Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today

+11
duffy munn
By-Tor
TheReal_LWS
kingstonlake
DWags
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today Empty Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 10:27

Janet Jackson? Really? Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859  Stevie Nicks....again?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 No Todd?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 Will Robert Smith ever comb his hair?
It is an interesting place to visit (I've never paid admission) but it is not the epitome of R&R, just a vanity project for some wealthy wannabes.

Bob, your thoughts?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/arts/music/rock-roll-hall-fame-inductees-janet-jackson.html

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-12-13, 10:31; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today Empty Re: Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-13, 10:31

Like Jerry Garcia, I shun the idea of the rock n roll hall of fame.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today Empty Re: Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today

Post by Guest 2018-12-13, 10:39

Any "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame without Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Grand Funk and Motorhead is by definition a sham.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-13, 10:40

I've never been there and wouldn't waste my $$ on what is mostly a tourist trap on the level of Wall Drugs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-13, 10:41

Janet Jackson? scratch
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-12-13, 10:42

I.B. Fine wrote:Janet Jackson? Really? Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859  Stevie Nicks....again?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 No Todd?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 Will Robert Smith ever comb his hair?
It is an interesting place to visit (I've never paid admission) but it is not the epitome of R&R, just a vanity project for some wealthy wannabes.

Bob, your thoughts?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/arts/music/rock-roll-hall-fame-inductees-janet-jackson.html
I truly don't keep close tabs on it - but as long as Janet Jackson is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I guess we can't complain too much.

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 10:47

I don't even know what they charge, been to a few events I didn't have to pay for. They have some interesting archival stuff of people you may actually be interested in, old video, instruments, correspondence, but they also have a ton of crap.

I guess they can count on Janet Jackson fans making the journey now. Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-12-13, 10:51

What has the R&R HOF Done For You Lately?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 10:51

The RnR HOF sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 11:11

I.B. Fine wrote:Janet Jackson? Really? Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859  Stevie Nicks....again?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 No Todd?  Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 294152859 Will Robert Smith ever comb his hair?

Bob, your thoughts?

Shut your whore mouth about stevie nicks. Shut it! First crush I ever had back in the 70's. She remains my hall pass from my wife. (yeah, I know what she looks like now) I'd still do her and brag about it. You bet I would. So shut your dirty little whore mouth and get your eyes checked.

Bitch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-13, 11:14

Should the Horse racing Hall of Fame induct Richard Petty?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-13, 11:26

LOL The RnR HOF is a clown show.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-12-13, 11:41

Blah blah blah....
Blah blah, blah blah blah
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-12-13, 11:43

By-Tor wrote:Blah blah blah....
Blah blah, blah blah blah

Best acceptance speech ever.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 11:47

Call me up when GG Allin makes it in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-12-13, 12:01

DWags wrote:

Bob, your thoughts?

Shut your whore mouth about stevie nicks. Shut it! First crush I ever had back in the 70's. She remains my hall pass from my wife. (yeah, I know what she looks like now) I'd still do her and brag about it. You bet I would. So shut your dirty little whore mouth and get your eyes checked.

Bitch.

A friend of mine ( a mutual friend of Jingles, because all things lead to Jingles) DID crush Stevie in the 1970's! If you want I can get you his contact info so he can tell you how awesome it was lol. He's not shy about bragging.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-12-13, 12:02

Freaking Bon Jovi is in. All credibility lost.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-12-13, 12:14

duffy munn wrote:Freaking Bon Jovi is in. All credibility lost.

So if BJ wasn't in, RnR HOF would still have credibility?

Despite:

N.W.A.
Beastie Boys (though they did some rock)
Run D.M.C.
Madonna
Michael Jackson

just to name a few.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 12:33

Is Slayer, Anthrax or Megadeth in? If you don't have the big four in there then that tells me everything about what a fraud that place is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-12-13, 12:39

TheReal_LWS wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Freaking Bon Jovi is in. All credibility lost.

So if BJ wasn't in, RnR HOF would still have credibility?

Despite:

N.W.A.
Beastie Boys (though they did some rock)
Run D.M.C.
Madonna
Michael Jackson

just to name a few.

No real opinion on the bands you listed. I just know I can't stand Bon Jovi. Hell, their only fans are now 45 year old women that aren't even MILFs/
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-13, 13:06

Working off the baseball HOF thread, fuck HOFs.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 13:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Working off the baseball HOF thread, fuck HOFs.

This. I hope they all go out of business.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 13:40

duffy munn wrote:
No real opinion on the bands you listed. I just know I can't stand Bon Jovi. Hell, their only fans are now 45+ year old women that aren't even MILFs/

How dare you talk about my wife that way! Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-12-13, 13:41

I.B. Fine wrote:
duffy munn wrote:
No real opinion on the bands you listed. I just know I can't stand Bon Jovi. Hell, their only fans are now 45+ year old women that aren't even MILFs/

How dare you talk about my wife that way!

My apologies. I'm sure your wife is a MILF.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 13:43

DWags wrote:

Bitch.

Stevie is in for Fleetwood Mac (not even the best version of that band), her solo stuff is not R&R, and in her day, who didn't want her?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-12-13, 13:45

steveschneider wrote:Is Slayer, Anthrax or Megadeth in? If you don't have the big four in there then that tells me everything about what a fraud that place is.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-13, 13:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Is Slayer, Anthrax or Megadeth in? If you don't have the big four in there then that tells me everything about what a fraud that place is.

lol, the Motorhead fans at Harpos in '86 would have made those Slayer fans look like Mormons at a Sunday picnic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 14:05

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Bitch.

Stevie is in for Fleetwood Mac (not even the best version of that band), her solo stuff is not R&R, and in her day, who didn't want her?

Stop looking at her or thinking about her. TIA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 14:23

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Stop looking at her or thinking about her.  TIA.

Go for it, Wags
Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.janetcharltonshollywood.com%2Fimages%2F2010%2F03%2F38782PCN_Nicks01_cut
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 14:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

lol, the Motorhead fans at Harpos in '86 would have made those Slayer fans look like Mormons at a Sunday picnic.

That was a good bit. Reminded me of the one time of made the mistake of going in the mosh pit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-12-13, 15:04

The RRHOF is dumb, but I LOVE that Def Leppard got in on the first ballot, while Radiohead only got in the second time around. Suck on that, Pitchfork.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-13, 16:08

When the hell will NIN get in?!?!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2018-12-13, 16:08

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Go for it, Wags
Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.janetcharltonshollywood.com%2Fimages%2F2010%2F03%2F38782PCN_Nicks01_cut

whoa
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2018-12-13, 16:41

Hanson in yet?
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-13, 16:44

Banks2Mason wrote:Hanson in yet?

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946 Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946 Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946 Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946 Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946 Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 16:57

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Go for it, Wags

You fucker. She’s like 70.

Meh, I still would. Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 17:02

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 29420610
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-12-13, 17:03

Plus her voice was just mesmerizing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-13, 17:05

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Go for it, Wags

You fucker.  She’s like 70.  

Meh, I still would. Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today 502811600

You're right she's 70,
Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcar-from-uk.com%2Febay%2Fcarphotos%2Ffull%2Febay147708268610884
but she's got way more miles than your average '70 on her
Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fst.hotrod.com%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F21%2F2016%2F11%2F028-1970-Chevelle-in-a-Storage-Lot
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-12-13, 17:36

DWags wrote:Plus her voice was just mesmerizing

Please disparage the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame, particularly the newest class announced today Stevie-nicks-the-goat-south-park-63.6
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next