Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Voted Yet??

+11
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have You Voted Yet?? Empty Have You Voted Yet??

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:17 am

1. Gretchen Whitmer
2. Chris Smith
3. Penelope Tsernologuseronglou Cougar Mellencamp Abdul Jabbar
4. Yes on East Lansing tax
5. Yes on the millage for a justice complex facility and expand correctional programming.

Have You Voted Yet?? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Have You Voted Yet?? Empty Re: Have You Voted Yet??

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:1. Gretchen Whitmer
2. Chris Smith
5. Yes on the millage for a justice complex facility and expand correctional programming.

Nice work on getting out to vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:45 am

steveschneider wrote:
2. Chris Smith

thanks, man..

heck, the 18 year old kid set her alarm for 6:30, got up and went with me.. Have You Voted Yet?? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:55 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

thanks, man..

heck, the 18 year old kid set her alarm for 6:30, got up and went with me.. Have You Voted Yet?? 969504605

From all that I’ve read millennial women and minorities are expected to play a huge part in delivering the blue wave in November. I buy into Steve Schmidt’s argument that this is the most important midterm of our lives.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am

Absentee
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 am

Twice now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: thanks, man..

From all that I’ve read millennial women and minorities are expected to play a huge part in delivering the blue wave in November. I buy into Steve Schmidt’s argument that this is the most important midterm of our lives.
let's hope.. I have my doubts about this purported "blue wave" in November..

but, yeah, if 18-34 year old women and minorities get out and vote, it could spell trouble for the racist, misogynistic GOP.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:06 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Absentee
Have You Voted Yet?? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:06 am

DWags wrote:Twice now.
we'll start calling you "Jimmy Two Times"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

but, yeah, if 18-34 year old women and minorities get out and vote, it could spell trouble for the racist, misogynistic GOP.

A good indicator on how things will go is to see if there is an increse in voter turnout for your primary. Our number was way up and it's reasonable for me to speculate the Republican in my district is toast.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

A good indicator on how things will go is to see if there is an increse in voter turnout for your primary. Our number was way up and it's reasonable for me to speculate the Republican in my district is toast.
yeah, we'll see.. I voted this morning and threw my ballot into the machine around 7:20 am or so (polls opened at 7:00)... I was (I think) the 35th ballot - which seems like a lot for a midterm primary.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 am

Using my real name in my home district.

I voted using Juan Valdez at several other polling places and tied my donkey to the flag pole.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Using my real name in my home district.

I voted using Juan Valdez at several other polling places and tied my donkey to the flag pole.
Have You Voted Yet?? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Using my real name in my home district.

Goose will forward this post to Alex Jones & Co. as proof of voter fraud & it'll go viral with the wingnuts within 24 hours.

Also, MI needs to get it's shit together & allow vote by mail.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 am

Soooo.... voting this afternoon. Will definitely vote Dem in Nov. Don't really have a preference on which one for gov.

Hate everything Bill Schuette stands for. Evil vile bastard puke.

So, I think I'm going to vote as a "republican" in the primary (probably Calley) just as an attempt to get that tool off the ballot...

Will them mfkrs start carpet bombing me with their propaganda? Cold calls? Will my car radio only tune into AM talk? What am I getting myself into?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Soooo.... voting this afternoon. Will definitely vote Dem in Nov. Don't really have a preference on which one for gov.

So, I think I'm going to vote as a "republican" in the primary (probably Calley) just as an attempt to get that tool off the ballot...

Will them mfkrs start carpet bombing me with their propaganda? Cold calls? Will my car radio only tune into AM talk? What am I getting myself into?
Schuette definitely is a  vile, disgusting human being.

if you vote Republican in the primary, you'll get 10% off your next bill at Divorces-R-Us (they're building a drive-thru - supposed to be finished by election day), a free shower at the local truck stop (just ask for the "Family Values Special") and $5 gift card to the Bibles and Biscuits Family Diner off the highway in Hillsdale.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Voted absentee in Michigan so I could hop on the Soros bus this morning that took me to the Ohio 12 race
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:26 pm

I voted this morning. I voted for Gretchen. I personally like El-sayed more, I’m not confident he would beat out he republican side. Im still not thrilled with any of them. 

I always forget about the county stuff. I’m kicking myself for not looking into that.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Does it bother anyone else that you can only vote for 1 party side for this? It really bothers me. Sure, right now I am very democratic focused. So it’s ok. But I do not like having to stick with 1 party for every single thing. I will never agree with everything with any politician. But that doesn’t mean it’s all or none. I might think a republican would be better for governor, and a democratic for senator (not real examples). It should be who I think is best at the time. Not one side vs the other. I get that’s how the times are now, but it should still be an option.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Does it bother anyone else that you can only vote for 1 party side for this? It really bothers me. Sure, right now I am very democratic focused. So it’s ok. But I do not like having to stick with 1 party for every single thing. I will never agree with everything with any politician. But that doesn’t mean it’s all or none. I might think a republican would be better for governor, and a democratic for senator (not real examples). It should be who I think is best at the time. Not one side vs the other. I get that’s how the times are now, but it should still be an option.

Not sure what you mean here. In primaries, in most states you have to be a declared member to vote. In the general you can vote for whoever you want.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 pm

It's why I'm a Republican in Wyoming.  It's the only way I can have any influence over getting someone who's less batshit crazy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Voted for Calley. I went to high school with him. Hell, I shared a limo with him for my senior prom (he was a junior). Decent dude, crazy smart. Probably about a 2% chance of getting the R nod if you believe the polls.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Does it bother anyone else that you can only vote for 1 party side for this? It really bothers me. Sure, right now I am very democratic focused. So it’s ok. But I do not like having to stick with 1 party for every single thing. I will never agree with everything with any politician. But that doesn’t mean it’s all or none. I might think a republican would be better for governor, and a democratic for senator (not real examples). It should be who I think is best at the time. Not one side vs the other. I get that’s how the times are now, but it should still be an option.

Not sure what you mean here. In primaries, in most states you have to be a declared member to vote. In the general you can vote for whoever you want.

Not Michigan... yet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Oh. But you can only vote in one. Got it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 pm

I will do my best to make it before the polls close. I absolutely hate the one-party primary setup and I'll never understand the logic behind it.

I am looking forward to no Shri commercials tomorrow and no Pensler vs. James commercials as well.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Rocinante wrote:Oh. But you can only vote in one. Got it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of not being able to split your ticket either. Wanted to vote R in the governor's race, but wanted to vote D is some other positions.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I will do my best to make it before the polls close. I absolutely hate the one-party primary setup and I'll never understand the logic behind it.

I am looking forward to no Shri commercials tomorrow and no Pensler vs. James commercials as well.
I had never heard of that guy (thankfully) until the last week or so - his commercials were nothing short of white supremacist propaganda. I mean, he wasn't even attempting to hide it. Have You Voted Yet?? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Here's another thing. Who the eff actually calls Michigan "the wolverine state" like Vox did in this article about the Michigan primaries?    Have You Voted Yet?? 901027492

Why Michigan could see the biggest blue wave of all in the 2018 elections
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Soooo.... voting this afternoon. Will definitely vote Dem in Nov. Don't really have a preference on which one for gov.

if you vote Republican in the primary, you'll get 10% off your next bill at Divorces-R-Us (they're building a drive-thru - supposed to be finished by election day), a free shower at the local truck stop (just ask for the "Family Values Special") and $5 gift card to the Bibles and Biscuits Family Diner off the highway in Hillsdale.

Great. And their cold calls... all the cold calls.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:24 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Great. And their cold calls... all the cold calls.

If it's a number I don't recognize I don't answer it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I will do my best to make it before the polls close. I absolutely hate the one-party primary setup and I'll never understand the logic behind it.

I had never heard of that guy (thankfully) until the last week or so - his commercials were nothing short of white supremacist propaganda. I mean, he wasn't even attempting to hide it. Have You Voted Yet?? 502811600

I noted the same. So absurd.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Oh. But you can only vote in one. Got it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of not being able to split your ticket either. Wanted to vote R in the governor's race, but wanted to vote D is some other positions.

Exactly. You may want one different parties for different positions . Because you know, politicians suck and some are less evil than others. Goes on both sides.

It’s irritating as fuck to not be able to pick a person, and only a side. While not a big deal for me now, as it’s all democrat for me. But who knows who will run another time.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Rocinante wrote:

This + gerrymandered districts is how you end up with Tea Party wingnuts.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm

I mean maybe? Gerrymandering is definitely outdated. Districts should be decided with a nonpartisan formulas. There are some good computer models of it. Republicans would never let it happen because then congress would reflect America which would be a lot more left. Parties need to figure themselves out. Open primaries lead to votes that are all over the place.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

This + gerrymandered districts is how you end up with Tea Party wingnuts.

And mainstream politicians like Maxine Waters, Steve Cohen and Ocasio Cortez.

Shri getting waxed so far.

(D)
Abdul El-Sayed
114,337 37%
(D)
Shri Thanedar
41,760 14%
(D)
Gretchen Whitmer
150,229 49%
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 pm

2. Chris Smith

Bob votes more $$ to lock up the Browns. Why am I not surprised?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Bigger lock up for drunk college students who will use daddy and mommy's credit cards to bail them out.

Mo money mo money mo money
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Pretty obvious at this point it's gonna be Schuette and Gretchen. Ok.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Shri stealing to many Abdul votes though
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Also not having split ticket voting is dumb I agree
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next