Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

+18
Robert J Sakimano
y2kMgrad
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Cameron
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 16:55

What I find most bizarre about this whole story is that people seem to actually care about it.. like it somehow impacts their life.

Never heard of the guy or the show he's on before this.. I have no idea what's going on, what the truth is, etc. It just seems to be the sort of thing that illustrates how ignorant and vapid our society is.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board?

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-27, 17:18

Yeah, you've said that, Bob. Incessantly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 17:44

Rocinante wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
There was, and there was from others. But I don't think that I took the statement that I copied out of context. Apologies if you feel that I did. Was just showing that pretty much everyone seemed to take his guilt at face value (myself definitely included).

I said it was fishy. I still think it's fishy. But it's Chicago, which has me thinking the fishy smell could be coming from any number of directions. It seems nobody has clean hands, but we can't know that because the court records have been sealed. So as I said, hopefully everybody can move on. It seems to me that most people, having been attacked in the street in what could only be called a hate-crime, then "exonerated" from a charge of making it up, would come out and call for the investigation to continue, and for the perps to be found. Well he's not doing that. But on the other hand, I am a white, straight guy in america, he's a black queer guy. His life experience is a lot different than mine, and he may have made the calculation that it's not worth it.

So basically I don't know anything.
Fair enough, I misinterpreted your meaning in calling it fishy as you believing that he lied about it. I have edited that post to remove your quote.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 17:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:What I find most bizarre about this whole story is that people seem to actually care about it.. like it somehow impacts their life.

Never heard of the guy or the show he's on before this.. I have no idea what's going on, what the truth is, etc. It just seems to be the sort of thing that illustrates how ignorant and vapid our society is.

And how many posts do you have in this thread, Bob? Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 18:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:What I find most bizarre about this whole story is that people seem to actually care about it.. like it somehow impacts their life.

And how many posts do you have in this thread, Bob? Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600
I don't know.

I just enjoy pointing out other people's shortcomings.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 18:31

Rocinante wrote:Yeah, you've said that, Bob. Incessantly.
believe it or not, repetition is one of my more admirable attributes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-27, 18:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
And how many posts do you have in this thread, Bob?  Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600
I don't know.

What I find most bizarre about your posts in this thread is that you seem to actually care about whether people care about this.. like it somehow impacts your life.  
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 18:43

from some media type on Twitter

CNN today has been nearly three solid hours of Jussie Smollett and maybe like five minutes on the Trump administration seeking to completely invalidate the Affordable Care Act.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-27, 18:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I don't know.

What I find most bizarre about your posts in this thread is that you seem to actually care about whether people care about this.. like it somehow impacts your life.  
my therapist says it's a more constructive use of my time than the alternatives.

It's also fun mocking MAGA knuckle-draggin' racists.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 08:22

sorry to inform y'all that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has weighed in (and by "weighing in", I'm referencing the fact that he's offering his expert opinion.. not his obese existence).

RacistBigotedChristianSexualPredator
‏Verified account @realRacistBigotedChristianSexualPredator
2h2 hours ago

FBI & DOJ to review the outrageous Jussie Smollett case in Chicago. It is an embarrassment to our Nation!

'cause, ya know.. we just can't have a colored boy benefiting from the same justice system that white people regularly benefit from. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-03-28, 08:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sorry to inform y'all that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has weighed in (and by "weighing in", I'm referencing the fact that he's offering his expert opinion.. not his obese existence).

2h2 hours ago

FBI & DOJ to review the outrageous Jussie Smollett case in Chicago. It is an embarrassment to our Nation!

'cause, ya know.. we just can't have a colored boy benefiting from the same justice system that white people regularly benefit from. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600

Fuck this guy. Same dude who called Paul Manafort courageous. Yeah, he is a fucking bigot along with all of his supporters who retweet this bullshit.

I know, I know. Commie circle jerk
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-28, 09:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sorry to inform y'all that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has weighed in (and by "weighing in", I'm referencing the fact that he's offering his expert opinion.. not his obese existence).

2h2 hours ago

WITCH HUNT!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-28, 09:24

2h2 hours ago

Very fine people on both sides.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 10:21

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator only likes law enforcement when they're investigating and/or killing black people.. when they're investigating him and his deplorable pals/supporters.. not so much.  Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-28, 10:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator only likes law enforcement when they're investigating and/or killing black people.. when they're investigating him and his deplorable pals/supporters.. not so much.  Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600

Pretty much. He is an awful person and his white fan base will rally around him when he goes after poc. 2020 can’t get here soon enough. If he wins again this country is becoming Trumpistan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-17, 08:15

the lead story at Fox News is still about a scary black man nobody has ever heard of.. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600

you'd almost think they were playing to their racist viewers.. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 2599972566

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-17, 08:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the lead story at Fox News is still about a scary black man nobody has ever heard of.. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600

you'd almost think they were playing to their racist viewers.. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 2599972566

They have the formula. Stories that mean nothing in reality but everything in our social media minds move needles. Kardashian’s in the whitehouse. It’s where we are. What’s better is if fox can use a huge social media story to reinforce stereotypes and stir up their racist base.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-17, 08:30

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the lead story at Fox News is still about a scary black man nobody has ever heard of.. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 502811600

They have the formula. Stories that mean nothing in reality but everything in our social media minds move needles. Kardashian’s in the whitehouse. It’s where we are. What’s better is if fox can use a huge social media story to reinforce stereotypes and stir up their racist base.
yep.

I'm starting to think.. and stick with me here.. that they want their viewers to be scared of brown people. Am I shocked that there is not a Jussie Smollett thread on this board? - Page 3 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3