Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really like my pets.....

+13
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Bill Cain
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Cameron
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I really like my pets..... - Page 2 Empty Re: I really like my pets.....

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-11, 09:53

my cat is cooler than 99.78% of people I know.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-07-12, 08:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my cat is cooler than 99.78% of people I know.

This is not surprising. In fact, considering this poster, the people he hangs with are probably not even as cool as an earthworm...............
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-07-12, 08:58

I like dogs but they can be so horribly behaved due to poor owners. Cats are low maintenance and I like their personalities. My cat is more like a dog. Constantly follows me around and sits by me. He's sitting by me while I'm eating breakfast as we speak.

The only dog I would own is a Golden retriever.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-12, 11:56

Death Roe wrote:

I like dogs but they can be so horribly behaved due to poor owners. Cats are low maintenance and I like their personalities. My cat is more like a dog. Constantly follows me around and sits by me. He's sitting by me while I'm eating breakfast as we speak.

yep - my personality is much more in line with that of a cat. Low maintenance, likes to do my own thing.. and if I need something, I'll let ya know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 12:10

Cats are disgusting, disease carrying parasites.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 12:27

I really like my pets..... - Page 2 Funny-10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 12:32

I think what you were trying to do is this.

I really like my pets..... - Page 2 Giphy
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 12:34

Rocinante wrote:I think what you were trying to do is this.

I really like my pets..... - Page 2 Giphy

Freaking gifs....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-12, 13:29

Rocinante wrote:Cats are disgusting, disease carrying parasites.
and the cool thing about them is that they don't care what you think.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 13:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Cats are disgusting, disease carrying parasites.
and the cool thing about them is that they don't care what you think.

The ONLY benefit to a cat in the house is they catch and eat bugs. Not enough to offset the shitting in a box thing though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 13:42

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: and the cool thing about them is that they don't care what you think.

The ONLY benefit to a cat in the house is they catch and eat bugs. Not enough to offset the shitting in a box thing though.

My cat shits outside.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 13:47

kingstonlake wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

My cat shits outside.

So you facilitate passerine murder. Cool.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-07-12, 13:49

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:But do you feel like punching people in the face that call them "fur babies"?

The raised level of status that people have for pets is getting out of control. Bringing them to stores, thunder shirts for storms and fireworks. JFC it's a disposable part of your home that 90% of people will replace within a month of it's death. Get a grip. It's not a human. It licks it's own ass and ball. NTTAWWT.

End rant.

I don’t call my dog my fur baby, but don’t care/get upset when I hear a woman call their pet one. Ive never heard or read of a guy doing it.
However, what would make me want to punch someone in the face, and probably would, is if they said to me most of the rest of what you posted. What a condescending prickish thing to say.

Yea.... agree with this.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-07-12, 13:54

Death Roe wrote:

My cats are pretty cool animals. Mine actually like people and prefer to interact with whomever comes by.

I have a golden retriever too, and she’s such a cool dog. It’s a nice little family that we have.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 14:23

Rocinante wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

My cat shits outside.

Enjoy your chicken tonight...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 15:19

kingstonlake wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Enjoy your chicken tonight...

Enjoy your... false equivalence!!

I really like my pets..... - Page 2 Well-the-Jerk-Store-called-and-theyre-running-out-of-you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 18:47

My cat eats a bird and it's murder?

You eat a chicken and it's.........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 19:02

kingstonlake wrote:My cat eats a bird and it's murder?

So you admit your cat is a murderer.  Progress.

Now just admit that you are an enabler.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 19:23

Rocinante wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:My cat eats a bird and it's murder?

So you admit your cat is a murderer.  Progress.

Now just admit that you are an enabler.

If you tie a bird to a lawn chair by the ankles it's actually quite a scene.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-07-12, 21:28

So, 2 days ago, tWife and kid drive by a corner on a dirt road, and there is a cat there just kind of giving up. They bring it home, and the thing is skin and bones and been in a few scrapes. We are a house of a wide variety of companions (hope companions is ok), and this thing is perfectly cool with it all. I call him Boris Catloff because in his emaciated state, he honestly looks like his namesake.

Yesterday, tSameWife and kid come home from somewhere and find one of our (primarily, not in Winter) outdoor cats lying in the road, the victim of an obvious hit (and run). I don't really hold a grudge for not stopping.

Skull fracture, but all of the organs and brain activity for living seem to be intact. She's breathing normally, but not showing any responsiveness. Kind of a coma type of deal.

We do what we do, and give the animal a proper review and euthanasia by a local vet. We dig an appropriate grave, try to personalize it to the animal (lined with ferns from our forrest), and say our good-byes.

We joke about our "cat quota". It always seems that when one leaves, another soon arrives. But, we've never had it in reverse.

Anyhow, 2 parts to this. My daughter wants to be a vet. A lot of kids want to be a vet, but this kid has "it". She can hold her own emotionally, even when she has an attachment to the animal. When we brought this (hit) cat to the house, she was down on her knees, snapping fingers and looking for a response. The blood from the mouth, the bulging eye, didn't phase her.

And, this isn't the first time. I once ran over one of our cats who was taking a siesta under a vehicle. I couldn't handle it, and RAN to my then 14 year old daughter who immediately went to the animal and tried to assess and give comfort.

So, what's the meaning behind this? Nothing much. I'm proud of my daughter, and I have a really cool, new and very affectionate cat (boy, balls intact) if anybody is looking.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-12, 22:01

SawGreen wrote:So, 2 days ago, tWife and kid drive by a corner on a dirt road, and there is a cat there just kind of giving up. They bring it home, and the thing is skin and bones and been in a few scrapes. We are a house of a wide variety of companions (hope companions is ok), and this thing is perfectly cool with it all. I call him Boris Catloff because in his emaciated state, he honestly looks like his namesake.

Yesterday, tSameWife and kid come home from somewhere and find one of our (primarily, not in Winter) outdoor cats lying in the road, the victim of an obvious hit (and run). I don't really hold a grudge for not stopping.

Skull fracture, but all of the organs and brain activity for living seem to be intact. She's breathing normally, but not showing any responsiveness. Kind of a coma type of deal.

We do what we do, and give the animal a proper review and euthanasia by a local vet. We dig an appropriate grave, try to personalize it to the animal (lined with ferns from our forrest), and say our good-byes.

We joke about our "cat quota". It always seems that when one leaves, another soon arrives. But, we've never had it in reverse.

Anyhow, 2 parts to this. My daughter wants to be a vet. A lot of kids want to be a vet, but this kid has "it". She can hold her own emotionally, even when she has an attachment to the animal. When we brought this (hit) cat to the house, she was down on her knees, snapping fingers and looking for a response. The blood from the mouth, the bulging eye, didn't phase her.

And, this isn't the first time. I once ran over one of our cats who was taking a siesta under a vehicle. I couldn't handle it, and RAN to my then 14 year old daughter who immediately went to the animal and tried to assess and give comfort.

So, what's the meaning behind this? Nothing much. I'm proud of my daughter, and I have a really cool, new and very affectionate cat (boy, balls intact) if anybody is looking.

Great story. Your daughter seems like she's gonna excel at whatever path she chooses.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 22:19

SawGreen wrote:So, 2 days ago, tWife and kid drive by a corner on a dirt road, and there is a cat there just kind of giving up. They bring it home, and the thing is skin and bones and been in a few scrapes. We are a house of a wide variety of companions (hope companions is ok), and this thing is perfectly cool with it all. I call him Boris Catloff because in his emaciated state, he honestly looks like his namesake.

You do realize the new cat pushed the other one into traffic, right?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2