Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..

+3
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Go down

Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..  Empty Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-04, 08:56

gonna be at LCC around 6:45, I think - I'll probably go. Still unsure of who I'll support in the 2020 Michigan primary but she's definitely in the top 2-3 right now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..  Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-04, 18:05

Thanks, Bob. I was wondering what you are up to tonight.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..  Empty Re: Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-04, 18:18

Turtleneck wrote:Thanks, Bob. I was wondering what you are up to tonight.
sure thing.

a lady at the VIP table assured me that I didn't appear on the VIP list.

I never even asked if I was.. guess she has a problem with shaggy hair, scruffy faces and tattoos.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-04, 18:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
sure thing.

I never even asked if I was.. guess she has a problem with shaggy hair, scruffy faces and tattoos.

Yep, you probably shouldn't have asked Mrs. Bob to join you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-06-04, 20:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
sure thing.

You should have told her you were part Native American.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-05, 07:46

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: sure thing.

Yep, you probably shouldn't have asked Mrs. Bob to join you.
Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..  502811600

wait....

Elizabeth Warren in Lansing This Evening..  1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-05, 07:46

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: sure thing.

You should have told her you were part Native American.
I had reservations about that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-05, 08:34

How was the event?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-05, 10:12

steveschneider wrote:How was the event?
it was good - pretty packed. I wish I had her energy. She's almost 70 years old.. very dynamic personality, very genuine.. likely the most qualified candidate in the field. I was quite impressed.

(and I fancy myself as someone who is difficult to impress).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-05, 10:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it was good - pretty packed. I wish I had her energy. She's almost 70 years old.. very dynamic personality, very genuine.. likely the most qualified candidate in the field. I was quite impressed.

I just hope when Biden gets the nomination, the democratic party doesn't cut it's nose off to spite it's face. I'd rather have 4 years of Biden than another 4 years of what we have. I just want the nightmare to be over. The damage has been done as far as courts and deficit and tax base, we need to somehow stop the bleeding. Even if it's a moderate establishment democrat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-05, 10:32

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it was good - pretty packed. I wish I had her energy. She's almost 70 years old.. very dynamic personality, very genuine.. likely the most qualified candidate in the field. I was quite impressed.

I just hope when Biden gets the nomination, the democratic party doesn't cut it's nose off to spite it's face. I'd rather have 4 years of Biden than another 4 years of what we have. I just want the nightmare to be over. The damage has been done as far as courts and deficit and tax base, we need to somehow stop the bleeding. Even if it's a moderate establishment democrat.
yep - support the nominee. There will never be a perfect candidate.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-05, 10:40

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it was good - pretty packed. I wish I had her energy. She's almost 70 years old.. very dynamic personality, very genuine.. likely the most qualified candidate in the field. I was quite impressed.

I have often wondered to myself how it would play out if Biden said in his speeches, "you know what, I'm running to stop the bleeding, stem the tide, but I only plan on serving 4 years. Then I'll step aside and let the next generation of democrats take up the charge".

Would that help or hurt?

OK, you can all laugh now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-05, 10:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I have often wondered to myself how it would play out if Biden said in his speeches, "you know what, I'm running to stop the bleeding, stem the tide, but I only plan on serving 4 years. Then I'll step aside and let the next generation of democrats take up the charge".

Would that help or hurt?

OK, you can all laugh now.
someone at the town hall last night asked a question about the process in which Biden is the inherent nominee and how the tide can be shifted from that likelihood. It all just boils down, as usual, to voting.

Look, I don't dislike Biden - I'd happily vote for him (versus Bernie.. I'd vote for him but I wouldn't be happy about it) - I do think Biden can pull in the blue collar white guy vote that Hillary, for whatever reason, wasn't able to capture in 2016. I can tell you, though, that Warren, Kamala Harris, Buttigieg, etc really excite the young electorate and, so, I wonder if the two (the older, blue collar white guys vs. the younger, energetic electorate) can somehow find a common ground and balance each other out.

but, yes, regardless, the white supremacist faction will come out and vote for their hero. If Democrats vote, the Democratic nominee wins. It's really that simple - the challenge is to mobilize the electorate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-05, 17:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah, I like her a lot. Probably my top pick. Whatever thought I like all the candidates over the racist sexual predator. I won't criticize any of them and I'll vote for whoever wins the primary.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down