Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

2 posters

Go down

2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO Empty 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-02, 14:01

Anyone see that?

The Good:
I loved 90% of it, especially Carrie Underwood in the Linda Ronstadt intro- ( though all of the other  ladies were ok )  But holy shit, Carrie Underwood carried the segment. She's better than Ronstadt and that's saying a lot because Ronstadt was fabulous and beautiful too.

I loved most of the Artists/Groups and even liked/respected Nirvana ( see below). I couldn't believe how good Cat Stevens sounded and looked. ( I didn't recognize Art Garfunkel- dude got old! )

Disappointing:
KISS didn't play.

Horrific:
The Nirvana segment was a complete atrocity. From the embarrassingly silly and moronic injection of politics ( Iran Contra/ Reagan Administration ) by Michael Stipe of REM ( one of the most boring, self-important, self-worshiping bands ever inflicted on the music listening public ), to the crappiness of Joan Jett and the underwhelming other stand-ins for Cobain and lastly the haggard, skankiness of an obviously drunk/drugged Courtney Love.  Uuuuuuggg-leeeee.
( BTW Kurt Cobain's Mother is excepted from this tirade because she was humble, brief and clearly emotionally touched. )
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO Empty Re: 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Post by kingstonlake 2014-06-02, 14:05

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO Empty Re: 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on HBO

Post by kingstonlake 2014-06-02, 14:07

I turned it off before the nirvana thingy. Knowing a drug addled Love was gonna be there I figured I'd save myself the cost of a new television.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-02, 14:19

kingstonlake wrote:I turned it off before the nirvana thingy. Knowing a drug addled Love was gonna be there I figured I'd save myself the cost of a new television.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was fearing the moment when that attention whore, skank of all skanks tried to wrestle and another 15 minutes of fame out of the accomplishments of her dead husband. But I was really hoping someone dynamic and appropriate was going to stand-in for Cobain but it was not to be.  Then, after the disappointing set, I was pleased thinking she might have been excluded- Then NO! There she was in all of her slutty, drugged-out, skankiness!  Between her and Michael Stipe- it was offensive. Fk them both.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-06-02, 15:35

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was fearing the moment when that attention whore, skank of all skanks tried to wrestle and another 15 minutes of fame out of the accomplishments of her dead husband. But I was really hoping someone dynamic and appropriate was going to stand-in for Cobain but it was not to be.  Then, after the disappointing set, I was pleased thinking she might have been excluded- Then NO! There she was in all of her slutty, drugged-out, skankiness!  Between her and Michael Stipe- it was offensive. Fk them both.

Yeah, i wondered what stunt the self absorbed Stipe was gonna pull. Dude, we are not here to listen to your boring ass political views!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-06-02, 16:59

RNR Hof is a fucking joke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down