Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday

+18
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
SawGreen
Heat Miser
DWags
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday Empty MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-13, 22:56

Weird. How do you name an AD before you have a President?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday Empty Re: MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-13, 23:20

Does he approve of tailgating and other sins?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday Empty Re: MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-14, 00:18

#1 priority for new AD - fights for your right to party.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-07-14, 00:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Weird. How do you name an AD before you have a President?
I can see why they are. It gives the current board some say in the direction of the athletic department (whether you agree or disagree with them doing anything, you can bet that is why they are naming him now). With the scrutiny that the hiring of the President will get, who knows what's going to happen and what their feelings on athletics will be. While he/she could fire Beekman, I doubt they will do that right away unless there is some strong justification.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-14, 01:57

Anybody know anything about this guy?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-14, 06:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:#1 priority for new AD - fights for your right to party.

He’ll never do this and we will be light years behind .... as usual

Oklahoma State will join two other schools selling beer in their stadium.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-14, 07:50

Glad we held out on the uofm night game too
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-14, 08:37

Look, let’s all agree MSU will never make the game day experience great for fans and alumni. If this new guys throws out five or ten more port-a-potties I’ll be pleasantly surprised
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-14, 15:24

tGreenWay wrote:Anybody know anything about this guy?

No athletic management experience. Hope he's a short termer. I'm guessing no one in demand would take the job before a permanent president is named.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-07-14, 16:10

Sad thing that I didn't even know the meaning of until my late teens. I grew up near Lansing, and school kids used to label kids "beekmans" (meaning mentally retarded) when I was in grade school because of the association with the Beekman Center.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-14, 17:16

Heat Miser wrote:

No athletic management experience. Hope he's a short termer. I'm guessing no one in demand would take the job before a permanent president is named.

That makes the most sense, Heat. The next long term AD will be likely be charged with making massive decisions on replacements for when TI and MD eventually retire.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-14, 17:35

I wondered what the guy had been up to lately.

MSU to name Beekman new permanent AD on Monday Beekma10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-07-14, 17:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:I wondered what the guy had been up to lately.

I think the guy on the left is in jail?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-07-14, 17:49

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I wondered what the guy had been up to lately.

I think the guy on the left is in jail?

Never did any time, actually. Parole and sex registry.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-14, 21:47

One of the few people not to step on their dick during this whole mess. Sounds good to me.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-14, 21:56

Harns said he did some digging today and he is told that this is not a "temporary" permanent hire but I have some doubts about that. When they get a new Prez in that may change. 

I think it's probably a good thing to appoint someone right now to help take some bullets that are probably coming and not leave D/Iz on an island with no AD support. And I hear the criticism that outside voices are needed but I think that if you need someone in there right now, an internal hire and continuity, and as Nordy said someone who hasn't royally fucked things up, probably a good thing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-16, 12:32

MSU taking a beating again in the press and on the social media circuit for hiring from "within".
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-16, 13:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU taking a beating again in the press and on the social media circuit for hiring from "within".

I’m at the “I just don’t give a fuck what they say” point.

We could hire Marilee Dean Baker and she could have three victims as her assistants and we’d be critiqued for not putting Paula Lavign and Dan Murphy on the staff.

Fuck the torpedoes from here on out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-16, 13:53

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU taking a beating again in the press and on the social media circuit for hiring from "within".

I’m at the “I just don’t give a fuck what they say” point.

We could hire Marilee Dean Baker and she could have three victims as her assistants and we’d be critiqued for not putting Paula Lavign and Dan Murphy on the staff.

Fuck the torpedoes from here on out.
this - there is a certain very vocal percentage that will never, ever - under any circumstances - be happy with anything.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-16, 14:29

Who doesn’t take a beating on social media? Fucking losers.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-16, 17:26

Pretty interesting perspective. I don’t follow this shit closely enough but his ties to the current board of trustees (which has been a complete shit show) could be a concern.

https://twitter.com/justin4msu/status/1018911439300517888
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-07-17, 13:43

WKAR AM 1pm sportscast just played audio from the BOT meeting and then and interview with Beekman.

I certainly want Beekman to succeed, but to listen to the BOT meeting (and you should if they archive it) it is anything but a deep look at finding an AD. He served with the BOT for years as secretary, and the optics of promising to do a national search and stating that there were no internal candidates considered makes Engler and the BOT look like idiots or liars.

I would think that todays show will be available here, later today or tomorrow.
http://wkar.org/programs/current-sports-al-martin

I've read Harnes take on hiring - https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/07/16/opportunity-missed-spartan-stakeholders-wanted-an-outside-athletic-director-to-re-establish-trust-belief/

My biggest concern is that if the BOT can unanimously support hiring Beekman because he understands MSU and has done a great job, then what is to stop them from making the same assessment and naming Engler as permanent President???
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-17, 14:09

Wally Fairway wrote:WKAR AM 1pm sportscast just played audio from the BOT meeting and then and interview with Beekman.

I certainly want Beekman to succeed, but to listen to the BOT meeting (and you should if they archive it) it is anything but a deep look at finding an AD. He served with the BOT for years as secretary, and the optics of promising to do a national search and stating that there were no internal candidates considered makes Engler and the BOT look like idiots or liars.

I would think that todays show will be available here, later today or tomorrow.
http://wkar.org/programs/current-sports-al-martin

I've read Harnes take on hiring - https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/07/16/opportunity-missed-spartan-stakeholders-wanted-an-outside-athletic-director-to-re-establish-trust-belief/

My biggest concern is that if the BOT can unanimously support hiring Beekman because he understands MSU and has done a great job, then what is to stop them from making the same assessment and naming Engler as permanent President???

Thought this was a good take and similar to the points you are making.

https://twitter.com/annaliznichols/status/1019212703158669313

I’m encouraged that there’s some smart people raising their voices and getting involved to make MSU better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-07-17, 15:05

If this is what Izzo and Dantonio want, Then this is a perfect hire.

(until they are gone)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-17, 15:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:If this is what Izzo and Dantonio want, Then this is a perfect hire.

(until they are gone)

I suspect neither wanted an outsider eager to make his(her) mark by hiring a new coach in a major sport.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-07-17, 16:03

Listening to Beekman’s voice in some video i ran across on social media was miserable. Nails on a chalk board that made me want to fall asleep
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-17, 17:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Listening to Beekman’s voice in some video i ran across on social media was miserable. Nails on a chalk board that made me want to fall asleep

Nails on a chalkboard make you want to fall asleep? Is that how your mother would get you to sleep, by dragging her nails on a chalkboard? That same sound makes me cringe, not sleep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-30, 17:41

So Hollis' wife... What's the angle here?

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2020/10/30/nancy-mark-hollis-msu-michigan-state-athletic-director-bill-beekman-larry-nassar/6083202002/
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-10-30, 18:19

No idea. This seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Makes me wonder if there’s been some back room talks going on, aside from the one call w/Byrum. Could be a political move meant to damage BOTS right before the election. Could be an angry wife seeking vengeance for her husband. Or, it could be exactly as she claims; wanting to get the 6,000 pages made public. Revealing those pages could prove Beekman was a part of the problem long before he took over as AD. Or she might think those 6,000 pages might in some way vindicate her husband. Who the hell knows. Please, just make this shit go away.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-30, 20:38

Mrs Hollis has axes to grind and looks to be singling out specific BOT members she’s deemed as disloyal to her husband.

At this point I’m viewing Hollis’ wife as the angry spouse who is really missing the limelight and perks that went with her husband’s job(s) at MSU before the Nassar mess exposed Mark Hollis to be indifferent and tone deaf.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-10-30, 21:20

Not a lot of good things happen behind the scenes on the department
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-08-05, 12:59

Beekman out.

[tw]1423327526013837314[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-08-05, 13:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Beekman out.

[tw]1423327526013837314[/tw]

In other news, MSU set to hire Elgin Bates, father of Emoni Bates, as new AD. 😉
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-08-05, 13:29

MSU News @MSUnews

Bill Beekman, vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics, will be taking on a new role as vice president for strategic initiatives.
esoteric job titles are my favorite.

"yeah, I'm taking another position within the organization.. I'll be the new VP of External Outreach and Strategic Internal Initiatives"..

sounds like kind of a fancy way of saying "they created a job for me because I know where the bodies are buried".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-08-05, 13:30

This free's up room for Izzo to take over the AD. That or Dantonio returning.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-08-05, 13:48

Dantonio is not an athletic director
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-08-05, 13:51

A Message Regarding MSU Athletics Leadership Transition

MSU Athletics wrote:BILL BEEKMAN TO REJOIN UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATIVE TEAM AS VICE PRESIDENT FOR STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Michigan State University President Samuel L. Stanley Jr., M.D. today announced that current Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Bill Beekman will transition back to the university administrative team and a national search will begin for a new athletic director at MSU.

Beekman will become Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, a newly created position, and help implement the university’s efforts to execute the new strategic plan that will be shared with campus this fall. This appointment is pending Board of Trustees approval at its September meeting.

“Bill stepped in to help our athletic department during a time of change and turmoil, and we thank him for that,” Stanley said. “That department is in a better place now and ready to look for long-term leadership to propel us to a new, national- leading level.  And I’m grateful that Bill can return to the administrative group and use his significant skills and institutional knowledge to help coordinate our strategic planning implantation efforts.”

A national search firm will be secured to lead the search for a new athletic director. Next steps regarding the search process will be announced soon. Beekman will continue to lead the athletic department while the search for a new athletic director is underway.

"Long-term leadership". I suspect they'll be looking for someone a bit younger. Alan Haller seems to be the internal front-runner.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-08-05, 14:03

Poor Moose will be so sad.

Hi Moose!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-05, 14:26

[quote="Robert J Sakimano"]
MSU News @MSUnews

sounds like kind of a fancy way of saying "they created a job for me because I know where the bodies are buried".

Funny. I've heard two people who work in the 1855 building use these exact words about Beekman.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-08-05, 14:28

Heat Miser wrote:A Message Regarding MSU Athletics Leadership Transition

MSU Athletics wrote:BILL BEEKMAN TO REJOIN UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATIVE TEAM AS VICE PRESIDENT FOR STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Michigan State University President Samuel L. Stanley Jr., M.D. today announced that current Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Bill Beekman will transition back to the university administrative team and a national search will begin for a new athletic director at MSU.

Beekman will become Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, a newly created position, and help implement the university’s efforts to execute the new strategic plan that will be shared with campus this fall. This appointment is pending Board of Trustees approval at its September meeting.

“Bill stepped in to help our athletic department during a time of change and turmoil, and we thank him for that,” Stanley said. “That department is in a better place now and ready to look for long-term leadership to propel us to a new, national- leading level.  And I’m grateful that Bill can return to the administrative group and use his significant skills and institutional knowledge to help coordinate our strategic planning implantation efforts.”

A national search firm will be secured to lead the search for a new athletic director. Next steps regarding the search process will be announced soon. Beekman will continue to lead the athletic department while the search for a new athletic director is underway.

"Long-term leadership". I suspect they'll be looking for someone a bit younger. Alan Haller seems to be the internal front-runner.

I'd be more than good with Haller. He's a very impressive guy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next