Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest of season

4 posters

Go down

Rest of season Empty Rest of season

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 10:57

After watching Alabama dismantle LSU with relative ease and watching us play so poorly against Nebraska, I can't imagine MSU being competitive in a playoff game against Alabama. The only reason I even bring it up is that if we happened to win out, we'd be 12-1, and while the Nebraska loss would be considered a bad loss, we still would have an OSU win, an Iowa win, and a BIG Championship under our belt, so I think our chances of getting into the playoff would be good in that scenario. Don't get me wrong, the MSU team that lost to Nebraska last night couldn't win shit, and I remain highly skeptical of our ability to beat OSU since JT Barrett is likely to torch our secondary, but if we managed to get into the playoff against Alabama, do you think we would suffer a beat down like the 2010 Capital One Bowl?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Rest of season Empty Re: Rest of season

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-08, 11:33

No. Not even close. Talent on that Bama team was absurd. And we were not nearly as talented as we are now.

Teams that would dismantle us are those that fling the ball around. Very important to see how JTB plays next week. If he brings any momentum at all into our game they will put up 50 on us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 11:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No. Not even close. Talent on that Bama team was absurd. And we were not nearly as talented as we are now.

Teams that would dismantle us are those that fling the ball around. Very important to see how JTB plays next week. If he brings any momentum at all into our game they will put up 50 on us.
I hope you're right. Bama ran on LSU last night, Henry got 210 yards, and Nebraska ran on us, so I'm wondering if Bama would just pound us down with their run game. Bama stuffed Fournette all game too (31 yards on 19 carries), so I can't see us running the ball against them at all.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-08, 11:48

Nebraska is two dimensional though. Best comp to Bama offense we've played is probably Michigan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-08, 11:52

Lsu has no qb and bama can stop that all day long
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-08, 11:58

You have to realize too that just because the OL is intact for the first time since week two, that doesn't mean they're at full strength yet. That's not how OL play works. If they can stay on the field for a few weeks in a row together, the level of play will begin to rise exponentially. Great OL play involves understanding where the guy next you is going to be... Chemistry, timing, communication. No substitute for game reps together.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-08, 12:05

You don't see Nick Saban's teams get surprised at home twice in a year.

Last night showed why Saban is greater than Miles. His game plans and preparation are some of the best in college football. Alabama had the athletes to stop Fournette and force LSU to put the game on the QB's back.

Losing last night took MSU's bowl destination into the hands of others and that's when the shit show begins.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 12:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You have to realize too that just because the OL is intact for the first time since week two, that doesn't mean they're at full strength yet. That's not how OL play works. If they can stay on the field for a few weeks in a row together, the level of play will begin to rise exponentially. Great OL play involves understanding where the guy next you is going to be... Chemistry, timing, communication. No substitute for game reps together.
You're right about that for sure, but you can't deny that LSU's rushing attack was running like a well oiled machine with the front runner in the Hiesman chase dominating to this point in the season, and Bama made him their bitch. It was very impressive to watch. I've got to tip my hat to Bama for that.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 12:11

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Lsu has no qb and bama can stop that all day long
Perhaps, and maybe we'd have to rely on Cook to carve them up, but that Bama run defense was impressive last night.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 12:16

GRR Spartan wrote:You don't see Nick Saban's teams get surprised at home twice in a year.

Last night showed why Saban is greater than Miles. His game plans and preparation are some of the best in college football. Alabama had the athletes to stop Fournette and force LSU to put the game on the QB's back.

Losing last night took MSU's bowl destination into the hands of others and that's when the shit show begins.
We definitely made it easier for the committee to keep us out. Hopefully, MSU can run the table and still get in, but we'll need to have dominant performances against MD and PSU. If we won out in close games against everyone, the committee bias against MSU would be strong.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down