Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-12, 11:37

tGreenWay wrote:The Green Book was pretty good, but I can see how many would be unhappy that it spends more time focused on Tony Lip. And having finally seen both films, there’s no freaking way Green Book should’ve beaten BlacKKKlansman for the Oscar. Spike Lee was right to be pissed.

Obligatory

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Kickerdead.0
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-17, 00:35

Constantine is a good movie, regardless of Keanu’s crappy acting. It sucks that they never made more.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-17, 00:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The Green Book was pretty good, but I can see how many would be unhappy that it spends more time focused on Tony Lip. And having finally seen both films, there’s no freaking way Green Book should’ve beaten BlacKKKlansman for the Oscar. Spike Lee was right to be pissed.

Obligatory

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 Kickerdead.0

It still makes me laugh that that poor guy is now working at MSU.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-22, 23:36

Barry is funny as hell and entertaining as hell.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-23, 11:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Barry is funny as hell and entertaining as hell.
Got through the first season recently. Pretty good. Looking forward to the second.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-23, 11:17

Just started Veep. Pretty funny so far.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-23, 12:39

Anyone watch the Live tribute/remake to All In The Family and the Jeffersons last night? I enjoyed it. This wasn't like a remake with new stories writers, they recreated a past episode of each show word for word. Not that I'd want them to do a whole season like that, but for a one off, I thought it was good as it was a true tribute to the shows, not a "let's put our own new take on it" kind of thing. Some people did better jobs than others. Marisa Tomei as Edith Bunker and Jamie Foxx as George Jefferson absolutely nailed the original characters in their voice and mannerisms. Woody as Archie Bunker was ok, but just couldn't do the facial expressions which were such a big part of Carrol O'Conner's Archie. Obviously, you could just watch the original episodes and it's much better, but it was cool for what it was intended to be.

I actually kind of want to watch the original of these specific episodes now and hear the difference in the audience reactions to some of the racist and sexist things. There were some uncomfortable groans at a couple of things that probably would have been received differently 45 years ago.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-23, 13:49

I only found out about it after the fact, Miami. Really wish I’d known to tune in. I’ll look for the recorded versions to watch, but it won’t be the same knowing it’s not live like it was last night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-23, 14:43

tGreenWay wrote:I only found out about it after the fact, Miami. Really wish I’d known to tune in. I’ll look for the recorded versions to watch, but it won’t be the same knowing it’s not live like it was last night.
I would think it would be on demand, but haven't checked. It was called "Live In Front Of A Studio Audience" and included both shows, so don't search for All In the Family or the Jeffersons.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-23, 21:47

Killing Eve. Season 2.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-23, 23:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I only found out about it after the fact, Miami. Really wish I’d known to tune in. I’ll look for the recorded versions to watch, but it won’t be the same knowing it’s not live like it was last night.
I would think it would be on demand, but haven't checked. It was called "Live In Front Of A Studio Audience" and included both shows, so don't search for All In the Family or the Jeffersons.

Thanks. I’ll look for it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-23, 23:56

I don’t know. I only watched one episode but it kind of made me uncomfortable.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-24, 00:07

I’m rewatching seasons 1&2 of Legion in anticipation of the final season which comes out next month. Maybe the best show I’ve watched in the last 5 years or so.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-24, 00:22

Rocinante wrote:

Kind of sort of the whole point. Watch more. The bald Chechen dude is hilarious.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-24, 00:25

Rocinante wrote:

What kind of uncomfortable? Like, you’re at a family reunion and you talke a walk into the woods and all of the sudden you’re making out with your first cousin and she puts a finger in your butthole uncomfortable? Or you stole twenty bucks from your dad’s wallet and he asks you if you took it and you lie and say No, but he knows you’re lying, and you know he knows you’re lying, and he knows you know he knows you’re lying. That kind of uncomfortable?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-24, 08:29

Now you guys are talking about Barry? The episode in season 2 with the girl had me laughing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-24, 08:52

Not quite Office Seasons 2-5 uncomfortable but on that spectrum.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-24, 10:30

Picked it up midway through S2 as it is on after Thrones. That show is odd. I haven't quite figured it out, it flips between series and slapstick, but it sucks me in. Debating whether I want to invest in S1.

The Russian bald mob dude was funny as shit last week.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-24, 10:34

InTenSity wrote:Now you guys are talking about Barry? The episode in season 2 with the girl had me laughing.

The taekwon do episode? Shocked tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 905083632 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 1431518612
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-24, 15:53

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Now you guys are talking about Barry? The episode in season 2 with the girl had me laughing.

The taekwon do episode? Shocked tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 905083632 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 1431518612
Yup. Not sure why, but just some of the funniest shit I've seen.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-24, 22:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not quite Office Seasons 2-5 uncomfortable but on that spectrum.

Yeah. But more the British one. I’ll try to keep watching for you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-05-25, 11:56

Nordic wrote:

Picked it up midway through S2 as it is on after Thrones. That show is odd. I haven't quite figured it out, it flips between series and slapstick, but it sucks me in. Debating whether I want to invest in S1.

NoHo Hank is the best character on TV right now
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-25, 20:27

I rolled the dice and fired up The Commuter. It's, ummm, not good.  I was not the Taken on a train I was looking for.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-25, 20:41

Death Roe wrote:
Nordic wrote:

NoHo Hank is the best character on TV right now

2nd this. Pretty much every scene cracks me up.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-26, 10:29

Just finished season 2 of White Gold on Netflix this weekend. I can't decide whether it's actually a good show or if I just like it because it's got a couple of the guys from The Inbetweeners on it and I loved that show.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-26, 23:12

InTenSity wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yup. Not sure why, but just some of the funniest shit I've seen.

Just watched that episode. "Little girl, I'm not trying to be creepy but would you like to get in this van with me and my friend?"

That episode was just like a Peter vs. Chicken episode from Family Guy. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-27, 15:32

Finished season 4 of Homeland. That is one ugly baby. Shocked
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-27, 19:55

Woke up at 4:00 a.m. thirsty as hell and needing a piss. Went downstairs, stubbed the shit out of my toe, cat started crying for food and water. By the time I was done with everything I was wide awake. So, I turned on the tele. Movie called Sphere. Dustin Hoffman, Samual L. Jackson, Sharon Stone. Good cast. Got hung up in it. I'd recommend it. I think it's like 15 years old or so. Good watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-27, 20:34

DWags wrote:Woke up at 4:00 a.m. thirsty as hell and needing a piss. Went downstairs, stubbed the shit out of my toe, cat started crying for food and water. By the time I was done with everything I was wide awake. So, I turned on the tele. Movie called Sphere. Dustin Hoffman, Samual L. Jackson, Sharon Stone. Good cast. Got hung up in it. I'd recommend it. I think it's like 15 years old or so. Good watch.

Based on a book by Michael Crichton. Don’t remember much about it, but I think it was enjoyable, as were most of the author’s works.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-27, 22:14

I sort of remember that movie.....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-27, 23:36

Not sure I’ve seen the movie seven from start to finish. Giving it a go now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-28, 00:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not sure I’ve seen the movie seven from start to finish. Giving it a go now.

Let me know what’s in the box.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-05-29, 21:55

Finally getting around to season 3 of Narcos. Great fucking show.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-29, 23:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not sure I’ve seen the movie seven from start to finish. Giving it a go now.

Let me know what’s in the box.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600

7 was a mind fuck back in the day. No wai OTPT has progressed through life to this point without the ending being spoiled for him, so probably didn't move the needle. Or perhaps movies have evolved to the point where they're so fucked up 20 years later that it still wouldn't move the needle. Inquiring minds and all...
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-30, 09:50

I’ve fell asleep like 3 times trying to finish the damn thing.. how fucking old am I? I’ve got like 20 minutes left in it i believe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-30, 09:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’ve fell asleep like 3 times trying to finish the damn thing.. how fucking old am I? I’ve got like 20 minutes left in it i believe

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 276803595
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-30, 11:39

So I watched like three more episodes of Barry and it still makes me uncomfortable. I think it’s mostly the acting class. I know it’s supposed to be pathetic, but it makes me squirm.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-30, 13:41

This scene. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 13 502811600

If I suck balls, you are king of suck balls mountain!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-31, 19:47

Anybody catch Hot Zone on NatGeo I think it is?

EDIT: OK, first ep was sufficiently scary.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-31, 20:59

Rocinante wrote:So I watched like three more episodes of Barry and it still makes me uncomfortable. I think it’s mostly the acting class. I know it’s supposed to be pathetic, but it makes me squirm.

Ditto. But it....is.....sucking.....me.........innnnnnnnnn
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next