Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you tell if sour cream is bad?

+9
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
kingstonlake
aualum06
tGreenWay
goodbar
MSU addict
DWags
TheReal_LWS
13 posters

Go down

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? Empty How do you tell if sour cream is bad?

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 12:20

This thought just hit me eating some Mexican food. The normal test for dairy products is if it smells and tastes sour. But sour cream IS sour, so how do you know if it is bad or not? Is it always a hindsight thing? As in "I can't stop crapping liquid poo?"
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? Empty Re: How do you tell if sour cream is bad?

Post by DWags Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 12:56

If there is a ton of whey floating on the surface, it's probably bad. But that's the sour cream at home. I never eat or drink anything on or after the date on the label. But If you open sour cream up and there is a ton of water or whey n top, don't eat it. At a restaurant, you're basically at their mercy. Good luck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? Empty Re: How do you tell if sour cream is bad?

Post by MSU addict Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 13:19

DWags wrote:I never eat or drink anything on or after the date on the label.

You needlessly waste a lot of food.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 15:09

DWags wrote:If there is a ton of whey floating on the surface, it's probably bad.  But that's the sour cream at home.  I never eat or drink anything on or after the date on the label.  But If you open sour cream up and there is a ton of water or whey n top, don't eat it.  At a restaurant, you're basically at their mercy.  Good luck.

NO WHEY!!

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? Michigan-fan-no-way
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 15:20

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:I never eat or drink anything on or after the date on the label.

Yes, yes I do. But I've had food poisoning before. And I almost shot myself in the head. Thought I'd die.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 15:44

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Yes, yes I do.  But I've had food poisoning before.   And I almost shot myself in the head.  Thought I'd die.  
I have had food poisoning too, but it was not from packaged food past its expiration date.  I seriously doubt yours was as well - as it is almost never the cause of foodborne illness.  Most dates on packaged foods are "best by" dates that are about food quality and not food safety.

Last edited by MSU addict on Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 19:21; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 15:46

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Yes, yes I do. But I've had food poisoning before. And I almost shot myself in the head. Thought I'd die.

Worst two cases of food poisoning came in school. Thankfully, we had a two-seater in the small bathroom where I lived and was using both at the same time. The second was bad tuna and I was driving on a road trip to Purdue and pulling over every so often to puke. A weekend in West Lafayette is bad enough, but far worse when you’re violently ill.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 16:18

Stir it up it will be fine
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 16:43

Put a schmear over your knee and spank it. If it giggles, it’s bad, or at least naughty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 18:06

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Yes, yes I do.  But I've had food poisoning before.   And I almost shot myself in the head.  Thought I'd die.  

I'm not an expert, but I think you would have.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 18:35

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Worst two cases of food poisoning came in school. Thankfully, we had a two-seater in the small bathroom where I lived and was using both at the same time. The second was bad tuna and I was driving on a road trip to Purdue and pulling over every so often to puke. A weekend in West Lafayette is bad enough, but far worse when you’re violently ill.  
Have had food poisoning maybe a dozen times...none of them due to raw milk.

First time was the worst.  Was a junior in HS and volunteered to be a camp counselor for a week long 5th grade stay at some camp up by Lapeer.  There were a dozen of us, six chicks and six guys, that got excused from classes to go.  Second night there we got the kids to bed and met at the lodge to hang out.  Someone had made a beer run.  Got about halfway through my first beer and started feeling queasy...ended up pitching the rest.  Reports had started coming in that kids we puking in the cabins.  Went back to my assigned cabin and there were 6 or 8 kids that had spewed.  Couldn't take it.  Went back outside and blew chunks.  Felt like total shit and went back to the lodge and flopped on a couch.  3 or 4 other counselors and teachers were there doing the same thing.  Hit the can at least 12 times that night with it coming out both ends.  Things in the cabins got worse over night.  Heard more than half the kids were sick.  Got so bad they took a number of kids and at least one counselor to the hospital because of dehydration.  They asked me if I wanted to go but I stayed.

Felt a little better by morning but wiped out.  There were people there from the State Department of Health.  Interviewed everyone there asking what they ate the day before.  School system sent a few buses to the camp to take everyone that wanted go back home.  I went.  Some kids were still puking on the way home...was miserable.

Found out weeks later the health department determined it was the grilled cheese sandwiches the camp served  that did it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 18:50

Once you’ve stuck your dick in enough sour cream you start to get a feel for when it’s bad. My suggestion is to start sticking your dick in sour cream. In a year or so you’ll be like “oh yeah I don’t want to eat this one.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 19:38

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Have had food poisoning maybe a dozen times...none of them due to raw milk.

First time was the worst.  Was a junior in HS and volunteered to be a camp counselor for a week long 5th grade stay at some camp up by Lapeer.  There were a dozen of us, six chicks and six guys, that got excused from classes to go.  Second night there we got the kids to bed and met at the lodge to hang out.  Someone had made a beer run.  Got about halfway through my first beer and started feeling queasy...ended up pitching the rest.  Reports had started coming in that kids we puking in the cabins.  Went back to my assigned cabin and there were 6 or 8 kids that had spewed.  Couldn't take it.  Went back outside and blew chunks.  Felt like total shit and went back to the lodge and flopped on a couch.  3 or 4 other counselors and teachers were there doing the same thing.  Hit the can at least 12 times that night with it coming out both ends.  Things in the cabins got worse over night.  Heard more than half the kids were sick.  Got so bad they took a number of kids and at least one counselor to the hospital because of dehydration.  They asked me if I wanted to go but I stayed.

Felt a little better by morning but wiped out.  There were people there from the State Department of Health.  Interviewed everyone there asking what they ate the day before.  School system sent a few buses to the camp to take everyone that wanted go back home.  I went.  Some kids were still puking on the way home...was miserable.

Found out weeks later the health department determined it was the grilled cheese sandwiches the camp served  that did it.

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? 502811600 That’s just nasty. Camp Here-to-Hork, a YMCA-sponsored back-to-nature vomitorium.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 20:46

goodbar wrote:
DWags wrote:If there is a ton of whey floating on the surface, it's probably bad.  But that's the sour cream at home.  I never eat or drink anything on or after the date on the label.  But If you open sour cream up and there is a ton of water or whey n top, don't eat it.  At a restaurant, you're basically at their mercy.  Good luck.

NO WHEY!!

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? Michigan-fan-no-way

How do you tell if sour cream is bad? 1966794946 How do you tell if sour cream is bad? 1966794946
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 22:00

tGreenWay wrote:How do you tell if sour cream is bad? 502811600 That’s just nasty. Camp Here-to-Hork, a YMCA-sponsored back-to-nature vomitorium.
Was fucking awful even at just the beginning stages. Ended up feeling fortunate I wasn't among those that did not eat the grilled cheese that had to deal with the mess. Six large cabins full of kids and puke.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 22:37

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:How do you tell if sour cream is bad? 502811600 That’s just nasty. Camp Here-to-Hork, a YMCA-sponsored back-to-nature vomitorium.
Was fucking awful even at just the beginning stages. Ended up feeling fortunate I wasn't among those that did not eat the grilled cheese that had to deal with the mess. Six large cabins full of kids and puke.

I’d’ve called somebody to come get me. There’s not a paycheck large enough for me to wander through enclosed environments cleaning up chunky multi-puke hotspots.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 22:40

Put it on a baked potato, sprinkle on some chives, cheddar and bacon bits. Next day if you are shitting your brains out you probably had some bad sour cream.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 6:29

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was fucking awful even at just the beginning stages. Ended up feeling fortunate I wasn't among those that did not eat the grilled cheese that had to deal with the mess. Six large cabins full of kids and puke.

I’d’ve called somebody to come get me. There’s not a paycheck large enough for me to wander through enclosed environments cleaning up chunky multi-puke hotspots.

Took the Key West Express from Ft Myers to Key West once. Around 8' waves on the way back. Stewards were running their asses off the whole trip handing out barf bags. I imagine it wasn't their first time doing it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 13:08

TheReal_LWS wrote:This thought just hit me eating some Mexican food. The normal test for dairy products is if it smells and tastes sour. But sour cream IS sour, so how do you know if it is bad or not? Is it always a hindsight thing? As in "I can't stop crapping liquid poo?"

Use it as lubricant while jerking it. If it tingles afterwards you know it's working.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 13:45

steveschneider wrote:Put it on a baked potato, sprinkle on some chives, cheddar and bacon bits. Next day if you are shitting your brains out you probably had some bad sour cream.

Thanks, though I covered this aspect in my OP.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 14:27

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Took the Key West Express from Ft Myers to Key West once. Around 8' waves on the way back. Stewards were running their asses off the whole trip handing out barf bags. I imagine it wasn't their first time doing it.

It would be fun to take that trip some time, but Mrs. GreenWay gets sick in situations like that. We just fly from Atlanta to Key West now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down