Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats.

+10
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats. Empty Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats.

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 12:54 pm

so much for the tolerant left

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, I'm not particularly impressed with the "we know where you sleep" bullshit.

On the other hand, Tucker puts his family in this position every night with the disgusting things he says and advocates. The mail bombs and synagogue shooting were directly inspired by crap propagated by him and his network. If we look at authoritarian regimes of the past, maybe activists showing up at the homes of propagandists earlier in the process heads off some worse atrocities.

In the end, his wife married the fucker. I don't really think she has any illusions about what he is. His kids weren't at home. I don't know if the protestors knew that, but if they didn't, fuck them for terrifying kids. If they did... well....

I notice all the civility junkies are out in force saying this in unacceptable. I'm not convinced.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats. Empty Re: Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats.

Post by DWags 11/8/2018, 1:00 pm

Rocinante wrote:so much for the tolerant left

I'm of two minds on this.  On one hand, I'm not particularly impressed with the "we know where you sleep" bullshit.  

On the other hand, Tucker puts his family in this position every night with the disgusting things he says and advocates.  The mail bombs and synagogue shooting were directly inspired by crap propagated by him and his network.   If we look at authoritarian regimes of the past, maybe activists showing up at the homes of propagandists earlier in the process heads off some worse atrocities.  

In the end, his wife married the fucker.  I don't really think she has any illusions about what he is.  His kids weren't at home.  I don't know if the protestors knew that, but if they didn't, fuck them for terrifying kids.  If they did... well....

I notice all the civility junkies are out in force saying this in unacceptable.  I'm not convinced.

No matter how much of a dick your parents are, no family member should ever be threatened.  Larry Nassar's family shouldn't.  They did  nothing, and you can't help what your dad or mom do.   Way over the line, and I hate that fucker.

That said, Fox news should now make a statement that when their partner, Donald Trump makes statements against news people it is also frightening for the news people and their family.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats. Empty Re: Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats.

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 1:12 pm

The Nassar situation isn't comparable, in my opinion, Wags. I agree that Carlson's wife isn't a propagandist, but unless she's literally blind and deaf, she knows he is. She's an adult and makes her own choices. Like I said, if the protestors knew his kids weren't home, that makes a difference. They probably didn't. That makes them assholes. I'll go straight Godwin's Law here: If a mob showed up at Goebels' house in 1933, maybe we wouldn't have had concentration camps.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 11/8/2018, 1:24 pm

I don't care how big of a fuckwad someone is, leave the families out of it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 11/8/2018, 1:26 pm

No
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 1:37 pm

Today we have a shooting in CA that is the kind of hellish violence that defies comprehension and we wonder how it could happen.
Also we have a mob trying to break down the front door at TC's home and scare the shit out of his wife over words he uses on TV, and many seem to think it is perfectly justifiable.
Am I the only one that sees a linear correlation in these events?

I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 1:45 pm

[tw]1060535666004709376[/tw]
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 11/8/2018, 1:54 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:[tw]1060535666004709376[/tw]

Protestor is lucky she didn't have a gun.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/8/2018, 1:57 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:[tw]1060535666004709376[/tw]

That’s my first thought. Kind of surprised a protestor didn’t get blasted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/8/2018, 1:59 pm

I’ve been saying to friends for twenty years the US is going to wind up Balkanized. This is just another step in that direction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 2:02 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I believe this was in DC, doubt Castle Doctrine would apply, they'd have to have come through the door and even then she'd probably have to prove she tried to get away.

Sadly it will probably take a death or 2 in instances like this for people to take it as a serious issue, even then, it will probably only ratchet things up further.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 2:07 pm

I think it's perfectly legitimate to look at the propaganda spread by this man and his network as being an inspiration for real violence and death (vs. chanting and threats) and to ask whether he should be personally held responsible by engaged citizenry when our elected leaders choose to do nothing. I think it's certainly not a open and shut case, but I'm not willing to dismiss it out of hand just because they went to his house. He should be afraid after what he's done.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 2:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:I think it's perfectly legitimate to look at the propaganda spread by this man and his network as being an inspiration for real violence and death (vs. chanting and threats) and to ask whether he should be personally held responsible by engaged citizenry when our elected leaders choose to do nothing. I think it's certainly not a open and shut case, but I'm not willing to dismiss it out of hand just because they went to his house. He should be afraid after what he's done.

OK, got you down as a 'no' on the 1st Amendment.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 2:15 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I think it's perfectly legitimate to look at the propaganda spread by this man and his network as being an inspiration for real violence and death (vs. chanting and threats) and to ask whether he should be personally held responsible by engaged citizenry when our elected leaders choose to do nothing. I think it's certainly not a open and shut case, but I'm not willing to dismiss it out of hand just because they went to his house. He should be afraid after what he's done.

OK, got you down as a 'no' on the 1st Amendment.

That's a crock of shit and you know it. Free speech comes with responsibility. You can directly trace things talked about by Tucker Carlson to the Pittsburgh shooting. Fox News is the modern American version of the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 2:18 pm

Meanwhile a journalist not friendly to the president gets banned from the White House for something that literally never happened and The White House Press Secretary uses a clearly doctored video to justify it.  Maybe mobs are what we need.

Last edited by Rocinante on 11/8/2018, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/8/2018, 2:18 pm

I don't know... Part of me is like if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen (or more appropriately, quit being the fucktard that turns on the burners then runs away...)

The other part of me thinks not at home, not at night. (Follow him in and out of home... around town... at the studio definitely... leave the family out of it.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 2:26 pm

Rocinante wrote:

That's a crock of shit and you know it.  Free speech comes with responsibility.  You can directly trace things talked about by Tucker Carlson to the Pittsburgh shooting.  Fox News is the modern American version of the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.

Can you elaborate on this, please? Did Tucker buy the guy's gun, give him the address, I mean what did Tucker do?

Meanwhile, Acosta is a flaming douche that should have apologized (sincerely) and that should have been that, but because he's a preening douche, the story is all about him and, like it or not, Trump is the President and you have to follow his rules in his house, even when he's a douche, too.

Actually saw some people claim Trump set up Acosta and Jim just played right into it.
Headlines are 'reporter banned from White House' meanwhile GOP loses House and Trump fires Sessions are at the bottom of the page.
I guess you'd have to give Trump a lot of credit to believe that.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 2:30 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

That's a crock of shit and you know it. Free speech comes with responsibility. You can directly trace things talked about by Tucker Carlson to the Pittsburgh shooting. Fox News is the modern American version of the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda.

Can you elaborate on this, please? Did Tucker buy the guy's gun, give him the address, I mean what did Tucker do?
Meanwhile, Acosta is a flaming douche that should have apologized (sincerely) and that should have been that, but because he's a preening douche, the story is all about him and, like it or not, Trump is the President and you have to follow his rules in his house, even when he's a douche, too.
Actually saw some people claim Trump set up Acosta and Jim just played right into it.
Headlines are 'reporter banned from White House' meanwhile GOP loses House and Trump fires Sessions are at the bottom of the page.

I don't know what newspapers you are reading, but all mine are leading with The House and Sessions. I had to go looking for the Tucker and the Acosta story.

And yes, I'll elaborate. Just like Alex Jones can be blamed for people confronting the parents of the Sandy Hook victims because he said they were all actors, Tucker Carlson can be held accountable for his part in spreading the George Soros / Globalist dog-whistle bullshit that lead to the shooting in Pittsburgh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 2:41 pm

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I don't know what newspapers you are reading, but all mine are leading with The House and Sessions. I had to go looking for the Tucker and the Acosta story.

And yes, I'll elaborate. Just like Alex Jones can be blamed for people confronting the parents of the Sandy Hook victims because he said they were all actors, Tucker Carlson can be held accountable for his part in spreading the George Soros / Globalist dog-whistle bullshit that lead to the shooting in Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, are you saying Tucker blamed Soros for something, and because Soros was born a Jew, that was the signal for the buffoon to start shooting old people in a synagogue?
That's a bit tenuous isn't it?
Sometimes sick fucks are just sick fucks. Trying to rationalize irrational behavior will only get you irrational answers, like justifying scaring the shit out of some poor woman over what her husband said on TV.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 11/8/2018, 2:49 pm

Yeah, Roc, you're just wrong. If he's out in public, fine, protest away. I don't even really care if his kids are with him in public.

I draw a bright red line at showing up at a private residence, much less trying to break down the door. No reasonable person disagrees about this. If you disagree, you are demonstrating yourself to be unreasonable.

Comparing Tucker Carlson to Goebbels is also giving Carlson way more credit than he deserves.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 2:56 pm

Cameron wrote:Yeah, Roc, you're just wrong. If he's out in public, fine, protest away. I don't even really care if his kids are with him in public.

I draw a bright red line at showing up at a private residence, much less trying to break down the door. No reasonable person disagrees about this. If you disagree, you are demonstrating yourself to be unreasonable.

Comparing Tucker Carlson to Goebbels is also giving Carlson way more credit than he deserves.

To be sure, I'm comparing all of Fox News To Goebbels.

And I think we are living in unreasonable times. I don't like the idea of mob justice, and I also don't like the idea of no justice, and propagandists not being held accountable. Like I said at the outset, I'm of two minds on this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 3:02 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, are you saying Tucker blamed Soros for something, and because Soros was born a Jew, that was the signal for the buffoon to start shooting old people in a synagogue?
Sometimes sick fucks are just sick fucks. Trying to rationalize irrational behavior will only get you irrational answers, like justifying scaring the shit out of some poor woman over what her husband said on TV.

No, it's not tenuous. White Nationalists use "Soros" and "Globalist" as code for Jew. It's not even something that very hidden.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/8/2018, 3:05 pm

This article came out today -

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/665407589/kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-continues-receiving-threats-lawyers-say

"She has had to move four times, she wrote last month. She has had to pay for a private security detail. She hasn't been able to return to her job as a professor at Palo Alto University. A spokeswoman for the school did not respond to a question about whether there was a timeline for Ford to return."

I hate that there's an undercurrent in our culture that resorts to death threats an intimidation against people they disagree with.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 3:08 pm

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

No, it's not tenuous. White Nationalists use "Soros" and "Globalist" as code for Jew. It's not even something that very hidden.

I won't say never. but absolutely not in this case, Tucker is not a white nationalist.
You can dislike Soros for his ideas without even knowing he's a Jew.
Next you'll be telling me Trump is anti-Semetic.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 3:10 pm

steveschneider wrote:This article came out today -

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/665407589/kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-continues-receiving-threats-lawyers-say

"She has had to move four times, she wrote last month. She has had to pay for a private security detail. She hasn't been able to return to her job as a professor at Palo Alto University. A spokeswoman for the school did not respond to a question about whether there was a timeline for Ford to return."

I hate that there's an undercurrent in our culture that resorts to death threats an intimidation against people they disagree with.

No one deserves threats of violence over politics, it is ridiculous.
If I were Ford, I'd be pretty pissed at Diane Feinstein for setting me up for this.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 3:14 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I won't say never. but absolutely not in this case, Tucker is not a white nationalist.
You can dislike Soros for his ideas without even knowing he's a Jew.
Next you'll be telling me Trump is anti-Semetic.

Tucker doesn't have to be a white nationalist to spread their propaganda. Trump doesn't have to be an anti semite to use their rhetoric. And they both do. It's like that damn pizza gate thing. Michael Flynn knew damn well it was bullshit, but he still spread the lies because he knew idiots would run with it. Should there be no consequences?

It's not a both-siderism thing for me, steve. I don't think the situation with Ford is comparable to Tucker, any more than Wags' comparison to Nassar. I thought this was my safe tree, but you guys are fucking it all up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 11/8/2018, 3:22 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I believe this was in DC, doubt Castle Doctrine would apply, they'd have to have come through the door and even then she'd probably have to prove she tried to get away.

Sadly it will probably take a death or 2 in instances like this for people to take it as a serious issue, even then, it will probably only ratchet things up further.

Would a trick shot over the shoulder qualify as trying to get away?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/8/2018, 3:29 pm

She's didn't spout propaganda. Carlson does literally on a daily basis.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/8/2018, 3:37 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

She's didn't spout propaganda. Carlson does literally on a daily basis.

Just saw some one on twitter condemn the thugs that did this to Tucker but also noted that Tucker’s site the Daily Caller doxxed him and resulted in him being the victim of relentless harassment. Go figure?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/8/2018, 3:40 pm

Rocinante wrote:Meanwhile a journalist not friendly to the president gets banned from the White House for something that literally never happened and The White House Press Secretary uses a clearly doctored video to justify it.  Maybe mobs are what we need.

What did I miss? Doctored?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/8/2018, 3:50 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:This article came out today -

If I were Ford, I'd be pretty pissed at Diane Feinstein for setting me up for this.

You spelled Kavanaugh wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 4:02 pm

DWags wrote:

I know you know better, if Feinstein got the information like she said and handled it at the appropriate time, Ford should never have had to come forward. Kavanaugh had nothing to do with that.
It was all a campaign ploy by Feinstein at Ford's expense.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/8/2018, 4:03 pm

[tw]1060588061883416576[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/8/2018, 4:05 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know you know better, if Feinstein got the information like she said and handled it at the appropriate time, Ford should never have had to come forward. Kavanaugh had nothing to do with that.
It was all a campaign ploy by Feinstein at Ford's expense.

Doesn’t matter. There shouldn’t be death threats towards her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 11/8/2018, 4:37 pm

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Meanwhile a journalist not friendly to the president gets banned from the White House for something that literally never happened and The White House Press Secretary uses a clearly doctored video to justify it.  Maybe mobs are what we need.

What did I miss? Doctored?

Altered speed to make incidental contact look more like a karate chop.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 11/8/2018, 4:40 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:Yeah, Roc, you're just wrong. If he's out in public, fine, protest away. I don't even really care if his kids are with him in public.

To be sure, I'm comparing all of Fox News To Goebbels.

And I think we are living in unreasonable times. I don't like the idea of mob justice, and I also don't like the idea of no justice, and propagandists not being held accountable. Like I said at the outset, I'm of two minds on this.

We absolutely live in unreasonable times. And we all have to make the decision whether to push back against it or to lean into it. I will be pushing back.

I'd rather lose guided by principles I believe in than win by adopting the unethical tactics of those I oppose.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 11/8/2018, 4:44 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:
Doesn’t matter. There shouldn’t be death threats towards her.

I agree.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/8/2018, 5:02 pm

[tw]1060638059564281857[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 5:10 pm

Protesters show up at Tucker Carlson's home - Chant threats. Be-best-Melania-Trump-logo_dezeen_2364_col_0-852x479
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 11/8/2018, 5:51 pm

Splinter gets it right again.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next