Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?

+16
By-Tor
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  Empty What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?

Post by DWags 2018-09-30, 06:44

Yay:
Rutgers
Nebraska
Purdue
Northwestern

May:
Maryland
Michigan

Nay:
OSU
PSU

If we drop one against any “Yay” team, season could be a learning/rebuild type thing. 6-6. Ceiling tip top best we could hope for is 9-3. I’m thinking 7 or 8 victories is good for the year. If Batchie and Wilikes and Lewerke come back and we’re healthy, 2019 might be pretty damn good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  Empty Re: What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-30, 06:52

I agree with your list for the most part. Losing to Michigan would be an incredible disappointment. Their pass rush scares me vs our O but that being said fuck those guys and their trash fan base. So I’d have them in the Yay as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  Empty Re: What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-30, 07:34

Too depressing to think about 7-8 wins after last season and this team basically being one year older, minus injuries.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-30, 09:17

I've got Northwestern in the may category as well. That offense gives our Defensive scheme fits. Not putting my Vegas hat on but my "real" line on that game would be MSU -1.5. I'm sure Vegas will make it at least 4.5.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-30, 09:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:Too depressing to think about 7-8 wins after last season and this team basically being one year older, minus injuries.

I’ll take it. The Dantonio era is the best I’ve ever had in my life. 6-8 win seasons are okay as long as we have a shot at the 11-12 win seasons.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-30, 10:01

I’d switch positions for Maryland and Northwestern, and move u-m into the Nay column. Too many injuries for us, and those arrogant asses will be highly motivated, especially because we’ll be vulnerable.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2018-09-30, 10:55; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-09-30, 10:13

I wasn't that impressed with UM yesterday.

But, I'm not that impressed with us either.

We're not beating OSU, and we'll struggle with McSorley.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-30, 10:18

Northwestern doesn't belong in they Yay column. Otherwise it looks good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-30, 13:28

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Too depressing to think about 7-8 wins after last season and this team basically being one year older, minus injuries.

I’ll take it. The Dantonio era is the best I’ve ever had in my life. 6-8 win seasons are okay as long as we have a shot at the 11-12 win seasons.

You know, having sat through 3-8 Muddy, I get that. The problem with success is that it raises the bar and makes you greedy.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-30, 15:29

I say we just win 'em all and not worry about it cheers
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-30, 15:36

Nordic wrote:I say we just win 'em all and not worry about it cheers

You’re always such an optimist. It’s really annoying.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-30, 15:36

This is why Nordic is brilliant!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-30, 16:16

Nay - Penn State, Ohio State.

May - UM. I'm not quite buying their media hype until they play someone. Not knocking Northwestern, but they're not even a .500 team.

I'm a "yay" with everyone else, though.

At best, 9-3, though 8-4 is possible/probable. Worse than that makes Bobby sad.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-30, 16:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Nay - Penn State, Ohio State.

May - UM. I'm not quite buying their media hype until they play someone. Not knocking Northwestern, but they're not even a .500 team.

Relax, have something from the land of sky blue waters. Have a Hamm’s. What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  969504605
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-09-30, 16:30

My mood does not change with the successes or failures of a college sports team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-09-30, 17:04

This
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-09-30, 17:07

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

This

Same here.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-09-30, 17:32

Yay:
Rutgers
Nebraska
Purdue

May:
Maryland
Northwestern

Nay:
OSU
PSU
Michigan
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-30, 17:42

tGreenWay wrote:

You’re always such an optimist. It’s really annoying.

Go Green!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-30, 17:55

Turtleneck wrote:

My mood does not change with the successes or failures of a college sports team.
Samesies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-30, 17:56

tGreenWay wrote:

Relax, have something from the land of sky blue waters. Have a Hamm’s. What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  969504605
:-)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-30, 18:56

My mood changes when wife is happy after big victory and sexes me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-09-30, 19:03

I guess there's only one thing left to do

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  You_st10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-30, 19:07

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

I guess there's only one thing left to do

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  You_st10

What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  1966794946 What’s your “Yay” “May””Nay” for the rest of the season?  1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-01, 08:12

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-01, 08:51

We are -10 or something absurd against the cats.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-10-01, 08:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Worse than that makes Bobby sad.

Meh, I'm not worried.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-01, 09:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We are -10 or something absurd against the cats.

They looked good for a half last week. But have looked pretty bad prior to that. Duke complety smothered them. Duke has a sound D. They were rotating QBs the first three games. Getting Thorson is back full time should help them, but they lack talent at RB/WR. 10 seems high, but not all surprised to see it over 7.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-01, 09:56

I think we opened -10.5 and it's growing. How up to -11.5. We're getting some guys back, Perhaps Chewins? Nailor, Stewart, who knows with LJ, but maybe we'll hit the ground running. I'm tired of seeing so much platooning. But whtever it takes. Just win. Can't let these games slip through our hands.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-01, 10:12

NW OC: So here's what we're gonna do. They're going to play quarters. We're going to rotate these two plays and never stop. First down, quick pass to slot receiver. There won't be a DB within 10 yards of him and we'll gain 7 yards at least. Then, zone read. Then back to pass to slot receiver.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-01, 12:11

DWags wrote:I think we opened -10.5 and it's growing. How up to -11.5. We're getting some guys back, Perhaps Chewins? Nailor, Stewart, who knows with LJ, but maybe we'll hit the ground running. I'm tired of seeing so much platooning. But whtever it takes. Just win. Can't let these games slip through our hands.
Chewins was back against CMU for at least a few plays, but does anyone know how many? I forgot to watch whether he was still out there later after noticing him in the 1st or 2nd quarter.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-10-01, 13:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:I think we opened -10.5 and it's growing. How up to -11.5. We're getting some guys back, Perhaps Chewins? Nailor, Stewart, who knows with LJ, but maybe we'll hit the ground running. I'm tired of seeing so much platooning. But whtever it takes. Just win. Can't let these games slip through our hands.
Chewins was back against CMU for at least a few plays, but does anyone know how many? I forgot to watch whether he was still out there later after noticing him in the 1st or 2nd quarter.
I thought i saw him rotating in at both tackle positions.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-06, 15:08

Moving Maryland and Nebraska in the May/Lean Nay column. Only Rutgers in the Yay column, and that should probably May.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-10-06, 18:43

SawGreen wrote:Yay:
Rutgers
Nebraska
Purdue

May:
Maryland
Northwestern

Nay:
OSU
PSU
Michigan

Sticking to this...
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-10-06, 19:00

None of the teams we play have a running game, so we have the best run D in the nation. Awesome.

Meanwhile, teams and football has moved to a pass first offense, and we have the 119th best pass D. Awesome.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-06, 19:08

Yeah. This season is fucked. Pretty much have to play for next year at this point. If we don’t win one of the next two, the wheels will fall off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-10-06, 19:48

DWags wrote:Yeah. This season is fucked. Pretty much have to play for next year at this point. If we don’t win one of the next two, the wheels will fall off.

Hopefully we get a good draft pick.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-10-06, 20:45

DWags wrote:Yeah. This season is fucked. Pretty much have to play for next year at this point. If we don’t win one of the next two, the wheels will fall off.

So Bachie is calling out unnamed players....Is it the QB? The Oline? The RB that continues to wear a uniform and then stand on the sideline?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-06, 20:57

Naked eye the players who played the worst today, in no particular order: Higby, D Dowell, Thompson, Sokol, Lewerke
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-07, 03:26

pulling69 wrote:

So Bachie is calling out unnamed players....Is it the QB? The Oline? The RB that continues to wear a uniform and then stand on the sideline?

Maybe the owners of Lou Ha’s and Wednesday night parries
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next