Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

+18
Robert J Sakimano
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Cameron
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 12:53

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
so I'm guessing all the right wing racist bigots who rushed to judgement on this guy nobody had ever heard of will show contrition?

I won't hold my breath.   Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
That $100,000 contribution to the local gendarmes proves his innocence.
I don't know anything about it.. never heard of him (I don't keep up with pop culture) until this. I just know that the knuckle-draggers were wanting to hang him at the town square with all of their MAGA friends looking on, cheering.

guessing they feel pretty silly - but I doubt it. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-26, 12:56

I'm going to assume there will be a flood of disagreement by the right wing nut jobs over this law enforcement officials determination that no crime was committed?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 13:20

kingstonlake wrote:I'm going to assume there will be a flood of disagreement by the right wing nut jobs over this law enforcement officials determination that no crime was committed?
yeah, the MAGA knuckle-draggers aren't big fans of law enforcement... or black people.

so this one really hurts them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 13:32

Jussie Smollett says he will "continue to fight for the justice, equality, and betterment of marginalized people everywhere"

refreshing to hear.. it'll be even more refreshing if he follows through with it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-26, 13:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
so I'm guessing all the right wing racist bigots who rushed to judgement on this guy nobody had ever heard of will show contrition?

I won't hold my breath.   Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600

Wait, what? You mean that he forfeited his bond? it was 10K not 100k. Let's wait for more information. The Chicago PD has a long and storied history of.... questionable behavior to say the least. Not saying Smollette is innocent, but not saying he's not either. Basically, if nothing else comes out, and he's sticking to his story, he shouldn't be prevented from earning a living.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 13:48

Rocinante wrote:

Wait, what?  You mean that he forfeited his bond?  it was 10K not 100k.  Let's wait for more information.  The Chicago PD has a long and storied history of.... questionable behavior to say the least.  Not saying Smollette is innocent, but not saying he's not either.  Basically, if nothing else comes out, and he's sticking to his story, he shouldn't be prevented from earning a living.
did some reading on various platforms..

basically, the fine, upstanding patriots who cheer the corruption of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator are now aghast at the possibility of that this dude might be getting some sort of preferential treatment under the law.

(though nobody really knows.. the MAGA types were too busy rushing to judgement).

you can't make this up. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600  Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600  Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-26, 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm going to assume there will be a flood of disagreement by the right wing nut jobs over this law enforcement officials determination that no crime was committed?
yeah, the MAGA knuckle-draggers aren't big fans of law enforcement... or black people.

Man it's like Smollet appointed his own AG....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 13:55

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Man it's like Smollet appointed his own AG....
Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-26, 13:57

Rocinante wrote:

Wait, what? You mean that he forfeited his bond? it was 10K not 100k. Let's wait for more information. The Chicago PD has a long and storied history of.... questionable behavior to say the least. Not saying Smollette is innocent, but not saying he's not either. Basically, if nothing else comes out, and he's sticking to his story, he shouldn't be prevented from earning a living.

$10k, sounds like a real deal then. He'll save that much in attorney fees.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-26, 14:01

This is very confusing.

I think we need LWS to come back and explain what is going on.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 14:11

NigelUno wrote:This is very confusing.

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600

it would be fun seeing Goose throwing out some mainstream media articles outlining the dangers of rushing to judgement while rushing to judgement.

Talk to me, Goose!! Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 1362440668
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-26, 14:22

Man, Rahm and the police superintendent are pissed. Chicago is such a fucked up town. They can't do anything right there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 14:34

Rocinante wrote:Man, Rahm and the police superintendent are pissed.  Chicago is such a fucked up town.  They can't do anything right there.
I believe that colored boy president grew there, didn't he? or was it Kenya??

I get confused. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-26, 15:02

This is a strange story. I don't quite know what to think at this point.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-26, 15:19

Chicago PD = WTF?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 15:24

I think we need to appoint a special counsel to fully investigate this. We can't have people breaking the law.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-26, 15:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Man, Rahm and the police superintendent are pissed.  Chicago is such a fucked up town.  They can't do anything right there.

I get confused. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 2599972566

No dude. He grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. Read Dreams From My Father. It's pretty good. I admit I don't read memoirs, but after he was elected, I though our country was actually changing for the better so I read it. How fucking naive was I?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 15:26

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No dude. He grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. Read Dreams From My Father. It's pretty good. I admit I don't read memoirs, but after he was elected, I though our country was actually changing for the better so I read it. How fucking naive was I?
like most of us, we didn't fully comprehend the amount of rage that having a successful, universally loved, scandal-free black president would create in the depths of American racists.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-26, 15:42

I think the witnesses for the prosecution had some issues and/or were paid off.

That shouldn't surprise any one in Chicago. Not sure what the big deal is.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 16:02

NigelUno wrote:I think the witnesses for the prosecution had some issues and/or were paid off.

That shouldn't surprise any one in Chicago.  Not sure what the big deal is.
It would be nice if people cared as much about systemic corruption and subsequent assault on our democracy as the do an alleged assault on some Hollywood dude that most decent people have never heard of.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-03-26, 16:52

I used to think racism was overblown in this country. Never seen anyone talk bad about anyone because of their race. But holy shit, SW Michigan is racist as fuck. Grabbed a drink after work today and everyone at the bar (who had been there for hours and were wasted @ 4:30 on a Tuesday and hitting on the 25 year old bartender ... no comment on that) was straight up saying they wished they hung the guy and "now they're all gonna do this. Trump should do something about it". Couldn't believe my ears. The place where I got my hair cut last was full of the same shit. Racist jokes, Hannity puppets, MAGA blah blah blah. Disgusting stuff

Btw, this Smollet guy is a tool. What a stupid thing to make up
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-03-26, 17:50

NigelUno wrote:This is very confusing.

My bet is on finger pointing at the Chicago PD and the mayor's office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-26, 18:12

Tim Wakefield wrote:I used to think racism was overblown in this country. Never seen anyone talk bad about anyone because of their race. But holy shit, SW Michigan is racist as fuck. Grabbed a drink after work today and everyone at the bar (who had been there for hours and were wasted @ 4:30 on a Tuesday and hitting on the 25 year old bartender ... no comment on that) was straight up saying they wished they hung the guy and "now they're all gonna do this. Trump should do something about it". Couldn't believe my ears. The place where I got my hair cut last was full of the same shit. Racist jokes, Hannity puppets, MAGA blah blah blah. Disgusting stuff

This is interesting, because even having grown up in MI, until I got to MSU, I'd never talked to a black person from SW MI, I worked in the library for like a year and worked with a girl who was from Benton Harbor, and she told me about the racial violence history in St. Joe / Benton Harbor. After that I went down a rabbit hole and really dug into the topic. There's a lot of history there, so I am not surprised about what you heard. It also disgusts me how freely some folks will spew their racism when I'm in the room. Like I'm just going to be like "cool."
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-26, 18:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I think the witnesses for the prosecution had some issues and/or were paid off.

That shouldn't surprise any one in Chicago.  Not sure what the big deal is.
It would be nice if people cared as much about systemic corruption and subsequent assault on our democracy as the do an alleged assault on some Hollywood dude that most decent people have never heard of.

That would be nice.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-26, 18:46

Tim Wakefield wrote:I used to think racism was overblown in this country. Never seen anyone talk bad about anyone because of their race. But holy shit, SW Michigan is racist as fuck. Grabbed a drink after work today and everyone at the bar (who had been there for hours and were wasted @ 4:30 on a Tuesday and hitting on the 25 year old bartender ... no comment on that) was straight up saying they wished they hung the guy and "now they're all gonna do this. Trump should do something about it". Couldn't believe my ears. The place where I got my hair cut last was full of the same shit. Racist jokes, Hannity puppets, MAGA blah blah blah. Disgusting stuff

Sounds like you should avoid that bar wake. Jesus Christ.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-03-26, 18:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I certainly won't be back
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 19:42

I suspect they're only concerned with the law when it doesn't benefit white people.

So, yeah.. big fans of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:All charges dropped.  This is interesting.

Chigago Tribune article short on the deets

Is it ok that centrists and left wingers rushed to judgement? Sorry, Bob, but while right wingers may have used this to gloat, the vast majority of people of all political persuasions, races, and genders (myself included) rushed to judgement on this.

It's a bizarre situation. They don't think that the people that he accused of beating him up actually did it. Meanwhile he still claims that he was beat up, but is not being charged with making it up. So who knows what the fuck is going on? Have they said WHY the charges were dropped? His story didn't add up, which doesn't mean that he made it up, but it raises enough questions to not assume that he was telling the truth either.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-27, 12:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Is it ok that centrists and left wingers rushed to judgement? Sorry, Bob, but while right wingers may have used this to gloat, the vast majority of people of all political persuasions, races, and genders (myself included) rushed to judgement on this.

It's a bizarre situation. They don't think that the people that he accused of beating him up actually did it. Meanwhile he still claims that he was beat up, but is not being charged with making it up. So who knows what the fuck is going on? Have they said WHY the charges were dropped? His story didn't add up, which doesn't mean that he made it up, but it raises enough questions to not assume that he was telling the truth either.

On the contrary the first post in this thread is a conservative yelling at everyone else because they had the gall to not care at all about this story and thus weren’t talking about it. So, no, at least for the liberals here, I would not say that they rushed to judgement. I’d say that they didn’t give a fuck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 13:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Is it ok that centrists and left wingers rushed to judgement?  Sorry, Bob, but while right wingers may have used this to gloat, the vast majority of people of all political persuasions, races, and genders (myself included) rushed to judgement on this.  

It's a bizarre situation.  They don't think that the people that he accused of beating him up actually did it.  Meanwhile he still claims that he was beat up, but is not being charged with making it up.  So who knows what the fuck is going on?  Have they said WHY the charges were dropped?  His story didn't add up, which doesn't mean that he made it up, but it raises enough questions to not assume that he was telling the truth either.

On the contrary the first post in this thread is a conservative yelling at everyone else because they had the gall to not care at all about this story and thus weren’t talking about it. So, no, at least for the liberals here, I would not say that they rushed to judgement. I’d say that they didn’t give a fuck.
Really?

kingston:  "I hope he goes to jail."

pylon:  "Yeah, this guy needs some sort of punishment. Not cool to fake a hate crime."

dwags:  "what I can gather his career was going in the toilet so evidently he paid some guys to beat him up."  (granted, dwags did say "evidently", but still seems to be accepting it as fact)

OTPT:  "So what does an actor paying people to beat him up have to do with politics/bin?"  (assumes guilt with the statement)

GRR:  I won't copy his whole post, but basically pointed out several reasons that this seemed to be a bullshit story.

WBH:  "Guy is a moron and hopefully is prosecuted and punished severely."

Wake (today, since the charges were dropped):  "Btw, this Smollet guy is a tool. What a stupid thing to make up"

*Let me be clear that I am not criticizing any of these posters for posting what they did.  I completely agreed, and still think it is more likely than not that he made this up, as his story just doesn't add up.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2019-03-27, 17:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed Roc's quote, which I misinterpreted)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-27, 13:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Really?

kingston: "I hope he goes to jail."

pylon: "Yeah, this guy needs some sort of punishment. Not cool to fake a hate crime."

dwags: "what I can gather his career was going in the toilet so evidently he paid some guys to beat him up." (granted, dwags did say "evidently", but still seems to be accepting it as fact)

OTPT: "So what does an actor paying people to beat him up have to do with politics/bin?" (assumes guilt with the statement)

GRR: I won't copy his whole post, but basically pointed out several reasons that this seemed to be a bullshit story.

WBH: "Guy is a moron and hopefully is prosecuted and punished severely."

Roc: "It was fishy from the get go. Anyone who didn't see that, didn't want to see that."

Wake (today, since the charges were dropped): "Btw, this Smollet guy is a tool. What a stupid thing to make up"

*Let me be clear that I am not criticizing any of these posters for posting what they did. I completely agreed, and still think it is more likely than not that he made this up, as his story just doesn't add up.

Oh I thought you were talking about the flipsies side of that, back when people thought there was an attack and would have also been rushing to judgement. Gotcha now. My bad. No one knows anything, even now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-27, 14:07

I am not impressed with you cherry picking my words, Miami. There's a lot more to that post. You betta watch it, boy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 14:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you're proving my point.

The racist knuckle-draggers lectured people about rushing to judgement... while rushing to judgement. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-27, 14:27

I am no liberal, cuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-27, 14:28

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I certainly won't be back

Were there a bunch of Confederate flags hanging on the wall? Was Ty there?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 14:31

Fox News is very upset by this. Their entire page is full of scary looking black people associated with this guy nobody ever heard of. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link - https://www.foxnews.com
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 16:02

Rocinante wrote:I am not impressed with you cherry picking my words, Miami. There's a lot more to that post. You betta watch it, boy.
There was, and there was from others. But I don't think that I took the statement that I copied out of context. Apologies if you feel that I did. Was just showing that pretty much everyone seemed to take his guilt at face value (myself definitely included).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-27, 16:05

As far as I can tell, this is all working out just fine for the guy because he's still getting free publicity and the charges are off the table. Almost like it was planned.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 16:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

you're proving my point.

The racist knuckle-draggers lectured people about rushing to judgement... while rushing to judgement. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 2 502811600
To be fair, it's sometimes difficult to discern exactly what your point is. Razz

My point was that everyone rushed to judgement. To be fair, we all usually do about most things. And in this case, there appears to be a lot more evidence to cause someone to rush to judgement against Smollet than rushing to judgement believing him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-27, 16:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I am not impressed with you cherry picking my words, Miami. There's a lot more to that post. You betta watch it, boy.
There was, and there was from others. But I don't think that I took the statement that I copied out of context. Apologies if you feel that I did. Was just showing that pretty much everyone seemed to take his guilt at face value (myself definitely included).

I said it was fishy. I still think it's fishy. But it's Chicago, which has me thinking the fishy smell could be coming from any number of directions. It seems nobody has clean hands, but we can't know that because the court records have been sealed. So as I said, hopefully everybody can move on. It seems to me that most people, having been attacked in the street in what could only be called a hate-crime, then "exonerated" from a charge of making it up, would come out and call for the investigation to continue, and for the perps to be found. Well he's not doing that. But on the other hand, I am a white, straight guy in america, he's a black queer guy. His life experience is a lot different than mine, and he may have made the calculation that it's not worth it.

So basically I don't know anything.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next