Predicting the consequences of Trump's policies is difficult, both because the international economy is immensely complicated and because Trump sometimes has been vague and inconsistent about what he would do if elected. In any case, the fact that Trump's proposal for tax relief could increase the trade deficit illustrates an important connection between the federal budget and global commerce.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/22/how-a-trump-presidency-could-give-a-big-advantage-to-chinese-and-mexican-factories/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-29, 21:35

Bump. Still waiting for a substantive reply. OP said he would not get such a reply. He got one and then ducked out.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-04, 22:12

Loose, did you want to get around to defending some of your boy's economic policies?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-04, 22:22

lol, Castle's plan? Does it matter?

Here's what I think - no matter which person gets elected they're cooked economically.

The stock market is due for a correction.
The economy is way overdue for a recession.

Yes we've added jobs for 70some straight months but left out of the touting of that figure is that job growth is 50,000 a month behind last year and last year wasn't fast enough.

6 million people are stuck in part time jobs that want full time jobs (and that's from 538, far from a R site).

94 million working age non participants in the workforce.

Dump a recession and a stock market correction of 3-5000 points on top of that? It'll be a fucking disaster. And let's be honest, a President has VERY little to do with the economy in the very short term. Long term yes.

So - I think that economic news makes either Trump or Hills a 1 term President. Check back in a few years and see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-04, 22:25

LooseGoose wrote:lol, Castle's plan? Does it matter?

Here's what I think - no matter which person gets elected they're cooked economically.

The stock market is due for a correction.
The economy is way overdue for a recession.

Yes we've added jobs for 70some straight months but left out of the touting of that figure is that job growth is 50,000 a month behind last year and last year wasn't fast enough.

6 million people are stuck in part time jobs that want full time jobs (and that's from 538, far from a R site).

94 million working age non participants in the workforce.

Dump a recession and a stock market correction of 3-5000 points on top of that? It'll be a fucking disaster. And let's be honest, a President has VERY little to do with the economy in the very short term. Long term yes.

So - I think that economic news makes either Trump or Hills a 1 term President. Check back in a few years and see.

Can you stop with the Castle BS? We all know you support Trump. You defend Trump every chance you get. Sorry, but people rarely defend those they claim to despise, at least not to the extent you defend Trump.

So, from you answer, you cannot defend Trump's economics. Got it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-04, 22:29

I don't think that Goose really defends trump turtleneck. He just hates Hillary. I've been saying it for awhile, it's just always attack the other side, not defend his own, so it comes off that way..

That probably applies to most of us to some extent. Especially this time of year.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-04, 22:42

Turtleneck wrote:Can you stop with the Castle BS? We all know you support Trump. You defend Trump every chance you get. Sorry, but people rarely defend those they claim to despise, at least not to the extent you defend Trump.

So, from you answer, you cannot defend Trump's economics. Got it.

It's unfortunate that you're incapable of having a civil discussion. Everything with you is D or R. If I don't kiss your bitch's ass then I love Trump. That's weak sauce - OTPT would tell you that but his criticisms all run one way too.

As I said in the post NONE of their "economics" means a fucking thing. The next 4 years are going to suck. And what exactly is Hills going to change from Obama? She's out there criticizing his economy in her speeches with no real alternative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-11-05, 13:51

We can all debate both candidates economic plans. Both may suck, both may work, or one may be beneficial over the other. But recently theres one thing I can't get out of my mind.

Does Trump understand supply and demand? His economic and foreign policy positions spell disaster. For example, he keeps on saying the world is going to have to pay for our protection. does he understand there are other suppliers for protection and advanced military weapons systems? Take Saudi Arabia for example. Whats to stop them from saying, "fuck you Dumb Ass, we'll let Russia supply protection or supply armament. What's that you say Donnie boy? You want us Pakistanis to pony up a few billion? Nah, Russia has us covered and they got some real cool shit on the cheap we'd love to buy and re-sell. Trump will keep up with the four or five trigger sound bites that the big picture challenged right will slurp up. Then when he spends us into oblivion to right the wrong militarily he created, we will be far worse off than we are now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-11-06, 22:59

kingstonlake wrote:We can all debate both candidates economic plans. Both may suck, both may work, or one may be beneficial over the other. But recently theres one thing I can't get out of my mind.

Does Trump understand supply and demand? His economic and foreign policy positions spell disaster. For example, he keeps on saying the world is going to have to pay for our protection. does he understand there are other suppliers for protection and advanced military weapons systems? Take Saudi Arabia for example. Whats to stop them from saying, "fuck you Dumb Ass, we'll let Russia supply protection or supply armament. What's that you say Donnie boy? You want us Pakistanis to pony up a few billion? Nah, Russia has us covered and they got some real cool shit on the cheap we'd love to buy and re-sell. Trump will keep up with the four or five trigger sound bites that the big picture challenged right will slurp up. Then when he spends us into oblivion to right the wrong militarily he created, we will be far worse off than we are now.

Anyone that actually thinks Trump's economic "plan" is going to help is horribly misinformed.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-07, 00:38

This is interesting because I had a Facebook conversation worth a woman I " know" tonight. She posted a racist video about voter ID laws, I presented a lot of evidence that voter id laws are racist, she said I was calling her racist and never addressed the point. This seems to be the m.o. Don't really have facts that back up your stupid statements? Cool. Just call the people disagreeing with you liberals.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-07, 00:39

Rocinante wrote:This is interesting because I had a Facebook conversation worth a woman I " know" tonight. She posted a racist video about voter ID laws, I presented a lot of evidence that voter id laws are racist, she said I was calling her racist and never addressed the point. This seems to be the m.o. Don't really have facts that back up your stupid statements? Cool. Just call the people disagreeing with you liberals.

Fuck you liberal
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-07, 01:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:This is interesting because I had a Facebook conversation worth a woman I " know" tonight. She posted a racist video about voter ID laws, I presented a lot of evidence that voter id laws are racist, she said I was calling her racist and never addressed the point. This seems to be the m.o. Don't really have facts that back up your stupid statements? Cool. Just call the people disagreeing with you liberals.

Fuck you liberal

:(
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down