Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - Final Season

+23
tGreenWay
NWSpartan
Clarett's Folly
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
DWags
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
tTito
InTenSity
StylesGShmooth
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
27 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can you refresh that T.Rav? I don't remember that.

Theon “killed” bran and rickon in season 2 and announced himself in charge of winterfell. He actually just burned two farm boys he found to make it look like he killed them, when really he couldn’t find them. From then bran spent like 4 seasons wandering to the wall, making it to the wall, going beyond the wall, etc. No one really knew he was alive until last season when he showed back up and met up with Sansa. Sam knew too but he wasn’t gonna go telling Kings landing about it. Ramsey could have surmised that bran was still alive since he captured rickon, but I guess he didn’t bother telling anyone about any of that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:39

Lol.  Never knew that the filters here turn G.host with the . into TempeTantrum.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:46

Nordic wrote:Good episode. Tied up pretty much all the loose ends. Reset everyone. Got all the reunions (which everyone has been begging for many seasons) over with in one shot. My only question is, where are the wolves? I don't even remember how many are still around (I think 2). They have to play a role.

FYI the wolf handler is listed in the credits...so their will be wolves.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:48

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I wouldn’t call it boring but it was bad. Just like last season. It was a good run.

Are you purposefully becoming the Stephen A Smith of this place?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:49

pulling69 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I wouldn’t call it boring but it was bad. Just like last season. It was a good run.

Are you purposefully becoming the Stephen A Smith of this place?

Is my caps lock on or something?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 14 Apr 2019 - 23:53

Action = forced bad writing

No action = boring
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 0:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Action = forced bad writing

No action = boring

The build up was great in this episode but the dialogue was terrible. Usually thrones excels at both.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 0:04

I mean it was whatever. Which is a problem when there are 5 episodes left. Like.... timeline complaints are going to derive from taking an entire hour to really advance nothing. Whatever happens the next episode probably could have happened here, to smooth things out.

It just comes down to running out of books. Those books, for those that read them, are some of the most descriptive out there. It lays out literally everything for a show writer. Then suddenly they’re without them. What could anyone expect at that point? They’re doing their best. Which is fine, but expecting it to be as good as before isn’t right. It was never gonna be.

Speaking of the books though, I have a theory. Ready for a theory? Good. Since Sam is sort of a narrator and I think George Martin said that he’s kind of a representation of himself, I think that Sam is going to somehow die at the end, however it happens. and the last book won’t come out until martin’s death. It’s done, and ready to be published, but no one will see it until then. Just my two cents on that little bit of controversy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:11

Should I be more proud of never watching an episode of Throne Games or not knowing who Nipsy Hussle was?

Please advise.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Action = forced bad writing

No action = boring

The build up was great in this episode but the dialogue was terrible. Usually thrones excels at both.

Liking things is so lame. Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:32

Major exposition episode. Five more to go.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 7:50

I didn't think it was bad. Just a bit slow for a show that's supposed to be wrapping things up within 5 episodes. Didn't need the 10 minute, $5 trillion dragon flying scene

The battle is gonna be sweet
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 8:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I mean what was Jamie thinking? I'm sure they get the Daily Stark or whatever. I'm sure he knew he's still alive. Of couse he'll run into him at Winterfell.

Everyone thought that Theon killed him. I don’t think anyone was ever really in a position to bother making an announcement that that wasn’t true when they found out, except maybe Ramsey, but he just wanted to kill all of them himself. So Jaime probably did think he was dead.

I guess it comes down to how quickly you believe news spreads across the country. Bran isn't hiding. Random people have seen him wheeling around. Word is gonna spread about him being back in Winterfell. Anyway, we're getting into the weeds here.

There's what, four episodes left now? The reunion tour is over, time to get to murdering bitches.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 10:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

+1. Opinions are lame too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 11:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There are two constants on this board. OTPT not liking the thing that you like, and Bob never hearing of the thing that you like.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There are two constants on this board. OTPT not liking the thing that you like, and Bob never hearing of the thing that you like.

Thinking the dialogue sucked = not liking game of thrones? Interesting.

Yawn. Simpleton logic.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The dialogue since the books ended has been cringe worthy.
Had you read the books prior to/during the show, or do you just know when the books stopped covering it. I honestly have no idea.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 502811600

This should be on the front page.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 12:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The dialogue since the books ended has been cringe worthy.
Had you read the books prior to/during the show, or do you just know when the books stopped covering it. I honestly have no idea.

Season 7 is when they ran out of books to write on. I’ve only read about 2.75 of the books.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 15:14

I thought there were 8 episodes this season, are there only 6?

I'm also pretty sure that the final ep is going to be around 2 hours long.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 15:23

Sepinwall. Good read, as always.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/game-of-thrones-close-up-season-premiere-sepinwall-819469/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 15:33

InTenSity wrote:I thought there were 8 episodes this season, are there only 6?

Saw somewhere the rest will be close to 80 min each.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 15:38

InTenSity wrote:I thought there were 8 episodes this season, are there only 6?

I was surprised when my wife told me it was only 6 episodes. I was figuring 7 since the last season had 7 episodes, and I knew that they had decided on two shorter seasons instead of one big last season. You're probably right about the finale. The finale of the last season was almost 90 minutes, so I would think it will be at least that long.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 15:58

Only 6 episodes but the last couple are 2 hours each. Episode 3 is supposed to be the battle and is the longest episode. Also supposed to be all battle, the producers wanted to top the old "record of 47 minutes of a continuous battle scene from the LOtR series.

Season 8, episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 18:05

pulling69 wrote:Only 6 episodes but the last couple are 2 hours each. Episode 3 is supposed to be the battle and is the longest episode. Also supposed to be all battle, the producers wanted to top the old "record of 47 minutes of a continuous battle scene from the LOtR series.
"1:20" = 1 hour, 20 minutes.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 19:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Only 6 episodes but the last couple are 2 hours each. Episode 3 is supposed to be the battle and is the longest episode. Also supposed to be all battle, the producers wanted to top the old "record of 47 minutes of a continuous battle scene from the LOtR series.
"1:20" = 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Close enough lol!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bran: "I'm waiting for an old friend."

Jamie: "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"

That was solid. Of all the 'reunions' that one is the most awkward.

This exchange was pretty good too:

Sansa: Cersi told you the Lannister army is coming North to fight for you?

Tyrion: She did

Sansa: I used to think you were the cleverest man in the 7 kingdoms
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:14

StylesGShmooth wrote:Also, I wanna see when Dany meets Sam and Jorah's goes hey this is the guy that cured me and Jon's goes this is my best friend and she goes oh shit I roasted your father and brother over an open fire.  Will make for an awkward moment.

awkward....
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:19

I don't think Sam will be too heart broken over his dad. Maybe his brother though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 11:52

Does anyone know if Disney or Universal has a Game of Thrones ride in the works?  The dragon riding scene reminded me of something that could be like the Avatar ride at Animal Kingdom (which is awesome, btw).  I wouldn't be all that shocked if they did that scene largely for the sake of a future ride at a park.  After all, the cross-marketing of the final season, from Adidas GOT shoes to Johnny Walker doing a "White Walker" label, has been out of control.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 11:55

Ha, I don't think you're going to see any GoT stuff at WDW anytime soon.

Maybe they can convert Rapunzel's tower at MK into an interactive ride and when you get to the top you can see Flynn Rider fucking his sister from behind.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 12:00

I'm waiting until the end of the season to binge it all. It will be hard for me to avoid the
spoilers:
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 13:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ha, I don't think you're going to see any GoT stuff at WDW anytime soon.

Maybe they can convert Rapunzel's tower at MK into an interactive ride and when you get to the top you can see Flynn Rider fucking his sister from behind.
True, but they've had rides based on R rated movies, haven't they? Or maybe that's just at Universal. Universal and Hollywood Studios run together for me.

I got a chuckle imagining that scene with the Disney animatronics. Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 502811600 My wife and I were just saying that we wish our daughter could watch GOT. She's 13, so um, maybe in 10 years. They could make a nice extra chunk of money selling a PG-13 version on Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 13:31

InTenSity wrote:I don't think Sam will be too heart broken over his dad. Maybe his brother though.

The scene already happened.  He was kinda heartbroken.  Much more for his brother though.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 13:54

StylesGShmooth wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I don't think Sam will be too heart broken over his dad. Maybe his brother though.

The scene already happened.  He was kinda heartbroken.  Much more for his brother though.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 18:03

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bran: "I'm waiting for an old friend."

Jamie: "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"

That was solid. Of all the 'reunions' that one is the most awkward.

This exchange was pretty good too:

Sansa: Cersi told you the Lannister army is coming North to fight for you?

Tyrion: She did

Sansa: I used to think you were the cleverest man in the 7 kingdoms

"He has blue eyes!!" "I've always had blue eyes!"
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 19:18

[tw]1118654636372586496[/tw]

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 21 Apr 2019 - 21:43

Tormund with the BEST story EVER! Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 3 1966794946
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next