Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrat Virginia Governor

+14
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Democrat Virginia Governor - Page 2 Empty Re: Democrat Virginia Governor

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 13:59

Rocinante wrote:The website that broke this story is a hoot.

bigleaguepolitics.com (guess where their loyalties lie)?

Now trying to torpedo the Lt. Governor of Virginia with sexual assault allegations that were deemed unsubstantiated when the real press vetted them.  

I heard the editor of this site on NPR a couple nights ago.  He says "I don't believe that journalists should be sanctioned or licensed. I think that citizens with cellphone cameras can be journalists all over the country."  

Which in my opinion is exactly the problem with news in this country.  This is the tactic of the elite:  saturate the web with bullshit so that nobody can ever tell what the actual truth is.
I can't imagine the mainstream media being so reckless with the truth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 14:11

Dr. Strangelove wrote:And now trouble for the Dem Lt Gov. Feels like Coonman is mudding the waters to try to survive

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Lt-Governor-Fairfax-denies-allegations-of-sexual-assault-505297401.html

Is that actually someone’s last name or are you just being an asshole?

Edit: Alright, Doc, I apologize. I had no idea of that d-bag’s nickname.

Last edited by tGreenWay on Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:28; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 14:16

tGreenWay wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:And now trouble for the Dem Lt Gov. Feels like Coonman is mudding the waters to try to survive

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Lt-Governor-Fairfax-denies-allegations-of-sexual-assault-505297401.html

Yeah what’s that about.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 14:54

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah what’s that about.

It’s the Gov’’s nickname from college. No joke.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:18

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah what’s that about.

Good lord... Didn't anyone do a background check on this tool? Just ANY idiot can run for gov in Virginia apparently.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:27

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah what’s that about.

Just ridiculous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 15:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Good lord... Didn't anyone do a background check on this tool? Just ANY idiot can run for gov in Virginia apparently.

This, from both parties. The companies that do oppo research get paid a shit ton of money. Somebody was overpaid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 16:48

Fairfax not happy - via Twitter

NEW: An extraordinary day turns chaotic as Fairfax suggests Northam is behind "a smear" aimed at blocking his ascent to the governorship and recounts a sexual encounter with a woman he said was "very interested in me."

But she says it was assault >

https://t.co/X9qPp1fmbV
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 11:53

Now the Democrat Attorney General of VA says he also wore blackface in the 80s.

Wtf is going on in the Old Dominion?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c5b0e1fe4b09293b20aa061
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:11

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Now the Democrat Attorney General of VA says he also wore blackface in the 80s.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me racism still exists in Virginia? Home of Charlottesville? Seat of the Confederacy? I am shocked & outraged! Lots of white people have been saying for years now that racism is dead in America. Not so?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:19

Heat Miser wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Now the Democrat Attorney General of VA says he also wore blackface in the 80s.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me racism still exists in Virginia? Home of Charlottesville? Seat of the Confederacy? I am shocked & outraged! Lots of white people have been saying for years now that racism is dead in America. Not so?

I think there are good people on both sides of that thought.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:25

Heat Miser wrote:

Democrat Virginia Governor - Page 2 Https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:27

Democrat Virginia Governor - Page 2 1-32b828dbac

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:27

David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s vision for America.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 17:00

I’ve given VA politics some thought lately and although you may run up against the occasional decades old rape allegation, it’s highly unlikely that there are going to be decades old photographs of black VA politicians in white face.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:22

Hey Bob you can play whataboutism until the Internet dries up and blows away but that won't change the fact that the top three Virginia state elected officials (all Democrats) are under fire for acts of misconduct. This is going to leave a mark and the longer Larry, Moe and Curly hang around the worse it will be for the Democrats. It also really steps all over the national party's #AllWomenMustBeBelieved and only Republicans are racists storylines
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:50

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Hey Bob you can play whataboutism until the Internet dries up and blows away but that won't change the fact that the top three Virginia state elected officials (all Democrats) are under fire for acts of misconduct. This is going to leave a mark and the longer Larry, Moe and Curly hang around the worse it will be for the Democrats. It also really steps all over the national party's #AllWomenMustBeBelieved and only Republicans are racists storylines

Agree.

What's your stance on Steve King from Iowa?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:57

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Hey Bob you can play whataboutism until the Internet dries up and blows away but that won't change the fact that the top three Virginia state elected officials (all Democrats) are under fire for acts of misconduct. This is going to leave a mark and the longer Larry, Moe and Curly hang around the worse it will be for the Democrats. It also really steps all over the national party's #AllWomenMustBeBelieved and only Republicans are racists storylines

Agree. What's your stance on the racist hypocrite Mitch Mconnell? Uses medicare as a child, votes against it now. That picture is pretty fucked up
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:58

Agree. What's your stance on a piece of shit person who can go on tv the day after a murder took place at a rally in Virginia and tell us that there were good people on both sides?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:59

Agree. What's your stance on most of the people still voting for and pulling for Trump because at this point we know that their racism is the biggest attraction to him
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 19:30

1. Steve King should have been shown the door a long time ago.
2. McConnell can go
3. Trump isn't racist and that line of attack is lazy and nonsensical.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 19:31

Dr. Strangelove wrote:1. Steve King should have been shown the door a long time ago.
2. McConnell can go

Agree
Agree
Bull shit
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 22:55

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/rep-bobby-scott-learned-lt-gov-justin-fairfax/story?id=60898781

Virginia Democratic Congressman Bobby Scott was made aware of allegations of sexual assault against now-Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax over a year ago by the alleged victim herself, ABC News has learned.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 23:08

Doc I would like to hear your argument as to why 45 isn't racist. I mean there are laundry lists of evidence. While nothing overt other than some lawsuits from 40 years ago, at some point when the list becomes 50+ items long, shouldn't there be a logical point where we can conclude the duck thing about walking and talking?

And I guess an argument can be made as to whether he is acting a certain way to appeal to others once his political career began. At the very least an educated person has to concede that, right? Is that any better than just flat out being a racist?

Honestly interested to hear your opinion. You don't get all emo about this shit like some others tend to do.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 1:20

When he said a Mexican judge cannot be impartial in a case against him because of his stance on building a wall, he removed any doubt.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 4:05

Dr. Strangelove wrote:1. Steve King should have been shown the door a long time ago.
2. McConnell can go

1. fine
2. ok by me
3. ok, but the racists thinks he's racist. That's the problem.

This VA story and putin's puppet boy policies on the southern border have a common thread connecting them. They both came from "zero tolerance" school of thought.

Separating children from parents for people seeking legal asylum was fought by enforcing a "zero tolerance" policy. Then they really fucked it up more by not keeping track of which kid was with which adult. It was immoral.

Then, during the Kavanaugh hearings, Dems also had their own version of "zero tolerance", only it applied to things like race and accusations of sexism. Sounds good, until this something like the VA situation comes up.

In both cases, "zero tolerance" means "zero thought". Both sides have realized the shortcomings of shoot first, think later.

In VA, the best thing to do is to slow down all the talk of resignations. Think, then shoot IF NEEDED. They might find there's a better remedy than automatically saying if someone does X, then Y MUST be the penalty.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 17:13

I realize that calling Trump a racist feeds into an important storyline for the Democrats. But I argue he is no more racist than a Joe Biden.

First off Mexican is not a race and neither is Muslim.

As for the blacks you can argue the 73 Fair Housing lawsuits. I will agree there are some troubling aspects of that but they were resolved.

He is a publicity whore and he seemed to have no problem interacting and taking pictures with a number of well know black people.

He has employed untold numbers of blacks in his businesses.

Trump has an almost maniacal need to be liked and I view his Charlottesville comments in that light.

Black unemployment is at an all-time low under Trump.

Trump makes an entirely valid point that the black leadership does their followers no favors by being in lockstep with the Democrats. If they at least flirted with the GOP they might get a better deal.

Now if you want to say that some of his followers are full blown racists id agree with you. But I would also come back with some whataboutism.

So I get it. He will always be the racist orangeman to you. Whatever. But you might as well get used to it because he's the favorite to get reelected (+225)
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 20:01

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I realize that calling Trump a racist feeds into an important storyline for the Democrats. But I argue he is no more racist than a Joe Biden.

As for the blacks you can argue the 73 Fair Housing lawsuits. I will agree there are some troubling aspects of that but they were resolved.

He is a publicity whore and he seemed to have no problem interacting and taking pictures with a number of well know black people.

Trump has an almost maniacal need to be liked and I view his Charlottesville comments in that light.

Trump makes an entirely valid point that the black leadership does their followers no favors by being in lockstep with the Democrats. If they at least flirted with the GOP they might get a better deal.

Now if you want to say that some of his followers are full blown racists id agree with you. But I would also come back with some whataboutism.

So I get it. He will always be the racist orangeman to you. Whatever. But you might as well get used to it because he's the favorite to get reelected (+225)
the racist bigoted christian sexual predator is a racist.

and America is a stupid (and racist) country.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 22:52

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I realize that calling Trump a racist feeds into an important storyline for the Democrats. But I argue he is no more racist than a Joe Biden.

Ok. Fair enough. Yeah I mean I disagree with a lot of your conclusions but it's ok, we don't need to argue semantics. And fwiw I don't hate him because I think he's racist. That's merely one component of it.

I see your point about his need to be "liked" but I actually think I give him more credit than you do. I think he is smart enough to know what plays well with his base and he's calculated in that regard in terms of what he says. He wants to get re-elected so he selectively says or doesn't say certain things that he knows will help rally them.

Also no bold predictions on this front because I don't know shit about politics. But as a fellow gambler, you know as well as I do those odds are going to shift dramatically once it becomes a 2 person race. Not that that means anything, given the huge favorite that Hillary was going into election night.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 0:01

He’s as racist of a person I know. And his racism attracts other racists.

Honestly, just give me the answer as to why he thought an Hispanic judge couldn’t give him a fair shake.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 16:52

Second accuser names Lt Gov Fairfax a rapist
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:05

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Are those good odds for a sitting President at this juncture?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 21:13

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Can't find historical data that that fits the time frame. Closest I could find was Obama was even money in 2011
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 21:27

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Can't find historical data that that fits the time frame. Closest I could find was Obama was even money in 2011

Obama!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 7:12

NigelUno wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Obama!
 Democrat Virginia Governor - Page 2 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 9:59

That governor sounds like a complete idiot. Can't be him in the pic because he's lefthanded. Pic of him signing a bill with his right hand immediately pops up on the internets.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 10:18

Trump is smart enough to know that it only takes a morsel to feed the masses. It only requires a small sound bite every couple weeks to keep them fed. Be it a racist, a pro lifer, a Christian, a homophobe, or a billionaire. As long as you keep an accurate feeding chart, you're good.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 10:59

Jake from State Farm wrote:That governor sounds like a complete idiot. Can't be him in the pic because he's lefthanded. Pic of him signing a bill with his right hand immediately pops up on the internets.
 Democrat Virginia Governor - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 11:00

kingstonlake wrote:Trump is smart enough to know that it only takes a morsel to feed the masses. It only requires a small sound bite every couple weeks to keep them fed. Be it a racist, a pro lifer, a Christian, a homophobe, or a billionaire. As long as you keep an accurate feeding chart, you're good.
it doesn't take much fuel to keep a racist, bigoted misogynistic deplorable alive.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2