Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good NYT Opinion piece

+10
NigelUno
steveschneider
Heat Miser
InTenSity
DWags
Cameron
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 Empty Re: Good NYT Opinion piece

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-03, 15:54

NigelUno wrote:Goose?

You kind of lost any credibility when you went down the 'Save the Statues' path.
Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

how about the Nazi kid who wasn't at his school when a bunch of his classmates were murdered.. but, it turns out, he's actually NOT a Nazi and he actually WAS at school. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-03, 16:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Goose?

You kind of lost any credibility when you went down the 'Save the Statues' path.
Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

how about the Nazi kid who wasn't at his school when a bunch of his classmates were murdered.. but, it turns out, he's actually NOT a Nazi and he actually WAS at school.   Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566

He's very fine people.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-03, 18:53

I'm trying to wrap my head around needing to have a definition of what trumpism is. Is it required to criticize his supporters or him? Now Goose I'm in no way saying your a Trump supporter. You've made it clear you're not a supporter lol! You're just a supporter of his conservative style of governing...... No matter how much his style of governing and personal lifestyle is in direct conflict to "traditional" ahem.... conservative values. lol!

Trumpism is easy to define in a word. Hypocrisy....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-04, 09:02

Goose, don't ever get that feeling something isn't right? You feel kinda sick. You can't decsribe it, can't name the illness or desease. You're not a doctor. But you know your body and you know somethings not right?

Just because you can't name the condition doesn't mean your not sick.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-04, 09:05

One way I've heard this era of embarrassing US history described is this.

Trump, and especially his followers, feel that anyone elses success or happiness must have been deducted from them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-04, 18:42

Man it's really crazy you guys how many of us have been manipulated by the media. Seems they got my wife, too. And my parents. And most of my friends. Hopefully the media turns the page and starts to be more honest with all of us and tells us how normal everything is with this administration.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-04, 19:22

I.B. Fine wrote:This place is a total echo chamber, guys.  If you think you can blame everything on one side, you really aren't that aware. The immigration problem really falls directly on Congress, both parties. They are the ones who are supposed to enact legislation and they have failed to do a thing-for decades.
Dems like the idea of a whole new group of voters they can tantalize with govt benefits, while repubs are keeping wages low by bringing in lots of cheap labor.
Meanwhile they all are in one constant election campaign where style counts way more than substance.
Sure, Trump is often a rude obnoxious blowhard, but he actually has accomplished  a fair bit between shoving his foot in his mouth. (I am waiting for any specifics on his racism in office) Despite your criticism of Goose's sources, the point is valid, a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration. His immigration policy is not even really new, and was practiced, though perhaps less aggressively, by Obama, yet Obama could do no wrong in the worshipful press's eyes.
If you ventured out into reality once in a while, explored alternative sources for your information and try to look at both sides, perhaps you would understand that a lot of voters are sick of being told what ignoramuses they are by pompous ass hats.

Oh, and Charles Blow is as big a Trump hater as you'll find, far from 'unbiased', as demonstrated by his one sided view of things in the article.

I've been asking for more conservative people to post here. I encourage you to do so.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-04, 20:05

Thing is, IB throws out the statement “ most Americans agree with the immigration “ policy of Trump. It’s not so. And if we are going to have these debates let’s site sources. I just googled and the best I see is 58% disagree. Maybe he’s talking about something else.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-04, 20:16

DWags wrote:Thing is, IB throws out the statement “ most Americans agree with the immigration “ policy of Trump. It’s not so.  And if we are going to have these debates let’s site sources.  I just googled and the best I see is 58% disagree.   Maybe he’s talking about something else.

I would love to see proper source based debates here. Let's do it for America!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-04, 20:19

Let’s put the “A” back in Merica.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-04, 23:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:Thing is, IB throws out the statement “ most Americans agree with the immigration “ policy of Trump. It’s not so.  And if we are going to have these debates let’s site sources.  I just googled and the best I see is 58% disagree.   Maybe he’s talking about something else.

Are you sure you want to hear from me? Several posts in this thread have informed me I must be a racist bigot, as well as a hypocrite and misogynist.among others., did you know I like to see cops shoot black guys? I didn't either. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566 This place is very informative. Glad all you guys are so friendly and inclusive.

Oh, I found the Havard-Harris poll here Poll

Although American voters are sympathetic to immigrant families being separated at the border, they demand stronger border security and immigration enforcement. Voters do not believe that families ought to be separated when they cross illegally (88%), and they support the Trump administration’s late policy reversal, allowing families to stay together (71%), even if it was done unilaterally through an executive order.
Yes Wags is correct, a majority of people don't like to see children ripped from their mommies, though Trump has discontinued that policy., which 71% are now OK with.

But when you ask about borders and illegal immigration, the majority is for tighter enforcement, like I said earlier.
A majority of voters want immigration reform (73%) and secure borders (76%). Voters also want stricter enforcement of immigration laws (70%). Voters support prosecuting immigrants who cross the border illegally (53%) and sending these immigrants home (64%). A majority (55%) also stand against so-called “catch and release” policies.
Must have just polled all of my racist pals. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 1550444538 You may also note that immigration reform is a Congressional responsibility, isn't that a laugh? Congress actually do something, besides campaign? Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

You know what else is interesting, looking for this poll, if I linked anywhere that reported on it, I would be condemned for using a biased source, yet all the 'unbiased' sources didn't seem to mention this poll. You'd almost thing that news is being tailored to specific audiences, on both sides, sort of 'preaching to the choir' so their viewers/readers are not disheartened enough to look elsewhere. I guess that's OK for most people.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 00:07

Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 D0b86310

Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 B19f7610

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 00:07

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/immigration-polls-donald-trump.amp.html
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 00:09

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/news/395373-poll-majority-of-americans-disapprove-of-trump-on-immigration%3famp
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 00:09

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/07/03/poll-trump-racist-692614
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-05, 07:37

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Are you sure you want to hear from me? Several posts in this thread have informed me I must be a racist bigot, as well as a hypocrite and misogynist.among others., did you know I like to see cops shoot black guys? I didn't either.  Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566 This place is very informative. Glad all you guys are so friendly and inclusive.

Although American voters are sympathetic to immigrant families being separated at the border, they demand stronger border security and immigration enforcement. Voters do not believe that families ought to be separated when they cross illegally (88%), and they support the Trump administration’s late policy reversal, allowing families to stay together (71%), even if it was done unilaterally through an executive order.
Yes Wags is correct, a majority of people don't like to see children ripped from their mommies, though Trump has discontinued that policy., which 71% are now OK with.

But when you ask about borders and illegal immigration, the majority is for tighter enforcement, like I said earlier.
A majority of voters want immigration reform (73%) and secure borders (76%). Voters also want stricter enforcement of immigration laws (70%). Voters support prosecuting immigrants who cross the border illegally (53%) and sending these immigrants home (64%). A majority (55%) also stand against so-called “catch and release” policies.
Must have just polled all of my racist pals. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 1550444538  You may also note that immigration reform is a Congressional responsibility, isn't that a laugh? Congress actually do something, besides campaign? Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

You know what else is interesting, looking for this poll, if I linked anywhere that reported on it, I would be condemned for using a biased source, yet all the 'unbiased' sources didn't seem to mention this poll. You'd almost thing that news is being tailored to specific audiences, on both sides, sort of 'preaching to the choir' so their viewers/readers are not disheartened enough to look elsewhere. I guess that's OK for most people.

Is there any reason you didn't quote this (from the link and poll you provided)?

Only his handling of immigration (46%) failed to reach a new high.

Or does 46% = "a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration"?

Trump math?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-05, 08:18

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Are you sure you want to hear from me? Several posts in this thread have informed me I must be a racist bigot, as well as a hypocrite and misogynist.among others., did you know I like to see cops shoot black guys? I didn't either.  Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566 This place is very informative. Glad all you guys are so friendly and inclusive.

Must have just polled all of my racist pals. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 1550444538  You may also note that immigration reform is a Congressional responsibility, isn't that a laugh? Congress actually do something, besides campaign? Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

Yeah, I tried to tone that shit down once. It went poorly. Par for the course for political banter. I will contend that this place is more friendly than Wells Hall or most other political boards.

I get it though, we're all pretty much assholes here. I for one hope you stick around.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 09:50

Here's another perspective from a very smart guy, non radical conservative leaning guy Victor Davis Hanson. I realize many of you will choose to denigrate NR as a source, but they were against Trump as long as you have, however, they have taken a more rational approach.
The Left Can’t Come to Grips with Loss of Power

....and I have a new avatar to more properly reflect the way I'm seen here. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 55953254
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-07-05, 11:27

I haven’t read anyone’s responses , but I was going to answer Gooses question on what is Trumpism.

So my idea of it, and I think it’s the same as others (perhaps I’m wrong), is not about policy per say. It’s the hatred of people who are different (race, sexual orientation, religion). Different from saying you don’t agree, to let’s punish these people and that hate is ok and good to promote. It’s the narcissist attitude that it’s all about them, and screw everyone else.

Pretty much hatred, intolerance, and anti Science sum it up.

Trumpism does not equal republican . It’s kind of created it’s own party within the party that I think is very toxic.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-05, 11:37

I.B. Fine wrote:Here's another perspective from a very smart guy, non radical conservative leaning guy Victor Davis Hanson. I realize many of you will choose to denigrate NR as a source, but they were against Trump as long as you have, however, they have taken a more rational approach.

....and I have a new avatar to more properly reflect the way I'm seen here. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 55953254

I can agree that most of his policies are strictly Republican. I mean that regardless of what Republican was elected, a lot of the same policy shifts would have taken place. I honestly don't have that much to be upset about regarding his policies. What I can not abide is how he acts like a petulant child pretty much daily. He seems to have no idea how to govern nor does he want to learn. And we are losing influence worldwide with China filling that vacuum. He also changes direction regarding foreign affairs at a moments notice leaving the rest of the world guessing which way the wind will blow from one day to the next. He's alienating out historical allies and cozying up to dictators.

If you boil down my feeling towards Trump it's that he makes me feel embarrassed for our country for the first time in my life. I don't like feeling like this and he can't get out of office soon enough.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-05, 11:44

Oooh, ooh, I want to play. I agree with what others have posted but I'm gonna go a slightly different route. 

Trumpism would seem to imply that one who exhibits it would share the values of Trump. But let's be real. IB/Goose/others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you're conservative (Trump supporter or not) and you're not blind, you realize that Trump's values are not aligned with yours, and that Trump values popularity, himself, and greed. Those are not conservative values, those are Trump values and Trump pushes conservative policy and rhetoric because it helps him gain those things that he personally values. Right? 

So I think my definition of Trumpism is one who blindly follows Trump rhetoric and believes what he espouses.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-05, 11:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Here's another perspective from a very smart guy, non radical conservative leaning guy Victor Davis Hanson. I realize many of you will choose to denigrate NR as a source, but they were against Trump as long as you have, however, they have taken a more rational approach.

I can agree that most of his policies are strictly Republican. I mean that regardless of what Republican was elected, a lot of the same policy shifts would have taken place. I honestly don't have that much to be upset about regarding his policies. What I can not abide is how he acts like a petulant child pretty much daily. He seems to have no idea how to govern nor does he want to learn. And we are losing influence worldwide with China filling that vacuum. He also changes direction regarding foreign affairs at a moments notice leaving the rest of the world guessing which way the wind will blow from one day to the next. He's alienating out historical allies and cozying up to dictators.

If you boil down my feeling towards Trump it's that he makes me feel embarrassed for our country for the first time in my life. I don't like feeling like this and he can't get out of office soon enough.

Yes. And quit talking about how great he's doing. And quit talking about Hillary. And quit talking about the inauguration crowd. And quit using "they say" when making statements.

How about just quit talking and tweeting because that's the only way to stop him from spreading lies. Or at least making statements that aren't factually true.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 12:09

I B here’s what I want to know, because the best man from my wedding also is able to do it. You make a statement that most Americans agree with his handling of immigration and leave out a key stat in your support and somehow, like goose and my best man, it can go unaddressed, yet you can go on like no big deal. And I can’t speak for you, but he makes that statement and will keep believing it no matter what. I read a story that said “trumps base is pretty much unreachable “ and thought it was bullshit, but sometimes I wonder
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 12:57

DWags wrote:I B here’s what I want to know, because the best man from my wedding also is able to do it. You make a statement that most Americans agree with his handling of immigration and leave out a key stat in your support and somehow, like goose and my best man, it can go unaddressed, yet you can go on like no big deal. And I can’t speak for you, but he makes that statement and will keep believing it no matter what. I read a story that said “trumps base is pretty much unreachable “ and thought it was bullshit, but sometimes I wonder

You need to be specific what you are asking. You posted polls about  immigration. We totally need Legal Immigration, we are currently at virtually full employment, everyone agrees we need immigrants-legally. It's a cute little trick to try to conflate legal immigration with illegal immigration when they are 2 very different things.
Our laws relating to immigration are archaic, to be kind, and need to be overhauled, which is Congress's job, not the President's.
The President's job is to enforce the laws that are on the books. Some presidents, like, say Obama, decided which laws to enforce and which they would just ignore and do what they want. Trump, on the other hand, has decided to enforce the laws, not ignore them. I believe (perhaps wishfully) he is hoping to pressure Congress to do their job and revise the laws.
So to answer your question, people can feel he's not doing a good job with immigration, and want stronger immigration at the same time.
Given the media circus over separating families (which has been the law since before Trump) people are unhappy with what's happening. This doesn't mean we should just give up and stop enforcing immigration policy, we need to change the laws to more common sense so the border isn't a clown show.
I'll let you hold your breath waiting for Congress to seriously deal with that issue.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 13:16

Dendrobates wrote:I haven’t read anyone’s responses , but I was going to answer Gooses question on what is Trumpism.

So my idea of it, and I think it’s the same as others (perhaps I’m wrong), is not about policy per say. It’s the hatred of people who are different (race, sexual orientation, religion). Different from saying you don’t agree, to let’s punish these people and that hate is ok and good to promote. It’s the narcissist attitude that it’s all about them, and screw everyone else.

Pretty much hatred, intolerance, and anti Science sum it up.

Trumpism does not equal republican . It’s kind of created it’s own party within the party that I think is very toxic.

I am going to respond here in the spirit of honest discussion. I hear a lot about hatred and racism, yet I am hard pressed to see any specific examples from Trump.
At the border, people are breaking our laws and they are being prosecuted, according to the law, no hate involved. If you don't like laws, tell your Congress person to change them.
I feel like wanting to judge people by 'the content of their character' is a losing battle in this day with so many groups of self proclaimed victims seeking their own special entitlements. You tell them they have the same rights as everyone else, and somehow, that's discriminatory.

As for intolerance, you need to read this thread. There are intolerant people on all sides, suggesting they are only those that support Trump is uninformed.
Try wearing a MAGA hat into your local Starbucks and see how tolerant people are, on second thought, please don't, I 'd hate to see anything happen to you.
Sincerely, your local neighborhood racist, misogynist, hate monger., awaiting my chance to attend re-education camp.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-05, 13:25

I.B. Fine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Are you sure you want to hear from me? Several posts in this thread have informed me I must be a racist bigot, as well as a hypocrite and misogynist.among others., did you know I like to see cops shoot black guys? I didn't either. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 2599972566 This place is very informative. Glad all you guys are so friendly and inclusive.

Must have just polled all of my racist pals. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 1550444538 You may also note that immigration reform is a Congressional responsibility, isn't that a laugh? Congress actually do something, besides campaign? Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 502811600

post all ya want.

Warning: it's no place for snowflakes who are offended by the opinions of others.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 13:30

But what was said was “a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration.” Clearly up to 58% think he’s just not doing well with it.

And yes, we can do better with it. Including realistic asylum trials.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-05, 13:37

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:I B here’s what I want to know, because the best man from my wedding also is able to do it. You make a statement that most Americans agree with his handling of immigration and leave out a key stat in your support and somehow, like goose and my best man, it can go unaddressed, yet you can go on like no big deal. And I can’t speak for you, but he makes that statement and will keep believing it no matter what. I read a story that said “trumps base is pretty much unreachable “ and thought it was bullshit, but sometimes I wonder

You need to be specific what you are asking. You posted polls about  immigration. We totally need Legal Immigration, we are currently at virtually full employment, everyone agrees we need immigrants-legally. It's a cute little trick to try to conflate legal immigration with illegal immigration when they are 2 very different things.
Our laws relating to immigration are archaic, to be kind, and need to be overhauled, which is Congress's job, not the President's.
The President's job is to enforce the laws that are on the books. Some presidents, like, say Obama, decided which laws to enforce and which they would just ignore and do what they want. Trump, on the other hand, has decided to enforce the laws, not ignore them. I believe (perhaps wishfully) he is hoping to pressure Congress to do their job and revise the laws.
So to answer your question, people can feel he's not doing a good job with immigration, and want stronger immigration at the same time.
Given the media circus over separating families (which has been the law since before Trump) people are unhappy with what's happening. This doesn't mean we should just give up and stop enforcing immigration policy, we need to change the laws to more common sense so the border isn't a clown show.
I'll let you hold your breath waiting for Congress to seriously deal with that issue.

There is no law that requires immigrant families to be separated. The decision to charge everyone crossing the border with illegal entry — and the decision to charge asylum seekers in criminal court rather than waiting to see if they qualify for asylum — are both decisions the Trump administration has made.

The people who sheltered Anne Frank were breaking the law. The people who killed her were obeying the law.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-05, 13:46

Heat Miser - droppin' the knowledge.

Bigotry, hate and racism should never be excused.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-05, 13:47

I.B. Fine wrote:

Should I bump that 46% number from the link and poll you provided?

Or are you just not going to address it?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 14:04

Heat Miser wrote:

There is no law that requires immigrant families to be separated. The decision to charge everyone crossing the border with illegal entry — and the decision to charge asylum seekers in criminal court rather than waiting to see if they qualify for asylum — are both decisions the Trump administration has made.

The people who sheltered Anne Frank were breaking the law. The people who killed her were obeying the law.

The Truth about Separating Kids

Oh, and love the Nazi equivalency rhetoric, good work. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 55953254
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 14:06

He doesn’t have to address it Nigel. Same with my best man. It just seems weird. Many can justify the statements they make. Maybe I do that too but it does seem funny to quote that much of a story and specially leave that out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-05, 14:11

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Oh, and love the Nazi equivalency rhetoric, good work. Good NYT Opinion piece - Page 2 55953254

Did you love it when Goose called that high school kid a Nazi?

Did you love it when those guys were chanting Nazi slogans in Charlottesville?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-05, 14:16

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

So why did Trump reverse himself on the family separation thing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 14:16

NigelUno wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

From Quinnipiac:
The poll found that 58 percent of voters disagree with the way Trump handles immigration policy, compared to 39 percent who agree with the president's policies
In light of all the drama about separating families this is not surprising, and as I state above, not inconsistent with wanting better policies and tighter control of legal and illegal immigration.
Again, it's Congress's job to pass the laws.

and thanks again for your tolerance in throwing around those Nazi references. Those never get old..
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 14:20

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

So why did Trump reverse himself on the family separation thing?

Really? didn't you throw out polls about public opinion? The executive order probably wouldn't stand up to a court challenge, but Donny is now a politician after all.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-05, 14:22

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

If that's too rough for you snowflake, segregation was legal too. And Japanese internment camps. There are thousands of stupid laws in this country that go unenforced every day. The "we're just enforcing the law" excuse is just that. You can rationalize it all you want, but it's morally repugnant.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-05, 14:22

I.B. Fine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

From Quinnipiac:
The poll found that 58 percent of voters disagree with the way Trump handles immigration policy, compared to 39 percent who agree with the president's policies
In light of all the drama about separating families this is not surprising, and as I state above, not inconsistent with wanting better policies and tighter control of legal and illegal immigration.
Again, it's Congress's job to pass the laws.

and thanks again for your tolerance in throwing around those Nazi references. Those never get old..

But, you said..."a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration".

Is that true, given the 46% number from the poll/link that you provided?

You seem to have skipped over that (again).

What never gets old? Goose called a high school kid a Nazi (and relayed a pretty big whopper). Guys in Charlottesville chanted Nazi slogans. What does that have to do with my tolerance? I'm not following your logic there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-05, 14:33

Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

If that's too rough for you snowflake, segregation was legal too. And Japanese internment camps. There are thousands of stupid laws in this country that go unenforced every day. The "we're just enforcing the law" excuse is just that. You can rationalize it all you want, but it's morally repugnant.

False equivalencies are fun.
Every day people get arrested throughout the US for breaking laws, their kids end up being 'separated' from them. Trying to illegally break into the country with your minor kids is ignorant, why don't you ask those parents why they put their kids in that position?
If you want asylum their are US consulates all over Central America to apply at, rather than dragging a child through all the way through gangland Mexico to the border. Now that is what I'd call child abuse.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-05, 14:42

I.B. Fine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

False equivalencies are fun.
Every day people get arrested throughout the US for breaking laws, their kids end up being 'separated' from them. Trying to illegally break into the country with your minor kids is ignorant, why don't you ask those parents why they put their kids in that position?
If you want asylum their are US consulates all over Central America to apply at, rather than dragging a child through all the way through gangland Mexico to the border. Now that is what I'd call child abuse.

Victim blaming & whataboutism in one post. Nice work. Did you get those from Hannity, Ingraham, or Coulter?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next