Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

+18
Robert J Sakimano
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Cameron
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? Empty Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-19, 12:03

Nope.....not at all. You guys are a joke.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-19, 12:39

Who?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-19, 13:02

I think it completely delegitimizes all so-called “discrimination” and “hate crimes.”

I sleep better knowing that the only racist are democrats and black people.

In whitey’s name we pray,
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-02-19, 13:24

If you want to talk about it, start a thread. You clearly know how.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-02-19, 14:46

Who? Seriously who is that?
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-19, 15:15

Yesterday, being off of work I noticed on GMA or some other fine MSM provider that they gave about 2 min to the Aurora workplace shooting and 20 to this fool.

This is America.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-19, 15:18

BTW, I commented on this idiot somewhere on this board... maybe the main board. Regardless, equating an actor's drama to anything meaningful to people is ridiculous.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-02-19, 15:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW, I commented on this idiot somewhere on this board... maybe the main board. Regardless, equating an actor's drama to anything meaningful to people is ridiculous.

I read up on this. Seems like Trump supporters want people to know they aren't all racists.

Congratulations you aren't all racist. However the overwhelming majority of racist did vote for him. So enjoy living with that.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-19, 15:59

TheReal_LWS wrote:Nope.....not at all. You guys are a joke.

What the fuck kind of name is Jussie? What's this all about now? I don't read the Ted Nugent Times.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-19, 16:10

I hope he goes to jail. Smollet, not LWS.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-19, 16:40

OK, so I actually did some Googling and figured out what got LWS all bent out of shape. Yeah, this guy needs some sort of punishment. Not cool to fake a hate crime.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-19, 16:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who?

Some movie star that what I can gather his career was going in the toilet so evidently he paid some guys to beat him up. I don’t follow him like LWS obviously does, but I told my wife that he’s accomplished what he’s set out to do. I have now not only heard of him, but am interested in the outcome. They say no such thing as bad publicity in Hollywood. This guy nailed it. His high paid attorney gets him community service, he will go on the talk show circuit he’ll be in movies and tv shows.

John Wayne would never do this shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-19, 17:14

So what does an actor paying people to beat him up have to do with politics/bin?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-19, 17:22

I have asked Pylon to delete my post. It was bad and out of line and feeding a troll.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-19, 17:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have asked Pylon to delete my post. It was bad and out of line and feeding a troll.

Done.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-19, 17:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So what does an actor paying people to beat him up have to do with politics/bin?

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? 2599972566

Someone will equate racial tension to Trump, so I'm leaving it. Oops.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-02-20, 02:51; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-19, 17:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So what does an actor paying people to beat him up have to do with politics/bin?
He claimed they called him all sorts of names and he needed to get out of MAGA country, or something like that. Anyway, trump supporters were scared shitless because they know this could actually happen, but now they feel vindicated because it looks like this is all a setup.
I never watched empire.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-19, 23:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have asked Pylon to delete my post. It was bad and out of line and feeding a troll.

Kind of like the time you stalked my wife at work?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-19, 23:28

Sorry, but we don’t let TMZ and People magazine dictate our story selection.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-20, 18:15

The OP is shocked by a multiple of things.

This is an older, more cynical board.
A lot of posters remember Tawana Brawley

Know Chicago mass transit is blanketed with CCTV cameras that would typically pick up some images of the two people who attacked the actor.

Know that the actor's cell phone would probably have been taken because it could be sold but more importantly because its an actor's phone the contact list and any banking apps could be worth a lot more than a stolen smart phone.

But Smollett didn't lose his phone in the alleged attack. Instead he sanatized it before turning it over to Chicago law enforcement.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2019-02-21, 11:03; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-20, 21:59

This was discussed in the TV/Movies thread on the main board. Not every random thought or sub topic needs it's own thread, LWS.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-21, 10:49

This topic is a real dog whistle for idiots isn't it?

I read about it. Guy is a moron and hopefully is prosecuted and punished severely. I've never watched that show or heard of this guy until a few days ago so it doesn't really move the needle much. Here is a summary for Bob or anyone else curious.

https://www.freep.com/story/life/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-charged-disorderly-conduct-filing-false-police-report/2928870002/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-21, 10:57

I think the fact that there wasn't a thread over here should indicate to bee that most of us wanted to wait to see how it shook out. It was fishy from the get go. Anyone who didn't see that, didn't want to see that. I guess I don't understand why we should care? Maybe in Bee and Goose's minds, the fact that the left leaning members of this board aren't up in arms defending the president against this attack(??) from a gay black b-lister means that we... what, approve of it? I don't know. It's hard to figure these guys out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-21, 12:15

What sucks about this is the extreme disservice that Smollett has done to past and future victims of real hate crimes. It has given the jackasses an impetus to not believe any future hate crime is real. Hell, just look at the smug way that LWS started this thread, thinking that it's some "gotcha" against the left (ignoring the fact that he completely missed it being discussed on the main board). In fact, it may even embolden people to commit more attacks for real, because they will know that people will think it's another fake crime. What a fucking piece of shit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-21, 13:27

Speaking of shit I don't care about.
The news said John Wayne was a white supremacist... Wondering how that affects lws' politics? Gut punch or atta boy?

Regardless, pretty irrelevant to have that brought up now by whomever the MSM outlet was.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-21, 13:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Speaking of shit I don't care about.
The news said John Wayne was a white supremacist... Wondering how that affects lws' politics? Gut punch or atta boy?

Regardless, pretty irrelevant to have that brought up now by whomever the MSM outlet was.

I thought that was known.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-21, 17:18

Ftr, I just threw John Wayne’s name out there. I don’t know anything about him except true grit and I just read he refused to play himself in Blazing Saddles but said he loved the script.

by the way, they actually wanted Johnny Carson to play Gene Wilders role. Wilder was the third choice.

But yeah, fuck this guy. If he’s guilty he’s given knuckle draggers ammunition to say all this shit is always made up. He’s given the real homophobes And xenophobia and racists a platform to preach from. Throw his ass in prison.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-21, 17:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This topic is a real dog whistle for idiots isn't it?

I read about it. Guy is a moron and hopefully is prosecuted and punished severely. I've never watched that show or heard of this guy until a few days ago so it doesn't really move the needle much. Here is a summary for Bob or anyone else curious.

https://www.freep.com/story/life/2019/02/20/jussie-smollett-charged-disorderly-conduct-filing-false-police-report/2928870002/

Exactly this.

Didn't even know about this idiot until a few days ago. Why do right wingers give a shit about what lefties think about this?

Also, sorry right wingers I'm not going to waste too much more time thinking about this one.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 17:40

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This topic is a real dog whistle for idiots isn't it?

Exactly this.

Didn't even know about this idiot until a few days ago. Why do right wingers give a shit about what lefties think about this?

Also, sorry right wingers I'm not going to waste too much more time thinking about this one.

Because for your average republican now a days their primary platform is triggering libs steve
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-21, 17:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Exactly this.

Because for your average republican now a days their primary platform is triggering libs steve

Yeah, someone said the other day that conservatives would let someone shit in their mouth if a liberal had to smell it. That's where we are at in 2019.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-02-21, 18:25

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, someone said the other day that conservatives would let someone shit in their mouth if a liberal had to smell it. That's where we are at in 2019.

I'm definitely stealing that line. I might even pretend I came up with it, I love it that much.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 19:29

So this cat played on Empire? Damn, didn't know Queensryche had a gay black dude in the band. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-22, 11:22

So, on my children, I have never watched a minute of "Empire" and am kind of pissed I know so much about this guy. However, it just came over my computer that Empire fired him today on set.

So, actions seem to have consequences. Imagine that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-22, 12:11

steveschneider wrote:

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-22, 14:42

steveschneider wrote:

Good analogy. +1
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-02-22, 18:41

Because Jussie is a friend?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-22, 21:23

y2kMgrad wrote:Because Jussie is a friend?

I see what you did there
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-26, 11:43

All charges dropped.  This is interesting.

Chigago Tribune article short on the deets
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 12:35

Rocinante wrote:All charges dropped.  This is interesting.

so I'm guessing all the right wing racist bigots who rushed to judgement on this guy nobody had ever heard of will show contrition?

I won't hold my breath.   Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-26, 12:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:All charges dropped.  This is interesting.

so I'm guessing all the right wing racist bigots who rushed to judgement on this guy nobody had ever heard of will show contrition?

I won't hold my breath.   Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? 502811600
That $100,000 contribution to the local gendarmes proves his innocence.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next