Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill.

+5
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
9 posters

Go down

Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill. Empty Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill.

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:37 pm

I like it. But the repubs still think dickhead is draining the swamp.

So, I heard a co-worker refer to her as "shrill" already. Will she be the next misogynistic target of the gop (2020)? (And that stupid Native American deal...)

With ideas like this will the Dems throw her under the bus?

[tw]1031904370764406784[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill. Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill.

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Shrill, not feminine enough, prob a lezbo, bitchy, overbearing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill. Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:41 pm

misogynists will misogyny.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 pm

But, Will the bill get any traction? tongue

Seriously though, if the idiots that elected shithead to drain the swamp read these proposals, would they agree with them? I bet most would. (Of course it will never happen. See the right wing media echo chamber stories...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:30 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:But, Will the bill get any traction? tongue

Seriously though, if the idiots that elected shithead to drain the swamp read these proposals, would they agree with them? I bet most would. (Of course it will never happen. See the right wing media echo chamber stories...)
the short answer is "no". It won't get any traction.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:50 am

If she runs, which she will, and she gets the nomination, which she will, the democrats will not win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:52 am

DWags wrote:If she runs, which she will, and she gets the nomination, which she will, the democrats will not win.
yep - she's a little too smart, too independent and too outspoken for misogynists.

they prefer their women just to be quiet and look pretty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:If she runs, which she will, and she gets the nomination, which she will, the democrats will not win.
yep - she's a little too smart, too independent and too outspoken for misogynists.

well, beyond that, and you're right, there is a base of people in America that fear women, hate women, and would never vote for any woman.  However, don't discount how many dumb ass democrats there are that will not listen to one of her ideas because they see her as being too long, too established and too connected to the Clintons.  Not that they would vote for the republican, but just like last election, she is not a candidate that would motivate them to vote.  That's the big problem.  Motivation. What will it take.  We can pretend that shit isn't happening in America but there are a shit ton of people who didn't vote because they just thought "Meh".   We'll get the same when we nominate her.  Wish I was wrong, but I'm not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:01 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

well, beyond that, and you're right, there is a base of people in America that fear women, hate women, and would never vote for any woman.  However, don't discount how many dumb ass democrats there are that will not listen to one of her ideas because they see her as being too long, too established and too connected to the Clintons.  Not that they would vote for the republican, but just like last election, she is not a candidate that would motivate them to vote.  That's the big problem.  Motivation. What will it take.  We can pretend that shit isn't happening in America but there are a shit ton of people who didn't vote because they just thought "Meh".   We'll get the same when we nominate her.  Wish I was wrong, but I'm not.
oh yeah - it's not just the knuckle-draggin' right.

Democrats have a problem with women, too - it's more of a societal thing, unfortunately.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

oh yeah - it's not just the knuckle-draggin' right.

Democrats have a problem with women, too - it's more of a societal thing, unfortunately.

While I have no doubt that democrats have problems with women too, I still say if ou run out Chuck Shumer or Warren or keep Pelosi as the Speaker if they take the house, you turn off some young kids.   Face it, we need young kids, and running out old school Hilliary was a big factor in keeping many potential democrats home.  It wasn't, in my opinion that she was a women (some sure) but after we had Obama in office, it looked like a step back to the old guard and it bored the young kids.  We see how the polls showed that Trump won because of lack of voters.  I fear there is't a candidate out there who is going to grab the ADD generations attention.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:26 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm in that world that exists right now between both parties. Used to think I was more or less on the right. Now more or less leaning left for a number of reasons. I'm not a fan of Warren or ANY other established DC dems. She and Pelosi can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Just retire already and make way for younger blood (same the elephant party, too).

I'd liked to see someone who has run something and dealt with budgets at the executive level. What about Gina Raimondo or Kate Brown?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
I'm in that world that exists right now between both parties. Used to think I was more or less on the right. Now more or less leaning left for a number of reasons. I'm not a fan of Warren or ANY other established DC dems. She and Pelosi can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Just retire already and make way for younger blood (same the elephant party, too).

I'd liked to see someone who has run something and dealt with budgets at the executive level. What about Gina Raimondo or Kate Brown?

Wait... So what is wrong with Warren? This bill she's proposing would essentially kill off "established" DC types. Lifetime ban on lobbying, all lobbyists being registered and all meetings being public record. Also forbid lobbying from foreign governments (cause that's what diplomats are for). It's essentially gutting the lobbying industry.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:49 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Wait... So what is wrong with Warren? This bill she's proposing would essentially kill off "established" DC types. Lifetime ban on lobbying, all lobbyists being registered and all meetings being public record. Also forbid lobbying from foreign governments (cause that's what diplomats are for). It's essentially gutting the lobbying industry.  

It's great, and she can do that from the senate, not the executive.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:Shrill, not feminine enough, prob a lezbo, bitchy, overbearing.

Are you speaking from the prospective of being a closeted gay person yourself?

Trump has done a helluva a job labeling a political opponent the GOP has seen as a threat for almost a decade.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

30+ years in academia and a few years as bureaucrat.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:35 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Shrill, not feminine enough, prob a lezbo, bitchy, overbearing.

Trump has done a helluva a job labeling a political opponent the GOP has seen as a threat for almost a decade.

Sarcasm is lost completely on you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:21 am

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

G-way gots my back, yo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:08 am

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Elizabeth Warren and her Anti-Corruption bill. 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 am

I think you're selling the "Anyone but Trump" crowd a bit short. The numbers are increasing all the time. This is of course assuming Trump is still around in 2020.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:18 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think you're selling the "Anyone but Trump" crowd a bit short. The numbers are increasing all the time. This is of course assuming Trump is still around in 2020.

The Rock will beat him in the primary. Cause republicans are that smart (and seeing all the recent turncoats, loyal).
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down