Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

+8
DWags
Cameron
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Rocinante
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  Empty Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-11, 14:37

Democratic Leaders Condemn Omar’s Statements as Anti-Semitic

https://nyti.ms/2E4hBlN?smid=nytcore-ios-share

She’s green and so maybe is being a little bold in her exhortations, but she’s not wrong. And I’m tired of Democrats lining up right next to republicans to condemn as antisemitic, anyone who questions Israel or US policy toward Israel.

There are legitimate reasons to feel the echoes of manifest destiny in the actions of Israel re: setttlements, and to feel uncomfortable that our government for the most part never questions them.

I understand that Israel is the only ally in the region that mostly shares our values, but we pump billions to them in military aid every year. We’re not allowed to question them AT ALL!?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  Empty Re: Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

Post by Heat Miser 2019-02-11, 14:56

You are correct sir. And so is she.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  Empty Re: Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-11, 14:59

[tw]1095048998312910851[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-11, 15:09

oh heck yeah.. she's absolutely correct. Refreshing to see someone tell the truth.

I'd like to add that Netanyahu is a terrorist.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-11, 15:39

Notice how quickly she’s become a politician.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-11, 15:54

Rocinante wrote:Notice how quickly she’s become a politician.
she apologized because America is a stupid country that controls the public perceptions of people.. especially Democrats.

"after the break, more on Elizabeth Warren's claims to be a native American.. Hillary's email account.. AOC's statement that world is ending in 12 years along with her plan to ruin the airline industry..  and, man, wait until you hear what the Muslim congresswoman said about Jews"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-11, 17:41

No win situation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-11, 19:12

Sheldon Adelson expects nothing for the millions he donates to the GOP.

You want to believe that?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-02-11, 19:41

Just as there are certain truths that are best voiced by someone other than a straight, white male, there are certain truths (particularly about Israel) that are best voiced by someone other than a Muslim. Not that she can't say whatever she wants about whatever topic she chooses, but she ought to choose her words more carefully, because whatever she says will be scrutinized more closely because of who she is.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-11, 20:07

On the upside, this latest manufactured outrage gave AOC a temporary break from being demonized.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-12, 02:22

Well pro Israel lobbyists admit their money influences DC. Caught on tape.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-02-12, 06:31

Wait. Aren't these the same people that restrained travel from majority Muslim countries based on "security issues". When clearly it was pretty much a xenophobic move to pander to the base? They want to talk about anti semitism? I mean come on.

msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-12, 08:40

kingstonlake wrote:No win situation.

“I don’t believe in no win situations”

James Tiberius Kirk

Last edited by Rocinante on 2019-02-12, 14:22; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-12, 13:50

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator says she should "resign from congress"....Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  502811600   Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-12, 13:58

It's all about the Benjamins.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-12, 14:22

NigelUno wrote:It's all about the Benjamins.
Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 10:58

Although she is correct in pointing out the United States' hypocrisy in unequivocally supporting Israel in the face of obvious human rights abuses. And although Israel as a government has gone full cuckoo for cocopuffs by doubling down on the far right, She needs to chill. It's not hard to know how to criticize Israel, or American Israel policy without marching out the old dog whistles. If she really wants to paint herself into a corner where everything she says is dismissed because people assume she's antisemitic, she's doing a good job.

On the other hand, Democrats talking about a fucking floor resolution to "condemn antisemitism" is ridiculous politicking taken to absurdity. Criticism of Israel is not criticism of Judaism. Pandering just proves that Democrats have no spines and can't get out of their own fucking way.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-03-07, 11:00

Rocinante wrote:Although she is correct in pointing out the United States' hypocrisy in unequivocally supporting Israel in the face of obvious human rights abuses. And although Israel as a government has gone full cuckoo for cocopuffs by doubling down on the far right, She needs to chill. It's not hard to know how to criticize Israel, or American Israel policy without marching out the old dog whistles. If she really wants to paint herself into a corner where everything she says is dismissed because people assume she's antisemitic, she's doing a good job.

On the other hand, Democrats talking about a fucking floor resolution to "condemn antisemitism" is ridiculous politicking taken to absurdity. Criticism of Israel is not criticism of Judaism. Pandering just proves that Democrats have no spines and can't get out of their own fucking way.

Well good luck with that because anytime you bring up people of the Jewish faith and money. It's not the best look. Kinda tough to sidestep that subject when it comes to lobbying in the US government.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-07, 11:15

Yeah... I don't get it.

Dems clutching their pearls over this? Rs get to do victory laps on AM radio (without actually explaining what she did "wrong") to the mouth-breathers. "SEEE THER R RACISTS ALL OVER, Durrr"

One of Pelosi's largest donors must be this group or something. All I can figure. I've never understood why Israel (or Cuba) had such a hold over American politics. I get the whole protect them cause we made them post WW2... but not the money flow, etc. We also protect Japan and South Korea, but how many Asian PACS completely OWN politicians?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 11:18

msugolfguy wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Although she is correct in pointing out the United States' hypocrisy in unequivocally supporting Israel in the face of obvious human rights abuses. And although Israel as a government has gone full cuckoo for cocopuffs by doubling down on the far right, She needs to chill. It's not hard to know how to criticize Israel, or American Israel policy without marching out the old dog whistles. If she really wants to paint herself into a corner where everything she says is dismissed because people assume she's antisemitic, she's doing a good job.

Well good luck with that because anytime you bring up people of the Jewish faith and money. It's not the best look. Kinda tough to sidestep that subject when it comes to lobbying in the US government.

It's actually pretty simple. Just find American Jews who agree that Israel's policies are problematic at best (and there are a lot of them, including in AIPAC) to say that it's offensive to assume that all Jews are supporters of the expansionist at all cost policies of Israel. That the real antisemitism is painting all Jews as blindly following Israel. Many Jews all over the world, and in Israel have a complicated relationship to Israel just like many Americans do with America. Democrats kowtow at the first chance they get. Bitches need to fight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 11:28

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeah... I don't get it.

Dems clutching their pearls over this? Rs get to do victory laps on AM radio (without actually explaining what she did "wrong") to the mouth-breathers. "SEEE THER R RACISTS ALL OVER, Durrr"

One of Pelosi's largest donors must be this group or something. All I can figure. I've never understood why Israel (or Cuba) had such a hold over American politics. I get the whole protect them cause we made them post WW2... but not the money flow, etc. We also protect Japan and South Korea, but how many Asian PACS completely OWN politicians?

I don't think it's fair to say they own politicians. I think more accurately, for many reasons, criticism of Israel has become a third rail for both parties, and it just shouldn't be. Remember, Obama bent over backwards increasing military aid to Israel, and lauding again and again, the special American/Israeli relationship, but because he dared to say that settlements should halt and real peace talks should commence, HE was called an antisemite. It's all window dressing. Israel is allowed to get away with things we would sanction the shit out of most other countries for, just because they are Israel, our staunch, supposedly moderate ally in the middle east.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-07, 11:58

In my country there is problem....
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 12:02

Thomas Friedman, who sometimes hits it on the head and other times seems to be lost in his own self-congratulation, says (in way too many words, in my opinion) something coming close to how I feel about this.

Ilhan Omar, Aipac and Me The congresswoman and I have a lot in common — but not her stance on Israel.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 12:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Yeah... I don't get it.

democrats want the money to keep flowing, too.

Israel is a state sponsor of terror and Netanyahu is the face of their terrorist regime.

America and it's leaders aren't opposed to terrorism.. they just like the "good" terrorists.. ya know, like us and Israel.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-03-07, 12:26

Did she call Israel a shithole country? No? Then R's should STFU & D's should stop legitimizing a non-issue.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-07, 12:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In my country there is problem....

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 12:38

Heat Miser wrote:Did she call Israel a shithole country? No? Then R's should STFU & D's should stop legitimizing a non-issue.
it's a good distraction for the political and media elite from issues that actually matter..

ya know, Rep. Omar being a brown female and all...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 12:49

Cameron wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In my country there is problem....

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  502811600

I still can't watch that movie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 13:16

Heat Miser wrote:Did she call Israel a shithole country? No? Then R's should STFU & D's should stop legitimizing a non-issue.

I think that oversimplifies it. Just like “monkeying around” was an alert to racists in Florida, “allegiance to a foreign country” is an alert to antisemites and the wording is so specific, it is very difficult for me to believe she isn’t at least tacitly aware.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 13:23

“They charge us with anti-Semitism…The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a 'passionate attachment' to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what's good for Israel is good for America.”

Take a guess who said this, without looking it up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-03-07, 13:27

Rocinante wrote:

I think that oversimplifies it. Just like “monkeying around” was an alert to racists in Florida, “allegiance to a foreign country” is an alert to antisemites and the wording is so specific, it is very difficult for me to believe she isn’t at least tacitly aware.

You're going to have to help me with that one. I'm not sure of what negative stereotypes are affixed to those of the faith and allegiance to a foreign country.

msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-03-07, 13:28

Rocinante wrote:

I think that's a false equivalency and I think the level of "outrage" here is way over the top & the D's aren't helping matters.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 13:38

Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I think that oversimplifies it.  Just like “monkeying around” was an alert to racists in Florida, “allegiance to a foreign country” is an alert to antisemites and the wording is so specific, it is very difficult for me to believe she isn’t at least tacitly aware.  

I think that's a false equivalency and I think the level of "outrage" here is way over the top & the D's aren't helping matters.

Just because you aren't aware of a common trope (which by the way has also been used against many other religious minorities - Kennedy was accused of being a pope-puppet) doesn't mean it isn't real.  A way to demonize jews has always been to paint them as sinister and with ulterior motives.  It was used extensively by nazis.  

Regardless, my point isn't that she needs to be drummed out.  And I agree with you that it's being blown out of proportion.  I'm simply saying that she's not helping herself.  And also that the democrats need to shut up about it, if they are asked they should make a one sentence statement that criticizing Israel or American policy toward Israel is not the same as antisemitism and then pivot to their platform... which is....????  Fucking Democrats.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 13:46

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Just because you aren't aware of a common trope (which by the way has also been used against many other religious minorities - Kennedy was accused of being a pope-puppet) doesn't mean it isn't real.  A way to demonize jews has always been to paint them as sinister and with ulterior motives.  It was used extensively by nazis.  

Regardless, my point isn't that she needs to be drummed out.  And I agree with you that it's being blown out of proportion.  I'm simply saying that she's not helping herself.  And also that the democrats need to shut up about it, if they are asked they should make a one sentence statement that criticizing Israel or American policy toward Israel is not the same as antisemitism and then pivot to their platform... which is....????  Fucking Democrats.
in the mean time, America is still putting children in cages.  Rolling Eyes

it's probably not a good thing that I'm not a US rep - I don't think the media/political elite are ready to hear that Israel is a state sponsor of terrorism. I thought Ilhan Omar was being very nice in her comments.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 13:56

You can care about more than one thing at a time, Bob.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 14:03

Rocinante wrote:You can care about more than one thing at a time, Bob.
I would argue that most Americans are incapable of that.

we're stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-03-07, 14:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

it's probably not a good thing that I'm not a US rep - I don't think the media/political elite are ready to hear that Israel is a state sponsor of terrorism. I thought Ilhan Omar was being very nice in her comments.

I think we're in agreement for the most part. Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  328670334
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-07, 14:09

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think we're in agreement for the most part. Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  328670334
Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-03-07, 14:45

Rocinante wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I think that oversimplifies it.  Just like “monkeying around” was an alert to racists in Florida, “allegiance to a foreign country” is an alert to antisemites and the wording is so specific, it is very difficult for me to believe she isn’t at least tacitly aware.  

I think we're in agreement for the most part too. Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  328670334
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-07, 15:19

I agree "monkeying around" <> "allegiance to a foreign country"....

"monkeying around" might = rich, cheap, thieving, dirty, cheating... whatever other common racist stuff thrown at Jewish peeps...

You gotta be a uber woke political type person to get wound up about "allegiance to a foreign country". After all... it's kind of right in the name of the PAC. American Israel Public Affairs Committee, implies allegiance to both.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next