Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

+8
DWags
Cameron
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
Rocinante
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-07, 15:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I agree "monkeying around" <> "allegiance to a foreign country"....

"monkeying around" might = rich, cheap, thieving, dirty, cheating... whatever other common racist stuff thrown at Jewish peeps...

You gotta be a uber woke political type person to get wound up about "allegiance to a foreign country". After all... it's kind of right in the name of the PAC. American Israel Public Affairs Committee, implies allegiance to both.

N-E- way. the quote above was Pat Buchanan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Representative Omar is universally condemned for telling the truth.

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-12, 11:46

I wonder how angry some of our former members are about Ilhan Omar's "some people did something" quote

I'm going to guess, really angry.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-12, 12:07

Rocinante wrote:I wonder how angry some of our former members are about Ilhan Omar's "some people did something" quote

I'm going to guess, really angry.
our former members aren't big fan of women.. or brown people - so it doesn't really matter what Rep. Omar says or doesn't say - they're not going to like her.

that said, I have no idea what she said to get hate-filled white guys outraged this time.. but I know that she's a great American and I support her right to have opinions... she's bright, engaged, intellectual - and she drives those that have contempt for America absolutely insane. So she's good with me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-12, 12:25

I understand what she's saying without even hearing the whole story, but she could have said better IMHO. Like, some radicalized people did something. Or something.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-12, 13:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:I understand what she's saying without even hearing the whole story, but she could have said better IMHO. Like, some radicalized people did something. Or something.

That's just it. Everybody understands what she's saying. It's how people talk. Yet, people choose to twist it into something it's not, a dismissal of 9/11. If you say what she said out loud, it's completely reasonable. She's saying that some people, who have nothing to do with who WE are, did something, and then WE were being punished for it as a whole, which is why the organization she was speaking to was founded.

I ask you what is wrong with that?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-12, 13:29

I honestly like this woman more and more every day. I agree with you that she could choose her words more carefully, but at this point, the way she's being treated, why should she? "Fuck everyone, I'm speaking my truth." seems to be her mantra, and Tlaib, and Ocasio-Cortez.

And bless them for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-12, 13:33

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I understand what she's saying without even hearing the whole story, but she could have said better IMHO. Like, some radicalized people did something. Or something.

That's just it. Everybody understands what she's saying. It's how people talk. Yet, people choose to twist it into something it's not, a dismissal of 9/11. If you say what she said out loud, it's completely reasonable. She's saying that some people, who have nothing to do with who WE are, did something, and then WE were being punished for it as a whole, which is why the organization she was speaking to was founded.

I ask you what is wrong with that?

I'm just saying a lot less people would get their underwear in a bundle. OTOH, it is find of funny to watch them do it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-12, 13:53

Rocinante wrote:I honestly like this woman more and more every day. I agree with you that she could choose her words more carefully, but at this point, the way she's being treated, why should she? "Fuck everyone, I'm speaking my truth." seems to be her mantra, and Tlaib, and Ocasio-Cortez.

And bless them for it.
agree completely - she, Tlaib and AOC absolutely terrify the political and media elite.. because they know that these 3 bright, independent and fearless ladies aren't backing down and, what's worse, they speak to a generation that the political and media elite have spent an inordinate amount of time minimizing, disenfranchising and ridiculing.

they want the 18-35 demographic to become lazy and disengaged. I don't think these three ladies are going to allow that - and, yes, bless them for it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2