Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voted. In person.

+15
Jake from State Farm
PennSpartan
RQA
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
Trapper Gus
msugolfguy
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
Cameron
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voted.  In person. Empty Voted. In person.

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 11:41

Just wondering if this is standard everywhere now...

Filled out a form (name, address, DOB, signature). DL was checked against form (and if I looked like my picture).

Then entered voting room at megachurch. DL was scanned and I guess checked that I was registered to vote. Lady kept the form and gave me a card to vote with.

Voted electronically. Ballot was printed when done.

Then gave card to another guy and they scanned/copied my ballot (and made sure the counter on the scanner went up by 1).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Voted.  In person. Empty Re: Voted. In person.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 12:12

voted in person.

Didn't submit a picture ID, completed an affidavit confirming my identity.

It was crowded, poll workers were busy just directing traffic. Overall, took me about 35-40 minutes to get through the process. Was pretty great.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 12:19

Was quick. No real line. Was a cop sitting outside in his cruiser.

I could see how filling out the form might slow things down a bit when/if it gets crowded.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-08, 12:26

Was there at the open. I was in the first 10 as I always am. Pretty average. Once I penetrated the fraise it was no problem. No line behind me.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-11-08, 12:27

Going after work. Kicking myself for not doing the mail-in now. Fucking lazy past Cameron...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 12:27

NigelUno wrote:Was quick. No real line. Was a cop sitting outside in his cruiser.

I could see how filling out the form might slow things down a bit when/if it gets crowded.
the Michigan ballot was pretty lengthy, with proposals on the back.

apparently proposal 3 was the one with English words that some people find confusing. Voted.  In person. 1494614055
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 12:28

Cameron wrote:Going after work. Kicking myself for not doing the mail-in now. Fucking lazy past Cameron...
my wife voted by mail or whatever.. dropped it off at the EL town hall Antifa box.

I like voting in person. Makes me feel more of a part of something.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and msugolfguy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-08, 12:34

I want to get a bunch of yard signs that say PROPOSAL 3 WAS ONLY CONFUSING IF YER STOOPID.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Cameron, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-08, 12:36

I voted for kitty litter in every classroom and mandatory gender reassignment at age 12 despite parental objections.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, AvgMSUJoe and msugolfguy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 12:37

Yeah I just voted in person, was #468 in my relatively small precinct.

I also like to fill out each box rather than clicking on the straight party box, even though I’ll never vote for another Republican as long as I live
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 12:39

I don’t like voting for the judges and stuff when they are running unopposed, so I just abstain. I don’t know who that person is and they could be a complete conservative maniac so I don’t want to give them my vote. But, since they’re unopposed, there really isn’t a point in researching the small local judge to see if I want to vote for them or not. So I just don’t vote at all
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-11-08, 12:45

All of the times that I voted this election, it went pretty smoothly. Voted.  In person. 2599972566
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, Nordic and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 12:48

Motown Spartan wrote:I want to get a bunch of yard signs that say PROPOSAL 3 WAS ONLY CONFUSING IF YER STOOPID.
I'm really hoping proposal 3 passes, 'cause I have a dentist appointment on Monday and I'll need them to do a gender reassignment surgery after my cleaning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and msugolfguy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-08, 13:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I want to get a bunch of yard signs that say PROPOSAL 3 WAS ONLY CONFUSING IF YER STOOPID.
I'm really hoping proposal 3 passes, 'cause I have a dentist appointment on Monday and I'll need them to do a gender reassignment surgery after my cleaning.

I'm telling your mom and dad!!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-08, 13:03

MiamiSpartan wrote:All of the times that I voted this election, it went pretty smoothly. Voted.  In person. 2599972566

Early and often Voted.  In person. 502811600

Like Bob's wife, I dropped mine in local Antifa box a couple of weeks ago. Voting in person is so 19th century.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay and msugolfguy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-11-08, 13:35

I harvested a bunch of ballots off an ANTIFA tree and placed it in the non binary gender box last week. I think that's legal.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 13:45

PSA

In Michigan you can register to vote today at the local clerk's office and vote there via absentee ballot.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-11-08, 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 13:48

NigelUno wrote:Just wondering if this is standard everywhere now...

Filled out a form (name, address, DOB, signature). DL was checked against form (and if I looked like my picture).

Then entered voting room at megachurch. DL was scanned and I guess checked that I was registered to vote. Lady kept the form and gave me a card to vote with.

Then gave card to another guy and they scanned/copied my ballot (and made sure the counter on the scanner went up by 1).

Similar procedure, DL only scanned at the station where they give out the ballot, we have the system where there are paper ballots which are marked by the voter then scanned.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-11-08, 14:48

I dropped off my votes last week at a drop box. Every day I added more and more. They checked my ID and took it in. Verified online they all count.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-11-08, 14:51

InTenSity wrote:I dropped off my votes last week at a drop box. Every day I added more and more. They checked my ID and took it in. Verified online they all count.

You shook the ballot tree as well!
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-08, 15:20

Dropped off the wife's and kid's in the Antifa box... there were some squirrely looking motherfuckers near the box. Started getting worried until I realized the clerk's office shared the parking lot with the dipshit local cops.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-08, 15:40

1st time voter?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 16:00

RQA wrote:

1st time voter?

1st time asshole?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, InTenSity and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 16:08

Voted.  In person. 502811600

2 Johns Creek poll workers fired for ‘questionable social media posts’

In a tweet since shared by social media accounts that have spread election disinformation, Kronen alleged that she and her son were removed “because I posted on Twitter this morning that I was working at the polls to ensure a free and fair election.”

A since-deleted Facebook post appears to show Kronen outside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot.

”I stood up for what’s right today in Washington DC. This election was a sham,” the post states. “Mike Pence is a traitor.”

The post claims Kronen was “tear gassed FOUR times” and that she “stormed the Capitol Building.” Kronen has not been charged with any crime related to Jan. 6.

Kronen has repeatedly praised former President Donald Trump and criticized Democratic officials including President Joe Biden and U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She sells merchandise, including stickers and T-shirts reading “CONSPIRACY THEORIST,” and describes herself on Twitter as a “Conservative,” “Vaccine Virgin” and “Patriot Life Coach.”

She previously posted to Twitter that she and her son officially signed up to be poll workers because Fulton County was featured in Dinesh D’Souza’s disinformation-riddled film “2000 Mules,” which falsely claims the 2020 presidential election had significant voter fraud.

Earlier this week, she responded to reports that the U.S. Justice Department would send federal election monitors to polling sites nationwide and echoed resistance seen in states such as Florida and Missouri.

“So the DOJ thinks they are going to interfere in state elections? Good luck with that. Ain’t happening on my watch and I’m poll working in Fulton County,” Kronen wrote in a tweet.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 16:21

I voted in person this morning. The only requirement is to sign your name. Twice. First when you check in and again when another person hands you a ballot. No ID. Paper ballot that you fill in the oval next to the candidate you choose. Then put it into the machine that tabulates the ballots. Five minute process.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-11-08, 16:57

Voted in person too. Effed up my mail in ballot and I was too lazy to go get another one. They wouldn't let me vote until I gave them the mail in ballot, which I had out in my car. Gave it to them and they handed me another ballot.
I had my wife's mail in ballot with me but they wouldn't take it. Said I had to take it to the drop box so I did that. Got my wife's permission first to take it for her in case there were some goons watching the ballot box and would claim I voted twice, but I'm a male caucasian so that chances of that happening are probably zero.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-11-08, 17:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah I just voted in person, was #468 in my relatively small precinct.

I also like to fill out each box rather than clicking on the straight party box, even though I’ll never vote for another Republican as long as I live

I was 508 in my district. Also voted for all Ds, but did each one individually. I will probably always have an aversion to the straight ticket option, even when it is effectively exactly what I want.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-11-08, 17:39

Why even bother voting? We're a Republic!
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-08, 18:14

Voted in person. Pretty smooth process until they put the 90 year old dude on the computer matching your sign in card to your registration. Line Came to a screeching halt. He was straining to view the screen. It was kinda funny. People were starting to get impatient and the head honcho lady removed him and put him on the scan machine. Bless the old dudes heart for volunteering. Gotta respect that. Voted.  In person. 1f1fa-1f1f8
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:34

kingstonlake wrote:Voted in person. Pretty smooth process until they put the 90 year old dude on the computer matching your sign in card to your registration. Line Came to a screeching halt. He was straining to view the screen. It was kinda funny. People were starting to get impatient and the head honcho lady removed him and put him on the scan machine. Bless the old dudes heart for volunteering. Gotta respect that. Voted.  In person. 1f1fa-1f1f8

Hey!

I resemble that guy, and have been thinking of volunteering as a poll worker.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:36

NigelUno wrote:Was quick. No real line. Was a cop sitting outside in his cruiser.

This bothers me. A police POS sitting at a polling place could be voter supression.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 19:23

For what it’s worth, the worst voting experience I’ve ever had was when I lived in a predominantly African American district. Naturally.

Long ass lines always, but very very little room inside to wait in. I would always be waiting in line for 45 minutes outside, once in the rain. Very little parking on site, so you’re usually driving around for a bit figuring out where you can park your car. The maps for which precinct you were in were inside, so if you were in the wrong line, tough shit, back outside. Saw enough people get to the front and told that they had to go to the back of the other line that I would always have a map up on my phone guiding people while I waited the best I could.

There’s no doubt that it all added up to depressing turnout in that district, and even a little bit could make the difference, which is why they do it in places like that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 19:27

As this thread outlines, intentionally or unintentionally,  voting in the wealthiest country in the world is deliberately difficult and inconvenient because it's what benefits the white male ruling class the most.

It was fine for me, because I'm an upper-middle class white guy who can text work and say "I'll get there when I get there".. and stop for a coffee and bagel along the way.

Not everyone has that privilege and it's 100% intentional.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-08, 19:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:As this thread outlines, intentionally or unintentionally,  voting in the wealthiest country in the world is deliberately difficult and inconvenient because it's what benefits the white male ruling class the most.

It was fine for me, because I'm an upper-middle class white guy who can text work and say "I'll get there when I get there".. and stop for a coffee and bagel along the way.

Not everyone has that privilege and it's 100% intentional.

Hey man I got frisked.

+
+
+
+

'Course, I had to ask.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Cameron, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-08, 19:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:Going after work. Kicking myself for not doing the mail-in now. Fucking lazy past Cameron...
my wife voted by mail or whatever.. dropped it off at the EL town hall Antifa box.

I like voting in person. Makes me feel more of a part of something.

Samesies. I dropped off her ballot at city hall, then went to vote in person. Long-ish line and slower than usual, but I saw a few new faces which probably meant rookies still learning the ropes. Otherwise, uneventful, although one person said they’d had over 500 in-person voters, which is high for a mid-term election.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 19:45

MLive is reporting high turn out state wide.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-08, 19:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I’m scheduled to take eight patients in for abortions on Monday. If it doesn’t pass, I have no idea what I’ll do with my time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-08, 20:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Dropped off the wife's and kid's in the Antifa box... there were some squirrely looking motherfuckers near the box. Started getting worried until I realized the clerk's office shared the parking lot with the dipshit local cops.

Voted.  In person. 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-11-08, 20:15

kingstonlake wrote:Voted in person. Pretty smooth process until they put the 90 year old dude on the computer matching your sign in card to your registration. Line Came to a screeching halt. He was straining to view the screen. It was kinda funny. People were starting to get impatient and the head honcho lady removed him and put him on the scan machine. Bless the old dudes heart for volunteering. Gotta respect that. Voted.  In person. 1f1fa-1f1f8

You must’ve voted in a church or community center because your restraining order prevents you from coming within 500 yards of a school. Voted.  In person. 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2022-11-08, 21:17

the form and gave me a card to vote with.

I do that too, oddly enough. But it hasn't really mattered since i've been of voting age. Almost got sucked into the ron paul craze years ago though.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next