Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine

+9
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Rocinante
Dendrobates
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  Empty Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine

Post by Dendrobates Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 21:13

Her saying they wont tolerate a reporter putting his hands on a woman.

It seriously started my migraine. The absurdity of another thing clear as day on video...

How the fuck can this woman live with herself. I'm going to lose my fucking mind.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  Empty Re: Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine

Post by Rocinante Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 1:48

Don’t read tweets. Seriously. This will be vetted by reporters and will be disproved. The question is will anyone hold the WH accountable? We haven’t yet.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  Empty Re: Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 6:35

They banned Jim because they are afraid of Jim and the truth. Jim stood up to Trump like a man and called out his BS.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 7:53

steveschneider wrote:They banned Jim because they are afraid of Jim and the truth. Jim stood up to Trump like a man and called out his BS.
Every single one of those reporters should have walked out
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:15

steveschneider wrote:They banned Jim because they are afraid of Jim and the truth. Jim stood up to Trump like a man and called out his BS.
They banned Jim because they want Jim’s company to talk about how they banned Jim instead of how the president is a criminal who tried to obstruct justice again yesterday.

And 100% of the time Jim’s company falls for it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:32

that's what we've needed all along from the mainstream media. Nice to finally see a member of the media finally do their job.

If only the rest would follow.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
They banned Jim because they want Jim’s company to talk about how they banned Jim instead of how the president is a criminal who tried to obstruct justice again yesterday.

Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  RegalRealisticGuillemot-size_restricted
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:36

If the press would all just not show up to these conferences they'd make a huge statement. But, they'd have to cover that for the press, so I dont' know how you cover the press not covering the press conference. But it would be cool. SS is as big of a liar as he is and she can convince herself she's telling the truth.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:50

DWags wrote:

If the press would all just not show up to these conferences they'd make a huge statement. But, they'd have to cover that for the press, so I dont' know how you cover the press not covering the press conference. But it would be cool. SS is as big of a liar as he is and she can convince herself she's telling the truth.

SS poster a doctored video of Jim Acosta that has been edited to show contact that never happened and then followed it up by calling out his false behavior and banning him. It’s as Orwellian as it gets. Today we should all be a “Jim Acosta” and stand up for the truth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:55

Not sure Jim Acosta coverage impacted coverage of Sessions being fired that much.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 8:58

NigelUno wrote:

Not sure Jim Acosta coverage impacted coverage of Sessions being fired that much.

I haven’t watched cnn but plenty of reporters are too busy talking about reporters out there right now. As they always are. They love talking about this shit. Frankly, no one should talk about it. Least important story out there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 9:07

NigelUno wrote:

I haven’t watched cnn but plenty of reporters are too busy talking about reporters out there right now. As they always are. They love talking about this shit. Frankly, no one should talk about it. Least important story out there.

Not going to argue about how important the story is, but it should be talked about at some level.

They're trying to silence a reporter who asks tough questions.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 9:49

LOLZ if true, and I wouldn't put it past this White House.

[tw]1060450557817708544[/tw]

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 9:58

NigelUno wrote:

Whenever the Mets were doing good Steinbrenner would fire a manager to dominate the headlines. I've seen it argued by plenty of media experts that this is Trump's strategy to flood the news with noise to block out other stories.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 10:19

Just for the record, in my opinion, Jim should have stood down when the President of the United States asked him to. We all know what we think about Trumps behavior, but he is the President, and that office deserves that respect. He had asked his question, and I don't know what the rules are, but he was pretty stubborn in asking more questions. I think back to how Reagan Bush Clinton and Bush would call out names, and it was orderly. Google the Bush/Reagan dbate and how polite people were in 1980. We've lost it. completely lost it.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 14:37

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Whenever the Mets were doing good Steinbrenner would fire a manager to dominate the headlines. I've seen it argued by plenty of media experts that this is Trump's strategy to flood the news with noise to block out other stories.

Yeah.  I get it.

Just saying I don't think the Jim Acosta story dominated coverage last night.

It should be talked about though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 14:59

DWags wrote:Just for the record, in my opinion, Jim should have stood down when the President of the United States asked him to. We all know what we think about Trumps behavior, but he is the President, and that office deserves that respect. He had asked his question, and I don't know what the rules are, but he was pretty stubborn in asking more questions. I think back to how Reagan Bush Clinton and Bush would call out names, and it was orderly. Google the Bush/Reagan dbate and how polite people were in 1980. We've lost it. completely lost it.

How do you deal with a liar in the office of the president if not push him? Sure, acosta's a grandstander, but it's the press' job to get to report the facts, and the facts contradict pretty much everything the president says. As for respecting the office, fuck that noise.

[tw]1060531575492935680[/tw]
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 15:40

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:Just for the record, in my opinion, Jim should have stood down when the President of the United States asked him to. We all know what we think about Trumps behavior, but he is the President, and that office deserves that respect. He had asked his question, and I don't know what the rules are, but he was pretty stubborn in asking more questions. I think back to how Reagan Bush Clinton and Bush would call out names, and it was orderly. Google the Bush/Reagan dbate and how polite people were in 1980. We've lost it. completely lost it.

How do you deal with a liar in the office of the president if not push him? Sure, acosta's a grandstander, but it's the press' job to get to report the facts, and the facts contradict pretty much everything the president says. As for respecting the office, fuck that noise.

[tw]1060531575492935680[/tw]

And this is a President who was OK with a Republican candidate for office body slamming a reporter.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 18:14

I would kill otpt for a reporter to ask questions of an academic nature just once instead of asking questions where they already know what the answer is. Not hard stuff. Stuff he should know.

“What’s the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?” Or “how does a bill become a law?”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 18:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I would kill otpt for a reporter to ask questions of an academic nature just once instead of asking questions where they already know what the answer is. Not hard stuff. Stuff he should know.

“What’s the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?” Or “how does a bill become a law?”

Let's be honest. You'd kill OTPT for a lot less than that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 18:34

Rocinante wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I would kill otpt for a reporter to ask questions of an academic nature just once instead of asking questions where they already know what the answer is. Not hard stuff. Stuff he should know.

Let's be honest.  You'd kill OTPT for a lot less than that.
I’d kill otpt for a half of a Jimmy Johns sandwich. And not even my preferred order either. I’d kill otpt for a half of a vegetarian Jimmy Johns sandwich.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 21:25

I'd kill OTPT for a winning three team parlay. Just my two cents
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 21:35

Whoever comes up with the best thing that they’d kill otpt for gets a prize.

The prize is that I’ll get them the thing after they kill otpt.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 22:12

I'd kill otpt to bring Moose back. God he was such a good poster.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 22:59

I'd kill OTPT to get the Fuck out of that damn pit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 23:40

I’d kill otpt for an expired bed bath and beyond coupon
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 2:23

I’d kill OTPT for a bootleg vhs of Troll 2.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 8:24

I can't agree with that. Trump deserves no respect whatsoever. Fuck, he basically trolled Acosta right before the incident took place. Trump set the tone for that press conference and it was just another in a long line of clown shows. At this point he needs to demonstrate that he deserves respect before any is given.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 10:37

Also, to be clear, Wags, the press corps adapts to the president. If you watch Obama briefings, it is very orderly because he made it clear that's how he wanted it. Trump has made it clear that a scrum is ok so that's what he gets.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:00

Rocinante wrote:Also, to be clear, Wags, the press corps adapts to the president. If you watch Obama briefings, it is very orderly because he made it clear that's how he wanted it. Trump has made it clear that a scrum is ok so that's what he gets.

Look, I'm not going to defend Trump. he's a bully and an oaf. However, his office is the Presidency. So..... When he said he was going to move on to another question, Acosta has to step down. I get how it works, you shout at him, but Axosta asked a question and it was rudlely answered, then he said no more questions from Jim and Acosta kept on. I don't know, you can say that Acosta should not be blamed here, and what the white house minister of propaganda is doing with the tape is beyond criminal, but I think the journalist asking his one question shoudl have stopped asking. I guess that makes me soft or an ass to some, but that seems like what you should do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:06

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Also, to be clear, Wags, the press corps adapts to the president. If you watch Obama briefings, it is very orderly because he made it clear that's how he wanted it. Trump has made it clear that a scrum is ok so that's what he gets.

Look, I'm not going to defend Trump. he's a bully and an oaf. However, his office is the Presidency. So..... When he said he was going to move on to another question, Acosta has to step down. I get how it works, you shout at him, but Axosta asked a question and it was rudlely answered, then he said no more questions from Jim and Acosta kept on. I don't know, you can say that Acosta should not be blamed here, and what the white house minister of propaganda is doing with the tape is beyond criminal, but I think the journalist asking his one question shoudl have stopped asking. I guess that makes me soft or an ass to some, but that seems like what you should do.

SIT DOWN DWAGS!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:09

DWags wrote:

So the president should be able to just not answer questions? "Hm. I don't like that question. Next!"

That's not how the press works. Our civility is what got us into this situation. Have you ever heard a BBC reporter question a government official? It's pretty brutal.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:19

While we're loosely on the subject, how does the press start holding Trump (Giuliani and others, too) accountable every time "I'm told" is used?

That has consistently been the biggest form of spreading lies and fake truth by this administration, as if every time "I'm told" is used the knuckle-draggers take it as gospel.

I'm told Trump prefers banging sheep to Melania.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:33

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

So the president should be able to just not answer questions? "Hm. I don't like that question. Next!"

That's not how the press works. Our civility is what got us into this situation. Have you ever heard a BBC reporter question a government official? It's pretty brutal.

First he starts out by telling him, not asking him, that "The caravan is not an invasion". Trump answers "I consider it an invasion, you don't" Was that question one or a statement? Then he says "Why did you characterize it as such?" Question #2. Trump says, again, "I consider it an invasion, you and I have a difference of opinion" Question 3. "Do you think you demonize immigrants in this election..." Trump cuts him short, saying "no, no, no, I want them to come into the country, but hey have to come in through a process". answer #3. Trump tries to go on....."I want them to come into the country you know why we need them to...." Acosta then, cuts Trump off in the middle of his answer. "Your campaign had film of people climbing over walls" Is this question #4 now? I don't know or is it just another statement. Trump cuts him off, "Those people weren't actors"..... and explains people filmed them.. This of course could be fact checked if they were actors or not. So now, Acosta says back to him "But they're 100s' of miles away". That's when Trump says you run your thing I'll run mine. But Acosta now wants to ask one more question. Is this question 3 or 4 or 5? That's when the attack girl comes and grabs the mike and it's like been over a minute and a half with this exchange.

Roc, I hate trump, he's rude and obnoxious and embarrassing. I can't be more precise than that. i think they lie, they cheat and pretty sure they're stealing. Huckabee is a propaganda minister and they lied about the last 45 seconds of the Acosta thing and the film proves that and it's criminal. I wish they'd all get a burning case of herpes around their mouth.

However, if you want me to say that Acosta bares no blame in a rude exchange, we'll disagree. I don't care if those people over in England do it or not. we've become that type of country, I get it. I don't like it. And I don't think one side can be the adult, because if you're the polite one, you'll just get run over. Alls I'm saying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 11:51

As I said before Acosta is a glory hound and his company’s identity is fully anti trump now. He certainly could have worded his questions better. But the president called on him specifically to fight with him. And he got shook. He was completely unhinged after that. The president just says gibberish.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 12:45

Rocinante wrote: But the president called on him specifically to fight with him. And he got shook. He was completely unhinged after that. The president just says gibberish.

Because when you are born with a silver spoon and are "the boss" since college, you think you are above being confronted... especially if you are a delusional liar.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 10:30

I dont think anything that Acosta did was remotely rude. If that was how he acted for Obama. Sure. It was rude, it still of course doesnt justify removing his credentials.

But what he said to Trump? That was so fucking tame . Sanders and Trunps actions during conferences doesnt compare. I think Acosta should have been even harder on him. Fuck that vile shit bag.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 11:35

I'm still shocked that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator a) was rude to someone, b) had his little snowflake feelings hurt and c) lied to the American public.

I mean.. it's such a non-christian way to act. Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Nov 2018 - 7:15

CNN suing the White House Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  502811600

From what I've read, legal scholars say that CNN has a strong argument which means the racist, bigoted sexual predator will have to allow Acosta to get his press pass back.

So.. to recap - the racist bigoted sexual predator was sad that a reporter asked questions, revoked his pass, sent out a doctored video claiming the reporter assaulted an intern, the reporter's company sues the White House and will likely get his pass back.

It's a good thing a bunch of racists elected a failed reality TV star who filed for bankruptcy 5 times. Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 14 Nov 2018 - 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:CNN suing the White House Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  502811600

From what I've read, legal scholars say that CNN has a strong argument which means the racist, bigoted sexual predator will have to allow Acosta to get his press pass back.

So.. to recap - the racist bigoted sexual predator was sad that a reporter asked questions, revoked his pass, sent out a doctored video claiming the reporter assaulted an intern, the reporter's company sues the White House and will likely get his pass back.

It's a good thing a bunch of racists elected a failed reality TV star who filed for bankruptcy 5 times. Reading SS tweets gave me a migraine  502811600

Saw Erik Wemple of the WaPos give his 'hot take' on the event. In true form he did some 'both sides olympics' and weighed in that yes Acosta is a Grandstander, but CNN is right to sue. Of course he has a right to sue and BFD if he grand stands but thanks for making this a fair and balanced hot take.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next